PDA

View Full Version : Holder on the hot seat: Senators demand answers on U.S. fugitives in Cuba

Professor Peabody
01-24-2015, 09:27 AM
Holder on the hot seat: Senators demand answers on U.S. fugitives in Cuba

By S.A. Miller - The Washington Times - Friday, January 23, 2015

A group of Senate Republicans pressed Attorney General Eric H. Holder on Friday to explain the administration’s policy for U.S. fugitives in Cuba, including a convicted cop killer, following President Obama’s announced normalization of relations with the communist island nation.

“As the nation’s chief law enforcement officer, do you support the normalization of relations with Cuba without the return of fugitives from justice for prosecution who have the blood of Americans, including law enforcement officers on their hands?” said the three senators in a letter to Mr. Holder.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/23/gop-senators-eric-holder-us-fugitives-cuba/

This is going to get interesting. If we normalize relations.....read that we give them money.....will they return U.S. Fugitives living there? They should, but will the Obama administration insist on it? Somehow with our Presidents policy of "walk softly with a limp wrist", I doubt it.

http://cdn.havanatimes.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/golf_deal2-300x174.jpg

While I'm sure Obama is salivating over the four golf courses in Cuba, the new Republican led Congress needs to make sure there is absolutely NO taxpayer funded foreign aid till they return any and all U.S. Fugitives living in the country......NONE!

Peter1469
01-24-2015, 09:36 AM
I imagine they will be on the table in the current negotiations.

PolWatch
01-24-2015, 09:39 AM
Wow! Its been at least 2 weeks since relations with Cuba were changed...those lazy slackers! Since the current administration is known as being much more efficient than any others, of course they should have already handled this issue! We all know how quickly the Senate handles other problems...don't we?

Let's hope the same efficient program we have in place for Mexico will work.

Common
01-24-2015, 10:37 AM
Holder has been on the hot seat for 6 yrs and the GOP hasnt been able to burn his ass once and they wont now. Its all posturing.

In all honesty, Darryl Issis is the most failed special attack dog ever appointed by a party. I mean the guys record is zero wins 100% fail

Mac-7
01-24-2015, 10:46 AM
Wow! Its been at least 2 weeks since relations with Cuba were changed...those lazy slackers! Since the current administration is known as being much more efficient than any others, of course they should have already handled this issue! We all know how quickly the Senate handles other problems...don't we?

Let's hope the same efficient program we have in place for Mexico will work.

The negotiations would have gone faster if obumer had withheld the candy till after Castro cleaned up his room.

But your fuhrer foolishly gave the communists what they wanted before getting something in return.

Mr. Right
01-24-2015, 10:50 AM
The negotiations would have gone faster if obumer had withheld the candy till after Castro cleaned up his room.

But your fuhrer foolishly gave the communists what they wanted before getting something in return.

Yes, and they'll get millions if not billions more.

hanger4
01-24-2015, 10:52 AM
Holder has been on the hot seat for 6 yrs and the GOP hasnt been able to burn his ass once and they wont now. Its all posturing.

In all honesty, Darryl Issis is the most failed special attack dog ever appointed by a party. I mean the guys record is zero wins 100% fail

Yup, and investigating the most transparent administration ever.

Oh wait ...... ??

Common
01-24-2015, 10:53 AM

I agree with you on this one mac, OMG I hope lightning dont git me

Common
01-24-2015, 10:55 AM

Oh wait ...... ??

Hanger no party ever gets busted. If one party busts the other on anything, the other party will just snitch on the other and the both know it. They are both full of crap and they both just posture. Neither one goes after the other "really"

Matty
01-24-2015, 11:00 AM

Oh it's taken a toll. That's why he pulls out the race card and whines so much? He is not well thought of!

Matty
01-24-2015, 11:03 AM
One would think one would have all terms in place before lifting the embargo. But, I guess we can't expect logical, well thought out plans from this administration. Nope, Obummer made the decision on his own without the House or the Senate. He owns the fuck ups. They his and his alone!

Common
01-24-2015, 11:05 AM
Its taken no toll whatsoever. Stop living in lalaland where the gop wins everytime.

They have relentlessly FAILED to get obama or holder on a single thing, they have failed at everything. Over 50 attempts and one at the supreme court to end the ACA.

You need to face this reality Matty, the gop sucks just as bad as the dems and neither one of them can afford to really go after the other because it would send both of them into a downspin

Matty
01-24-2015, 11:06 AM
Its taken no toll whatsoever. Stop living in lalaland where the gop wins everytime.

They have relentlessly FAILED to get obama or holder on a single thing, they have failed at everything. Over 50 attempts and one at the supreme court to end the ACA.

You need to face this reality Matty, the gop sucks just as bad as the dems and neither one of them can afford to really go after the other because it would send both of them into a downspin

It it has taken a huge toll on the obummer legacy! Like I said, there's a reason they whine so much!

Professor Peabody
02-23-2015, 05:55 AM

The SCOTUS starts hearing arguments soon on the Subsidies to the Federal Exchange sign ups which was NOT included in the ACA in an attempt to force states to set up their own. The Democrats failed to write a severability clause into the ACA as well. That means if the SCOTUS finds only the states that set up exchanges entitled to subsidies as discriminatory, down the entire thing goes.

Common
02-23-2015, 06:03 AM

Oh wait ...... ??

Then it should have been easy for Issa to find that big pile of dog shit in the phone booth but apparently it wasnt there.
Hanger you cant clean up Daryl Issas attack record, he has none, he hasnt found a single thing in 6 yrs. NOTHING, lol

Mr. Right
02-23-2015, 09:20 AM
It seems all either party can do is catch the other in sex scandals.:laugh:

PolWatch
02-23-2015, 09:22 AM
It seems all either party can do is catch the other in sex scandals.:laugh:

guess that's proof of what they are all doing....when not thinking up other ways to get our $$$....

del
02-23-2015, 09:25 AM
the embargo hasn't been lifted yet.

rage on