PDA

View Full Version : Both Parties introduce a bill to allow more Work Visas

Common
01-14-2015, 06:39 AM
For the high tech industry while there is a surplus of high tech american workers.

Younger more educated workers should be worried about all the importing of "CHEAP" labor for all categories of workers. Its not just low end american workers have downward wage pressures on them from Illegal immigration.

Lastly if theres any doubt which party is to blame for all these immigrants running around check the highlighted paragraph. ITS BOTH OF THEM.

On Tuesday, three Republican Senators joined three Democrats to introduce legislation that would expand the number of guest-workers for the tech industry even though there is a surplus of American high-tech workers.

The Immigration Innovation (“I-Squared”) bill, introduced by Sens. Orrin Hatch (R-UT), Jeff Flake (R-AZ), Marco Rubio (R-FL), Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Chris Coons (D-DE), and Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), would also enable companies to hire an unlimited number of workers with advanced degrees from U.S. institutions in science, technology, engineering and math, which critics have said would turn some universities into diploma factories for foreign students. Currently, the first 20,000 H-1B applications for those with advanced STEM degrees are exempted.

Hatch said he hoped the bill could be a gateway to “more progress” on a broader immigration bill.
“I’m calling on everyone — the President, members of both parties, and stakeholders in the tech community – to support this bill and help make it the first step towards real immigration reform,” he said in a statement. “We must find make concrete progress to solve some of the many critical problems facing our nation. I-Squared is an obvious solution to an undeniable need, and I want to work with everyone to get it done now.”

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/37735-Gov-Rick-Scott-s-ouster-of-FDLE-commissioner-followed-months-of-tension-between-agen?p=920687#post920687

Chris
01-14-2015, 07:02 AM
OMG! Yesterday it was Reps supporting tax increases, now their supporting open door immigration policies. Power corrupts.

PolWatch
01-14-2015, 07:04 AM
Does anyone still have the idea that they are different?

donttread
01-14-2015, 07:05 AM
They must do their owner's bidding

Common
01-14-2015, 07:59 AM
OMG! Yesterday it was Reps supporting tax increases, now their supporting open door immigration policies. Power corrupts.

and tomorrow you will still be a one sided right wing hack :)

lynn
01-14-2015, 08:07 AM
This is what corporations want and they get it through political funding.

Mac-7
01-14-2015, 08:15 AM
China graduates 10 times more engineers than America does.

So allowing legal immigrants with skills that American kids are too dumb to master makes sense to me.

I can live with that better than obumer opening the floodgate for illegal aliens.

Matty
01-14-2015, 08:28 AM

Not a single solitary Republican voted for obamacare! Not one. Secondly I want to know why first before I condemn them and that includes either party!

PolWatch
01-14-2015, 08:29 AM
They changed their tune in the last session of Congress when they voted to fund the ACA for another year...didn't they?

Mac-7
01-14-2015, 08:32 AM
They changed their tune in the last session of Congress when they voted to fund the ACA for another year...didn't they?

Republicans are afraid of Obama shutting down the government and the pro Obama lib news media blaming them for it.

Ravens Fan
01-14-2015, 08:43 AM

Seems like neither one wants any meaningful recovery any time soon, that's for sure.

nic34
01-14-2015, 09:03 AM
For the high tech industry while there is a surplus of high tech american workers.

Younger more educated workers should be worried about all the importing of "CHEAP" labor for all categories of workers. Its not just low end american workers have downward wage pressures on them from Illegal immigration.

Lastly if theres any doubt which party is to blame for all these immigrants running around check the highlighted paragraph. ITS BOTH OF THEM.

On Tuesday, three Republican Senators joined three Democrats to introduce legislation that would expand the number of guest-workers for the tech industry even though there is a surplus of American high-tech workers.

The Immigration Innovation (“I-Squared”) bill, introduced by Sens. Orrin Hatch (R-UT), Jeff Flake (R-AZ), Marco Rubio (R-FL), Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Chris Coons (D-DE), and Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), would also enable companies to hire an unlimited number of workers with advanced degrees from U.S. institutions in science, technology, engineering and math, which critics have said would turn some universities into diploma factories for foreign students. Currently, the first 20,000 H-1B applications for those with advanced STEM degrees are exempted.

Hatch said he hoped the bill could be a gateway to “more progress” on a broader immigration bill.
“I’m calling on everyone — the President, members of both parties, and stakeholders in the tech community – to support this bill and help make it the first step towards real immigration reform,” he said in a statement. “We must find make concrete progress to solve some of the many critical problems facing our nation. I-Squared is an obvious solution to an undeniable need, and I want to work with everyone to get it done now.”

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/37735-Gov-Rick-Scott-s-ouster-of-FDLE-commissioner-followed-months-of-tension-between-agen?p=920687#post920687

Not sure about your link there common. Here's one from our professional site IEEE about the STEM Crisis myth:

http://spectrum.ieee.org/at-work/education/the-stem-crisis-is-a-myth

(Remember to also buy American)

PolWatch
01-14-2015, 09:03 AM
Anyone who believes any politician is interested in controlling the spending should look at the latest budget voted in Dec 2014. Fortunately for the politicians, most people have forgotten the vote, the $$$ and accepted any excuses offered for the increases.

Mac-7
01-14-2015, 09:06 AM
Anyone who believes any politician is interested in controlling the spending should look at the latest budget voted in Dec 2014. Fortunately for the politicians, most people have forgotten the vote, the $$$ and accepted any excuses offered for the increases.

Stick to the topic and stop trolling.

Professor Peabody
01-14-2015, 09:07 AM

Sens. Orrin Hatch (R-UT), Jeff Flake (R-AZ), Marco Rubio (R-FL), Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Chris Coons (D-DE), and Richard Blumenthal (D-CT).

It's because of idiots like these folks that spent a lot of money on College for a high tech education, graduate can't find a job with decent enough pay to pay back their student loans. If they're going to do that the need to change the law that prohibits going bankrupt on student loans.

Matty
01-14-2015, 09:07 AM
Republicans are afraid of Obama shutting down the government and the pro Obama lib news media blaming them for it.

She conveniently ignores obama and his veto threats!

Chris
01-14-2015, 09:35 AM

Huh?

Chris
01-14-2015, 09:37 AM

And now Reps are voting for the ACA?

My how they change their tune once in power.

Chris
01-14-2015, 09:38 AM
She conveniently ignores obama and his veto threats!

Obama is going to veto tax hikes, open door immigration and ACA bills?

PolWatch
01-14-2015, 09:39 AM
ssshhh....we are not supposed to remember that...it was last year after all....just like when dems start talking about PAC $$$, we won't remember the increase in political donations they voted in at the same time...ssshhhh

Chris
01-14-2015, 09:42 AM
ssshhh....we are not supposed to remember that...it was last year after all....just like when dems start talking about PAC $$$, we won't remember the increase in political donations they voted in at the same time...ssshhhh

Yeah! Stick to the topic and stop trolling. :Doh!:

PolWatch
01-14-2015, 10:03 AM
I reported myself

GrassrootsConservative
01-14-2015, 04:57 PM

Great personal attack. "Common" for you.

Common Sense
01-14-2015, 04:58 PM
So no conservatives are upset by this?

Chris
01-14-2015, 05:01 PM
So no conservatives are upset by this?

Several of us criticized it.

Oh, but, wait, we're not conservative right wing hacks.

GrassrootsConservative
01-14-2015, 05:10 PM
Some people are just too caught up in their own partisanship.

Common Sense
01-14-2015, 05:12 PM
Several of us criticized it.

Oh, but, wait, we're not conservative right wing hacks.

Sorry, in this thread? I didn't see any specific criticisms of the topic.

The Xl
01-14-2015, 05:13 PM
Both parties are literally the same thing, bought by the same exact people.

Common Sense
01-14-2015, 05:14 PM
Some people are just too caught up in their own partisanship.

That's very true.

GrassrootsConservative
01-14-2015, 05:15 PM

Post 2, for starters. Did you read the thread, or are you just posting to see if your computer is still functioning?

Common Sense
01-14-2015, 05:17 PM
Post 2, for starters. Did you read the thread, or are you just posting to see if your computer is still functioning?

Kinda saw that as hyperbole...

So, where was your criticism?

nic34
01-14-2015, 05:18 PM
Both parties are literally the same thing, bought by the same exact people.

One left, the other right.

Literally but not really.

Chris
01-14-2015, 05:31 PM

And now Reps are voting for the ACA?

My how they change their tune once in power.

Obama is going to veto tax hikes, open door immigration and ACA bills?

Read.

Chris
01-14-2015, 05:32 PM
One left, the other right.

Literally but not really.

You're so darned literal.

GrassrootsConservative
01-14-2015, 05:48 PM
Kinda saw that as hyperbole...

So, where was your criticism?

Where did I say I had any?