PDA

View Full Version : While We're on the subject of Terrorist

Cigar
01-08-2015, 11:36 PM
Four years ago today, @GabbyGiffords was shot.. here she is today in Phoenix AZ with Mark and POTUS
https://obamadiary.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/b62oni4ccaapz2c.jpg

Obama meets with former Rep. Gabby Giffords on 4th anniversary of mass shooting

TUCSON, Ariz. - Former Arizona Rep. Gabby Giffords spent part of the fourth year anniversary of the mass shooting that left her gravely wounded meeting with President Barack Obama as her city paused to remember the tragedy that left six dead and 13 injured.

Nineteen solemn bells rang Thursday morning to honor the victims of a shooting in Tucson at a political event hosted by Giffords. http://www.democraticunderground.com/emoticons/candle.gifhttp://www.democraticunderground.com/emoticons/candle.gif

Giffords did not attend the event but met with Obama during his visit to Phoenix.

"It was four years ago today that Gabby and some other wonderful Arizonans were gunned down outside a supermarket in Tucson. It's a tough day for a lot of folks down there, we keep them in (our) thoughts and prayers," Obama said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-rep-gabby-giffords-marks-4th-anniversary-of-mass-shooting/

hanger4
01-08-2015, 11:59 PM
That was terrorism ??

PolWatch
01-09-2015, 12:00 AM
For those who want to blame the mayor of NYC for the shooting of 2 cops...where are your voices to blame Palin & her PAC's Take Aim campaign for this shooting?

protectionist
01-09-2015, 12:04 AM
For those who want to blame the mayor of NYC for the shooting of 2 cops...where are your voices to blame Palin & her PAC's Take Aim campaign for this shooting?

Not that I necessarily doubt you, but could you present some info about that ?

hanger4
01-09-2015, 12:08 AM

That was BS by left wing media then and it BS now.

Redrose
01-09-2015, 12:10 AM

There is a big difference between the two. Palin's "map" was a politcal strategy tool, to concentrate on key areas. Her staff and the staff of many other politicians, inluding Democrats, and business people use crosshairs and bullseyes as a powerpoint tool, never to be taken literally.

DeBlasio on the other hand, was very specific with his words. He directly identified the NYPD as the problem in these shootings and deaths, going on further to say the police need to change, placing no blame on the offenders. Then announcing before the world what he told his biracial son, to be cautious of the cops because of his skin color. The mayor put a real bullseye on the NYPD, and two were killed and three assaulted within days.

protectionist
01-09-2015, 12:19 AM
There is a big difference between the two. Palin's "map" was a politcal strategy tool, to concentrate on key areas. Her staff and the staff of many other politicians, inluding Democrats, and business people use crosshairs and bullseyes as a powerpoint tool, never to be taken literally.

DeBlasio on the other hand, was very specific with his words. He directly identified the NYPD as the problem in these shootings and deaths, going on further to say the police need to change, placing no blame on the offenders. Then announcing before the world what he told his biracial son, to be cautious of the cops because of his skin color. The mayor put a real bullseye on the NYPD, and two were killed and three assaulted within days.

He also made the NYPD the bad guys, for months, in his campaign.

Mac-7
01-09-2015, 12:21 AM

Because the shooter was a lib and because Palin never called the congresswoman a murder the way lib radicals demonized cops.

Howey
01-09-2015, 02:36 AM

Tell that to her crazed followers.

Redrose
01-09-2015, 03:18 AM
Tell that to her crazed followers.

Nothing in that post is inaccurate. What makes you think her followers are crazed?

GrassrootsConservative
01-09-2015, 03:20 AM
Nothing in that post is inaccurate. What makes you think her followers are crazed?

One person. Compared to how many crazed blacks?

PolWatch
01-09-2015, 03:52 AM
The mayor advised his son on how to behave with the police. His advice duplicates advice that has been offered here by people who suggested how people should behave when stopped. The mayor did not send out a request for anyone to take aim on NYC cops. The campaign reached many more people than the mayor's statement. If words have enough power to drive a crazy person to kill, one incident is the same as the other. I don't think either statement is the cause of the deaths.

People are trying to find a reason for the unreasonable. This isn't the reason. If there is a reason, look at the Baltimore cops who did not apprehend a violent man who left a women for dead, posted his intent on social media and went to NYC.

The police union representatives in NYC are using the death of 2 cops for contract negotiations. He has turned the funerals into demonstrations for the union instead of respect for the dead. Media manipulation...just like the hysteria over gun control when there is a shooting anywhere.

Redrose
01-09-2015, 05:06 AM
He didn't just advise his son to be respectful with cops, he specifically said he told him to be careful around cops and in any dealings with police because of his skin color. That is telling the boy being a person of color is dangerous around police. That is not right, and good or bad, it should have remained a private family conversation, not advertised for all the world to hear and hurt the morale of his department. The shooter from Maryland heard it, and acted as a vigilante killing two cops.

zelmo1234
01-09-2015, 05:38 AM
That was terrorism ??

It is only terrorism if a Democrat is killed or injured, and no Muslims are involved.

otherwise it is work place violence. You have to get the play book :)

Peter1469
01-09-2015, 06:39 AM
It is retarded to call it terrorism. And the shooter was a fan of Marx.

donttread
01-09-2015, 06:44 AM
Four years ago today, @GabbyGiffords was shot.. here she is today in Phoenix AZ with Mark and POTUS

https://obamadiary.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/b62oni4ccaapz2c.jpg

Obama meets with former Rep. Gabby Giffords on 4th anniversary of mass shooting

TUCSON, Ariz. - Former Arizona Rep. Gabby Giffords spent part of the fourth year anniversary of the mass shooting that left her gravely wounded meeting with President Barack Obama as her city paused to remember the tragedy that left six dead and 13 injured.

Nineteen solemn bells rang Thursday morning to honor the victims of a shooting in Tucson at a political event hosted by Giffords. http://www.democraticunderground.com/emoticons/candle.gifhttp://www.democraticunderground.com/emoticons/candle.gif

Giffords did not attend the event but met with Obama during his visit to Phoenix.

"It was four years ago today that Gabby and some other wonderful Arizonans were gunned down outside a supermarket in Tucson. It's a tough day for a lot of folks down there, we keep them in (our) thoughts and prayers," Obama said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-rep-gabby-giffords-marks-4th-anniversary-of-mass-shooting/

AKA Thinly veiled photo op for control freakism

exotix
01-09-2015, 08:16 AM
'These weren't Bullseyes ... those were surveyors symbols'

~ Palin within minutes of the Tucson massacre and after removing her Dems Target List from her website

http://i57.tinypic.com/22x5vt.png

hanger4
01-09-2015, 09:14 AM

~ Palin within minutes of the Tucson massacre and after removing her Dems Target List from her website

There is no reason, just partisan BS, to believe that Loughner saw Gabrielle Giffords on Sarah Palin's PAC target list and dicided to shoot her. She was Jewish; he, according to friends, had met Giffords in 2007 and disliked her. The map had bullseyes on states, not people.

Selective outrage was partisan BS then and is partisan BS now.

exotix
01-09-2015, 09:18 AM
There is no reason, just partisan BS, to believe that Loughner saw Gabrielle Giffords on Sarah Palin's PAC target list and dicided to shoot her.

She was Jewish;

he, according to friends, had met Giffords in 2007 and disliked her. The map had bullseyes on states, not people.

Post Palin *Blood Libel* rant in a sick attempt to extricate herself from the Tucson Massacre here.

Captain Obvious
01-09-2015, 09:20 AM
There is no reason, just partisan BS, to believe that Loughner saw Gabrielle Giffords on Sarah Palin's PAC target list and dicided to shoot her. She was Jewish; he, according to friends, had met Giffords in 2007 and disliked her. The map had bullseyes on states, not people.

Those maps look like they were created on the same platform.

You don't think there's a chance that... someone just made that shit up, now do you?

hanger4
01-09-2015, 09:31 AM
Those maps look like they were created on the same platform.

You don't think there's a chance that... someone just made that $#@! up, now do you?

You mean "made that $#@! up" like it's Palin's fault G Giffords was shot ??

Professor Peabody
01-09-2015, 09:31 AM

Woefully mis informed as usual.

Arizona Suspect’s Recent Acts Offer Hints of Alienation

By ERIC LIPTON, CHARLIE SAVAGE and SCOTT SHANE
Published: January 8, 2011

“As I knew him he was left wing, quite liberal. & oddly obsessed with the 2012 prophecy,” the former classmate, Caitie Parker, wrote in a series of Twitter feeds Saturday. “I haven’t seen him since ’07 though. He became very reclusive.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/09/us/politics/09shooter.html?pagewanted=all&_r=1&

Safety
01-09-2015, 09:44 AM
So it's ok to demonize blacks over the actions of some, but to tell your son how to act around police due to actions of some is off limits.....

Peter1469
01-09-2015, 10:32 AM
Right. The OP is just hard left bed wetting. And a talking point.

It is completely meaningless.

Bo-4
01-09-2015, 10:35 AM
Gabby looks fantastic! Thanks...

Private Pickle
01-09-2015, 10:36 AM

Why is everything a comparison?

Safety
01-09-2015, 10:37 AM
Why is everything a comparison?

Because it screams of hypocrisy to shit the bed over one thing but defend the actions when the other "team" does it.

Private Pickle
01-09-2015, 10:39 AM
Because it screams of hypocrisy to shit the bed over one thing but defend the actions when the other "team" does it.

Sure but when the comparison is so completely shallow it actually detracts from the "teams" credibility.

Safety
01-09-2015, 10:42 AM
Sure but when the comparison is so completely shallow it actually detracts from the "teams" credibility.

That would be a pretty subjective observation.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Credibility is also determined by credible sources.

Cigar
01-09-2015, 10:45 AM
Because the shooter was a lib and because Palin never called the congresswoman a murder the way lib radicals demonized cops.

How did you get the Shooters Voting Record?

Can you please post that information so that we can verify your claim?

Cigar
01-09-2015, 10:45 AM
Gabby looks fantastic! Thanks...

She's Really Lucky and Blessed

Private Pickle
01-09-2015, 10:47 AM
That would be a pretty subjective observation.

But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Credibility is also determined by credible sources.

Not subjective at all in this case. The two have nothing to do with each other. In addition putting up a picture of political targets and comparing that with "he could have been my son" is simply disingenuous.

Safety
01-09-2015, 10:56 AM
Not subjective at all in this case. The two have nothing to do with each other. In addition putting up a picture of political targets and comparing that with "he could have been my son" is simply disingenuous.

The fact that you refuse to notice how subjective it is to say "Deblasio is responsible for a guy to drive to NY to shoot two cops" but "targets over democratic locations and a guy shooting a democratic location" have nothing to do with each other is disingenuous.

Private Pickle
01-09-2015, 10:59 AM
The fact that you refuse to notice how subjective it is to say "Deblasio is responsible for a guy to drive to NY to shoot two cops" but "targets over democratic locations and a guy shooting a democratic location" have nothing to do with each other is disingenuous.

They don't. Especially since the guy shooting was a lefty. But regardless, you just killed your own argument. If you yourself don't believe Deblasio was responsible how could you make the comparison to Palin?

Safety
01-09-2015, 11:05 AM
They don't. Especially since the guy shooting was a lefty. But regardless, you just killed your own argument. If you yourself don't believe Deblasio was responsible how could you make the comparison to Palin?

What is my argument that I killed pickle? I never said Palin was responsible for what the guy did to Gabby, just like I never said Deblasio was responsible for the cops being shot. What I did say is you can't advocate for one and dismiss the other.

Private Pickle
01-09-2015, 11:10 AM
What is my argument that I killed pickle? I never said Palin was responsible for what the guy did to Gabby, just like I never said Deblasio was responsible for the cops being shot. What I did say is you can't advocate for one and dismiss the other.

So you didn't say Palin was responsible for what the guy did but you are advocating using the argument against people who did it to Deblasio?

Huh?

Safety
01-09-2015, 11:16 AM
So you didn't say Palin was responsible for what the guy did but you are advocating using the argument against people who did it to Deblasio?

Huh?

Yea, it's pretty elementary. When Gifford got shot there were those who said it was Palin's fault it happened. I said you have no control over what deranged individuals do. The same in this case with Deblasio.

"The argument against people who did it to Deblasio" is a valid argument seeing how they say it's Deblasios fault but the same people say it isn't Palin's fault.

This is about all I'm going to spend talking about this.

Private Pickle
01-09-2015, 11:18 AM
Yea, it's pretty elementary. When Gifford got shot there were those who said it was Palin's fault it happened. I said you have no control over what deranged individuals do. The same in this case with Deblasio.

"The argument against people who did it to Deblasio" is a valid argument seeing how they say it's Deblasios fault but he same people say it isn't Palin's fault.

This is about all I'm going to spend talking about this.

Good call.

PolWatch
01-09-2015, 11:20 AM
If someone would read my complete post they would see where I said that the mayor and Palin were not responsible for the actions of crazy people. My point was trying to make people see that the desire to blame their actions on something/someone were the same....regarding of right/left/alien life form. Really, it's easy to understand.