PDA

View Full Version : Pileup at the White House

Trinnity
06-12-2012, 06:00 PM
The gang that can't shoot straight...

Pileup at the White House (http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/car-wreck-at-the-white-house/2012/06/11/gJQAl8MpVV_print.html)

It has been a Junius Horribilis for President Obama.

Job growth has stalled, the Democrats have been humiliated in Wisconsin, the attorney general is facing a contempt-of-Congress citation, talks with Pakistan have broken down, Bill Clinton is contradicting Obama, Mitt Romney is outraising him, Democrats and Republicans alike are complaining about a “cascade” of national-security leaks from his administration, and he is now on record as saying that the “private sector is doing fine.”

Could it get any worse?

Early Monday morning, Obama learned that it could. His aides delivered the news to him that his commerce secretary had been cited for a felony hit-and-run after allegedly crashing his car three times over the weekend. In one incident, the previously obscure Cabinet officer apparently rear-ended a Buick, spoke to the car’s occupants, then hit the vehicle again as he left.

Thus did Jay Carney, the oft-besieged White House press secretary, have another briefing carjacked by bad news. And Carney, who either didn’t know the details of the bizarre episode or wasn’t at liberty to divulge them, had to execute a full range of defensive maneuvers.

Ugghhh...Obama, just go away.

Goldie Locks
06-12-2012, 06:32 PM
The Ubama administration has no respect for anybody or anything. Here's just another example of how they think they are above the law.

MMC
06-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Yes.....and now he has taken a leave of absence. Also they are stating he had some sort of seizure. Although he has never had such in his past. He left stating he will take care of this medical situation.

Trinnity
06-12-2012, 08:34 PM
I was thinking of a brain tumor. It kinda fits. Who knows...

Shoot the Goose
06-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Yes.....and now he has taken a leave of absence. Also they are stating he had some sort of seizure. Although he has never had such in his past. He left stating he will take care of this medical situation.

When I first read of it this AM, before any explanation was offered, I was thinking that he had likely suffered a brain function issue. I may not agree with their politics, but these folks are not habitually reckless drivers by any means. And it made no sense at all, except that his brain had malfunctioned. I wish him well, but this is not good for him (the Secretary) personally.

MMC
06-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Could be diabetes too. Which is why I wasn't quick to jump him. As that happened to my Grams, and here she had gone like 55yrs of her life without ever having anything with diabetes. Then one day she was driving and had some type of a siezure. Afterwards they would discover she has some mild form of it which as she got older she would have to manage in her life. As it would become full on diabetes. Which she then had to do the rest of her days until she passed. :undecided:

Deadwood
06-12-2012, 09:46 PM
Of all of that, the scariest has to be that the AG is facing contempt of congress citation.....

If the chief law enforcement officer in the land doesn't respect the law, why should anyone else?

Just don't get caught. Pricks like him get away with it.....the common folk do time.

Deadwood
06-12-2012, 09:52 PM
That's where I am now...not seizures, but brown outs. Just diagnosed ten days ago and its mild, but if I go more than four or five hours without eating?

Still, if that's the case, I can tell you first hand that you damn well know something is off and you sit down if you're standing or pull over to the side of the road if you're driving. There is decent warning, it's not like you suddenly black out.

coolwalker
06-13-2012, 11:16 AM
They can't even drive their cars but they want to drive the nation into ruin. Well they do one thing right...the latter.

Peter1469
06-13-2012, 05:15 PM
When I first read of it this AM, before any explanation was offered, I was thinking that he had likely suffered a brain function issue. I may not agree with their politics, but these folks are not habitually reckless drivers by any means. And it made no sense at all, except that his brain had malfunctioned. I wish him well, but this is not good for him (the Secretary) personally.

My take on the news: so we have a Secretary of Commerce? Who knew. Well this guy just made lots of jobs. Each of the people he hit are going to sue for damages.