PDA

View Full Version : Trading strategies.

Brett Nortje
01-24-2015, 07:13 PM
For a long time now, i have been showing how to forecast the trends to come. recently i showed that seasons bring in different needs, and there are products that are related to products that are needed in certain seasons.

Now, i want to generalize further. if there is a need for something, the price goes up, unless supply goes up. this means, if it is Christmas, then for example puppet shows goes up in supply and price. this is the perfect time to drop your price, as then you will be beating everyone to the punch and making some money instead of no money.

But, why not do some research? find when typical people celebrate their anniversaries or children's birthdays - you could unravel a lot of demand through research and then create a monopoly by 'renting out' your competitors. say you know there will be a lot of playstations sold at a certain time, you could buy in bulk as a group in September, telling them it is for Christmas, then sell in the same month with your own strategy, yes?

Newpublius
01-24-2015, 10:14 PM
That's basically a form of time arbitrage which is a fine strategy and big companies hedge their bets with futures contracts all the time, ie. Minute Maid will buy oranges today and with futures contracts to have a steady supply at a steady price. The problem is that things like Playstations are limited. limited that is, to the number they can sell. You can make money on things like that when they're first introduced and you can stand on lines, find the new iPhone and then resell on ebay to people paying the premium, but it's a risky thing and ultimately a marginal activity.

Brett Nortje
02-19-2015, 12:43 AM
If you were to be a trader, and you want to make some quick cash, you are looking for a company going through changes. if it is buying new companies, then it is growing. if it is growing then it is going to make more products, or supply more services, under two brands or the same one as they have.

So, seeing as how they are spending money, they will be investing into the company they are buying, and it's worth will go up, as it just got bought.

Now, if you see a company buying another company, try to get hold of the stocks quickly! then you can sell them quickly, or, soon, at a profit. this is because they need all the shares to own the company, but, the shares will be going up in price as the business is being bought, leading to scarcity, yes?

Brett Nortje
02-19-2015, 12:53 AM
So, making money quickly looks good, hey? how about other predator type 'vulture' raids? are you a vulture? are you? then this is for you!

Now, if the market is down in America, buy a lot! when companies look like they are folding, they still have assets as insurance, and, they will probably go back up when the markets in china open, as then they see a whole lot of free stuff to buy!

Brett Nortje
02-19-2015, 01:03 AM
When one market is down, there will be interest from the other markets. when there is interest, people get edgy. when people get edgy, they either sell or keep their stocks. so, you want them to keep their slow the market down by buying a lot of something big that is considered a bad investment.

If there are a lot of you doing this, you could share the bill. try to make it steady gains for the stock, yes, so people have time to react, okay? then, while they feel intimidated by this unknown factor, you get a clear run at the market.

Or, you could use the same technique in slowing the market down, and, then, you could raise the prices of your own stocks elsewhere, and, then it will look like certain markets are performing maybe? then, you will be able to make it so that related stock are brought into the fold, and will be invested in, and then the whole market will look like it is gaining! if you set it broad enough, it will make the whole sector take shape, then;

You sell it short! you dump it! then you see it go down in price, panic, related stocks nosedive, and you scrape up all the good deals. then, at your earliest convenience you sell them at your own price, or, hell, keep them, mix them, have fun.

zelmo1234
02-19-2015, 02:40 AM
If you were to be a trader, and you want to make some quick cash, you are looking for a company going through changes. if it is buying new companies, then it is growing. if it is growing then it is going to make more products, or supply more services, under two brands or the same one as they have.

So, seeing as how they are spending money, they will be investing into the company they are buying, and it's worth will go up, as it just got bought.

Now, if you see a company buying another company, try to get hold of the stocks quickly! then you can sell them quickly, or, soon, at a profit. this is because they need all the shares to own the company, but, the shares will be going up in price as the business is being bought, leading to scarcity, yes?

In a hostile takeover yes? Not a tired and true tactic anymore.

many times when companies merge or are taken over by hedge funds, the stock price goes down, because usually you are not taking over a thriving company. It takes time to turn failing of debt ridden companies around.

Get rich quick in the market usually has the opposite effect on your wallet!

CreepyOldDude
02-19-2015, 05:16 PM
In a hostile takeover yes? Not a tired and true tactic anymore.

many times when companies merge or are taken over by hedge funds, the stock price goes down, because usually you are not taking over a thriving company. It takes time to turn failing of debt ridden companies around.

Get rich quick in the market usually has the opposite effect on your wallet!

In the 90s, our oldest son gave us 100 shares of CIBER stock for our anniversary. It was over $34/share. Within a year, the stock price had dropped to $16/share. It continued to drop, too. Every time it started to pick up, they'd buy up another crappy little company. I sold the stock when it dropped to just above $2/share.

Brett Nortje
02-19-2015, 11:16 PM
If you want to make money - and who doesn't? - you need to identify where the money is going, not where it was. if you would follow the stock market, you would see that money goes from 'interest' to 'interest.' i don't know what the technical term for this is.

So, to make quick bucks, you could buy low and sell high, knowing that a recognized name is worth something in the future. to identify new performers, or things that you can bank on, look at the competitors - if they are up then they will come down, and if the company you are looking into is down, selling the same sort of thing, then it will go up as they are nearly worth the same, yes? an example would be panasonic and telefunken, yes? both high quality televisions, and, i hear telefunken is making a come back!

Now, to identify these 'loop holes' you need to set way points with various people you know of or know, so, that they can do nothing but watch a set of like ten stocks move around, and they will get the feel for it. then, they will be able to decide whether something is going through a 'familiar cycle' or if they see the same things happen twice or three times.

If you are really ambitious, you could gauge that the people - you know, like individuals, that also have habits? - were to start buying stocks at the same time each day, you could watch the certain sets for an hour each day, take notes, then move onto another set for the sake of variety, yes? then, you will know, maybe, in a five hour day, like how fifty companies operate, and, know when something is 'down.' that is a good time to buy.

Brett Nortje
02-19-2015, 11:26 PM
So, if you were to observe certain markets, it could take you what, five days or about ten days to form an opinion, yes?

Now, if you were to want to buy currency, currency works off the stock market, and the stock market works off the currencies used, when something is down like seven cents a share, it could be a lot of money if there are a lot of shares.

So, if you were to observe a slight movement on a huge company, you could swoop in for the kill! lots of cheap stocks, going en mass. should i explain it to you? okay!

Now, [1] if something has a 100 shares, and it goes down 5 dollars or rands, then it will be an estimated gain of four [my estimate] 100 dollars if you bought them all. if something has a [2] 1,000,000 shares, and it goes down 3 cents, then if you bought them all you would make, as my estimate, 20,000 dollars.

So, for [1] you would need capital of 100 by 50 dollars, meaning you need 5000 dollars for a profit of 500 dollars over one trade. in [2] you need 1,000,000 by 30 cents, meaning you need 10000 dollars for this trade over a few seconds.

As you can see, it pays to buy lots of something little that is at a good price, than a few of something that is at a worse off price, yes?

Brett Nortje
02-21-2015, 11:18 PM
I wonder what Chris thinks of my strategies?

Chris
02-22-2015, 09:58 AM
I don't speculate in the stock market other than conservative retirement funds.

Brett Nortje
03-01-2015, 11:57 AM
How do you make more out of the same? if you have a ruby, and you are negotiating with the tribesmen, you want to get more rubies to buy more goods, and more goods to buy. this is called bulk usually, but we are concerned with the ruby for say a watermelon.

You have one ruby, and there is one watermelon. if you were to split the water melon and rubies, you would have a currency and a product line. this means there is the same of the same. we want more from the same!

If you were to bond more to the melon or ruby, you could make more of them. this can be done by rubbing them like an urn. rubbing them certain ways will make them rub off or out, but rubbing them the right way will make them heat up and grow.

But that is cheating! we want to make more out of the same! if we were to split them a certain way, could we split them to be bigger? physicists split atoms to give off more energy than they do by turning them into stars. this means that negative energy is released or drawn upon. basically, we should be able to do the same with the melon or the ruby!

If we were to split the melon correctly, we could split it so it grows until it is too small to split. even though this is 'second place,' i will go for it!

Okay, so, you need to split the melon so as to excite the bonds it has. this can be done by splitting the seeds inside it. this will make the watermelon grow out immediately, as, heat ages things, and in aging things they will grow to their full maturity. so, done correctly, we could grow melons out of seeds in a few minutes, and grow babies to full maturity in a few months, yes?

So, we need to find the correct way to split the 'seeds.' but, what about the rubies? there must be a way to split them too? i suppose if we split it at a right angle or half triangle, we could make them grow out from that, as, they are 'life' too, as they are reactive, yes? if we were to 'cut' or emit a beam of laser light onto a angle or point of the ruby - the more acute the better - then we could 'pull it out.' if we were to put our fingers onto the angle or point, and, using some magical prowess, drag it out, we would deplete our sugar supply, but we would have more rubies, more melons for sugar, more rubies, and so forth. to 'drag it out' we need to place our fingers on it very gently and then use our minds to do it.

Now, understanding how it works will help our minds do it! if we were to observe that we want to bond more atoms to the ruby, then we will be diluting it, but, not if we have all the gens family with us in the air. out of the air came the earth, so it is possible to make this work! all we need to do is study how air became solids, and then fine tune it so that the solids are actually rubies or something. i suppose this could be done by with the 'oxides' as they will be solid nearly already. this means we must hold our finger on the point of the ruby and blow onto it, focusing our energies into the rubies bonds and creating new ones. if we have chalk or something, we could rub it onto the ruby, then rub it off the ruby to make it grow slowly. this will leave the impression that it is bigger, but is basically cheating. i think we need to know more about how rubies grow out of oxides. then, understand it, and do it with the power of our minds. the seeds are easy to grow with heat radiation.

Brett Nortje
03-10-2015, 05:50 PM
The market is a great place if you ask me. all the money is credit based, meaning that it is an electronic representation of how many assets you have, or, how many assets you had. the thing i like about it most is, you can make more of this credit quickly owing to you, and so can others even if you do not work as a team.

If you want to take a quick stab at the market, just to see if it is the place for you, you would need a little bit of money, or you could grab some shares you inherited. if you think about it, what are these shares anyways? are they dividend yielding? do they help you in any way? my mom sits and looks at her shares, going up and down all the time, without acting.

Maybe it is a fear of the market? but, what are you afraid of? if you buy some shares, you own some shares. if the company goes belly up then you stand to receive that what you put into it back, yes? or maybe there should be some surety? if you were to offer surety, like 'insurance in the market,' then you could really win people over, as there are so many people like you that are also afraid! so, i guess this is something new i am proposing.

If you were to offer to buy some middle income business shares if they go down, they might just go back up. if you went to the bank with your plan - or my plan actually - and told them you want to offer this, and, that these companies have assets that are still appreciating, then the bank might be able to help you.

In fact, i bet the banks will help do what i am proposing. you buy shares at a price, and then sell them to the bank at a nominal 0.001 percent rate if you are not happy, but, you keep the receipt of when you bought them. if you are insured, and you lose, you take it to the bank to get your money back, so, it will be the bank and you gaining. the bank of course can sit with them a long time and make changes to the company slowly to make sure it becomes a growing company again, but, what is really in it for the bank?

Research! the banks will gain insight into the market quickly and see which companies do not perform, and, they will attract people to invest with the bank. if you were to withdraw money from the bank, of even use their credit cards, then they still score, of course. but there is more to it than that;

Now, the bank will see you pay for your insurance every month until you close your account. this will be a nominal fee, as, they will be collecting information through long surveys afterwards as to what you really thought. it is suggested that you fill these surveys out before you get the 'insurance' and the surveys are sold to marketers and stuff.

Brett Nortje
03-10-2015, 09:27 PM
Inflation plays a role in today's economic climate, and it will probably forever. that means things like buildings get more expensive, and things like vehicles get less expensive.

Today i want to talk about commodities like gold and diamonds. they will always go up in the end, as oil represents inflation. it is where the movement of things comes from. but, with hybrid cars, oil is being phased out. this means, if you live in the third world, it will still be in use by the majority. just a tip!

Back to diamonds. i have created a machine that can make them, so it is a bad investment, so is gold. stay away from these for now, yes?

A good investment that will get you money on your way in and out in a hour or so would be for television advertising stations. they always are on the mend as to when their next advertiser will contact them, so, they are quite nervy. the day starts in Tokyo at 18:00 western time, and 20:00 eastern time. it is safe to say the banks are closed then, but, the orders of the next day are already coming into hollywood. this means that the market is hidden for a while, as the banks in America are closed.

So, it is a good idea to watch the exchange before spending money. what i am suggesting is an app or something on the net that shows how America is performing while Europe sleeps, and Europe is performing while America sleeps. this sort of thing will really help traders all over the place, and, will see the markets grow and shrink respectively.

Brett Nortje
03-18-2015, 07:56 AM
To make money in the same week, if you want to play it safe, first scout your business. find out how much the shares are normally, how many there are and how long the owners of them have had them. this will lead to a understanding of whether you want to keep them or not, but, it is beneficial to sell them to scalp the market, as then you will end up with more capital.

So, if you were a business, and you knew you would not have to pay if they got bought and sold the same day, then you want them to change hands, yes? if you knew that the bearer will hold onto them, that takes you out of the news. the business needs to get noticed! to get the business noticed, you need to get into the journals, as, that is what bankers read all the time.

This could be cheap or it could be expensive. if you were to, as a bank, buy shares in a health care scheme that is big or something, then sell them without telling anyone, you could make sure you get into the news. i mean, the public likes good news, and a big bank buying shares in said business would surely show your good intentions.

Of course, if you did buy shares in a 'charity' then you could turn it into a business, yes? if you owned a mental hospital, you could sell it to make money out of it. i mean, there are a few ways to make money from mental hospitals, like offering to lower the rates on the people for paid for surveys, that you get to sell off, yes? then there is the option of selling time from doctors to these hospitals for information on treatments and results. if you look long enough, with the right frame of mind, there are profits in charity, of course.

How about lost animals? if the kennels were to want to make money, they could sell their dogs cheaply to the elderly, and people that have no human contact, yes? then there is the shelters for the homeless, they could make a profit by collecting blood on site, or, have them read through magazines looking for feed back to the magazine on their best journalists or clothing brands.

Then there is the poverty stricken people. if they were to find jobs, all would be well, but, some lack skills or self esteem to get a job. for these, there is an easier alternative, namely, plastics and glass recovery. if they were to collect plastics, they could recover it into a cylinder in a drum. if you were to heat the drum enough, maybe with some firewood, and, cutting it up with the glass, then they could lightly heat all the parts to melt slightly, this will result in a drum full of 'molded' plastics. to make plastic bags out of the plastic, it needs to be thinner, so, they would need to make it relax some. this can be done by adding things like bleach to add liquids to the mixture, while it is melting together, then using a already working bag to outline the one you want to make. then, you will have a triple or more thick bag! this will be useful for some people that re sick of the bags tearing.

Brett Nortje
05-17-2015, 10:20 PM
To make quick cash, and do it quickly, as everyone dreams of doing, you need to spot good deals. if a deal is too good, it should be because the business is folding or something, but will still have assets to liquidate. this means that like with my dad's old company takata, which is in the news now for a massive recall, they would be going down in value, yes? this is great! get them as low down as you can, and then sell the assets! it is like buying a black bag full of groceries for the price of a bank bag full of peppermints.

Or, maybe that is not shrewd enough? i have not made progress yet, in this post, of course.

Now, if we were to create a new company, we will own all the shares in it. all you got to do is publicly advertise the company, and make it 'sound' big, and make sure your name is not associated with it, then you can sell it for more than it is worth, making you better off. but, this could be illegal, so;

If you were to actually put some effort in, all you need is a new product. your best choice is to go to the warehouses with a few friends that have trucks. then, they will have to haul a lot of stuff at a deal. then, you paint your house, and put all the stuff in the living room. your neighbors will see it, and word will spread through the suburbs you live in, of course. then, the whole community will come for this great deal, and you sell your house with the stuff in it - all houses are worth more as businesses than they are as houses, yes?

Alternatively, you could use an old caravan! businesses on wheels are not good for investors, but they are good for people selling things like paint, yes?

Brett Nortje
05-18-2015, 12:10 PM
A lot of people are starting their own businesses. this is usually people that feel frustrated by the limits of working for someone else, seeing their own hard work crumble into mere documents for paranoid entities. i plan on helping them make their business greater!

So, if we were to find a niche in the market, it is guaranteed that the bigger suppliers take their price and name for granted. this makes them sitting ducks! they need to pay for add ons to the company, like provident funds and special perks for the boss that they have gotten used to, like caviar at the red lobster restaurant every day, and paying like thousands of dollars for a month on company money. there are many things like this in bug business and they need to float it off the backs of others making a inkling of their own takings.

Doesn't this remind you of a pig fattened for slaughter?

Okay, so they are established. they could drop their prices, but then the paranoid bosses that are planning for the futures of their kids, as they usually get spoiled if they are this high up, will see them never give up on a dollar more than they can. this means that you can slice their prices, even though they are buying in bulk!

Find a niche. in my city cape town, there are tons of clothing stores, and they are all imported, so there is room for local textiles, yes? in my city cape town, there are lots of fast food places, which makes for more corrective medicine to help ease the indigestion over a few days. the clothing could be made locally from someone that wants to produce high quality materials - this means two businesses can open for every three isles at the local fashion store, and the medicine could be mixed by yourself from remedies you find on the net, yes?

So, it is easy to find a surplus of something then cater for it.

Brett Nortje
01-18-2016, 12:47 PM
This is where you will find small towns that have empty shelves and big city shelves that are still full - the 'village' small town investments are better due to supply and demand.

In particularly i am speaking about africa. this is because the african small towns are so plentiful. of course, investing in big cities seems like a safe bet, but, due to common sense, what could be safer than investing where there is hardly any competition?

Spreading your empire far and wide would be a good idea. this would be where, let's say you have 100,000.00 dollars? then, you invest in big cities, and get like five percent back from one company, yes?

Then, let's say you take 50,000.00 dollars to spread far and wide over many small companies? these small companies always have customers, as they are spread from the city centre. this means you will make like 20% on each of them, or, something to that tune, making more money without using more money.

Brett Nortje
05-02-2016, 08:36 AM
It would be great if the state and the business owners and customers all came together to form a new body, intent on the livelihoods of the people, yes? this 'forum' could be held together by the courts and hear everything in overtime, when people are at home and can get the 'gist of it.'

This would mean that the people, policy makers and businesses are all represented, and they will require staff devoted to these things. of course, this would require three more salaries and three more offices in the house.

That can be rectified by letting the people pay for something they will be remunerated on - maybe a 0.001 percent of their salaires could go to the state, allowing for more to be done, without anyone feeling a thing.

Or, they could provide for this by raising import duties? this would mean that the state will collect more on people bringing things into the country, maybe by one percent, or less, or so? this could be justified by the rich being able to afford these things, like luxuries, and the poor not needing to even know about it, while playing their trade with local goods. this would mean the rich would have to pay more to import to africa, and that will be reflected by one hundred dollars becoming one hundred and one dollars.

This is easy to d, as the cities will be where the rich live, and, be able to afford a quality service. what is a quality service? this is something new where either everything is insured by law to be replaced by the business or shop, or the state could run a quality check on each shipment of goods, thereby protecting the people from prices for shoddy goods, and, then making the sales 'more confident.' heck, the shop could advertise the quality service in the media, as it is there and available.

Of course, this service would entail opening one crate of buffalo shoes to check the quality of them before they get sold. upon some other policies, they could make it so that the goods prices may be penalized if the goods are not of enough quality, of course.

These funds could be made available for the new body of 'consumer representation.'