PDA

View Full Version : Where does this get us?

coolwalker
06-13-2012, 01:36 PM
We all come here daily and there are two sides. Those of us who want to see Obama anywhere but Washington and those who want to crown him king. We present one side to an issue and the others present an absurd side, but a side never-the-less. At the end of the day, every day, there is no change in sides. There never will be. So where does this get us? I'm not saying stop, but honestly, will the left ever obtain any sense?

Cigar
06-13-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm neither of the two ...

I would just like to see the President get a chance to be President and make all the decisions or mistakes all the other presidents before him was afforded. Personally ... I don't see the world ending either way, if he wins reelection or not.

Because either way, my momentum has always been or always will be "forward".

Smartmouthwoman
06-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Here's what I think is amusing. When we have a Republican president in office again, all the things that are 'no big deal' when Obama does it will become HUGE deals again.

I just keep thinking back to how the left's heads exploded over the Patriot Act. Then comes Obamacare which gives the govt the right to look up your ass, and they don't say a word.

Hypocrisy, thy name is liberal.

Smartmouthwoman
06-13-2012, 02:31 PM

I would just like to see the President get a chance to be President and make all the decisions or mistakes all the other presidents before him was afforded. Personally ... I don't see the world ending either way, if he wins reelection or not.

I call BS.

Admit it... you took the pledge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwG5MhVGQ6k&feature=related

Beevee
06-13-2012, 02:43 PM
We all come here daily and there are two sides. Those of us who want to see Obama anywhere but Washington and those who want to crown him king. We present one side to an issue and the others present an absurd side, but a side never-the-less. At the end of the day, every day, there is no change in sides. There never will be. So where does this get us? I'm not saying stop, but honestly, will the left ever obtain any sense?

You expect a reasonable answer when you make such a post? And you have the temerity to claim that sense is required?

Cigar
06-13-2012, 02:58 PM
I call BS.

Admit it... you took the pledge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwG5MhVGQ6k&feature=related

My alliance is to me ... myself ... and I ... what's left over goes to my Wife and Dog :)

Professor Peabody
06-13-2012, 04:03 PM

CW, look at the stats on the main page of how many guests look at these forums (not just this one) for information. They know they can't believe the main stream media. So they seek information for what other people are saying then sorting out what's reasonable and correct. Those are the folks I post for. We both know libs aren't going to change our minds and vice versa. But, by presenting credible arguments with factual information from reliable sources, then adding what the mainstream media refuses to say or point out we can reach out to those seeking information.

Beevee
06-13-2012, 05:03 PM
CW, look at the stats on the main page of how many guests look at these forums (not just this one) for information. They know they can't believe the main stream media. So they seek information for what other people are saying then sorting out what's reasonable and correct. Those are the folks I post for. We both know libs aren't going to change our minds and vice versa. But, by presenting credible arguments with factual information from reliable sources, then adding what the mainstream media refuses to say or point out we can reach out to those seeking information.

Thanks for the laugh of the day.

MMC
06-13-2012, 05:42 PM

Why, did Canada do something significant in the World today?

Beevee
06-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Why, did Canada do something significant in the World today?

You mean like killing people from an office with a computer as a drone mechanism.

No, thank God.

MMC
06-13-2012, 06:11 PM
You mean like killing people from an office with a computer as a drone mechanism.

No, thank God.

No.....actually I meant did they try and make some sort of statement to the World. You know where the entire planet paused to chuckle. :laugh:

Deadwood
06-13-2012, 06:20 PM

I think that's what the OP meant by "absurd".

Barak Hussein Obama had a far, far greater chance to be a president than any other in the history of the United States. He had the people on side, full control of the Congress and a public crying for change.

The first thing he did? Called anyone who disagrees with him his "enemies" and started a cheap, Chicago gutter, name calling war with the very people he needed to get things done.

And as for real change?

So let's trash the self pitying, immature, greasy excuses and stop blaming his unending list of failures on the Republicans, or George Bush, or the RNC or Wisconsin or the fact he's black...wait he isn't even that....

Chris
06-13-2012, 06:42 PM
My alliance is to me ... myself ... and I ... what's left over goes to my Wife and Dog :)

So you're a liberal. Never would've guessed that.

As for the OP, no one ever winds an argument on the Internet. But there's a lot of good ideas exchanged and that has to have some value.

Professor Peabody
06-13-2012, 10:44 PM

Knowing your posting for as long as I have, I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Beevee
06-14-2012, 08:57 AM
Knowing your posting for as long as I have, I wouldn't expect you to understand.

I'm thankful for that. If I were to begin to understand you, I would first have to attend a US seminar on 'How to convince others what I don't believe myself.'

Cigar
06-14-2012, 11:55 AM
I think that's what the OP meant by "absurd".

Barak Hussein Obama had a far, far greater chance to be a president than any other in the history of the United States. He had the people on side, full control of the Congress and a public crying for change.

The first thing he did? Called anyone who disagrees with him his "enemies" and started a cheap, Chicago gutter, name calling war with the very people he needed to get things done.

And as for real change?

So let's trash the self pitying, immature, greasy excuses and stop blaming his unending list of failures on the Republicans, or George Bush, or the RNC or Wisconsin or the fact he's black...wait he isn't even that....

Then came reality ... Organized Opposition ... The Night President Obama was sworn in.

So in reality ... we may have come a long way, but guess who's longing for the Good Old Days?

Cigar
06-14-2012, 11:56 AM
So you're a liberal. Never would've guessed that.

As for the OP, no one ever winds an argument on the Internet. But there's a lot of good ideas exchanged and that has to have some value.

More than that, I'm a Progressive Liberal! :)

Chris
06-14-2012, 01:38 PM
More than that, I'm a Progressive Liberal! :)

Pleonasm.

Professor Peabody
06-14-2012, 06:54 PM
I would first have to attend a US seminar on 'How to convince others what I don't believe myself.' They have those in Canada?

Goldie Locks
06-14-2012, 08:03 PM

No, thank God.

So you're against Ubama I take it then???

Deadwood
06-14-2012, 08:33 PM

Oh please, your posts are the epitome of Obama propaganda.

Chris
06-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Isn't Obama all about Obama? Almost narcissistic?

Beevee
06-14-2012, 08:58 PM
So you're against Ubama I take it then???

Did you actually think I was anything pro US politics?

The first thing Obama did on entering the White House was return the bust of Winston Churchill to the British Embassy. O.K. He may not have respected Churchill but that was a bloody downright insult to Britain and I doubt too many people will have been enamoured by it.

But, the current lot of GOP contenders? No. Better the devil you know.............

Conley
06-14-2012, 09:04 PM

The first thing Obama did on entering the White House was return the bust of Winston Churchill to the British Embassy. O.K. He may not have respected Churchill but that was a bloody downright insult to Britain and I doubt too many people will have been enamoured by it.

But, the current lot of GOP contenders? No. Better the devil you know.............

Churchill has less happy connotations for Mr Obama than those American politicians who celebrate his wartime leadership. It was during Churchill's second premiership that Britain suppressed Kenya's Mau Mau rebellion. Among Kenyans allegedly tortured by the colonial regime included one Hussein Onyango Obama, the President's grandfather.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/4623148/Barack-Obama-sends-bust-of-Winston-Churchill-on-its-way-back-to-Britain.html

Beevee
06-14-2012, 10:48 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/4623148/Barack-Obama-sends-bust-of-Winston-Churchill-on-its-way-back-to-Britain.html

Do you notice the word 'allegedly'?

Either it's a fact, or it isn't. Allegedly lets the Telegraph off the hook without facing a legal action. Where did Obama make any remark about his grandfather?

To me it's just conjecture but it wouldn't surprise me if it were the reason.

Conley
06-14-2012, 11:11 PM
Do you notice the word 'allegedly'?

Either it's a fact, or it isn't. Allegedly lets the Telegraph off the hook without facing a legal action. Where did Obama make any remark about his grandfather?

To me it's just conjecture but it wouldn't surprise me if it were the reason.

Sure I see the word 'allegedly'. It seems plausible to me...if Obama did not believe it, why would he be returning the bust? Do you think he's deliberately insulting Britain and if so why would he be motivated to do that? To me the most reasonable explanation is likely the correct one. I thought it was a strange story all along.

JohnAdams
06-15-2012, 06:11 AM
Here's what I think is amusing. When we have a Republican president in office again, all the things that are 'no big deal' when Obama does it will become HUGE deals again.

I just keep thinking back to how the left's heads exploded over the Patriot Act. Then comes Obamacare which gives the govt the right to look up your ass, and they don't say a word.

Hypocrisy, thy name is liberal.

Obamacare isn't the only example, what about the TSA and this President saying this government has to have the right to grope your genital's without warrant, without probable cause and the right to further detain you without such if you dare protest, simply because you want to travel on a plane to see grandma for the holidays?

Oh did we all forget about the lefty's defense of that one?

I have not.

JohnAdams
06-15-2012, 06:18 AM

Not when that "devil you know" is not facing re-election, and thus the restraining influence on his actions that can have for a politician. And also after having tested the waters by dragging this nation into of all things, and Unconstitutional war, knows there is a Congress on capitol hill that won't do it's job and impeach and remove his black ass.

Sorry Beevee if you take it personally but what follows is the truth.

Folks but I'm fed up with the apathetic, you know the sort the "oh no that could never happen here" when even mention is made of the way the German nation set up concentration camps for it's own citizens prior and during WWII, eventhough such ALREADY DID HAPPEN HERE during WWII.

And then those who still, despite all the illegalities, all the ass backward statements, all the snubs of long time allies, and all the unpatriotic remarks made when he thinks the mic is off and no one is listening, no matter what just continue to support this President.

I mean really, to see some tell it, one would think it's as if Obama could shoot them in the ass with bb guns, and they'd still vote for him, because "well better the devil you know" Instead of saying, "hey don't shoot me in the ass again!". :rolleyes:

JohnAdams
06-15-2012, 06:22 AM

My allegiance is to this nation, and it's Constitution.

The rest be damned. Oh and yes that includes the Obama and his fat wife and ugly kids. Sorry I forgot, we are only allowed to say that about Mrs. Palin and HER kids. ;)

JohnAdams
06-15-2012, 06:26 AM

So what? Let us suppose for a moment that under Churchill.

Britain did that. And let us suppose for a moment, that not only is not "allegedly", but a fact, they did torture the Obammy's gramps.

So the hell what? That still would not give (sings) "mmmhmmmhmmm Barack Hussein Obama" the right or justification to snub a long standing, long time, close ally of the United States, the way he has done the United Kingdom, and on more than one occasion I might add.

Yeah some of us Americans are aware of and remember the way he tried to talk over the Queen while visiting the Queens country.

After all, let me remind everyone, The Obama, according to the Obama himself in fact, is not in the office of his Grandfather.

He is in the office of the President of the United States, and (this is the according to Obammy himself part) he's not just supposed to represent gramps, (who as a non citizen, non American he's not supposed to represent at all as President but I digress) he's supposed to be representing us, we the People of the United States.;)

Not just the liberal Americans, not just gramps (who again he shouldn't be using the office to represent at all to start with) ALL Americans.

If he cannot do that, if he cannot represent the entire United States when dealing with our allies, even if and when he must do so by setting aside any familial animosity he may hold towards the United Kingdom it's government or it's people.

Then I submit to you that (sings) "mmmhmmmmhmmmm Barack Hussein Obama" is wholly unqualified to hold the office of President of the United States.

That said, for those who may be from the U.K. please excuse us over here across the big pond.

See some of our citizens are lets just say easily influenced, and actually bought into the lies this man told to get voted into high office.

Please know the rest of us who are not, are doing are damnedest to vote this icon of moronism out of that office first chance we get. ;) P.S. conley I was actually responding to the whole "allegedly" thing. ;)

JohnAdams
06-15-2012, 06:43 AM

So is the way some, still support and will most likely vote for him.

No matter the amount of damage he does to them, or their families, politically, morally, and economically.

Oh wait that would be masochistic wouldn't it. ;)

coolwalker
06-15-2012, 01:00 PM

Almost...oh he is way more than almost, he is totally and completely narcissistic.

MMC
06-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Almost...oh he is way more than almost, he is totally and completely narcissistic.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4977545559670956&pid=1.1

:facepalm:

Cigar
06-15-2012, 01:30 PM
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4977545559670956&pid=1.1

:facepalm:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/OnamaGotThis.jpg

MMC
06-15-2012, 01:43 PM

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=I5045126878920818&pid=1.1

Yeah right.....you said that about the economy too. :rollseyes: :laugh:

coolwalker
06-15-2012, 03:40 PM

Hey Michelle, handle this will you. I've got a golf date then I'm heading to Mickey D's for lunch.