PDA

View Full Version : US closing 15 bases in Europe

Peter1469
01-08-2015, 05:31 PM
US closing 15 bases in Europe (http://dailycaller.com/2015/01/08/as-russia-looms-us-decides-to-close-15-military-bases-in-europe/)

It is a good way to cut costs. Keeping US forces overseas is a lot more expensive than having them in the US. We should maintain large logistics hubs- one in South Korea (far south), one Europe, one in Kuwait, and maybe one in Okinawa.

Pull the rest back home. We can transport massive numbers of troops inside of 18 hours. That is why we are a super power and no other nation is. And we can always send expeditionary forces as a show of force at will.

The Pentagon announced plans on Thursday to close 15 military bases in Europe in an effort to save around $500 million dollars a year.

Polecat
01-08-2015, 05:35 PM
Good move. Current technology makes bases on foreign soil unnecessary.

sachem
01-08-2015, 05:39 PM
US closing 15 bases in Europe (http://dailycaller.com/2015/01/08/as-russia-looms-us-decides-to-close-15-military-bases-in-europe/)

It is a good way to cut costs. Keeping US forces overseas is a lot more expensive than having them in the US. We should maintain large logistics hubs- one in South Korea (far south), one Europe, one in Kuwait, and maybe one in Okinawa.

Pull the rest back home. We can transport massive numbers of troops inside of 18 hours. That is why we are a super power and no other nation is. And we can always send expeditionary forces as a show of force at will.Seems like a good idea.

Captain Obvious
01-08-2015, 05:41 PM
The money is needed for drone ops.

PolWatch
01-08-2015, 05:41 PM
I can really tell the difference in generations...I still think in terms of needing to have troops stationed in areas that might need them....but the modern military can move in 18 hours....whew!

Peter1469
01-08-2015, 05:44 PM
I can really tell the difference in generations...I still think in terms of needing to have troops stationed in areas that might need them....but the modern military can move in 18 hours....whew!

Some of it. We have global response forces. That is a US infantry battalion on call 24-7. The battalion can be anywhere in the world in 18 hours. One company is faster and like 12 hours- at least for airborne units.

Then we have SoF units pre-positioned in hot spots that can react in 3 hours or less.

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 05:45 PM
Pull the rest back home.

We can transport massive numbers of troops inside of 18 hours.

That is why we are a super power and no other nation is. And we can always send expeditionary forces as a show of force at will.

I see at least two problems with that fantasy.

As the lib dismantle our military we can't be sure of having air superiority that allows us to fly around the world at our leisure.

And a mothballed army does not leap back to life in 18 hours.

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 05:47 PM

Don't believe the bullshit.

You can't move an army in 18 hours.

Peter1469
01-08-2015, 05:48 PM
The word fantasy indicates to me that you are confused about the topic.

Mothball is another indicator.

I see at least two problems with that fantasy.

As the lib dismantle our military we can't be sure of having air superiority that allows us to fly around the world at our leisure.

And a mothballed army does not leap back to life in 18 hours.

Peter1469
01-08-2015, 05:49 PM
Don't believe the bullshit.

You can't move an army in 18 hours.

You are talking out of your ass. Pay attention to the posts that discuss the topic.

Peter1469
01-08-2015, 05:49 PM
Bump for educational purposes.

Some of it. We have global response forces. That is a US infantry battalion on call 24-7. The battalion can be anywhere in the world in 18 hours. One company is faster and like 12 hours- at least for airborne units.

Then we have SoF units pre-positioned in hot spots that can react in 3 hours or less.

Blackrook
01-08-2015, 05:54 PM
I don't believe anything I read in newspapers about a more "modern" military capable of moving around the world in 24 hours. A drawback is a drawback. The European nations are not prepared to defend themselves, so this will mean a weakening of NATO. The Russians will respond accordingly.

Private Pickle
01-08-2015, 05:54 PM
A Battalion isn't very big...

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 05:55 PM
The word fantasy indicates to me that you are confused about the topic.

Mothball is another indicator.

You are going to house the troops thousands of miles away from their equipment and then wait for something to happen?

"Fantasy" is being charitable.

Common Sense
01-08-2015, 06:01 PM
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/drink/popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon.gif

kilgram
01-08-2015, 06:06 PM
I recently read that USA was interested in having a permanent base in Spain...

How I would like to exist a government that say to USA, I don't take off my pants anymore, and you can send your base to the shit (literal translation of a vulgar expression to say fuck off).

And also would be nice to say that in this undiplomatic terms.

Common Sense
01-08-2015, 06:07 PM
I recently read that USA was interested in having a permanent base in Spain... This contradicts that information :-S

There already is an air force base and a Naval base...

donttread
01-08-2015, 06:11 PM

Pull the rest back home. We can transport massive numbers of troops inside of 18 hours. That is why we are a super power and no other nation is. And we can always send expeditionary forces as a show of force at will.

I'll believe it, and celebrate it, when I see all those transports flying troops into Fort Drum. Until then, I think its all about politics and games

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 06:19 PM
I'll believe it, and celebrate it, when I see all those transports flying troops into Fort Drum. Until then, I think its all about politics and games

Its all about an America hating president do does not want my country to be a superpower anymore.

Common Sense
01-08-2015, 06:21 PM
Its all about an America hating president do does not want my country to be a superpower anymore.

LOL...as usual your hatred clouds your judgement.

It seems they will be closing several bases but are basically keeping the same amount of personnel. They are simply closing some of the more redundant useless bases from the cold war and focusing more on trouble spots like Asia. It's a fiscally responsible thing to do.

Why do you hate America so much?

sachem
01-08-2015, 06:22 PM
Its all about an America hating president do does not want my country to be a superpower anymore.So move to America. We'll take you in.

Captain Obvious
01-08-2015, 06:23 PM
So move to America. We'll take you in.

Please, keep the Mexicans flowing in before that happens.

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 06:23 PM
LOL...as usual your hatred clouds your judgement.

It seems they will be closing several bases but are basically keeping the same amount of personnel. They are simply closing some of the more redundant useless bases from the cold war and focusing more on trouble spots like Asia. It's a fiscally responsible thing to do.

This topic is none of your business.

Common Sense
01-08-2015, 06:24 PM
Please, keep the Mexicans flowing in before that happens.

Better food and less flatulent than Mac and Cheese.

Common Sense
01-08-2015, 06:25 PM
This topic is none of your business.

Yes, American bases all over the world are nobody's business but Americas!!!

What was I thinking???

sachem
01-08-2015, 06:25 PM
Please, keep the Mexicans flowing in before that happens.Now, now.

Captain Obvious
01-08-2015, 06:26 PM
Now, now.

Mexicans are awesome. I spent some time in Yuma AZ a few years ago, white people are the clear minority there.

They were fantastic people, I loved being around them and that culture.

donttread
01-08-2015, 06:26 PM

Do you realize how juvenile you sound ?

Common Sense
01-08-2015, 06:27 PM

He doesn't have a clue...

Mac-7
It's a fiscally responsible thing to do.

$500 million is only half of what obumer spends on himself and his fat wife every year for travel, parties and vacations.

Gutting nation defense is not about saving money with this asshole.

Captain Obvious

Obviously no

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 06:28 PM

Not as much as you.

This man is doing real damage to America.

sachem
Mexicans are awesome. I spent some time in Yuma AZ a few years ago, white people are the clear minority there.

They were fantastic people, I loved being around them and that culture.I have no doubt. I thought you didn't want Mac to come here.

Common Sense
$500 million is only half of what obumer spends on himself and his fat wife every year for travel, parties and vacations.

Gutting nation defense is not about saving money with this $#@!.

That's none of your business.

Common Sense
Not as much as you.

I know you are but what am I?

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 06:29 PM
Yes, American bases all over the world are nobody's business but Americas!!!

What was I thinking???

Its not a Canadians business.

Bob
01-08-2015, 06:30 PM
I realize things always change but when I was on active duty in the Army, a Battalion had about 2,000 troops including head quarters, a separate unit.

While you might move them anywhere on earth in 18 hours, so what? You are not talking a division, just a Battalion.

Common Sense
01-08-2015, 06:30 PM
Its not a Canadians business.

How about the Europeans? Can them filthy Euros be in on it?

Private Pickle
01-08-2015, 06:32 PM
How about the Europeans? Can them filthy Euros be in on it?

They're in on it! Most of them love the money it brings in for their economy.

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 06:33 PM
I realize things always change but when I was on active duty in the Army, a Battalion had about 2,000 troops including head quarters, a separate unit.

While you might move them anywhere on earth in 18 hours, so what? You are not talking a division, just a Battalion.

Its a very small force.

Bob
01-08-2015, 06:34 PM
DoD Officials Announce European Infrastructure ConsolidationBy Air Force Tech. Sgt. Jake Richmond
DoD News, Defense Media Activity
WASHINGTON, Jan. 8, 2015 – Defense Department officials today announced plans to consolidate some military infrastructure in Europe to save the U.S. government more than $500 million annually while maintaining capability and commitments.
The plans represent the culmination of the European Infrastructure Consolidation process, a two-year effort that was designed to ensure long-term efficiency and effectiveness of the U.S. presence in Europe, officials said.
The consolidation incorporates the return of 15 sites to their host nations, part of U.S. European Command’s continued effort to remove nonenduring sites from its real-property inventory and allow more resources to be focused on other Eucom mission requirements.
Not Affecting Capability
“In the end, this transformation of our infrastructure will help maximize our military capabilities in Europe and help strengthen our important European partnerships so that we can best support our NATO allies and partners in the region,” Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said. Hagel discussed the decisions yesterday with his counterparts in the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy and Portugal -- the four countries affected most by the actions.
Derek Chollet, assistant secretary of defense for international security affairs told reporters at the Pentagon today that European and trans-Atlantic security is more important than ever.
“We are not affecting our operational capability,” Chollet said. “The EIC adjustments do not diminish our ability to meet our commitments to allies and partners. In fact, these decisions will produce savings that will enable us to maintain a robust force presence in Europe.”

http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?adbid=10153081940740719&adbpl=fb&adbpr=114648515718&cid=social_20150108_38474587&id=123929

Captain Obvious
I have no doubt. I thought you didn't want Mac to come here.

He needs to bring flag pin etiquette to the banana republics anyway.

Common Sense
Its a very small force.

That's what she said...

Can we still say that? Is it stupid now? I think it's stupid now but it just felt appropriate.

Carry on.

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 06:38 PM
DoD Officials Announce European Infrastructure Consolidation

By Air Force Tech. Sgt. Jake Richmond
WASHINGTON, Jan. 8, 2015 – Defense Department officials today announced plans to consolidate some military infrastructure in Europe to save the U.S. government more than $500 million annually while maintaining capability and commitments.
The plans represent the culmination of the European Infrastructure Consolidation process, a two-year effort that was designed to ensure long-term efficiency and effectiveness of the U.S. presence in Europe, officials said.
The consolidation incorporates the return of 15 sites to their host nations, part of U.S. European Command’s continued effort to remove nonenduring sites from its real-property inventory and allow more resources to be focused on other Eucom mission requirements.
Not Affecting Capability
“In the end, this transformation of our infrastructure will help maximize our military capabilities in Europe and help strengthen our important European partnerships so that we can best support our NATO allies and partners in the region,” Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said. Hagel discussed the decisions yesterday with his counterparts in the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy and Portugal -- the four countries affected most by the actions.
Derek Chollet, assistant secretary of defense for international security affairs told reporters at the Pentagon today that European and trans-Atlantic security is more important than ever.
“We are not affecting our operational capability,” Chollet said. “The EIC adjustments do not diminish our ability to meet our commitments to allies and partners. In fact, these decisions will produce savings that will enable us to maintain a robust force presence in Europe.”

http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?adbid=10153081940740719&adbpl=fb&adbpr=114648515718&cid=social_20150108_38474587&id=123929

If the consolidation were hurting US readiness would obama say so?

Bob
01-08-2015, 06:40 PM
Obama is not able to be honest.

Common Sense
01-08-2015, 06:40 PM
If the consolidation were hurting US readiness would obama say so?

Of course he would...he hates America and you personally. He told me so at a our annual Comrades Banquet.

Howey
01-08-2015, 06:43 PM

It's mostly a consolidation. Bush did it a lot stateside.

Even with the basing of the new F-35s and associated manpower, the restructuring will result in a net decrease of about 2,000 U.S. military and civilian personnel

I would like to know which smaller units are being dismantled.

You are talking out of your ass. Pay attention to the posts that discuss the topic.

And you're just now realizing that?

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 06:44 PM
Obama is not able to be honest.

Looking back what I reacted to was the idea that we do not need troops overseas and can just fly our army around the world as needed.

That does not appear to be happening yet and was merely a "for instance" or trial balloon offered from people not in the White House.

Howey
01-08-2015, 06:45 PM
I don't believe anything I read in newspapers about a more "modern" military capable of moving around the world in 24 hours. A drawback is a drawback. The European nations are not prepared to defend themselves, so this will mean a weakening of NATO. The Russians will respond accordingly.

Of course you don't. Check Fox news tonight.

As I already stated, it's not a drawback. It's a consolidation.

And...I think your hero Pootin has other problems right now.

Howey
01-08-2015, 06:46 PM
I recently read that USA was interested in having a permanent base in Spain...

How I would like to exist a government that say to USA, I don't take off my pants anymore, and you can send your base to the $#@! (literal translation of a vulgar expression to say $#@! off).

And also would be nice to say that in this undiplomatic terms.

There's two already. Rota is large.

Howey
01-08-2015, 06:48 PM

Doesn't anyone read the links? Or did the Daily Caller "accidentally" leave out the fact that this is a consolidation?

Howey
01-08-2015, 06:49 PM
Not to mention this was proposed in 2005.

http://www.brac.gov/finalreport.html

Polecat
01-08-2015, 06:50 PM
Boots on the ground are not a strategic 1st choice anymore. Staging soldiers can be done while the bombing campaign is underway if it is called for. This is smart to the bone.

Howey
01-08-2015, 06:50 PM

You hated Bush?

Common Sense
01-08-2015, 06:51 PM
Doesn't anyone read the links? Or did the Daily Caller "accidentally" leave out the fact that this is a consolidation?

Take your facts and gtfo...there's no room for fact in this argument!!!

Howey
01-08-2015, 06:51 PM

Like I said the other day, when his fellow conservatives start laughing at him, you know Mac-7 has a problem.

Howey
01-08-2015, 06:53 PM
DoD Officials Announce European Infrastructure ConsolidationBy Air Force Tech. Sgt. Jake Richmond
Not Affecting Capability

Well. It only took 5 pages for someone to find the truth. Good work, Bob!

Peter1469
01-08-2015, 06:54 PM

We did it in the 80s.

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 07:43 PM

You hated Bush?

consolidation is not a problem if that's all it is.

Although it does make US. Forces an easier target to take out in a first strike.

It was the half assed idea of a mobil army with the same capability of troops stationed locally that bothered me.

Mac-7
01-08-2015, 07:47 PM
Like I said the other day, when his fellow conservatives start laughing at him, you know @Mac-7 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1014) has a problem.

You come from lib la la land where everyone is cloned from the same cell.

The Xl
01-08-2015, 07:54 PM
Good. End them all

The Xl
01-08-2015, 07:56 PM

They were fantastic people, I loved being around them and that culture. that's....raisins?

Cigar
01-08-2015, 07:57 PM
Lindsey Graham Blames President Obama For Terrorist Attack In France“When he left Iraq, he did so on a campaign promise. He’s trying to close Gitmo based on a campaign promise. His campaign promises are getting a lot of people killed. Our intelligence-gathering abilities have been compromised. The only way you can stop these attacks is to find out about them before they occur. We’re reducing our military spending at a time when we need it the most. These policies driven by President Obama of being soft and weak and indecisive are coming home to haunt us.”

He concluded by saying that because of President Obama’s policies, “it’s just a matter of time” before America is attacked at home if an adjustment is not made. Graham expressed similar views on Wednesday when he told CNN’s Dana Bash that journalists are “soft targets” in the wake of the Charlie Hebdo terrorist attack.

read more: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/lindsey-graham-obamas-policies-getting-a-lot-of-people-killed/
https://www.facebook.com/mediaite/posts/10150497667759963

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i82/McBuff/Lindsey.jpg

Captain Obvious
01-08-2015, 07:58 PM
that's....raisins?

wot...

The Xl
01-08-2015, 08:00 PM
wot...
Lulz, I'm just fuckin around

texan
01-09-2015, 12:07 AM
Of course we are the Democrats are in charge and we are so much safer! Especially with the rush to close Gitmo now, tried to move these idiots to the state prisons and lost so he will just let them go. When one shows up on a big bombing run here he will be hailed as a complete failure.

Theory man! He won't get killed but your family might so he can make a political point.

protectionist
01-09-2015, 12:30 AM
This starts me thinking. How safe are the nukes in England and France ? (with all the appeasement of Muslims they engage in)

Mac-7
01-09-2015, 12:38 AM
This starts me thinking. How safe are the nukes in England and France ? (with all the appeasement of Muslims they engage in)

Guarded by American with real guns probably safer than the unarmed Brit and french cops being led to the slaughter by gun control fanatics.

Adelaide
01-09-2015, 08:34 AM
Ideally, the US wouldn't need even half the bases they currently have but international players aren't willing to step up to the plate where the US would be absent. It's unfortunate, but the US took on the role of world police and now I don't think they'll be able to shed that short of completely losing their status as a super power.

Peter1469
01-09-2015, 09:10 AM
Ideally, the US wouldn't need even half the bases they currently have but international players aren't willing to step up to the plate where the US would be absent. It's unfortunate, but the US took on the role of world police and now I don't think they'll be able to shed that short of completely losing their status as a super power.

It was necessary during the Cold War. Now it is not. We should pull back and if others don't carry they weight they can suffer for it.

Mac-7
01-09-2015, 09:20 AM
It was necessary during the Cold War. Now it is not. We should pull back and if others don't carry they weight they can suffer for it.

Meaning align themselves with our enemies instead of us.

Peter1469
01-09-2015, 09:24 AM
Meaning align themselves with our enemies instead of us.

That is a silly comment.

Mac-7
01-09-2015, 09:31 AM
That is a silly comment.

You'd be surprised how easily the spineless Euros will sell out to the highest bidder or a hostile power who bully's them.

Peter1469
01-09-2015, 09:35 AM
You'd be surprised how easily the spineless Euros will sell out to the highest bidder or a hostile power who bully's them.

So? Why do you want to manage them? The Cold War is over. They are not a threat. They ran out of cruise missiles within 2 weeks of fighting in the Libyan campaign.

Mac-7
01-09-2015, 09:41 AM
So? Why do you want to manage them? The Cold War is over. They are not a threat. They ran out of cruise missiles within 2 weeks of fighting in the Libyan campaign.

Two world wars suggest that the euros are not the suave all-knowing superior beings that some Americans think they are.

a little managing is money well spent.

Adelaide
01-09-2015, 09:54 AM

Except that the US has put themselves in a position where they will hurt, too.

Peter1469
01-09-2015, 10:27 AM
Except that the US has put themselves in a position where they will hurt, too.

Right. That is not our problem. Europe decided to de- militarize and shift money into social welfare programs. That is NOPD (not out problem dude). If they don't want to defend themselves (or pay us to do it) f'em.

Peter1469
01-09-2015, 10:28 AM
Two world wars suggest that the euros are not the suave all-knowing superior beings that some Americans think they are.

a little managing is money well spent.

What does that have to do with today and US vital national security interests?

Mac-7
01-09-2015, 10:32 AM
What does that have to do with today and US vital national security interests?

The euros are spineless but I would still rather keep them in our corner if possible.

Peter1469
01-09-2015, 10:34 AM
The euros are spineless but I would still rather keep them in our corner if possible.

Oh sure. But the question is what to do about it, and how much it will cost. I want a Neocon wallet (magical wallet of ever-cash).

Mac-7
01-09-2015, 10:39 AM
Oh sure. But the question is what to do about it, and how much it will cost. I want a Neocon wallet (magical wallet of ever-cash).

So we are back to name calling so soon?

You don't like being called an isolationist but throw the neocon term around pretty freely.

Peter1469
01-09-2015, 10:59 AM

You don't like being called an isolationist but throw the neocon term around pretty freely.

There was no name calling. Thin skin doesn't get a different set of rules to hug up to.

Mac-7
01-09-2015, 11:03 AM
There was no name calling. Thin skin doesn't get a different set of rules to hug up to.

Ok I've got it.

we've never exchanged those terms with each other, have we?

donttread
01-09-2015, 12:21 PM
Not as much as you.

True. But he's off setting some of it by bringing the troops home where they belong

Howey
01-09-2015, 12:25 PM

Since when is "neocon" a dirty word?

Lighten up, Shirley!

Captain Obvious
01-09-2015, 12:35 PM

Lighten up, Shirley!

When he doesn't want to admit that it's an accurate description of him.

Mac-7
01-09-2015, 12:42 PM

Lighten up, Shirley!

It is when people who hate neocons use it.

donttread
01-09-2015, 05:31 PM
It is when people who hate neocons use it.

Should we make special rules for neocons? Like quarterbacks in the NFL, who in my opinion don't even count as football players anymore . If can't even use a term like neocon we should be writing this in crayon.

Peter1469
01-09-2015, 07:05 PM
Neocons coined the phrase themselves. They are liberals who got pissed off at the democrats in the Vietnam era when the Dems abandoned national security as an issue. If it wasn't for that, they would still be loyal dems. :smiley:

Ransom
01-11-2015, 02:33 PM
Isolationism also a proven wrong ideal and self described and yet...that name call will get you in trouble. The two sets of rules continues, why I like it here.

Peter1469
01-11-2015, 02:36 PM
Isolationists are outliers. You shouldn't fixate on them

Ransom
01-11-2015, 02:37 PM
Should we make special rules for neocons? Like quarterbacks in the NFL, who in my opinion don't even count as football players anymore . If can't even use a term like neocon we should be writing this in crayon.

But, much like history and geopolitics, neoconservatism is an unknown on this forum, most posts using it a slight of hand. It's also used as a distraction, many members use phrases to deflect attention from their own erred and proven wrong agendas.

waltky
05-12-2016, 04:53 AM
Pentagon plan to shut bases stopped in the Senate...
:cool2:
Senate Panel Rejects Pentagon's Call to Shut Military Bases
May 11, 2016 | WASHINGTON -- A GOP-led Senate panel is all but shutting the door on the possibility of a new round of military base closings.

The Armed Services readiness subcommittee approved legislation Tuesday denying the Defense Department's request to close excess bases and use the accrued cost savings to strengthen the military.

The subcommittee's chairwoman, Republican Senator Kelly Ayotte of New Hampshire, says there is no room in the defense budget for the up-front costs required to begin closing bases.

The Pentagon says the Army and Air Force will have vastly more space for training and basing troops than they need, and trimming the surplus would save money that could be applied to strengthening the military. A House panel also rejected base closings in its version of the defense bill.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/05/11/senate-panel-rejects-pentagon-call-shut-military-bases.html

Mac-7
05-12-2016, 05:06 AM

In this case you are correct.

having troops on the ground makes our commitment to NATO or Japan/Korea real instead of virtual.

It reassures our allies rather than leaving them with nothing except a question mark.

MMC
05-12-2016, 07:56 AM
Pentagon plan to shut bases stopped in the Senate...
:cool2:
Senate Panel Rejects Pentagon's Call to Shut Military Bases
May 11, 2016 | WASHINGTON -- A GOP-led Senate panel is all but shutting the door on the possibility of a new round of military base closings.

Damn.....we should close most of those bases in Europe. We don't need 15 of them there.

Beevee
05-12-2016, 08:00 AM

Wow! Mildenhall to close.

UK residents will need schooling on the use of Sterling as a currency.

Cigar
05-12-2016, 08:11 AM

Also it's The Year 2016, and with all those Trillions and Trillions of Dollars the Tax Payers spent for those Decades and Decades for Hot New Toys and Technology, you no longer need to be in close proximity and have numerous human assets to do the manual labor over seas.

Welcome to Progress in Military Might :grin:

Now it it ok to Spend some of those Trillions on Americans and the needs for Americans, you know those people who keep dying for Wars and Liberty for people who wouldn't piss on Americans if they were on fire, but can't Eat, or have a home or have a adequate national infrastructure.

Mac-7
05-12-2016, 08:13 AM
Also it's The Year 2016, and with all those Trillions and Trillions of Dollars the Tax Payers spent for those Decades and Decades for Hot New Toys and Technology, you no longer need to be in close proximity and have numerous human assets to do the manual labor over seas.

Now it it ok to Spend some of those Trillions on Americans and the needs for Americans, you know those people who keep dying for Wars and Liberty for people who wouldn't piss on Americans if they were on fire, but can't Eat, or have a home or have a adequate national infrastructure.

80 to 85% of the money the federal government spends is for butter not guns.

Kurmugeon
05-12-2016, 08:37 AM
We lack the Political-Will, focus, and unity, to use any of our military assets, so why maintain them?

But, make no mistake, someone, probably China and the Islamic Caliphate, will step into the vacuum.

The EU is so screwed!

-

Peter1469
05-12-2016, 09:42 AM

Nobody, or I should say no serious person, wants to end safety nets.

What we want to do is end safety hammocks. :wink:

Cigar
05-12-2016, 09:47 AM

Then do it, show me when The GOP will End Hand-Outs to the Rich Resting in Hammocks an producing nothing.

Mac-7
05-12-2016, 09:52 AM

Define good safety nets as opposed to bad safety hammocks

Mac-7
05-12-2016, 09:53 AM
Then do it, show me when The GOP will End Hand-Outs to the Rich Resting in Hammocks an producing nothing.

Handouts such as?

Cigar
05-12-2016, 09:55 AM
Handouts such as?

If I have to Pay Takes, so should Big Business who is using the resources I pay for.

Peter1469
05-12-2016, 10:18 AM

Ask the GOP.

I don't have any influence over them. I don't want to. That are just about as corrupt as the dems. A curse on both of them.

Mac-7
05-12-2016, 11:00 AM
If I have to Pay Takes, so should Big Business who is using the resources I pay for.

conservatives do not believe in taxing corporations because it is just an indirect tax on the consumers who by the products or services that corporations sell.

What I would agree with is that if there must be a corporate tax there should be one flat rate that all corporations pay and no special tax breaks for some corporations.

donttread
05-13-2016, 07:24 AM
Isolationism also a proven wrong ideal and self described and yet...that name call will get you in trouble. The two sets of rules continues, why I like it here.

Gee Ransom this thread is a nearly a year and a half old. Your interventionism has turned the ME into even worse mess in that time. And how many of these based were really closed?

MisterVeritis
05-13-2016, 07:26 AM

Don't believe everything you read.

MisterVeritis
05-13-2016, 07:27 AM

I occasionally look through the budget. Which line item covers the handouts to the rich resting in hammocks?