PDA

View Full Version : Border Patrol Union slams House border security bill as too weak

Mac-7
01-26-2015, 09:36 AM
It's judged as "window dressing."

http://www.libertynews.com/2015/01/border-patrol-agents-slam-house-republicans-weak-border-security-bill/

del
01-26-2015, 09:48 AM
i'll wait to see what prison planet thinks

liberty news lol

Mac-7
01-26-2015, 10:04 AM
i'll wait to see what prison planet thinks

liberty news lol

Liberty News didn't tell the border agents what to say.

Common Sense
01-26-2015, 10:19 AM
Yes, what much of the GOP proposes is window dressing. It's their dressing of choice.

I like a nice citrus vinaigrette.

Common
01-26-2015, 10:30 AM
I read this mac, you do know its the new republican bill the house put forth right ? This isnt a democrat bill.

Mac-7
01-26-2015, 10:51 AM
I read this mac, you do know its the new republican bill the house put forth right ? This isnt a democrat bill.

You are a typical lib who thinks everyone else is stupid.

I do know its the repub bill.

Ive been fighting this issue with my fellow repubs since since bush tried to push an amnesty bill in 2006.

Common Sense
01-26-2015, 10:56 AM
You are a typical lib who thinks everyone else is stupid.

I do know its the repub bill.

Ive been fighting this issue with my fellow repubs since since bush tried to push an amnesty bill in 2006.

I don't think that everyone else is stupid. I just think you are.

Mac-7
01-26-2015, 10:58 AM
I don't think that everyone else is stupid. I just think you are.

But you are only a Canadian so why should I care what you think?

Common Sense
01-26-2015, 10:59 AM
but you are only a canadian so why should i care what you think?

lol...

The Sage of Main Street
01-26-2015, 01:18 PM
It's judged as "window dressing."

http://www.libertynews.com/2015/01/border-patrol-agents-slam-house-republicans-weak-border-security-bill/ It's almost as bad as what draftdodging traitors Bush and Cheney did to Border Patrol heroes Ramos and Compean.

Mac-7
01-26-2015, 02:44 PM
It's almost as bad as what draftdodging traitors Bush and Cheney did to Border Patrol heroes Ramos and Compean.

I don't think cheney had anything to do with the border patrol and neither was a draft dodger.

But the bush White House treatment of Ramos and compean was disgraceful.

waltky
12-01-2016, 05:41 AM
Border patrol overwhelmed... :angry: Border Patrol Chief: Agents Are Warming Burritos, Buying Baby Wipes November 30, 2016 | Unaccompanied children and families from Central America continue to pour across the U.S. border illegally because they know they will be released into the interior of the country, Border Patrol Chief Mark Morgan told Congress on Wednesday.
He said the Border Patrol is devoting "a tremendous amount of resources" to process and care for these people. He called it a humanitarian mission. He also said the humanitarian mission, which includes burritos and baby wipes, is detracting from the national security and law enforcement mission. "A lot of resources are dedicated to being professional child care providers at this point," Morgan told the Senate Homeland Security Committee. The influx is so large in the Rio Grande sector that a second processing center has been opened. "Each one of those processing centers takes about 100 to 120 agents to man, dedicated basically 100 percent to processing, taking care of the family units and UACs (unaccompanied children)." Morgan said on a recent trip to the Rio Grande sector, the supervisor in charge told him, "Chief, we're going to do whatever this country asks us to do, but I never thought in my 20 years that I would be, as part of the procurement, ordering baby powder and baby wipes.” Morgan said agents in another sector told him that one of their day jobs is to "actually make sure that the food-- the burritos that are being provided are being warmed properly. It takes a tremendous amount of resources to do this," Morgan added. "As the chief of the United States Border Patrol, I'm comfortable in saying…that the humanitarian mission with the UACs and family units, it is impacting our ability to perform, I think, our national security/law enforcement mission. I am taking a considerable amount of resources and agents away from the border to take care of this." Morgan said the problem of illegal immigration is exacerbated by the fact that there are no consequences for non-Mexicans who cross into the U.S. While Mexican nationals are subject to expedited removal, people from Central America are not. "What’s happening with the UACs and the family units, the OTMs (other than Mexicans) as we call them, from Central America…is right now, they know that if they make it to the border, they will be released into the interior of the United States. Generally, that's done through an NTA...a notice to appear.” Morgan said this sends a "strong message" to those folks back home that if you get to the border, we're going to let you in. Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), the committee chairman, said if the Central Americans were sent right back home, "with humanity...we'd dramatically reduce the incentive -- and my guess is, we'd dramatically reduce the flow. Do you agree with that?" he asked Morgan. "Yes, sir," the Border Patrol chief replied. http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/border-patrol-chief-agents-are-warming-burritos-buying-baby-wipes See also: L.A. Mayor: 10,000 Cops Can’t Enforce Federal Immigration Law on 500,000 Illegal Aliens, Even If They Wanted To November 30, 2016 | National Public Radio reported last week on Los Angeles’ status as a sanctuary city -- one of a number of American cities where authorities refuse to enforce federal immigration laws by allowing law enforcement to check on the legal status of residents. In that Nov. 24 interview, Mayor Eric Garcetti said it would be hard to enforce the law, even if he wanted to.
“Wouldn't the Los Angeles police cooperate with federal law enforcement with other sorts of crimes, if you were investigating terrorism, for example, or racketeering, interstate crimes - any number of things?” Steve Inskeep, host of “Morning Edition,” asked Garcetti.
http://cnsnews.com/s3/files/styles/content_30p/s3/illegals.png?itok=y8rLVaug “Well, let's be clear about the scale of this,” said Garcetti, who is considered a rising star in the Democratic Party, according to NPR. “We think there's as many as about 500,000 undocumented residents of Los Angeles and a police force of 10,000. “I would have to stop my police officers investigating murders, looking at rapes, looking at the gang crimes, dealing with, you know, drug cartels,” Garcetti said. “We would stop all of that work if we were tasked with immigration enforcement. “The numbers are so large,” Garcetti said. Inskeep asked Garcetti about his willingness to “defy the federal government over its immigration instructions.” “We abide by not necessarily what just the executive branch does, but what the Constitution says,” Garcetti said. “If the courts have said that in order to have a detainer that we take local law enforcement and a suspect and hand them over to federal immigration officials, there should be a warrant for that. “So I kind of take the Constitution as my guide more than who is in the White House at any given time, but I think that this administration should and will abide by that Constitution, as well,” Garcetti said. “If people overstep the Constitution, we certainly will continue to be both a constitutional city and a welcoming city for immigrants, and those will be our guideposts.” http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/penny-starr/la-mayor-10000-cops-cant-enforce-federal-immigration-law-500000-illegal-aliens-even