PDA

View Full Version : Mob Attacks Egyptian March Against Sexual Harassment

Conley
06-09-2012, 04:50 PM
A mob of hundreds of men assaulted women holding a march demanding an end to sexual harassment Friday, with the attackers overwhelming the male guardians and groping and molesting several of the female marchers in Cairo's Tahrir Square.

From the ferocity of the assault, some of the victims said it appeared to have been an organized attempt to drive women out of demonstrations and trample on the pro-democracy protest movement.

The attack follows smaller scale assaults on women this week in Tahrir, the epicentre of the uprising that forced Hosni Mubarak to step down last year. Thousands have been gathering in the square this week in protests over a variety of issues -- mainly over worries that presidential elections this month will secure the continued rule by elements of Mubarak's regime backed by the ruling military.

Earlier in the week, an Associated Press reporter witnessed around 200 men assault a woman who eventually fainted before men trying to help could reach her.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/06/08/egypt-marchers-assaulted.html

A strong reminder of how women are treated in many parts of the world and how it is one of the most pressing human rights issues on the planet. People think about racism and homophobia but don't always pay attention to what is happening to women. In places like these, fifty percent of the population are treated as lessers. That's not right.

Peter1469
06-09-2012, 05:17 PM
As I said in another thread, it was a mistake for Obama to support Mubarak's fall. He is Jimmy Carter.

Shoot the Goose
06-09-2012, 07:06 PM
As I said in another thread, it was a mistake for Obama to support Mubarak's fall. He is Jimmy Carter.

I think Obama is far worse. I see Carter as an honorable man who made some bad decisions, and wasn't the best leader.

Obama is flat out dishonest. He hasn't a clue. He was over his head as a shift manager at Baskin Robbins.

wingrider
06-09-2012, 07:34 PM
and he use to beat up little girls in school..

MMC
06-09-2012, 09:08 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/06/08/egypt-marchers-assaulted.html

A strong reminder of how women are treated in many parts of the world and how it is one of the most pressing human rights issues on the planet. People think about racism and homophobia but don't always pay attention to what is happening to women. In places like these, fifty percent of the population are treated as lessers. That's not right.

So it's back to attacking women again. Not surprising. I thought for sure you would be told how such is only Western propaganda.:grin:

roadmaster
06-10-2012, 02:30 PM
I think Obama is far worse. I see Carter as an honorable man who made some bad decisions, and wasn't the best leader.

Obama is flat out dishonest. He hasn't a clue. He was over his head as a shift manager at Baskin Robbins.

I agree and even liked Carter as a man. He made mistakes but I wouldn't compare him to Obama.

MMC
06-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Heya CL.....didn't you have up a piece where some Muslims poured acid on Womens faces? Was that in Egypt?

Conley
06-10-2012, 05:26 PM
There have been many attacks like that on women all over the ME but the article I posted was about the attacks in Afghanistan, hundreds each year I believe.

MMC
06-10-2012, 05:57 PM
There have been many attacks like that on women all over the ME but the article I posted was about the attacks in Afghanistan, hundreds each year I believe.

Ah.....I thought ya had one up on Palestine and or Egypt too. According to Czarkosy.....it was spreading over to Asia.

Trinnity
06-10-2012, 11:07 PM
The evil fostered by Islam is the problem.

Sultan
06-11-2012, 04:41 AM
The evil fostered by Islam is the problem.

really?

Sultan
06-11-2012, 04:50 AM
by the way the title should read

'Mubaraks State Security Thugs terrorize female protesters who are protesting Shafik presidency'