PDA

View Full Version : US, Pakistan Beginning to Look More Like Enemies.....

MMC
06-09-2012, 11:20 PM
ISLAMABAD (AP) — You know a friendship has gone sour when you start making mean jokes about your friend in front of his most bitter nemesis.
They didn't know about our operation. That was the whole idea," Leon Panetta said with a chuckle at a Q&A session after a speech in New Delhi, raising laughs from the audience. The Bin Laden raid by U.S. commandos in a Pakistani town infuriated Islamabad because it had no advance notice, and it was seen by Pakistan's powerful military as a humiliation.

The U.S. and Pakistan are starting to look more like enemies than allies, threatening the U.S. fight against Taliban and al-Qaida militants based in the country and efforts to stabilize neighboring Afghanistan before American troops withdraw.

Long plagued by frustration and mistrust, the relationship has plunged to its lowest level since the 9/11 attacks forced the countries into a tight but awkward embrace over a decade ago. The U.S. has lost its patience with Pakistan and taken the gloves off to make its anger clear.

"Because of the toxic atmosphere on both sides, the two countries cannot even work in a transactional way," said Lodhi, the former Pakistani ambassador.

But Pakistani officials have made clear the route will not reopen without some kind of apology. The U.S. has expressed its regret over the incident but has refused to apologize for fear it could open the Obama administration up to criticism by Republicans upset with Pakistan.

President Barack Obama showed U.S. anger over the supply issue at a NATO summit last month in Chicago by refusing a one-on-one meeting with Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari.

Pakistan is keen on freeing up over a billion dollars in frozen U.S. aid, which will only be released if it reopens the supply line. Also, Pakistan can ill afford to become a true enemy of the U.S. at a time when it is struggling to contain its own Taliban insurgency and right its stuttering economy.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/us-pakistan-beginning-look-more-enemies-170927381.html
Associated Press – 10 hrs ago<<<<< More Here Way more!

Looks Like Panetta went over to India and got the message across to the Pakis. Plus now that we have those other routes open. I see no reason to give Pakistan that billion dollars and guess what. Hey build your own roads.

They want Obama to Apologize. They state Obama won't as he is worried the GOP would use this against him. But at least he refused the one on one with the Paki President.

I especially like the part about the Pakis not being in a position to even get into a War with US. With their own people admitting it, despite them having Nukes.

Peter1469
06-10-2012, 03:26 AM
Pakistan could not wage a war with the US, unless the US invaded Pakistan. They have nothing of use, so I don't see why that would happen.

Also, it is unlikely that they could assemble and arm their nukes without us knowing it, and ending the threat within 30 minutes.

MMC
06-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Pakistan could not wage a war with the US, unless the US invaded Pakistan. They have nothing of use, so I don't see why that would happen.

Also, it is unlikely that they could assemble and arm their nukes without us knowing it, and ending the threat within 30 minutes.

Looks like those against the US will have to look for another to try and engage us. As Pakistan's bark is worse than their bite. Guess they know now that there will be no Apology coming. Now we just need to make sure our Pols stick to their guns and freeze up all that money that was going to be given freely to Pakistan.

What I like also knowing is how our enemies based their observations as to what we can do military wise based off with Iraq and Afghanistan. Imagaine if we decided that we were going to annihilate a Country. No more talking, no more politics, just the sheer intention of wiping that Country Off the face of the planet.

Peter1469
06-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Looks like those against the US will have to look for another to try and engage us. As Pakistan's bark is worse than their bite. Guess they know now that there will be no Apology coming. Now we just need to make sure our Pols stick to their guns and freeze up all that money that was going to be given freely to Pakistan.

What I like also knowing is how our enemies based their observations as to what we can do military wise based off with Iraq and Afghanistan. Imagaine if we decided that we were going to annihilate a Country. No more talking, no more politics, just the sheer intention of wiping that Country Off the face of the planet.

I hope that never needs to be done. But Pakistan appears to be stepping towards the front of the line.

wingrider
06-10-2012, 01:42 PM
lets see

1. Iraq
2 Afghanistan
3 Libya
4 pakistan
5 syria
6?

we just can't let these fools kill each other off by themselves can we?

Peter1469
06-10-2012, 02:12 PM
I don't see why not.

roadmaster
06-10-2012, 02:22 PM
I don't see why not.

Me either. Let them fight it out amongst each other.

Goldie Locks
06-10-2012, 05:10 PM
I didn't know we had any friends...who knew???

MMC
06-10-2012, 05:55 PM
lets see

1. Iraq
2 Afghanistan
3 Libya
4 pakistan
5 syria
6?

we just can't let these fools kill each other off by themselves can we?

Then you can start with the Main Culprits.....Saudi Arabia!

Then Yemen, Bahrian, Kuwait, and the United Arab Emirates.

Trinnity
06-11-2012, 12:16 AM
The ME is the number one source of problems in this world. Islam is the reason.

Sultan
06-11-2012, 04:40 AM

Read House of Bush House of Saud and everything will be explained

MMC
06-11-2012, 05:28 AM

More like Power and Greed hidden behind a religious ethos. :wink: