PDA

View Full Version : Strip District restaurant Bar Marco makes change in tip policy Read more: http://tri

Captain Obvious
01-09-2015, 12:02 PM
What's not reported is that most of these restaurant owners in Pittsburgh are racketeers and high-end drug brokers.

http://triblive.com/aande/diningout/7502543-74/says-bar-marco#axzz3OLQ09vkr

The team at the Strip District eatery plans to eliminate tipping and, instead, pay full-time employees a salary along with health care and shares beginning no later than April.

“It makes our full-time team have consistent control of their finances, gives them a consistent schedule, allows them to hire and fire their assistants and gives them a share in the upside of the business, as well,” says co-owner Bobby Fry.

Full-time Bar Marco servers and bartenders are currently paid $5 an hour in addition to their tips, which is higher than the $2.83 state-required minimum wage for tipped employees.

Peter1469
01-09-2015, 12:55 PM
I am not sure that is a good model for the restaurant / bar industry.

But that is the way they do it in Europe.

Captain Obvious
01-09-2015, 12:57 PM
I am not sure that is a good model for the restaurant / bar industry.

But that is the way they do it in Europe.

I tip - service stuff which for me is bar/restaurants, my barber and the rare taxi ride but we should do away with all of that. It's too fucking complicated and serves no real purpose.

Captain Obvious
01-09-2015, 12:58 PM
And, I don't tip when it's not appropriate - like counter service. Some places put tip jars on the counter. Like George Costanza I sometimes remind them that counter service is not a tippable service because it's not personalized.

Peter1469
01-09-2015, 03:31 PM
I don't tip at the counter unless I am off loading annoying change.

Blackrook
01-09-2015, 10:46 PM
I went to a hotel where they didn't allow guests to tip room service and guess what, the service was lousy.

Peter1469
01-09-2015, 11:28 PM
I went to a hotel where they didn't allow guests to tip room service and guess what, the service was lousy.

That is not the typical experience outside of the motel scene.