PDA

View Full Version : GOP House Passes Bill Setting Up New Shutdown War Over Immigration

Cigar
01-14-2015, 12:25 PM
Government shutdown wars are back with a vengeance.

House Republicans teed up a new standoff on Wednesday with passage of legislation that overturns President Barack Obama's executive actions on deportation relief for millions of undocumented immigrants.The bill passed 236-191, with 10 Republicans voting against it and 2 Democrats supporting it.

The legislation is tied to the funding of the Department of Homeland Security, which expires on Feb. 28. The department will partially shut down if a bill isn't enacted by then. The rest of the government is funded through September.

"We do not take this action lightly but, simply, there is no alternative," House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) said in a fiery floor speech. "This executive overreach is an affront to the rule of law and the Constitution itself. What we're dealing with is a president who has ignored the people and ignored the Constitution, including his own past statements."

The legislation is an aggressive opening bid from the House. It's unlikely to pass the Senate, where Democrats appear to have the votes to filibuster. It also faces a veto threat from the White House. House GOP leadership aides privately acknowledge that their bill may not go any further in its current form.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/house-gop-shutdown-war-immigration?utm_content=bufferacbb5&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Same Old Good Old Party ... Game-On :laugh:

Mac-7
01-14-2015, 12:27 PM
All obumer has to do is back down on amnesty.

momsapplepie
01-14-2015, 12:30 PM
None of this is necessary. Just start applying the laws we already have.

Captain Obvious
01-14-2015, 12:31 PM
Shit - I might have to rejoin the GOP.

This is what they were elected to office for, good for them.

Shut the fucker down.

Captain Obvious
01-14-2015, 12:33 PM

That's the rub.

How can anyone with half a fucking brain cell support "immigration reform" when the current laws were virtually ignored?

It's like these singer-payer supporter idiots, Care/caid is so fucked up... let's make it bigger, give it the entire monopoly.

Dumbfucks...

Cigar
01-14-2015, 12:34 PM
$#@! - I might have to rejoin the GOP.

This is what they were elected to office for, good for them.

Shut the $#@!er down.

You have to give it to the GOP ... they are Persistent ... Stupid but Persistent :grin:

Doing things the same old way and expecting different results is the Conservative way. :roflmao:

http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/VarveG/2015/VarveG20150114_low.jpg

Cigar
01-14-2015, 12:36 PM

Find a President who's Deported More. :laugh:

texan
01-14-2015, 02:24 PM
Oh Goody! It is about time the sky is falling democrats began their attacks.

This Week:

Abortion Threads
Shut Down Threads
Global Warming Threads

You guys need some new material.

Let me help you, Republicans want to kill children and the elderly. Just saving us all some time, oh and Ted Cruz is a terrorist but ISIS is not.

hanger4
01-14-2015, 02:24 PM
Find a President who's Deported More. :laugh:

Catching and or detaining at the border and immediately sending them back

doesn't count as a deportation. But you go ahead and count them which

ever way supports your agenda. :)

hanger4
01-14-2015, 02:26 PM

This Week:

Abortion Threads
Shut Down Threads
Global Warming Threads

Let me help you, Republicans want to kill children and the elderly. Just saving us all some time, oh and Ted Cruz is a terrorist but ISIS is not.

Don't forget pushing granny of the cliff and feeding her dog food.

Cigar
01-14-2015, 03:31 PM

This Week:

Abortion Threads
Shut Down Threads
Global Warming Threads

Give us some new Policies and we'll have some New Material. :laugh:

Until then, you'll get what you Legislate.

Don't like advertisement, change the message. :grin:

del
01-14-2015, 04:21 PM
i'm completely in favor of defunding dhs permanently

and it can take the patriot act with it