PDA

View Full Version : Cars avoid crashes by talking to each other

roadmaster
06-10-2012, 01:57 PM
http://www.wral.com/news/story/11184541

The display at a recent transportation conference was a peek into the future of automotive safety: cars that to talk to each other and warn drivers of impending collisions. Later this summer, the government is launching a yearlong, real-world test involving nearly 3,000 cars, trucks and buses using volunteer drivers in Ann Arbor, Mich.

Interesting.

MMC
06-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Well they got them to park for us automatically now. Sometimes to much advancement makes us lazy, IMO.

roadmaster
06-10-2012, 08:03 PM
With kids texting today. Not long ago driving ,a young person on my side of the road not even looking. I am not for people outlawing texting but people should act responsible.

MMC
06-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Soon we will just be able to get in and tell the car where to go and it will do all the driving.....it will be the greatest thing and that new sensation and all will rave about it so.

Until they learn then the government can control how fast one goes and when to get people to places on time.

Beevee
06-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Soon we will just be able to get in and tell the car where to go and it will do all the driving.....it will be the greatest thing and that new sensation and all will rave about it so.

Until they learn then the government can control how fast one goes and when to get people to places on time.

What with US science the way it is, you will also be able to tell your car where to go without you. So, it can take a vacation and you can stay at home and nag the wife.

roadmaster
06-11-2012, 09:28 PM
What with US science the way it is, you will also be able to tell your car where to go without you. So, it can take a vacation and you can stay at home and nag the wife.

cars don't have feelings. why go on a vacation if it doesn't the ones whom own it, the Americans?

Beevee
06-11-2012, 09:55 PM
cars don't have feelings. why go on a vacation if it doesn't the ones whom own it, the Americans?

If I understood your statement, I might attempt to respond to it.