PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton declines to take position on Keystone

texan
01-22-2015, 09:03 PM
The first step of a great leader, don't answer any hard questions:

WINNIPEG, Manitoba (AP) — Hillary Rodham Clinton on Wednesday declined again to take a position on the Keystone XL pipeline, telling an audience in Canada that she would not express her views because of an ongoing review by the State Department.

"We have differences and you won't get me to talk about Keystone because I have steadily made clear that I'm not going to express an opinion," said Clinton, a potential 2016 Democratic presidential candidate. "It is in our process and that's where it belongs."

http://news.yahoo.com/hillary-clinton-speak-canada-amid-debate-over-keystone-154015441--election.html

Uh uh uh what do you want to hear? What will get me elected? Such a deep thinker.

del
01-22-2015, 09:07 PM
she'll probably win the primary in manitoba

Peter1469
01-22-2015, 09:53 PM
Americans are less into leadership. More into management.

Pitiful.

Matty
01-22-2015, 09:57 PM
Just don't ask the bitch what she'd do if the red phone rings cause the answer is nothing!

Cigar
01-22-2015, 10:44 PM
I say let the GOP have it ...

I could care less how many miles of Oil Pipes Run through Conservative Back Yards.

Just like I don't give a Shit about Fracking Earthquakes :laugh:

Redrose
01-22-2015, 10:58 PM

This is a map of crude oil pipelines currently in the US. Why is the Keystone Pipeline such a problem for the environment?

del
01-22-2015, 11:02 PM

This is a map of crude oil pipelines currently in the US. Why is the Keystone Pipeline such a problem for the environment?

a) its projected path runs right across the ogallala aquifer which supplies about 30% of the water for irrigating crops in the us
b) see a) above

Mac-7
01-22-2015, 11:22 PM
a) its projected path runs right across the ogallala aquifer which supplies about 30% of the water for irrigating crops in the us
b) see a) above

Oil is lighter than water.

It won't seep down hundreds or thousands of feet to where the water is.

Cigar
01-22-2015, 11:27 PM

Or why do we need ONE MORE Pile Line? :laugh:

I'm pissed I traded in my 12 Miles per gallon 2007 Tahoe for a 17 Miles per gallon 2013 Enclave :grin:

I just filled my tank for $1.96 per gallon

Cigar
01-22-2015, 11:29 PM

Oil Flows Under ICE ... just ask the people in around Yellowstone whop can't get to the cleanup :laugh:

NEXT!

Mac-7
01-22-2015, 11:33 PM
Oil Flows Under ICE ...

NEXT!

Correction.

Oil FLOATS under the ice.

del
01-22-2015, 11:55 PM

not this oil, sparky

crude bitumen is heavier than water .

it has an api gravity less than 10 which means, bucky, that it sinks and does not float on water.

the 12% extra emissions when you burn it is just the frosting on the cake.

http://www.energy.gov.ab.ca/oilsands/pdfs/rpt_chops_app1.pdf

Redrose
01-23-2015, 12:42 AM

I'm pissed I traded in my 12 Miles per gallon 2007 Tahoe for a 17 Miles per gallon 2013 Enclave :grin:

The news a day or two ago said $5 per gal. possible by December. This was too good to last.

Redrose
01-23-2015, 01:02 AM
b) see a) above

From Wiki

"Pipeline industry spokesmen have noted that thousands of miles of existing pipelines carrying crude oil and refined liquid hydrocarbons have crossed over the Ogallala Aquifer for years, in southeast Wyoming, eastern Colorado and New Mexico, western Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. The Pioneer crude oil pipeline crosses east-west across Nebraska, and the Pony Express pipeline, which crosses the Ogallala Aquifer in Colorado, Nebraska, and Kansas, was being converted as of 2013 from natural gas to crude oil, under a permit from the FERC."
I can appreciate the concern, but apparently this is nothing new.

momsapplepie
01-23-2015, 01:38 AM

Mac-7
01-23-2015, 07:27 AM
not this oil, sparky

crude bitumen is heavier than water .

it has an api gravity less than 10 which means, bucky, that it sinks and does not float on water.

the 12% extra emissions when you burn it is just the frosting on the cake.

http://www.energy.gov.ab.ca/oilsands/pdfs/rpt_chops_app1.pdf

No kidding?

The Canadian tar sands are located thousands of feet below the surface?

Thats news because the reports I get is that they only have to dig from 0 to 100 feet for the tar sand.

del
01-23-2015, 09:05 AM
From Wiki

"Pipeline industry spokesmen have noted that thousands of miles of existing pipelines carrying crude oil and refined liquid hydrocarbons have crossed over the Ogallala Aquifer for years, in southeast Wyoming, eastern Colorado and New Mexico, western Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. The Pioneer crude oil pipeline crosses east-west across Nebraska, and the Pony Express pipeline, which crosses the Ogallala Aquifer in Colorado, Nebraska, and Kansas, was being converted as of 2013 from natural gas to crude oil, under a permit from the FERC."
I can appreciate the concern, but apparently this is nothing new.

i'd certainly take the pipeline industry at their word

the entire oil industry is known for their honesty

del
01-23-2015, 09:06 AM
No kidding?

The Canadian tar sands are located thousands of feet below the surface?

Thats news because the reports I get is that they only have to dig from 0 to 100 feet for the tar sand.

i'm sure you're better informed than the canadians

Mac-7
01-23-2015, 09:14 AM
i'm sure you're better informed than the canadians

They agree with me that the tar sands are not miles under the surface.

Which is where it would be if the tar were sinking.

Which it ain't.

nathanbforrest45
01-23-2015, 10:05 AM
$1.98 a gallon for gasoline. You are being cheated by your government. With my discount card I just paid $1.67 a gallon. Of course now that the Saudi guy died gas will go back up to $40.00 a gallon in the next two months, all of which will be Bush's fault.

Mac-7
01-23-2015, 10:07 AM
$1.98 a gallon for gasoline. You are being cheated by your government. With my discount card I just paid $1.67 a gallon.

Gas was down to only $1.67 just a couple of days ago.

Now it has jumped to $1.89.

domer76
01-23-2015, 11:50 AM

If we already have that many, why is this one so effing critical? The answer relates to both sides - politics.

domer76
01-23-2015, 11:52 AM

When did you get your PhD in soil chemistry?

Mac-7
01-23-2015, 11:52 AM
If we already have that many, why is this one so effing critical? The answer relates to both sides - politics.

Increasing the oil supply is critical to our political and economic security.

Mac-7
01-23-2015, 11:53 AM
When did you get your PhD in soil chemistry?

The same time you did.

domer76
01-23-2015, 11:56 AM
Increasing the oil supply is critical to our political and economic security.

I think we're beginning to discover that expensive and dirty oil is not going to be the answer. The Saudis, by keeping the price low, have already forced layoffs of 44,000.

domer76
01-23-2015, 11:57 AM
The same time you did.

Never got my PhD is chemistry. Just my bachelors. I then worked in an environmental lab for 20+ years. Testing what? Well, by golly, leaching characteristics of hydrocarbons in soils and aquifers. Fuckinaye, huh?

Mac-7
01-23-2015, 12:09 PM
I think we're beginning to discover that expensive and dirty oil is not going to be the answer. The Saudis, by keeping the price low, have already forced layoffs of 44,000.

Fossile fuel, including coal and oil is the immediate answer to our energy needs since the left does not want to go nuclear.

Someday I'm sure we will replace fossil fuels but not soon.

Mac-7
01-23-2015, 12:10 PM
Never got my PhD is chemistry. Just my bachelors. I then worked in an environmental lab for 20+ years. Testing what? Well, by golly, leaching characteristics of hydrocarbons in soils and aquifers. $#@!inaye, huh?

Its the internet.

Why don't you go ahead and claim a Noble Prize while you are at it?

domer76
01-23-2015, 12:19 PM
Its the internet.

No need for the Nobel Prize (not Noble). Just you looking foolish is reward enough. And I get rewarded regularly.

Mac-7
01-23-2015, 12:22 PM
No need for the Nobel Prize (not Noble).

Thanks.

If you don't need the NOBEL Prize then save that for a rainy day.

No need to over do it, huh?

del
01-23-2015, 01:26 PM
^

the gift that keeps on giving

Cigar
01-23-2015, 01:55 PM
The news a day or two ago said $5 per gal. possible by December. This was too good to last.

Here we go again :laugh:

PolWatch
01-23-2015, 02:10 PM
If the pres wasn't credited for the falling prices, how can he be responsible for increasing prices?

silvereyes
01-23-2015, 02:11 PM
Never got my PhD is chemistry. Just my bachelors. I then worked in an environmental lab for 20+ years. Testing what? Well, by golly, leaching characteristics of hydrocarbons in soils and aquifers. Fuckinaye, huh?
You jackass. I just spewed milk EVERYWHERE! Damnit!
*stomps off to get towel*

silvereyes
01-23-2015, 02:13 PM
Its the internet.

Here we go again. Okies, by that fuckedup logic....i will say that you are a tiny little midget covered in greenslime hair and you eat cockaroaches like they are caviar....and you cant dispute it.

Mac-7
01-23-2015, 02:54 PM
Here we go again. Okies, by that $#@!edup logic....i will say that you are a tiny little midget covered in greenslime hair and you eat $#@!aroaches like they are caviar....and you cant dispute it.

Why would I want to?

The usual libs will believe anything you say and everyone else will ignore it.

texan
01-23-2015, 03:34 PM

Commerce, revenues, taxes paid annually, construction jobs, permanent jobs..................couple ideas for you......

domer76
01-23-2015, 05:01 PM
You jackass. I just spewed milk EVERYWHERE! Damnit!
*stomps off to get towel*

One doesn't get a chance to use 'fuckinaye' often anymore. I thought it a pretty good time.

The Sage of Main Street
01-23-2015, 05:13 PM
The first step of a great leader, don't answer any hard questions:

WINNIPEG, Manitoba (AP) — Hillary Rodham Clinton on Wednesday declined again to take a position on the Keystone XL pipeline, telling an audience in Canada that she would not express her views because of an ongoing review by the State Department.

"We have differences and you won't get me to talk about Keystone because I have steadily made clear that I'm not going to express an opinion," said Clinton, a potential 2016 Democratic presidential candidate. "It is in our process and that's where it belongs."

http://news.yahoo.com/hillary-clinton-speak-canada-amid-debate-over-keystone-154015441--election.html

Uh uh uh what do you want to hear? What will get me elected? Such a deep thinker. It's better than mindlessly parroting the Treehuggers from her birth class and coming out against Keystone. I wish she had said the same when Dumbo Dubya started beating the drums to invade Iraq.

The Sage of Main Street
01-23-2015, 05:18 PM
b) see a) above They should also build a water pipeline to catch the summer melt wasted in Canada's northern regions.

PolWatch
01-23-2015, 05:22 PM
b) see a) above
del - not a problem...oil floats on top of water & under ice...we can just scoop it off the water before we drink it....sure it won't be a problem for crops either...they will just grow pre-oiled for cooking!

Redrose
01-23-2015, 05:23 PM
i'd certainly take the pipeline industry at their word

the entire oil industry is known for their honesty

I agree with you about that, but given the fact lines have been operating across that region successfully for years, I can't justify a serious objection to the Keystone. Apparently the fact the aquifer has remained unaffected by the current pipelines should carry some favorable weight. IMO

The Sage of Main Street
01-23-2015, 05:23 PM
Gas was down to only $1.67 just a couple of days ago.

Now it has jumped to $1.89. They may be anticipating Putin's cutting off a critical percentage of Europe's energy.

del
01-23-2015, 05:27 PM
I agree with you about that, but given the fact lines have been operating across that region successfully for years, I can't justify a serious objection to the Keystone. Apparently the fact the aquifer has remained unaffected by the current pipelines should carry some favorable weight. IMO

as far as i know, none of those pipelines carry tar sand.

The Sage of Main Street
01-23-2015, 05:29 PM
Never got my PhD is chemistry. Just my bachelors. I then worked in an environmental lab for 20+ years. Testing what? Well, by golly, leaching characteristics of hydrocarbons in soils and aquifers. $#@!inaye, huh? Your job gives you just as much self-serving bias as the petrocrat executives have. So both sides cancel each other out as far as credibility of selective piles of data goes.

The Sage of Main Street
01-23-2015, 05:32 PM
Thanks.

If you don't need the NOBEL Prize then save that for a rainy day.

No need to over do it, huh? It should be "Noble" because it has degenerated into representing the decadent fads of an obsolete but still controlling hereditary class.

silvereyes
01-23-2015, 11:42 PM
Why would I want to?

The usual libs will believe anything you say and everyone else will ignore it.
Here, let me bust out the tiny violins for you.

silvereyes
01-23-2015, 11:43 PM
One doesn't get a chance to use 'fuckinaye' often anymore. I thought it a pretty good time.
And this why i adore you.:)

Redrose
01-23-2015, 11:45 PM
as far as i know, none of those pipelines carry tar sand.
del

Is there is dangerous difference with tar sand?

Mac-7
01-23-2015, 11:45 PM
Here, let me bust out the tiny violins for you.

I'm indifferent either way.

Mac-7
01-23-2015, 11:47 PM
It should be "Noble" because it has degenerated into representing the decadent fads of an obsolete but still controlling hereditary class.

If obumer gets the a Peace Prize just for winning an election then we know the selection process has been throughly politicized and partisan.

del
01-23-2015, 11:50 PM
@del (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=770)

Is there is dangerous difference with tar sand?

it's quite thick and heavier than water. most crude oil and natural gas (obviously) are lighter than water and so will float on the top for the most part, making clean up a little easier.

tar sand is a nightmare waiting to happen, imo.

Mac-7
01-23-2015, 11:53 PM
it's quite thick and heavier than water. most crude oil and natural gas (obviously) are lighter than water and so will float on the top for the most part, making clean up a little easier.

tar sand is a nightmare waiting to happen, imo.

When its that thick it does not flow through the pipes.

del
01-23-2015, 11:54 PM
When its that thick it does not flow through the pipes.

they mix it with other substances to get it to flow

silvereyes
01-23-2015, 11:54 PM
If obumer gets the a Peace Prize just for winning an election then we know the selection process has been throughly politicized and partisan.
Why did he get it? Whered the money go?

silvereyes
01-23-2015, 11:55 PM
I'm indifferent either way.
Your replies say otherwise.

Mac-7
01-23-2015, 11:59 PM
they mix it with other substances to get it to flow

Yes.

http://ostseis.anl.gov/guide/tarsands/index.cfm

After mining, the tar sands are transported to an extraction plant, where a hot water process separates the bitumen from sand, water, and minerals. The separation takes place in separation cells. Hot water is added to the sand, and the resulting slurry is piped to the extraction plant where it is agitated.

The combination of hot water and agitation releases bitumen from the oil sand, and causes tiny air bubbles to attach to the bitumen droplets, that float to the top of the separation vessel, where the bitumen can be skimmed off.

Further processing removes residual water and solids. The bitumen is then transported and eventually upgraded into synthetic crude oil.

The Sage of Main Street
01-24-2015, 11:26 AM
tar sand is a nightmare waiting to happen, imo. Dependency on the jihadi OPECkers is a nightmare that has already happened.

Ransom
01-26-2015, 01:31 PM
They "won't get me to talk about Keystone because I have steadily made clear that I'm not going to express an opinion," said Clinton, a potential 2016 Democratic presidential candidate.

Like most other issues out there, she won't "express an opinion?"

"It is in our process and that's where it belongs."

But she had an opinion on Obamacare while it was in process. The Iraq War while that was in process. Just about every other issue. Would a GOP potential candidate get a free pass?