PDA

View Full Version : UN Official Calls Syrian Conflict a Civil War.....

MMC
06-13-2012, 05:19 AM
UNITED NATIONS/BEIRUT (Reuters) - Syria's 15-month uprising has grown into a full-scale civil war where President Bashar al-Assad's forces are trying to recapture swathes of urban territory lost to rebels, the U.N. peacekeeping chief said on Tuesday.

"Yes, I think we can say that," U.N. Under-Secretary-General for Peacekeeping Operations Herve Ladsous said when asked if the Syrian crisis could now be characterized as a civil war.

There were also credible reports of children being recruited by the rebel Free Syrian Army, it said, and in one incident in March the army and Shabbiha placed children aged 8 to 13 in front of the windows of buses carrying military personnel raiding a village.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/syria-civil-war-u-n-official-says-095457817.html
Reuters – 9 mins ago<<<<<More Here Way More!

Take a good look how Arabs like to fight conflicts with the use of Children. Doesn't matter which Arabs. Shia, Sunni, they always go for the kids. Even recruiting 8yr olds. What do you think about Arabs hiding behind Children and Women? Do you think this makes them a complete warrior? Think this puts either side on any Righteous ground?

So it official now. The UN Official in World-Wide Media Coverage states Syria is a Civil War. Thats all we needed to hear. Now Clinton can be pressed as to why she is trying to involve us into this Civil War. Looks like those remarks on Assad by her and Obama about Assad must go. Can now be put back into perspective.

MMC
06-13-2012, 05:31 AM
Now the NATO Chief Anders Fogh Rasmussen is stating Intervention in Syria is not the Right Path.....

NATO chief Anders Fogh Rasmussen said Wednesday that foreign military intervention was "not the right path" in Syria despite the UN's peacekeeping chief declaring the country in civil war.

Rasmussen said there were "no plans at this stage" for a NATO operation, as he condemned the UN Security Council failure to reach agreement as a "big mistake", saying Russia could have an "instrumental role" in brokering peace.

"A foreign military intervention is not the right path in Syria," the NATO chief said in a speech to Australian journalists, calling instead for a political solution as envisaged by UN-Arab League envoy Kofi Annan.

Without a change to the escalating violence US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has questioned whether it would be feasible to extend the UN mission in Syria once its 90-day mandate expires on July 20.....snip~

http://news.yahoo.com/intervention-not-path-syria-nato-chief-053722979.html;_ylt=AhpkY_mU2jYSLBRe5EU45qxvaA8F;_ ylu=X3oDMTNnbWlhb2RkBG1pdAMEcGtnAzMwMjNkYmZhLWU3YT MtM2RjZS1iZDY0LTRkOWI5YTExNmEyNgRwb3MDMTgEc2VjA2xu X01pZEVhc3RfZ2FsBHZlcgM0MzZlZmQ3MC1iNTFhLTExZTEtOW MyZi0zYjY5MGIwYjdmMGI-;_ylv=3
AFP – 4 hrs ago<<<<< More Here Way More!

wingrider
06-13-2012, 06:06 AM
we have no business in syria or any country in the middle east.. just stop it ,, pull the plug and let it go,, these people have been fueding for 4000 years, let them just finish the job.. with the modern equipment they have and the fire power at their disposal it shouldn't take more than 6 to 8 months .

moon
06-13-2012, 06:14 AM
UNITED NATIONS/BEIRUT (Reuters)*
Take a good look how Arabs like to fight conflicts with the use of Children..

Sure. *Produce some concrete evidence of this characteristic- *which you've presented here as a racial trait. * Doubtless, some arabs mistreat children in conflicts, as do some Africans and some Europeans. *This is not true of all Arabs, however and the poster should rephrase his statement. * The Israelis killed 400 arab children in just one operation over christmas 2008/9 but it would be a gross slander to characterize Judaism as a religion of child-murderers. *You'll see my point, I'm sure. *There is absolutely no reason why Arabs should submit to such character assassination.

MMC
06-13-2012, 06:21 AM
we have no business in syria or any country in the middle east.. just stop it ,, pull the plug and let it go,, these people have been fueding for 4000 years, let them just finish the job.. with the modern equipment they have and the fire power at their disposal it shouldn't take more than 6 to 8 months .

Exactly.....and who cares if the Russians broker that Peace. It's not like the Russians care for the Sunni or Shia as evidenced by some of the material they have up on their sites about them. Which the Russians have NP giving them some weapons to kill each other off. Although I do find it interesting with those from the ME and their brain-washed mentaliies. How they look for the Devil behind the Saud.

The Saudi have had the money and Control of the Other Sunni Countries, they have had the money for the last 30years and it is themselves that keep the Continuation of conflicts going between the Shia and the Sunni. Using the Excuse of Iran and playing on that tangent, with each and every Western country they do buisness with.

But now that Clinton and Panetta remarks validate what type of Equipment and what they term "soft aid", is going to the Rebels from us. Which means they are admitting to involvement. This is where I think Congress should call Madam Secretary to Hearing for a little explaining and then to be told. Stay out of it!

wingrider
06-13-2012, 06:43 AM
on the money MMC

MMC
06-13-2012, 06:50 AM
on the money MMC

Problem is the GOP Repubs like McCain and then DNC boyz Kerry and Reid will Prevent a Senate Hearing. Sure would like to hear from the House tho.

coolwalker
06-13-2012, 09:39 AM
The UN blows...and is slow on the uptake.

roadmaster
06-13-2012, 10:10 AM
Sure. *Produce some concrete evidence of this characteristic- *which you've presented here as a racial trait. * Doubtless, some arabs mistreat children in conflicts, as do some Africans and some Europeans. *This is not true of all Arabs, however and the poster should rephrase his statement. * The Israelis killed 400 arab children in just one operation over christmas 2008/9 but it would be a gross slander to characterize Judaism as a religion of child-murderers. *You'll see my point, I'm sure. *There is absolutely no reason why Arabs should submit to such character assassination.

Maybe not all Arabs but many children are kidnapped and put into these camps. You can't say "look they are killing children" when you and I know what's really going on.

moon
06-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Maybe not all Arabs

DEFINITELY not all Arabs. *The premise is preposterous.* * It's like saying that all jews are land-grabbing arseholes or that all Americans are burger-stuffed morons .*

Shoot the Goose
06-13-2012, 10:21 AM
These folks are into killing each other for the long haul. I do't see peace moving forward. Just some time-outs to catch one's breath when exhausted.

MMC
06-13-2012, 10:30 AM
These folks are into killing each other for the long haul. I do't see peace moving forward. Just some time-outs to catch one's breath when exhausted.

Well, with this news and all the World of Media all calling it a civil war. Obama and Clinton will need to change their rhetoric.

Shoot the Goose
06-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Well, with this news and all the World of Media all calling it a civil war. Obama and Clinton will need to change their rhetoric.

I think it clear that no one has the will to commit troops of any uniform to try to keep the peace. So they need to jizz up international cover for doing nothing. This sounds cold, but I believe that much of the international consensus is that a pox on all the houses in Syria is acceptable. Hell, they have other Arab countries that are very content with this.

Peter1469
06-13-2012, 05:09 PM
We should officially stay out of it. Russia is the biggest winner if the US gets bogged down in another ME war.

MMC
06-13-2012, 05:25 PM
We should officially stay out of it. Russia is the biggest winner if the US gets bogged down in another ME war.

Then the Question will be.....how many Sunni will Assad have as an ending total in racking up the kills on the Sunni Arabs. Turkey won't jump in now to try and save the Sunni from getting wiped out.

If we manage to stay out if.....myself I would like to see the tables turned on the Sunni. If somehow the incompetant buggers can manage to put together a Coalition Force of Sunni Arabs to go in and try to take down Assad. Just how many days within a week will you have the Sunni Arabs crying for back-up with more running to the UN screaming for help?