PDA

View Full Version : Leaker-in-Chief

Smartmouthwoman
06-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Interesting article in the Weekly Standard. Obviously, somebody is lying and it's either the NYT or Obama's WH. Putting Holder in charge of the investigation is like assigning the fox to the henhouse. Can't wait to see how this one comes out.

Leaker-in-Chief
Jun 11, 2012

The Justice Department has launched an investigation into the White House’s handling of classified information. The spur seems to have been the June 1 New York Times article by David Sanger, sourced to current and former U.S. officials, revealing sensitive details about the Stuxnet and Flame computer worms and other parts of the Obama administration’s cyber campaign to disrupt and spy on Iran’s nuclear weapons program. By the way, none of the officials, according to Sanger, “would allow their names to be used because the effort remains highly classified, and parts of it continue to this day.”

Last week, legislators on both sides of the aisle deplored the administration’s inability, or unwillingness, to keep national security secrets. Leaders of the Senate and House intelligence committees—Senators Saxby Chambliss and Dianne Feinstein and Representatives Mike Rogers and C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger—released a statement noting, “We have become increasingly concerned at the continued leaks regarding sensitive intelligence programs and activities, including specific details of sources and methods.”

In his June 8 press conference Obama tried to push back against the gathering storm. “The notion that my White House would purposely release classified national security information is offensive,” he said. “It’s wrong.”

The president and the New York Times can’t both be right. If the president is correct, then the paper of record, which has so far seemed to be a willing receptacle for the administration’s leaks, must be printing fabrications. Last month the same newspaper detailed how the president directs U.S. drone attacks in Pakistan and Yemen based on a classified “kill list” of terror suspects, a story based on information from “three dozen” of the president’s “current and former advisers.” So the latest Times article on Iran, revealing what the administration has now tacitly acknowledged as a joint U.S.-Israeli program, looks to be merely the most recent installment in a campaign of intentional leaks damaging to our national security.

more (http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/leaker-chief_646839.html)

MMC
06-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Attorney General Eric Holder has appointed two U.S. attorneys to pursue criminal investigations into possible leaks in classified information, according to the Associated Press. (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/08/holder-names-2-prosecutors-to-lead-leak-investigation/?test=latestnews) There is already an FBI investigation, but the U.S. attorneys will conduct their own outside investigations. As someone who studies politics, I see this as a disturbing move by Holder. Ronald Machen is the U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia and Rod Rosenstein is the U.S. attorney for the District of Maryland. While Holder mentioned the prosecutors would have full power to bring charges against anyone found to have leaked information, he never implicitly stated the prosecutors would work concurrently with the FBI. We should be concerned about the prosecutors not sharing information with the bureau.

The investigation then becomes a political game of who can find the information first and lead to a prosecution. This type of environment is not healthy as it could lead to prosecutors not spending the time needed to build a solid case.

At the same time, Holder's investigators minimize the importance of the FBI and tradition. While concurrent investigations happen all the time in government, Congress will usually create a probe to work alongside the White House instead of the administration starting its own investigation outside of the FBI.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/eric-holder-acting-suspicious-over-leak-probe-161800816.html

:wink:

Trinnity
06-11-2012, 11:54 AM
The whole admin is a disgrace. I wonder what ValJar is telling Obama to do now.

Smartmouthwoman
06-11-2012, 12:26 PM

They're all as thick as thieves. Gotta wonder if it's even possible to get to the bottom of anything in DC these day... everybody's busily covering each other's backs.

Cigar
06-11-2012, 12:46 PM

Two (2) words ... Valerie Plame

ready ... set ... start your denials

MMC
06-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Two (2) words ... Valerie Plame

ready ... set ... start your denials

Three (3) Words.....Doesn't Even Compare!

Uhm.....Did you note the names of the Democrats that have been speaking out about this. Care to deny that the left House and Senate Intel also wants an investigation? Hope you saw the part about the FBI already investigating.

Yeah....looks like the left can't say it's the just the GOP. Well.....they can say it, still won't change the truth and facts. :wink:

Cigar
06-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Three (3) Words.....Doesn't Even Compare!

Uhm.....Did you note the names of the Democrats that have been speaking out about this. Care to deny that the left House and Senate Intel also wants an investigation? Hope you saw the part about the FBI already investigating.

Yeah....looks like the left can't say it's the just the GOP. Well.....they can say it, still won't change the truth and facts. :wink:

If the President of The United States had ANY PART of these Leaks, then he should go to JAIL.

Now if he didn't, he should order an investigation to find out who did.

Period ...

Trinnity
06-11-2012, 01:13 PM
Is that the best you can do? That's lame.
Fast and furious.
Obamacare
Transparency
Porkulus
QE I and II
Solyndra
5 trillion in new debt in 3 years.

Want more? Not enough?

Here's the latest screw ups:

Why Obama’s Flip Flop On Gay Marriage Will Hurt His Re-Election (http://www.redstate.com/kevinaw2/2012/05/15/why-obamas-flip-flop-on-gay-marriage-will-hurt-his-re-election/)

An Obama Gaffe That Actually Matters: ‘The Private Sector Is Doing Fine’ (With Obama Response)
(http://www.mediaite.com/tv/an-obama-gaffe-that-actually-matters-the-private-sector-is-doing-fine-with-obama-response/)
Oh, and this:

Leaker-in-Chief
(http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/leaker-chief_646839.html)
Obama cannot run on his record, so he's resorted to having sensitive security info leaked; info that puts lives at risk, all so he can brag about his record on terrorism. He can't even rightfully take credit for that. It's the generals who strategize the war. He has NO military experience. And it's the soldiers, including Seal Team Six who do the fighting and dying.

His view of their effort is "you do the work and I'll take the credit". He's a narcissistic, petty braggart.

I get that deflecting is one of your regular tactics. Well, it doesn't work. It's only a lame partisan ploy.
This admin is corrupt to the gills.
The topic is "Leaker in Chief. Can you stay on topic?

Cigar
06-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Is that the best you can do? That's lame.
Fast and furious.
Obamacare
Transparency
Porkulus
QE I and II
Solyndra
5 trillion in new debt in 3 years.

Want more? Not enough?

Here's the latest screw ups:

Why Obama’s Flip Flop On Gay Marriage Will Hurt His Re-Election (http://www.redstate.com/kevinaw2/2012/05/15/why-obamas-flip-flop-on-gay-marriage-will-hurt-his-re-election/)

An Obama Gaffe That Actually Matters: ‘The Private Sector Is Doing Fine’ (With Obama Response)
(http://www.mediaite.com/tv/an-obama-gaffe-that-actually-matters-the-private-sector-is-doing-fine-with-obama-response/)
Oh, and this:

Leaker-in-Chief
(http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/leaker-chief_646839.html)
Obama cannot run on his record, so he's resorted to having sensitive security info leaked; info that puts lives at risk, all so he can brag about his record on terrorism. He can't even rightfully take credit for that. It's the generals who strategize the war. He has NO military experience. And it's the soldiers, including Seal Team Six who do the fighting and dying.

His view of their effort is "you do the work and I'll take the credit". He's a narcissistic, petty braggart.

I get that deflecting is one of your regular tactics. Well, it doesn't work. It's only a lame partisan ploy.
This admin is corrupt to the gills.
The topic is "Leaker in Chief. Can you stay on topic?

Does that mean you're Voting for Mittens :)

Trinnity
06-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Another deflection? You're funny.

Cigar
06-11-2012, 02:20 PM
Another deflection? You're funny.

No deflection ... I'll go with the Cool Black Guy. :)

coolwalker
06-11-2012, 03:07 PM
What better way to destroy America than by giving away our secrets while tanking the economy.

coolwalker
06-11-2012, 03:08 PM
No deflection ... I'll go with the Cool Black Guy. :)

Ah, Bill Cosby's running?

Peter1469
06-11-2012, 04:08 PM
If the President of The United States had ANY PART of these Leaks, then he should go to JAIL.

Period ...

If the president authorized the leaks then no crime occurred. The president has the authority to declassify any document he wishes. Of course, politically, it would be a mess for him if he authorized it.

And Plame was outed by Richard Armatige, an anti-Bushite.

MMC
06-11-2012, 06:47 PM

Period ...

Having the President order an investigation by his own White House Chief of Staff is not an Independant Investigation and Holder is suppose to show his neutrality.....not party loyalty.

Trinnity
06-11-2012, 06:54 PM
He is loyal to Obama and the agenda, so he is NOT gonna cooperate.
There's too much at stake.

Smartmouthwoman
06-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Leaker-in-Chief is O'Reilly's talking points tonight. Never somewhere you wanna be if you're a politician.

Smartmouthwoman
06-11-2012, 07:12 PM
If the president authorized the leaks then no crime occurred. The president has the authority to declassify any document he wishes. Of course, politically, it would be a mess for him if he authorized it.

If the Obama WH has any role in this, it means he outright lied to the American people because he was too stupid to keep his mouth shut about DENYING it.

He's a clown. It's scary to me he even KNOWS national secrets.

Peter1469
06-11-2012, 07:24 PM
If the Obama WH has any role in this, it means he outright lied to the American people because he was too stupid to keep his mouth shut about DENYING it.

He's a clown. It's scary to me he even KNOWS national secrets.

Very true. But it wouldn't be a crime.

wingrider
06-12-2012, 12:19 AM
No deflection ... I'll go with the Cool Black Guy. :)Will Smith is running for Pres.. great I like that guy

DigiSniper
06-12-2012, 01:08 AM
An anti-Bushite?
The same Richard Armitage that was an aide for Bob Dole in 1978?, a foreign policy advisor to Reagan in 1980?, an Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Policy under SecDef Cheney in 1983? and a foreign policy advisor to GW Bush during the 2000 presidential campaign?

That Richard Armitage? No, he's not a Bushite, nope!