PDA

View Full Version : Romney and Bush to meet in Utah

Peter1469
01-22-2015, 07:35 AM
Romney and Bush to meet in Utah (http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/22/us/politics/romney-and-jeb-bush-to-meet-raising-speculation-on-presidential-race.html?_r=3&referrer=)

I guess they plan to see if they can come to a deal to avoid splitting the GOP establishment. Maybe they will team up.

Jeb Bush (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/b/jeb_bush/index.html?inline=nyt-per) and Mitt Romney (http://topics.nytimes.com/topics/reference/timestopics/people/r/mitt_romney/background/index.html?inline=nyt-per) are scheduled to meet privately this week in Utah, raising the possibility that the two former governors will find a way to avoid competing presidential campaigns that would split the Republican establishment next year, two prominent party members said Wednesday night.

The meeting was planned before Mr. Romney’s surprise announcement two weeks ago to donors in New York that he was considering a third run for the White House.

Mr. Bush proposed the meeting, according to one of the party members familiar with the planning, who did not want to be quoted by name in discussing a secret meeting.

nathanbforrest45
01-22-2015, 07:53 AM
Oh no, we can't have that. We need to have someone the Democrats can support and do their bidding to run for the Republican nomination. None of this Conservative stuff.

Peter1469
01-22-2015, 07:54 AM
I wouldn't vote for a Romney / Bush ticket.

texan
01-22-2015, 09:59 AM
Then who would you vote for? Putting in more of the same? You might want to start rethinking this stance you have, if you actually care about the our security and our military you seem to care about.

nathanbforrest45
01-22-2015, 11:55 AM
I wouldn't vote for a Romney / Bush ticket.

So if Romney Bush run would you then vote for Clinton/Warren or some unknown 3rd Party Candidate who would have as much chance of winning as I would being elected the president of the NAACP?

Green Arrow
01-22-2015, 12:10 PM
Oh no, we can't have that. We need to have someone the Democrats can support and do their bidding to run for the Republican nomination. None of this Conservative stuff.

Bush and Romney are conservatives? Since when?

Green Arrow
01-22-2015, 12:11 PM
Peter1469, expect Bush to run and pick Romney either for VP or a Cabinet position.

Howey
01-22-2015, 12:13 PM
Peter1469, expect Bush to run and pick Romney either for VP or a Cabinet position.

That's what I'm thinking. Maybe Secretary of State aka Worldwide Missionary.

Green Arrow
01-22-2015, 12:28 PM
That's what I'm thinking. Maybe Secretary of State aka Worldwide Missionary.

Nah, I think he's more likely to be either Secretary of the Treasury or Chairman of the Federal Reserve.

Peter1469
01-22-2015, 12:36 PM
Then who would you vote for? Putting in more of the same? You might want to start rethinking this stance you have, if you actually care about the our security and our military you seem to care about.

I don't plan to vote for any establishment candidate no matter what they call themselves.

Peter1469
01-22-2015, 12:36 PM
@Peter1469 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=10), expect Bush to run and pick Romney either for VP or a Cabinet position.

I don't see Romney agreeing to the VP slot.

Peter1469
01-22-2015, 12:38 PM
So if Romney Bush run would you then vote for Clinton/Warren or some unknown 3rd Party Candidate who would have as much chance of winning as I would being elected the president of the NAACP?

I won't vote for establishment candidates. Since it seems unclear I used bold to assist you.

Green Arrow
01-22-2015, 01:40 PM
I don't see Romney agreeing to the VP slot.

I don't either, I think it's more likely he'll end up in the Cabinet.

PolWatch
01-22-2015, 02:42 PM
if Bush runs, it will be the dynasty race....Clinton/Bush...pick a family

texan
01-22-2015, 03:19 PM
Bush and Romney are conservatives? Since when?

Well then I assume you will consider voting for them Green? LOL!

Yes they are republicans and conservatives. Wanna talk abortion with them? How about military? or how about tax policy? That's what I thought.

Common Sense
01-22-2015, 03:22 PM
...are they going to flip a coin to see who gets to loose to Hillary?

texan
01-22-2015, 03:31 PM
I am glad you are so sure she will be anointed. I mean you know how accurate the polls 2 years away are don't ya?

I am not even sure she will get the nomination. BTW she isn't Black, she isn't young and she isn't a great speaker.............Just saying!

Are the college kids coming out? No.

Is the black vote coming out as large to help a white sister? No, reality is a bitch.

Will she be tied to Obama's crap foreign policy? Uh YEEES!

Is Terror back on the map as important since your savor f'd it up? Uh YEEES!

Will Bill make Teenage Hookergate go away? LOL! I bet she is liking that story.....

Will she look less old & fat? Sorry no.

Is Bush's wife Mexican and does he speak Spanish fluidly? OOPs yes.

You and she might want to focus on her anointment for now.

PolWatch
01-22-2015, 03:36 PM

you don't think this could be a problem with the anti-immigration right? I remember reading before gwb was elected that Jeb was actually the one being groomed for the presidency but he messed up his chance by marrying an Hispanic woman. Do you think things have changed enough to make that unimportant now?

Green Arrow
01-22-2015, 03:36 PM
Well then I assume you will consider voting for them Green? LOL!

Yes they are republicans and conservatives. Wanna talk abortion with them? How about military? or how about tax policy? That's what I thought.

I already know where Romney stands on those issues and I know where Bush III stands on foreign policy. The only one I care about right now is foreign policy, and I don't like either of their positions on that.

If it makes you feel any better, I don't like Hillary's foreign policy either.

PolWatch
01-22-2015, 03:38 PM
Hillary has so much baggage (Bill and more) that I will be surprised if she does get the dem nomination. If she does, it will be because they can't find anyone else willing to run as a loser. 2016 will be the year of the repub...unless they completely shoot themselves with Romney again.

Common Sense
01-22-2015, 03:39 PM
I am glad you are so sure she will be anointed. I mean you know how accurate the polls 2 years away are don't ya?

I am not even sure she will get the nomination. BTW she isn't Black, she isn't young and she isn't a great speaker.............Just saying!

Are the college kids coming out? No.

Is the black vote coming out as large to help a white sister? No, reality is a $#@!.

Will she be tied to Obama's crap foreign policy? Uh YEEES!

Is Terror back on the map as important since your savor f'd it up? Uh YEEES!

Will Bill make Teenage Hookergate go away? LOL! I bet she is liking that story.....

Will she look less old & fat? Sorry no.

You and she might want to focus on her anointment for now.

I'm not even a big fan of Hillary's...just making a prediction.

I don't know if people will want a third Bush. Though he probably is the better of the brothers.

sachem
Oh no, we can't have that. We need to have someone the Democrats can support and do their bidding to run for the Republican nomination. None of this Conservative stuff.Who's the conservative? Bush or Romney?

Matty
Tick tick tick tick tick tick!

Common Sense
01-22-2015, 03:41 PM
60 minutes?

Redrose
01-22-2015, 03:55 PM

you don't think this could be a problem with the anti-immigration right? I remember reading before gwb was elected that Jeb was actually the one being groomed for the presidency but he messed up his chance by marrying an Hispanic woman. Do you think things have changed enough to make that unimportant now?

I'm conservative right, and I am not anti-immigration. I am against illegal immigration. There is a difference.

I like JEB, he was a good governor. I like others more. I like Marco Rubio and he is Cuban. I think a president speaking fluent Spanish would be excellent for the large Hispanic population we have. I have no problem with that.

PolWatch
01-22-2015, 04:01 PM
This is what I was wondering about:

There are means by which we can control our border better than we have. And there should be penalties for breaking the law," he added. "But the way I look at this -- and I'm going to say this, and it'll be on tape and so be it. The way I look at this is someone who comes to our country because they couldn’t come legally, they come to our country because their families -- the dad who loved their children -- was worried that their children didn’t have food on the table. And they wanted to make sure their family was intact, and they crossed the border because they had no other means to work to be able to provide for their family. Yes, they broke the law, but it’s not a felony. It’s an act of love. It’s an act of commitment to your family. I honestly think that that is a different kind of crime that there should be a price paid, but it shouldn’t rile people up that people are actually coming to this country to provide for their families."
The comments clearly set Bush apart from other Republicans, especially some considering runs for president in 2016. Even Bush seemed to acknowledge that his position could cause him political trouble as he mulls whether to run for president.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/04/06/jeb-bush-many-illegal-immigrants-come-out-of-an-act-of-love/

Mister D
01-22-2015, 04:06 PM
Spoken like a rich white man. Jeb doesn't worry much about the consequences of the migration of poor, uneducated Latinos. He's unlikely to see any aside from his domestic staff.

sachem
01-22-2015, 04:07 PM
60 minutes?A bomb?

Redrose
01-22-2015, 04:08 PM
This is what I was wondering about:

There are means by which we can control our border better than we have. And there should be penalties for breaking the law," he added. "But the way I look at this -- and I'm going to say this, and it'll be on tape and so be it. The way I look at this is someone who comes to our country because they couldn’t come legally, they come to our country because their families -- the dad who loved their children -- was worried that their children didn’t have food on the table. And they wanted to make sure their family was intact, and they crossed the border because they had no other means to work to be able to provide for their family. Yes, they broke the law, but it’s not a felony. It’s an act of love. It’s an act of commitment to your family. I honestly think that that is a different kind of crime that there should be a price paid, but it shouldn’t rile people up that people are actually coming to this country to provide for their families."
The comments clearly set Bush apart from other Republicans, especially some considering runs for president in 2016. Even Bush seemed to acknowledge that his position could cause him political trouble as he mulls whether to run for president.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/04/06/jeb-bush-many-illegal-immigrants-come-out-of-an-act-of-love/

That is one position of Bush I don't agree with, but I am not a single issue voter. Overall he would be a good choice. None of them are 100% perfect by anyone's standards. Hillary on the otherhand has way to many negatives, too many to overlook.

Immigration is an important issue to me, but not the most important one. The economy and defense/terrorism concerns me more.

Peter1469
01-22-2015, 04:24 PM
if Bush runs, it will be the dynasty race....Clinton/Bush...pick a family

Why? Pick none of the above.

Common Sense
01-22-2015, 04:34 PM
If the third Bush is elected, is he going to attack Iraq as well? It seems to be a theme among them.

PolWatch
01-22-2015, 04:39 PM
If the third Bush is elected, is he going to attack Iraq as well? It seems to be a theme among them.

frightening thought

Green Arrow
01-22-2015, 04:39 PM

Enter Bob to tell you it's all Clinton's fault...

PolWatch
01-22-2015, 04:42 PM
anyone for a rousing chorus of 'I Saw the Light' on the subject of former democrats?

Mister D
01-22-2015, 04:45 PM
anyone for a rousing chorus of 'I Saw the Light' on the subject of former democrats?

I would post the Johnny Cash version from an episode of Columbo but my admin blocks youtube. Faggot.