PDA

View Full Version : President promises vetoes

Peter1469
01-16-2015, 07:38 AM
President promises vetoes (http://www.politico.com/story/2015/01/obama-to-senate-dems-im-going-to-play-offense-114307.html)

I actually agree with a veto over any Iran sanctions. But with domestic issues, it will be interesting to see if the MSM utters the words obstructionist when it mentions Obama's vetos.

lol, I doubt it. The MSM doesn't have "journalists" any more. They are DNC stooges.

President Barack Obama made clear Thursday in a closed-door session with Senate Democrats that he’s prepared to veto hostile legislation from the GOP-controlled Congress, including an Iran sanctions package on the front-burner of Capitol Hill.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/01/obama-to-senate-dems-im-going-to-play-offense-114307.html#ixzz3OzHW0luU

PolWatch
01-16-2015, 07:58 AM
I guess he just got some ink in that pen...it was not in evidence for the December session. Oh, wait....he probably used it to sign that Christmas gift card they passed. Silly me....Santa-Senate delivered everything on his gift list....the only people who got coal in their stockings are the taxpayers.

nathanbforrest45
01-16-2015, 08:40 AM
If Obama vetoes any legislation it will only be because of the obstructionist Republicans passing laws the Democrats don't want. Why won't the Republicans work for (opps I mean with) the Democrats and do whatever they and the President want.

Greedy white people bastids.

texan
01-16-2015, 02:23 PM
President promises vetoes (http://www.politico.com/story/2015/01/obama-to-senate-dems-im-going-to-play-offense-114307.html)

I actually agree with a veto over any Iran sanctions. But with domestic issues, it will be interesting to see if the MSM utters the words obstructionist when it mentions Obama's vetos.

lol, I doubt it. The MSM doesn't have "journalists" any more. They are DNC stooges.

Why do you agree and what is "hostile Legislation?" I gues any he disagrees with?

Peter1469
01-16-2015, 02:36 PM
Why do you agree and what is "hostile Legislation?" I gues any he disagrees with?

What do you mean "hostile legislation"?

Blackrook
01-16-2015, 09:33 PM
Our Constitutional system has changed. The President still has veto power over Congress, blocking anything it attempts to do. However, Congress has no power to block executive orders. Checks and balances appears to be a dead letter.

Redrose
01-16-2015, 09:37 PM
Our Constitutional system has changed. The President still has veto power over Congress, blocking anything it attempts to do. However, Congress has no power to block executive orders. Checks and balances appears to be a dead letter.

That is a weak point. The next prez could undo a bad Executive Order.

Peter1469
01-16-2015, 09:38 PM

They do. The power of the purse.

Howey
01-16-2015, 10:11 PM
What do you mean "hostile legislation"?

Anything he (@texan) doesn't like.