PDA

View Full Version : Boner inviting Netanyahu united the Dems like nothing else would have. A huge error!

Cigar
01-27-2015, 08:23 PM
Obama Gets a Huge Win As Democrats Withdraw Their Support For Iran Sanctions BillPresident Obama got a huge win today as ten Democratic senators have vowed to vote against the Iran sanctions bill being pushed by Republicans in order to give the president more time to negotiate a nuclear agreement with Iran.

United States Senators Robert Menendez (D-NJ), Chuck Schumer (D-NY), Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), Gary Peters (D-MI), Bob Casey (D-PA), Ben Cardin (D-MD), Chris Coons (D-DE), Joe Manchin (D-WV), Joe Donnelly (D-IN), and Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) all signed a letter to the president expressing their support:

Read more: http://www.politicususa.com/2015/01/27/obama-huge-win-democrats-withdraw-support-iran-sanctions-bill.html

:grin:

Redrose
01-27-2015, 08:28 PM
Why would you be happy sanctions against Iran will be curtailed? You know Iran renegs on every agreement they have signed.

If the Dems do that I feel it's a big mistake.

Cigar
01-27-2015, 08:32 PM
Why would you be happy sanctions against Iran will be curtailed? You know Iran renegs on every agreement they have signed.

If the Dems do that I feel it's a big mistake.

Sanctions have not been curtailed ... walk away from the Fox Noise. :laugh:

Redrose
01-27-2015, 08:36 PM
You say the GOP wants a sanctions bill against Iran and the ten Dems will vote against the bill. To me that's curtailing or preventing sanctions against Iran.

momsapplepie
01-27-2015, 09:30 PM
TRYING to prevent a sanctions bill. A Letter to Obama stroking him? ROFLMAO! 10 dumbasses aren't going to be able to stop it.

maineman
01-27-2015, 11:06 PM
You say the GOP wants a sanctions bill against Iran and the ten Dems will vote against the bill. To me that's curtailing or preventing sanctions against Iran.

how can ten democrats do anything?

Mac-7
01-28-2015, 03:01 AM
I would rather have the dems supporting the sanctions.

But if it is a political issue for libs instead a foreign policy question they can always find some excuse to sell their vote to the highest bidder.

Redrose
01-28-2015, 03:12 AM
how can ten democrats do anything?

They can screw in a light bulb.

Ethereal
01-28-2015, 03:15 AM
When have sanctions ever worked?

Redrose
01-28-2015, 03:22 AM
When have sanctions ever worked?

Never and when has Iran ever honored a negotiated deal? Never to my knowledge. Sanctions only work when there are consequences for failing to adhere to them. We keep drawing lines in the sand and they keep stepping over them without any fears. We're a paper tiger. I say sanctions, but we need to stand behind them.

Ethereal
01-28-2015, 03:34 AM
Excellent analysis by Buchanan as usual. A conservative in the true sense of the word.

The Persians Are Coming! (http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article40818.htm)

By Patrick J. Buchanan

(ICH) - The Iranians are on the march," warned John McCain Sunday.

"Iran is building a new Persian Empire," echoed Col. Ralph Peters.

So alarmed is Speaker Boehner, he invited Bibi Netanyahu to come and challenge U.S. policy toward Iran from the same podium where the president delivered his State of the Union address.

Bibi will make the case for new U.S. sanctions on Iran; sanctions that Obama has said he will veto as they would sabotage talks on Iran's nuclear program and potentially put us on the road to war.

Why are Bibi's insights needed?

Because, says Sen. Robert Menendez, the outgoing chairman of foreign relations, White House statements sound like "talking points from Tehran." This beloved poodle of AIPAC is always a strong contender for best in show.

"Against the insidious wiles of foreign influence ... a free people ought to be constantly awake, since history and experience prove that foreign influence is one of the most baneful foes of republican government."

So warned our first and greatest president in his Farewell Address.

But this column is not about how Washington would weep at what has become of this Republic, nor a polemic against the corruption of a capital where the currency is campaign cash and national policy is the commodity bought and sold.

The issue is whether Iran represents a threat to our security worth risking a war. For that is where many, including Bibi, want us to go.

Last week's panic was triggered by the ouster of the pro-American Yemeni President by Houthi rebels. Suddenly, we heard wails that Iran has now captured four Arab capitals — Baghdad, Beirut, Damascus and Sanaa.

"Death to America, death to Israel," is a slogan of the Houthis who are a Shia minority in Sunni Yemen. But who do the Houthis view as their mortal foes?

Al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula, AQAP. Our enemy, too.

The crown jewel of the new "Persian Empire" is said to be Iraq. So how did the Iranian imperialists manage to acquire it?

George Bush sent an army up to Baghdad, ousted Iran's greatest enemy, Saddam, disbanded his army, smashed his state, and brought to power a Shia majority with religious and historic bonds to Iran.

A masterstroke of Bismarckian brilliance. And both parties voted in Congress to authorize it. Mission Accomplished! — as they say in Tehran.

As for Damascus, Iran is but backing the Alawite Shia regime of Bashar Assad, whose father, Hafez Assad, was Bush I's ally in Desert Storm.

As for Beirut, Hezbollah arose as a resistance movement when Ariel Sharon invaded Lebanon in 1982.

Yitzhak Rabin would come to regret the consequences: "We let the Shia genie out of the bottle."
Looking over the chaos that is the Middle East today, we see failed states in Libya, Yemen and Syria, with Iraq and Afghanistan perhaps next.

A strategic disaster, largely of our own making. But if al-Qaeda and ISIS are our real enemies now, Iran, Hezbollah, Assad and the Houthis are all de facto allies, fighting on the same side with us.

Alarmists may see a new Persian Empire threatening all mankind.

A closer look reveals a Shia minority in a Sunni-dominated world where Shia are despised heretics. And of all the terrorist organizations we have the most reason to fear and hate — al-Qaida, Islamic State, Ansar al-Sharia, Boko Haram — none is Shia, all are Sunni.

What about Iran's drive to build a nuclear bomb?

Well, Israel has 100-300 atom bombs. America has thousands. Iran's Muslim neighbor Pakistan has scores. And Iran? She has no bomb.

CONTINUED

Ethereal
01-28-2015, 03:44 AM
Never and when has Iran ever honored a negotiated deal? Never to my knowledge. Sanctions only work when there are consequences for failing to adhere to them. We keep drawing lines in the sand and they keep stepping over them without any fears. We're a paper tiger. I say sanctions, but we need to stand behind them.

Iran has been living under the threat of destruction for decades, so the negotiations are not really legitimate. They are just trying to defend themselves, for the most part.

Redrose
01-28-2015, 03:54 AM
Iran has been living under the threat of destruction for decades, so the negotiations are not really legitimate. They are just trying to defend themselves, for the most part.

That region has been fighting for five thousand years, but with swords, knives, camels, horses, guns, tanks, missiles. Now they may have a nuclear weapon. They also say they want to blow Israel off the face of the map. Personally, I wouldn't care if Iran imploded, and sucked all the surrounding area with it, but how far will they go to defend themselves? I know some folks don't agree with me on this, but if they hit Israel hard, we're in up to our arses.

Mac-7
01-28-2015, 03:57 AM

The Iranians have been dedicated to war with and destruction of the West since that moron Carter helped overthrow the Shah.

The Iranians are terrorists and they will use the bomb to make the Middle East even more unstable and dangerous.

Safety
01-28-2015, 07:50 AM
The Iranians have been dedicated to war with and destruction of the West since that moron Carter helped overthrow the Shah.

The Iranians are terrorists and they will use the bomb to make the Middle East even more unstable and dangerous.

Sure they are, they received the best terrorist training from our CIA that money can buy.

PolWatch
01-28-2015, 07:57 AM
Sure they are, they received the best terrorist training from our CIA that money can buy.

just like Iraq & Afghanistan...we do such a good job of arming & training future enemies.

Safety
01-28-2015, 08:00 AM
just like Iraq & Afghanistan...we do such a good job of arming & training future enemies.

I wonder if there is such a thing as "terrorist farming" and if it is regulated....

PolWatch
01-28-2015, 08:01 AM
I wonder if there is such a thing as "terrorist farming" and if it is regulated....

I dunno...its certainly subsidized even if unregulated.

Safety
01-28-2015, 08:08 AM
I dunno...its certainly subsidized even if unregulated.

True, lucrative business, very lucrative.

Mac-7
01-28-2015, 09:13 AM

Thats silly.

the islams are terrorists in their own rite and never received training from the CIA.

Mac-7
01-28-2015, 09:14 AM

Do you really think the Iranians are harmless or are just fer whatever conservatives are agin?

texan
01-28-2015, 01:50 PM
Sanctions have not been curtailed ... walk away from the Fox Noise. :laugh:

Do you do drugs or are you just ignorant? Uh yes its a fact we curtailed them. GOOD GOD!

It is what brought them to the table. WTF head scratching.....

Ransom
01-28-2015, 04:28 PM
This invite seems to have lit the anal hairs of many of our Left leaning members on fire.

Good for John.

Ethereal
01-29-2015, 05:29 PM
That region has been fighting for five thousand years...

What region hasn't been fighting for thousands of years?

...but with swords, knives, camels, horses, guns, tanks, missiles. Now they may have a nuclear weapon.

They also say they want to blow Israel off the face of the map. Personally, I wouldn't care if Iran imploded, and sucked all the surrounding area with it, but how far will they go to defend themselves? I know some folks don't agree with me on this, but if they hit Israel hard, we're in up to our arses.

They don't want to hit Israel. Do not believe everything the western media tells you. Iran wants a nuclear weapon so that the US/UK/Israeli governments stop trying to destroy their country. They instigated a war between Iraq and Iran in the 80's that caused the death of hundreds of thousands of Iranians. If Russia gave weapons to Mexico and encouraged them to invade America, Americans would demand the annihilation of Russia, but when the US and Israel instigate an invasion of Iran by Iraq, Americans don't even notice it.

texan
01-29-2015, 11:09 PM
Obama is scared of BiBi..........................Don't talk don't disagree with me...........................Don't pay dirty twicks on me cause we never do dat to people.................

Cry me a river you pukes........Obama has F'd the world with his absence and retard policy which is do nothing unless I look bad and then make it look like we are doing something.......................

It is starting to come out and his manipulation of the Bergdahl deal is backfiring and will bite him on the ass too. Made shit up to try and divert the VA scandal and F'd this up to like novice.................I have never seen a more disjointed group of idiots running anything this major.

Cigar
01-30-2015, 08:52 AM
Obama is scared of BiBi..........................Don't talk don't disagree with me...........................Don't pay dirty twicks on me cause we never do dat to people.................

Cry me a river you pukes........Obama has F'd the world with his absence and retard policy which is do nothing unless I look bad and then make it look like we are doing something.......................

It is starting to come out and his manipulation of the Bergdahl deal is backfiring and will bite him on the ass too. Made $#@! up to try and divert the VA scandal and F'd this up to like novice.................I have never seen a more disjointed group of idiots running anything this major.

:grin: Still Stings I see ...

Ransom
01-30-2015, 10:55 AM
The Israeli Prime Minister welcome any time, Israel one of our closest allies and I believe the Representatives of We the People need to get the perspective first hand from Israel's government concerning Iran.

I mean, we've got Obama talking heads trying to explain the difference between the Taliban and al-Qaeda, trying to slice hairs and dance on the head of a pin, why trust them concerning the extremely serious issue of Iran. Let's hear him out, I would tend to take his word before our own President's. Sad....but for the last 6 years, true.

Professor Peabody
01-31-2015, 04:35 AM
Obama Gets a Huge Win As Democrats Withdraw Their Support For Iran Sanctions Bill

President Obama got a huge win today as ten Democratic senators have vowed to vote against the Iran sanctions bill being pushed by Republicans in order to give the president more time to negotiate a nuclear agreement with Iran.

United States Senators Robert Menendez (D-NJ), Chuck Schumer (D-NY), Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), Gary Peters (D-MI), Bob Casey (D-PA), Ben Cardin (D-MD), Chris Coons (D-DE), Joe Manchin (D-WV), Joe Donnelly (D-IN), and Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) all signed a letter to the president expressing their support:

Read more: http://www.politicususa.com/2015/01/27/obama-huge-win-democrats-withdraw-support-iran-sanctions-bill.html

:grin:

Senate approves Keystone pipeline despite veto threat

Paul Singer, USA TODAY 6:44 p.m. EST January 29, 2015

Senate voted 62-36 to pass a bill approving the north-south pipeline for Canadian oil that Republicans say will create thousands of U.S. jobs.

Nine Democrats joined a unanimous Republican caucus to support the bill.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/01/29/senate-keystone-bill-obama-veto/22521107/

Huge win.....really? I would expect no less from a politicputzusa story