PDA

View Full Version : Georgia doing it again ... executing inmate

Bob
01-27-2015, 03:38 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/mentally-disabled-us-man-executed-tuesday-234844163.html

Just in

Washington (AFP) - An intellectually disabled death row inmate in the US state of Georgia is scheduled to die Tuesday, as lawyers and advocates petition for his life to be spared.

Hill was already serving life in prison for the murder of his girlfriend when he fatally bludgeoned a fellow prisoner in 1990 and was subsequently sentenced to death.

Calypso Jones
01-27-2015, 03:45 PM
This guy is a threat to the public and to those who are incarcerated with him. I think possibly the claim of mentally disabled has been overdone. What do you think?

Well...actually, when you look at some of watters' World, you might see that it is more widespread than you could imagine....just they haven't killed anyone yet.

Bob
01-27-2015, 03:51 PM
This guy is a threat to the public and to those who are incarcerated with him. I think possibly the claim of mentally disabled has been overdone. What do you think?

Well...actually, when you look at some of watters' World, you might see that it is more widespread than you could imagine....just they haven't killed anyone yet.

I will try to explain my view like this.

I used to study old death penalty cases. I studied the case of the black boy executed for killing two white girls. Recently a court said the lad was not guilty.

The case of the man that shot President Harrison in the gut that died not long after had the killer tried and executed in days, not years.

The case of the Germans caught in the USA during FDR where they were executed, again in days, not months or years comes to mind.

They drag out executions far too long.

This does not mean I approve executions. I am more of a fence sitter I suspect. I see some killers i want killed upon jailing. Some I feel might have died and been innocent men. I don't want innocents killed.

That said, this guy has the IQ of a fig. I am told my idea of what to do with killers is not constitutional.

Green Arrow
01-27-2015, 04:23 PM
If he's mentally disabled, he should be in a mental facility, not killed. That's just barbaric and entirely unnecessary.

donttread
01-27-2015, 05:57 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/mentally-disabled-us-man-executed-tuesday-234844163.html

Just in

Washington (AFP) - An intellectually disabled death row inmate in the US state of Georgia is scheduled to die Tuesday, as lawyers and advocates petition for his life to be spared.

Hill was already serving life in prison for the murder of his girlfriend when he fatally bludgeoned a fellow prisoner in 1990 and was subsequently sentenced to death.

It seems like he's cognitive enough to have a habit of killing people. Death row since 1990? Good grief Gerogia what took so long?

Bob
01-27-2015, 09:43 PM
Georgia Inmate assuming room temperature. Sweet dreams killer.

gamewell45
01-27-2015, 10:27 PM
It seems like he's cognitive enough to have a habit of killing people. Death row since 1990? Good grief Gerogia what took so long?

Most likely the appeals process which can drag out for years as evidenced in this particular case.

Alyosha
01-27-2015, 10:29 PM
Yes, killing retards, the highest number of incarcerated people in the world, and so much wealth in our richest and yet we still have homeless on the streets.

Yessirreeee, we're a Christian nation. I'm sure Jesus is loving this.

Redrose
01-27-2015, 10:30 PM
If he's mentally disabled, he should be in a mental facility, not killed. That's just barbaric and entirely unnecessary.

I agree. If he is really mentally disabled and apparently dangerous, put him in a mental facility in solitary or in a jacket. The prisons are responsible for the health and safety of the other prisoners.

Cthulhu
01-27-2015, 10:53 PM
I disagree. If he has killed someone without just cause, he is a loose cannon.

Retarded or not he should die. None profit by him living.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Bob
01-28-2015, 08:25 PM
Yes, killing retards, the highest number of incarcerated people in the world, and so much wealth in our richest and yet we still have homeless on the streets.

Yessirreeee, we're a Christian nation. I'm sure Jesus is loving this.

First the girlfriend and in prison an inmate.

When if ever does this dude deserve the penalty meted out by the court he was tried in?

Bob
01-28-2015, 08:27 PM

He is doing just fine. Right where he is at room temperature.

When he killed his girlfriend, he got life. Then he killed again. Think he wanted to die?