PDA

View Full Version : Snack Attack!

PolWatch
01-21-2015, 04:25 PM
Its the middle of the afternoon & I'm starving! I just fixed some Ritz crackers & peanut butter. (a favorite snack) I'm sure there are things that are better health wise.

Suggestions for my next snack attack?

Redrose
01-21-2015, 04:37 PM
Its the middle of the afternoon & I'm starving! I just fixed some Ritz crackers & peanut butter. (a favorite snack) I'm sure there are things that are better health wise.

I cut up an apple, Granny Smith usually, cut up grapes, raisins, walnuts mix in some yogurt. Maybe a Triscuit or two. I like a slice of salami wrapped around some cheese too. Ritz with a slice of summer sausage.

PolWatch
01-21-2015, 04:38 PM
the fruit & nuts in the yogurt sounds good....I need to add that to the list!

Alyosha
01-21-2015, 04:43 PM
I eat seaweed. I'm addicted to it, actually.

PolWatch
01-21-2015, 04:46 PM
seaweed? I've never heard of that....is it commercially available or something you prepare?

Redrose
01-21-2015, 04:46 PM
the fruit & nuts in the yogurt sounds good....I need to add that to the list!

I try to keep that stuff around. When I get hungry it's usually for sweet and salty. I rarely eat candy or chips, never eat cake or ice cream. A good crusty bread and cheese is great.

CreepyOldDude
01-21-2015, 04:49 PM
I'm a big fan of Asiago cheese and saltines.

White Stilton is delicious, too.

PolWatch
01-21-2015, 04:50 PM
I try to limit the snack foods in the house but my husband is one of the great junk food junkies of the world.

He's one of those disgusting humans with the metabolism of a hummingbird...my father in law used to say that he 'eats so much it makes him poor to tote it'

nic34
01-21-2015, 04:58 PM
Fritos and hot bean dip.

http://www.bringxyz.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/hotbean.gif

Alyosha
01-21-2015, 05:02 PM
seaweed? I've never heard of that....is it commercially available or something you prepare?

Commercially available, it's been baked and seasoned lightly with sesame oil and salt. Sooooo addictive.

PolWatch
01-21-2015, 05:12 PM
Commercially available, it's been baked and seasoned lightly with sesame oil and salt. Sooooo addictive.

Korean Kim Nori?

Chris
01-21-2015, 05:26 PM

I just finished snacking on the same. Really. Weird!

http://i.snag.gy/DQJMK.jpg

Bob
01-21-2015, 05:29 PM
I try to limit the snack foods in the house but my husband is one of the great junk food junkies of the world.

He's one of those disgusting humans with the metabolism of a hummingbird...my father in law used to say that he 'eats so much it makes him poor to tote it'

Dale was like that. Dale and I used to work construction on some jobs. Dale used a regular grocery big bag to tote his food to the job. And he ate all of it too. Skinny dude. No idea why he never got fat.

Bob
01-21-2015, 05:45 PM

Dale was like that. Dale and I used to work construction on some jobs. Dale used a regular grocery big bag to tote his food to the job. And he ate all of it too. Skinny dude. No idea why he never got fat.

PolWatch
01-21-2015, 05:47 PM
i just finished snacking on the same. Really. Weird!

http://i.snag.gy/dqjmk.jpg

gmta

Chris
01-21-2015, 05:51 PM
gmta

gmsa (s=snack)

momsapplepie
01-21-2015, 07:03 PM
My go to is popcorn. Garlic and parmesan sprinkled.

Peter1469
01-21-2015, 08:01 PM
I cut up an apple, Granny Smith usually, cut up grapes, raisins, walnuts mix in some yogurt. Maybe a Triscuit or two. I like a slice of salami wrapped around some cheese too. Ritz with a slice of summer sausage. good choice

Captain Obvious
01-29-2015, 12:37 PM
The grocery store back home occasionally gets smoked, salted herring - like big anchovies. They had them this weekend so I bought a pound. Been snacking on them lately.

And she's been bitching about the stink.