PDA

View Full Version : Presidant Obama's appeal with the middle class is slipping

pjohns
06-10-2012, 01:29 PM
President Obama is now doing poorly among middle-class voters, although he continues to do well among those voters who help comprise the underclass.

Here is a bit from a recent article on the subject:

"Earlier this week, Gallup released a summary of its polling results for mid-May onward which pegged the presidential race as a 46-46 dead heat. The numbers beneath the numbers showed that Mitt Romney holds roughly a 4-point lead among middle income voters, a 4-point lead among the upper middle income voters ($90,000-$179,999) and an 11-point lead among those with incomes exceeding $180,000. Middle and upper-income America is beginning to wave goodbye to the president. His appeal to middle-class voters is falling flat.

"Among white voters, the numbers are even starker. The president is trailing by 19 points among middle-income whites and is down by 14 points among higher income whites. The world has changed since 2008. Then, Obama tied among voters with incomes above $100,000 and actually won those making over $200,000."

And here is the link: Why Obama's coalition is unraveling | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/06/08/why-obama-coalition-is-unraveling/)

Peter1469
06-10-2012, 01:30 PM
This is simple. Only one president has been reelected when the economy was as bad as it is now- that is FDR. Obama is fighting uphill. He cannot win. He can only hope that the GOP throws the race. Which is entirely possible.

roadmaster
06-10-2012, 02:00 PM
As long as the GOP doesn't mess up, Obama has lost many independent voters. I think this will also play a big part in the election.

wingrider
06-10-2012, 02:01 PM
like I have said before.. as long as Romney doesn't shoot his own foot off he can and will defeat Obama,

wingrider
06-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Romneys message should be simple,,

are you better off than you were 4 years ago?, and keep driving the point home..

roadmaster
06-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Right the left can't even defend Obama except a lame comeback saying "how do we know Romney will be better". They have nothing to go on. The economy has gotten a lot worse under Obama more than most expected. Why people even think of listening to them is beyond comprehensive.

Goldie Locks
06-10-2012, 06:29 PM
President Obama is now doing poorly among middle-class voters, although he continues to do well among those voters who help comprise the underclass.

Here is a bit from a recent article on the subject:

"Earlier this week, Gallup released a summary of its polling results for mid-May onward which pegged the presidential race as a 46-46 dead heat. The numbers beneath the numbers showed that Mitt Romney holds roughly a 4-point lead among middle income voters, a 4-point lead among the upper middle income voters ($90,000-$179,999) and an 11-point lead among those with incomes exceeding $180,000. Middle and upper-income America is beginning to wave goodbye to the president. His appeal to middle-class voters is falling flat.

"Among white voters, the numbers are even starker. The president is trailing by 19 points among middle-income whites and is down by 14 points among higher income whites. The world has changed since 2008. Then, Obama tied among voters with incomes above $100,000 and actually won those making over $200,000."

And here is the link: Why Obama's coalition is unraveling | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/06/08/why-obama-coalition-is-unraveling/)

Believe me it wasn't the black man who put Ubama in office.

Goldie Locks
06-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Romneys message should be simple,,

are you better off than you were 4 years ago?, and keep driving the point home..

Everyone would answer no except Cigar...LOL

Conley
06-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Romney's better off now than he was four years ago. :wink:

MMC
06-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Also Romney needs to re-loop what Obama said about the SCOTUS.....trying to use the Bully Pulpit against SCOTUS being a Constitutional Attorney is a slap in the face of Every American out there.

He also needs to loop all those Red Carpet Affairs.....uhm I mean Elite Dinners erm I mean Fundraisers for 35-40k a pop. :grin:

gamewell45
06-10-2012, 11:39 PM
I'm not too worried; if this was late September, then I'd be concerned (if the figures are really accurate) a lot can happen between now and election time for both sides.

Trinnity
06-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Obama is so destructive. He needs to be fired.
Hurry NOvember.