PDA

View Full Version : Islamic "No-Go" Zones in America are a Myth

Ethereal
01-26-2015, 09:56 PM
I've been hearing a lot about the alleged existence of Islamic "no-go" zones in America, but after conducting thorough research into the topic, I find it is nothing more than a figment of some bigot's imagination.

This fixation on imaginary "no-go" zones is part of the new neo-con campaign to demonize Muslims and justify the expansion of the failed and extremely expensive "war on terror", and it seems to be working very well among a certain subset of the population, namely, ultra right-wing racists, bigots, and haters. These people will grasp at any straw, no matter how flimsy, if it is consistent with their xenophobic outlook.

If people wonder how a society like Germany could fall to Nazism, all you need to do is look at how the west is responding to Islam. It's the same kind of demonization narrative that relies on fear, hate, and paranoia towards the "other".

It's up to reasonable people to reject this fear-mongering and hysteria, otherwise the neo-con lust for genocide and conquest will never end.

Alyosha
01-26-2015, 09:59 PM
Honestly I would not care if there were Islamic, Christian, Buddhist, or _________________ "No Go" zones with autonomy. That's kinda how it's supposed to be, self-governing communities.

maineman
01-26-2015, 10:02 PM
I've been hearing a lot about the alleged existence of Islamic "no-go" zones in America, but after conducting thorough research into the topic, I find it is nothing more than a figment of some bigot's imagination.

This fixation on imaginary "no-go" zones is part of the new neo-con campaign to demonize Muslims and justify the expansion of the failed and extremely expensive "war on terror", and it seems to be working very well among a certain subset of the population, namely, ultra right-wing racists, bigots, and haters. These people will grasp at any straw, no matter how flimsy, if it is consistent with their xenophobic outlook.

If people wonder how a society like Germany could fall to Nazism, all you need to do is look at how the west is responding to Islam. It's the same kind of demonization narrative that relies on fear, hate, and paranoia towards the "other".

It's up to reasonable people to reject this fear-mongering and hysteria, otherwise the neo-con lust for genocide and conquest will never end.

I agree. It seems as if detention camps for muslims in America is a real wish for many on here. One wonders if those bigoted haters of Islam envision those camps equipped with ovens as well?

Ethereal
01-26-2015, 10:11 PM
With an army of fearful, paranoid, hateful idiots at your back, you can accomplish almost anything.

http://media2.s-nbcnews.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/060411/060411_cheney_vsml_4a.grid-4x2.jpg

Mac-7
01-26-2015, 10:15 PM

I agree that no-go zones in America are not a reality - yet.