PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tyson and His Defense

Conley
06-09-2012, 04:46 PM
He doesn't get enough credit for his defense IMO, of course his offense was so amazing that's prolly why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYZzMPsm6c4

Goldie Locks
06-09-2012, 08:00 PM
I thought you were talking about his legal defense...;)

Conley
06-09-2012, 08:38 PM
I thought you were talking about his legal defense...;)

:roflmao:

Goldie Locks
06-09-2012, 08:44 PM
I used to be a huge boxing fan, but not so much anymore. Actually I don't even like the way these guys look. Very scary to me. There is no more Ali, Sugar Ray, Foreman and the like. They all look like they just got out of prison or are going there.

Conley
06-09-2012, 09:36 PM
I used to be a huge boxing fan, but not so much anymore. Actually I don't even like the way these guys look. Very scary to me. There is no more Ali, Sugar Ray, Foreman and the like. They all look like they just got out of prison or are going there.

Yeah, boxing has really gone down hill. I like watching Mayweather and Pacquiao though - those guys are incredible. Pacman is fighting tonight actually.

Not a lot of excitement in the heavyweight division and hasn't been for a long time IMO.

MMC
06-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Yeah, and Mayweather went to serve his time.....right. None of these guys have any class thats why.

Conley
06-09-2012, 10:10 PM
I like Pacman but yeah, "Money" has zero class.

Conley
06-09-2012, 10:55 PM
The Pacman Fight is starting now...also caught this article about Money, I think it's true.

Boxing legend Roy Jones Jr. hasn't had a bad personal relationship with Floyd Mayweather Jr. in the past, but that may be about to change.

The former four-division champion lauded Manny Pacquiao for taking risks and seeking out fights that would be history making, while he said Mayweather is simply more concerned with being unbeaten.

Pacquiao weighed in at a career-high 147 on Friday, not looking nearly as ripped as his opponent, Timothy Bradley. Bradley, whose physique was so heavily muscled that he could have passed for a Mr. Olympia contender, weighed 146 for their pay-per-view welterweight title bout Saturday at the MGM Grand Garden.

Jones said Bradley is a high-risk opponent who is more difficult for Pacquiao than Mayweather would be. Boxing fans have lusted after a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight for more than three years, but the sides have never been able to reach agreement.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing--roy-jones-jr--says-floyd-mayweather-wants-no-part-manny-pacquiao.html;_ylt=AiDrItrWYibDMyrmR6oBEyQ5nYcB

MMC
06-09-2012, 11:00 PM
I saw Zab Judah won and has a Welter-weight belt again. He is another punk. How much time did Maywearther get?

Conley
06-09-2012, 11:03 PM
3 months...you want me to pm you a link to the pac man fight?

MMC
06-09-2012, 11:22 PM
3 months...you want me to pm you a link to the pac man fight?

Nah.....I got Ancient Aliens on. :laugh:

Conley
06-09-2012, 11:25 PM
:roflmao: Pacman is already up 4-0, not really close.

MMC
06-09-2012, 11:30 PM
I didn't think it was.....but hey give it to him for picking a buff fighter. :rollseyes:

It's like we want you to fight Manny and we need someone he can beat on. Hows like 600K sound to you? :laugh:

Conley
06-10-2012, 08:32 AM
This is the biggest load of BS...boxing is a freaking joke. They gave the fight to Bradley...unbefrickenlievable! Outrageous! ESPN scored it 9 rounds to 1 for Pacman...gonna watch the rest of the fight now but sounds like everyone agrees the judges got bought off and the money in the rematch will be bigger (plus Mayweather isn't around to draw in $$$). What a joke of a sport it has become. :angry:

Conley
06-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Pacquiao
Bradley

Landed

Thrown

Pct

* Pacquiao +82 in power punches landed

-- ESPN Stats & Information

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8032414/timothy-bradley-beats-manny-pacquiao-controversial-split-decision

MMC
06-10-2012, 08:45 AM
Everyone I know says they cannot believe it.....Moreovers other were saying what you said with the first 4 rounds. What a joke. Plus Boxing is all pay for view most of the time. No class for real!

Conley
06-10-2012, 08:57 AM
The promoter already said there will be more money in the rematch...since HBO and Arum don't have Mayweather around to bring in money too they need to squeeze even more money out of their only draw Pacquiao, that's my best guess as to why the judges ruled like that.

MMC
06-10-2012, 09:35 AM
I think their crowds are getting less and less. Same with ratings. Soon they won't even be able to fill Ring-side.

Conley
06-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Top Rank's Bob Arum, who promotes Pacquiao and Bradley, was stunned. He said he had it 118-110 for Pacquiao.

"When I came into the ring [after the fight], I said to Tim, 'You did very well,' and he said 'I tried hard and I couldn't beat the guy. You talk about killing boxing. Even [Bradley's manager, Cameron Dunkin] had it 8-4 for Pacquiao.

"Something like this is so outlandish, it's a death knell for the sport. This is f------ nuts. I have both guys, and I'll make a lot of money in the rematch, but it's ridiculous. You have these old f---- who don't know what the hell they're looking at. It's incompetence. Nobody who knows anything about boxing could have Bradley ahead in the fight."

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8032206/manny-pacquiao-shocked-split-decision-loss-timothy-bradley-jr

Are people going to keep paying $70 when this is what happens?

MMC
06-10-2012, 10:17 AM
I don't go out of my way for Boxing period.

Calypso Jones
06-10-2012, 04:12 PM
This is the biggest load of BS...boxing is a freaking joke. They gave the fight to Bradley...unbefrickenlievable! Outrageous! ESPN scored it 9 rounds to 1 for Pacman...gonna watch the rest of the fight now but sounds like everyone agrees the judges got bought off and the money in the rematch will be bigger (plus Mayweather isn't around to draw in $$$). What a joke of a sport it has become. :angry:

I was just going to post that. WHAT are they thinking?

Calypso Jones
06-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Nah.....I got Ancient Aliens on. :laugh:

I've watched that today. I find it interesting that they use the bible when it suits. And so does satan. yeah all this sounds like it could possibly maybe happen, but that's how satan operates. takes a little truth and then gives you the lie. And the lie sounds so exciting. But still. It's interesting.

MMC
06-10-2012, 05:23 PM
I've watched that today. I find it interesting that they use the bible when it suits. And so does satan. yeah all this sounds like it could possibly maybe happen, but that's how satan operates. takes a little truth and then gives you the lie. And the lie sounds so exciting. But still. It's interesting.

Yes I see....they have a all day marathon on today. They should be releasing a New Episode tonight.