PDA

View Full Version : House Republican: We must not wait... DEREGULATE!

Bo-4
01-14-2015, 09:11 AM
BAH -- Who cares about health, safety or a clean environment?

The measure, called the Regulatory Accountability Act (https://www.congress.gov/114/bills/hr185/BILLS-114hr185ih.pdf), has been passed by the House before, but stood no chance in the Senate when it was controlled by Democrats. With the GOP in the majority, it is at least likely to get a vote in the upper chamber. The White House has threatened to veto (http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/legislative/sap/114/saphr185r_20150112.pdf) it.

"This is using that arcane process to basically undermine the entire regulatory system of the United States," said Ronald White, director of regulatory policy at the Center for Effective Government, which opposes the bill. It really covers the entire spectrum of public health and safety, worker health and safety, financial protections, consumer product protections -- just about everything that you can think about for which the government has a responsibility to ensure the public is being protected," White said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/13/regulation-stealth-attack_n_6465900.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

texan
01-14-2015, 09:22 AM
If you want jobs we need to eliminate things that we don't need. We are definitely over-regulated and that has been on high speed since Bama appointed all his former hippies into posts.

Mac-7
01-14-2015, 09:30 AM
This is a great idea.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Bo-4
01-14-2015, 09:42 AM
This is a great idea.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

LoL, of course you would think so Mac. But it's gonna get vetoed so don't get your hopes too high ;-)

Captain Obvious
01-14-2015, 09:44 AM
Do any of you have any idea what regulation changes are being proposed.

If so, do any of you understand any of it?

Or are you just content throwing shitballs at each other?

Loaded question too, btw - needs no reply.

Mac-7
01-14-2015, 09:46 AM

Or are you just content throwing $#@!balls at each other?

I want new regulations slowed to a crawl.

Particularly those coming from the EPA.

Bo-4
01-14-2015, 09:51 AM

Yes, i read the story. You should try that sometime.

Common
01-14-2015, 09:57 AM
Deregulate masturbate exacerbate as the corporations and the rich wish, they gop shall do.

Mac-7
01-14-2015, 10:13 AM
Deregulate masturbate exacerbate as the corporations and the rich wish, they gop shall do.

Obama is raising energy prices through the EPA.

And that is hurting ordinary Americans.

Codename Section
01-14-2015, 10:17 AM
First off, no one goes to jail for pollution. They go to court and around 10 years later there is a settlement and the lakes, rivers, area is already fucked and people died of cancer.

I know libs love to think they're pro environment because they came up with a regulation but half the time they are written to let off the biggest offenders and kill their competition.

Big government is a lot of laws and little action unless that action is to club you or kick in your door.

The river seepage in West Virginia from 10 months back--anyone in jail yet? Who's drinking the water? How'd those regulations work out?

PolWatch
01-14-2015, 10:22 AM
I'm sure there have been real changes in the coal sludge ponds in Appalachia since then... There are no more ponds of the waste water used to wash coal prior to shipment anywhere in coal mining areas...seeping into groundwater or waiting for another chance to flood. right?

Captain Obvious
01-14-2015, 10:25 AM
First off, no one goes to jail for pollution. They go to court and around 10 years later there is a settlement and the lakes, rivers, area is already fucked and people died of cancer.

I know libs love to think they're pro environment because they came up with a regulation but half the time they are written to let off the biggest offenders and kill their competition.

Big government is a lot of laws and little action unless that action is to club you or kick in your door.

The river seepage in West Virginia from 10 months back--anyone in jail yet? Who's drinking the water? How'd those regulations work out?

Exactly.

Regulation is a joke. I'm staunchly anti-union but pretty pro-union for industries like coal.

There's a report going on here now in West Virginia about regulators shutting down coal mines that owe millions in unpaid fines that they're ignoring. The legal theory is that regulators can only shut down mines for safety reasons and the stretch that not paying fines is a safety issue. It's thought that a challenge from the coal industry could be successful but so far the company that was shut down was reopened when it agreed to payment terms.

This company owes millions in fines.

Regulation is a joke.

http://www.npr.org/2015/01/12/372464410/regulators-take-action-against-delinquent-mines

Regulators Take Action Against Delinquent Mines

Codename Section
01-14-2015, 10:34 AM
People think I'm a libertarian because I don't care. Bullshit. Robin Hood was a libertarian. The rich taxed the poor. When he stole it back he was returning the money to the proper owner. He was an outlaw that did what was right because the government didn't.

Well, in actuality it was a lot of guys at that time doing it and living off the legend, but my point is the same. When you have lawyers you're not afraid of fines. When there is an angry mob outside your shit changes right quick.

I am very pro-environment. My entire house I'm building is upcycled. Well, 80% but still.

We will never write a good regulation because 600 people with lobbyists up their ass have a say in it and trust they will put in loopholes for their friends. I never look at the name of the regulation, I look at the regulation...and then roll my eyes.

Codename Section
01-14-2015, 10:37 AM
I'm sure there have been real changes in the coal sludge ponds in Appalachia since then... There are no more ponds of the waste water used to wash coal prior to shipment anywhere in coal mining areas...seeping into groundwater or waiting for another chance to flood. right?

The Shenandoah river still has signs about you can fish from it but you can't eat the fish. Why? Because the big companies just pay the fines...or don't pay them.

What scared the shit out of me tho is that the same river you can't eat fish from has a bunch of dairy cows that can go right up to it and drink.

WTF?

The Xl
01-14-2015, 10:44 AM
Regulation is bullshit because those who continually and egregiously violate the regulations also write the regulations.

'Oh, your father died of cancer and you brother lost his leg? Here's your 15,000 dollars. And criminal charges being pressed? Roflcopter, no'

But keep on keeping on, dumbfuck libs. I'm sure Obama is gonna fix it all.

PolWatch
01-14-2015, 10:45 AM
The incidents of birth defects, cancers and other health issues are ignored. Who cares what happens to the people of Appalachia? Chopping off the top of mountains to get the coal, damming the valleys to hold the sludge run off....move along and do it again. The heavy metal concentration in the coal wash water seep into the water supply if its not flooding when the dams break.

Captain Obvious
01-14-2015, 10:48 AM
It's funny how when the discussion starts getting productive the OP is nowhere to be seen.

PolWatch
01-14-2015, 10:49 AM
FYI:
'To process Appalachian coal for market, companies wash and prepare it using water, coagulants, flocculants and surfactants. Coal slurry consists of this chemically treated water and very fine particles of coal, rock and clay.

The rock, coal, and clays contain a wide range of heavy metals including arsenic, lead, cadmium, chromium, iron, manganese, aluminum and nickel—all of which dissolve in the water—and some hydrocarbons and other organic chemicals. While patent law limits the information available about the chemicals used in coal processing, serious concerns about their neurotoxic and carcinogenic effects particularly on workers in the plants [link] have been raised. Reagents used in processing coal include acrylamides (http://www.mcg.edu/news/2003NewsRel/sickles.html), (some acrylamides are carcinogenic), lime (pH adjuster), natural and modified starches, caustic starch, denatured alcohol, sulfuric acid (pH adjuster), nitric acid (pH adjuster), aluminum sulfate (pH adjuster), iron oxide, diesel fuel and anhydrous ammonia. '

http://www.sludgesafety.org/what-coal-slurry/chemicals-found-coal-sludge-and-slurry

Bo-4
01-14-2015, 10:52 AM
It's funny how when the discussion starts getting productive the OP is nowhere to be seen.

Nothing particularly productive about regulation haters. Just enjoy your tainted meat ;-)

Captain Obvious
01-14-2015, 10:54 AM
Nothing particularly productive about regulation haters. Just enjoy your tainted meat ;-)

Not really.

More like - when your trolling doesn't have the impact that you wanted you vanish, off to another thread like the trump thread where you can act like a chimp.

You're already labeled as such which is a shame.

The Xl
01-14-2015, 10:56 AM

And enjoy your small lump sum when said tainted meat kills you.

Liberals are not very bright, generally.

Bo-4
01-14-2015, 11:01 AM
Not really.

More like - when your trolling doesn't have the impact that you wanted you vanish, off to another thread like the trump thread where you can act like a chimp.

You're already labeled as such which is a shame.

Label me anyway you wish. Could care less -- do enjoy! :)

http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/2014/10/dale-tainted-meat-110623.jpg

Chris
01-14-2015, 11:03 AM
Label me anyway you wish. Could care less -- do enjoy! :)

Then why respond if you don't care what he said?

Captain Obvious
01-14-2015, 11:06 AM

He will never know why.

Bo-4
01-14-2015, 11:08 AM

He's entertaining. ;-)

Chris
01-14-2015, 11:20 AM
He's entertaining. ;-)

http://i.snag.gy/etWei.jpg

Mr. Right
01-14-2015, 11:23 AM
Here's a new one that just came down from the EPA "Regulatory Mill", a rule that recreational boats have an "overboard discharge" permit. It's a Bovine Scatology rule that requires an EPA permit for all boats.
http://lakeexpo.com/news/top_stories/recreational-boaters-say-epa-is-going-overboard/article_4b42d132-3bc0-590a-a8f3-ed453060c657.html

Currently, sewage can be pumped overboard 3 miles from the beach. You'll be fined thousands of dollars if you discharge oil as per USCG
rules. The EPA ruling originally came from ships pumping bilge and ballast water overboard, now they want to include everything down to jet skis. The consensus around here is that those EPA geeks have been smoking way too much pot.

Mac-7
01-14-2015, 11:25 AM
Here's a new one that just came down from the EPA "Regulatory Mill", a rule that recreational boats have an "overboard discharge" permit. It's a Bovine Scatology rule that requires an EPA permit for all boats.
http://lakeexpo.com/news/top_stories/recreational-boaters-say-epa-is-going-overboard/article_4b42d132-3bc0-590a-a8f3-ed453060c657.html

Currently, sewage can be pumped overboard 3 miles from the beach. You'll be fined thousands of dollars if you discharge oil as per USCG
rules. The EPA ruling originally came from ships pumping bilge and ballast water overboard, now they want to include everything down to jet skis. The consensus around here is that those EPA geeks have been smoking way too much pot.

The two-stroke engines disappearing because of wacko libs at the EPA.

Captain Obvious
01-14-2015, 11:27 AM
The two-stroke engines disappearing because of wacko libs at the EPA.

Pretty soon the 4-stroke will be a thing of the past, just like you.

Cigar
01-14-2015, 11:29 AM
If you want jobs we need to eliminate things that we don't need. We are definitely over-regulated and that has been on high speed since Bama appointed all his former hippies into posts.

:rollseyes: We need to Eliminate GOP Obstruction

Captain Obvious
01-14-2015, 11:30 AM
:rollseyes: We need to Eliminate GOP Obstruction

Unfortunately for you, you're handing congressional majority to them.

Cigar
01-14-2015, 11:31 AM
Unfortunately for you, you're handing congressional majority to them.

"I" didn't "Hand" anything to anyone

Mac-7
01-14-2015, 11:37 AM
Pretty soon the 4-stroke will be a thing of the past, just like you.

Sure, in 50 or 100 years.

The IC engine that is.

But the 2 cycle is not a victim of progress but just wacko environmentalist hysteria.

Captain Obvious
01-14-2015, 11:39 AM
Sure, in 50 or 100 years.

The IC engine that is.

But the 2 cycle is not a victim of progress but just wacko environmentalist hysteria.

No, it was a superfluous engine and a very dirty one also.

Sucks to be you - and it's just going to get worse for you. Maybe it's time for you to move to Sweden or wherever.

Mac-7
01-14-2015, 11:43 AM
No, it was a superfluous engine and a very dirty one also.

Sucks to be you - and it's just going to get worse for you. Maybe it's time for you to move to Sweden or wherever.

Referring to the 2-stroke suppose.

You are just repeating the standard chant of the environmentalist wackos.

Captain Obvious
01-14-2015, 11:47 AM
Referring to the 2-stroke suppose.

You are just repeating the standard chant of the environmentalist wackos.

Ironically, being said with your standard chant.

And disregard of making a point on the topic at hand (the relevance of 2-stroke engines).

Dismissed - go play with the monkeys now, they're more your par.

Cigar
01-14-2015, 11:47 AM
I'm all for Conservatives having their own DEREGULATED Lives ...

Let Conservatives Fly DEREGULATED Sky's in DEREGULATE Air-Planes, Drive DEREGULATED Cars on DEREGULATED Streets, Eat DEREGULATED Meat at DEREGULATED Restaurants, Drink DEREGULATED Water from their DEREGULATED Sewers, Use DEREGULATED Computers from The DEREGULATED Internet using DEREGULATED Software from DEREGULATED Power, and get DEREGULATED Healthcare from DEREGULATED Doctors ... and Kiss my DEREGULATED Ass. :laugh:

Mac-7
01-14-2015, 11:49 AM
Ironically, being said with your standard chant.

And disregard of making a point on the topic at hand (the relevance of 2-stroke engines).

Dismissed - go play with the monkeys now, they're more your par.

Sorry that you are so uninformed.

The 2cycle produces more power per pound than a 4 cycle engine and has fewer parts.

Bo-4
01-14-2015, 11:51 AM
I'm all for Conservatives having their own DEREGULATED Lives ...

Let Conservatives Fly DEREGULATED Sky's in DEREGULATE Air-Planes, Drive DEREGULATED Cars on DEREGULATED Streets, Eat DEREGULATED Meat at DEREGULATED Restaurants, Drink DEREGULATED Water from their DEREGULATED Sewers, Use DEREGULATED Computers from The DEREGULATED Internet using DEREGULATED Software from DEREGULATED Power, and get DEREGULATED Healthcare from DEREGULATED Doctors ... and Kiss my DEREGULATED Ass. :laugh:

I've already planned their next vacation! :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QDv4sYwjO0

Crepitus
01-14-2015, 11:53 AM

From what I gather it's all about making it harder to emplace new regulations by requiring years of new studies and making sure thast any new ones are the cheapest option rather than the best option.

I don't read legaleze all that well so someone please chime in if I'm wrong.