PDA

View Full Version : Palin says she’s ‘seriously interested’ in 2016 campaign

PolWatch
01-25-2015, 07:01 AM
DES MOINES — Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin told The Washington Post in an interview Friday that she is “seriously interested” in running for the White House in 2016.

Palin, the GOP’s 2008 vice-presidential nominee, said she stood by comments she made Thursday in Las Vegas to ABC News, where she first expressed enthusiasm about potentially competing for the Republican presidential nomination.

Palin previously mulled a presidential run ahead of the 2012 election cycle, but declined to enter the contest. During the run-up to the GOP primaries, her supporters built an expansive political network in Iowa on her behalf, in case she jumped in.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/01/24/palin-say-shes-seriously-interested-in-2016-campaign/

sachem
01-25-2015, 07:45 AM
I just don't think she has the support on a national level for a serious shot at the nomination.

Mac-7
01-25-2015, 08:02 AM
I just don't think she has the support on a national level for a serious shot at the nomination.

I agree.

But she'd make a great cabinet secretary or senator.

Common
01-25-2015, 08:09 AM
loool ohh boy this is gonna be a blast. Move over Michelle Bachman theres a new nutter taking your primary spot.

Peter1469
01-25-2015, 09:02 AM
She should campaign for a fiscal conservative. The American people won't accept a normal person as president. They demand elite to rule over them.

Common
01-25-2015, 09:12 AM
Cmon be serious here, she with her big mouth running all over national TV and elsewhere has not only turned off liberals but many republicans and independents as well. Her family antics and theatrics do have an impact on some. SHE has no chance and I predict she wont run, its all for more attention with her.

Peter1469
01-25-2015, 09:20 AM
Cmon be serious here, she with her big mouth running all over national TV and elsewhere has not only turned off liberals but many republicans and independents as well. Her family antics and theatrics do have an impact on some. SHE has no chance and I predict she wont run, its all for more attention with her.

Hillary as well. Although the "news" media supports her. Her husband is a rapist and general cad when it comes to women.

Adelaide
01-25-2015, 09:38 AM
I don't think she stands a chance against other Republicans that have mentioned running. She's going to be the Michele Bachmann of 2016.

PolWatch
01-25-2015, 10:02 AM
The 2016 political field:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/89/eb/70/89eb708d3115cf6418305112f3678ef5.jpg

Green Arrow
01-25-2015, 10:14 AM
Ohoho, I have a feeling this cycle is going to be fun to watch. I hope Biden keeps his decision to run!

PolWatch
01-25-2015, 10:16 AM
SNL is gonna have a busy 2 years!

silvereyes
01-25-2015, 11:31 AM
Go bailin, go bailin.

Common
01-25-2015, 11:37 AM
Hillary as well. Although the "news" media supports her. Her husband is a rapist and general cad when it comes to women.

no doubt about that but it should be asked is that Hillarys fault or should she be blamed for it

Private Pickle
01-25-2015, 12:26 PM
DES MOINES — Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin told The Washington Post in an interview Friday that she is “seriously interested” in running for the White House in 2016.

Palin, the GOP’s 2008 vice-presidential nominee, said she stood by comments she made Thursday in Las Vegas to ABC News, where she first expressed enthusiasm about potentially competing for the Republican presidential nomination.

Palin previously mulled a presidential run ahead of the 2012 election cycle, but declined to enter the contest. During the run-up to the GOP primaries, her supporters built an expansive political network in Iowa on her behalf, in case she jumped in.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2015/01/24/palin-say-shes-seriously-interested-in-2016-campaign/

I wonder which is tougher for her... Everyone in American laughing in her face about this or everyone with the money laughing in her face about this...

pragmatic
01-25-2015, 12:39 PM

Agree. Not going to happen and she is smart enough to know it. But attending these events still gives her a chance to keep her name relevant. Which she has very successfully marketed for the last number of years.

Plus she does really have conservative core values and likes to get her message/opinion out.

Wouldn't vote for her but do still like the lady...

PolWatch
01-25-2015, 12:39 PM
I wonder which is tougher for her... Everyone in American laughing in her face about this or everyone with the money laughing in her face about this...

I suspect she is laughing all the way to the bank.....

Private Pickle
01-25-2015, 12:44 PM
I suspect she is laughing all the way to the bank.....

Well that's what this is truly about. Keeping her publicity up as much as possible so her appearances and reality TV shows keep selling at a premium...

Private Pickle
01-25-2015, 12:45 PM
Private Pickle 2015-2016 prediction: Sarah Palin will either be a member of the View or get her own morning talk show.

pragmatic
01-25-2015, 12:46 PM
I suspect she is laughing all the way to the bank..... From her family upbringing and background, would suspect the Palins are cautious/responsible money managers.

She has generated quite a revenue flow over the last 4-5 years. Which i would guess has been rolled into a substantial conservative nest egg.

Plus she seems to have a lot of fun in all her assorted endeavors...

del
01-25-2015, 01:34 PM
she'll set up a pac, take the cash and live on it by writing her whole life off as a campaign expenditure

like every other pol

lol

Chris
01-25-2015, 02:05 PM
pol, lol

Green Arrow
01-25-2015, 02:16 PM
She must have a new book coming out.

maineman
01-25-2015, 03:57 PM
Seriously. the more clowns get into the car, the more they make everyone in the car look like clowns.

I love a crowded republican primary field. Palin, Carson, Rand, Walker, Rubio, Christie, Bush... and more clowns hopefully to come!

Bob
01-25-2015, 04:02 PM

The chattering class just has to have something to say. During her talk in Iowa, I watched for signals she plans a run. Those cost a billion to win the presidency.

Bob
01-25-2015, 04:05 PM
no doubt about that but it should be asked is that Hillarys fault or should she be blamed for it

Hitlary knows if she runs what shit will come her way.

Somebody dropped this load to get Democrats to chattering.

Chris
01-25-2015, 04:24 PM
Seriously. the more clowns get into the car, the more they make everyone in the car look like clowns.

I love a crowded republican primary field. Palin, Carson, Rand, Walker, Rubio, Christie, Bush... and more clowns hopefully to come!

And then throw in the clowns in the other bus, Clinton, Warren, et al, and you have yourself a regular circus.

http://i.snag.gy/pT89j.jpg

sachem
01-25-2015, 04:47 PM
She must have a new book coming out.Possible. She may also just be keeping her name in the news. She has kinda been side lined, she needs to keep in the public eye in order to make money.

Bob
01-25-2015, 04:49 PM
Possible. She may also just be keeping her name in the news. She has kinda been side lined, she needs to keep in the public eye in order to make money.

Works for the Kardashians too.

Howey
01-25-2015, 04:57 PM

That's why they limited their primary debates this time around. Last two cycles all they accomplished was to make each other look like idiots.

Howey
01-25-2015, 04:59 PM
Works for the Kardashians too.

The Kardashians are smarter than Palin. And making a hell of a lot more money.

PolWatch
01-25-2015, 05:07 PM
Hitlary knows if she runs what shit will come her way.

Somebody dropped this load to get Democrats to chattering.

the person who 'dropped this load' was sarah palin. I guess you are saying she is lying?

pragmatic
01-25-2015, 05:33 PM
That's why they limited their primary debates this time around. Last two cycles all they accomplished was to make each other look like idiots.

Its good when folks learn from their mistakes. Appears the GOP did that in this case.

There do appear to be a boatload of names in the Republican pool at the moment. Hopefully the "strays will get culled" early on. Before it gets too far into the campaign season. Four to six is about the most one would want to see when the debates actually start.

More than ever, it is all about money. Both to run ads and finance a national organization. So that should rapidly delineate the true players from the simple noisemakers....

Howey
01-25-2015, 05:47 PM
More than ever, it is all about money.

It shouldn't be. But thanks to CU, we'll have dark money flooding the campaign chests of unwarranted candidates. Again.

Bob
01-25-2015, 07:49 PM
The Kardashians are smarter than Palin. And making a hell of a lot more money.

Smarter? :rofl:

Bob
01-25-2015, 07:50 PM
It shouldn't be. But thanks to CU, we'll have dark money flooding the campaign chests of unwarranted candidates. Again.

Why act shocked. By turning down the public trough, Ibama guaranteed his billions to campaign would be supplied.

Bob
01-25-2015, 07:52 PM
the person who 'dropped this load' was sarah palin. I guess you are saying she is lying?

Good grief, will you show me my post saying she is lying?????????
@PolWatch (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1099)

Your OP said or claimed, she stated she is still seriously thinking this over. She thus far has not announced. I saw her speech Saturday at the Iowa Freedom rally.

PolWatch
01-25-2015, 08:00 PM
'Hitlary knows if she runs what shit will come her way.

Somebody dropped this load to get Democrats to chattering.'

You deny she gave the interview and said she was interested in running? The only one who 'dropped a load' was Palin. If you like to use such crude descriptions of someone you profess to admire, it's your choice. If you don't believe she meant what she said, it's your choice. You know more about her than I do so I guess you know if she lies about her intentions or not.

Bob
01-25-2015, 08:38 PM
'Hitlary knows if she runs what shit will come her way.

Somebody dropped this load to get Democrats to chattering.'

You deny she gave the interview and said she was interested in running? The only one who 'dropped a load' was Palin. If you like to use such crude descriptions of someone you profess to admire, it's your choice. If you don't believe she meant what she said, it's your choice. You know more about her than I do so I guess you know if she lies about her intentions or not.
PolWatch, maybe that makes sense to you but not to me.

The "crude" part was about Hitlary, not Palin.

I read all of your OP. Trust me, a good practice.