PDA

View Full Version : GOP to vote on repealing Obamacare

exotix
01-28-2015, 11:40 PM
Today

House GOP to hold first ObamaCare repeal vote of new Congress

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/republicans-keep-their-aca-repeal-crusade-going

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/27/house-gop-to-hold-first-obamacare-repeal-vote-new-congress/

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/republicans-vote-repealing-obamacare/

The House will vote next week on a bill to undermine the 2010 healthcare overhaul in what will be close to the 60th time over the last four years.

This week, House Republicans will move forward another bill on full repeal of the health care law.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/capitol_scaffolding-1024x576.jpg

Common
01-28-2015, 11:42 PM
Oh wow this is a first, its about time they finally got around to try an repeal obama care.

strollingbonez
01-29-2015, 06:43 AM
and then do what? as one of people who is considered uninsurable by private companies i was glad to had/have obama care

do we want to go back to when for profit companies decided medical care? seems most have forgotten those horrors stories of denied care by private insurance companies....

Peter1469
01-29-2015, 06:56 AM
and then do what? as one of people who is considered uninsurable by private companies i was glad to had/have obama care

do we want to go back to when for profit companies decided medical care? seems most have forgotten those horrors stories of denied care by private insurance companies....

We didn't have to change the entire system to fix the problems you identify above.

Mac-7
01-29-2015, 07:14 AM

You have no right to take healthcare dollars away from the citizens who earned it and give that money to yourself.

lynn
01-29-2015, 07:55 AM
Since the mandate is here to stay and won't eliminated ever, then the medical community themselves should set up a medical association where all of our healthcare dollars including the government's portion taken from our taxes that fund Medicare and Medicaid. Eliminate the insurance companies altogether.

Eliminate the ability for stock holders to participate and with strict regulations on how that money is managed. This would allow each state to be one large entity to handle all payments and to pay all providers of care. By getting the government out of healthcare since they have not managed it well and stolen money from us, this would shrink government instantly.

CaveDog
01-29-2015, 08:00 AM
They're obligated to do it. Since they've been preaching it for so long their base expects it. They also know they don't have the votes to override a presidential veto but forcing Obama to veto it will have it's benefits for the repubs. Every time this law causes some pain to a segment of the population the right can point out that not one of them voted for it and they have been trying to get rid of it but the dems defend it. That acts to bolster their support.

I still think democrats are only still vaguely aware of how badly they shot themselves in the foot with this law, politically speaking. Basic economics. You can't expand coverage drastically without having to compensate the costs and those who are affected by that are liable to resent it. Whether the ACA is achieving it's goals or not is irrelevant to the large numbers who will perceive it as a negative for them. That carries a political price tag that may only have started to exact payment last year. For republicans this is just the gift that keeps on giving as the law is phased in and causes more pain for some. I would expect them to make it central to next year's campaigns and they will only act to change it to the degree it's beneficial for them to say they are fixing the democrat's mistakes.

Mac-7
01-29-2015, 08:01 AM
Since the mandate is here to stay and won't eliminated ever, then the medical community themselves should set up a medical association where all of our healthcare dollars including the government's portion taken from our taxes that fund Medicare and Medicaid. Eliminate the insurance companies altogether.

Eliminate the ability for stock holders to participate and with strict regulations on how that money is managed. This would allow each state to be one large entity to handle all payments and to pay all providers of care. By getting the government out of healthcare since they have not managed it well and stolen money from us, this would shrink government instantly.

obamacare is nothing but a scheme to steal from the middle class and give it to the poor.

PolWatch
01-29-2015, 08:35 AM
I guess their plan is working. No one remembers 6 weeks ago....when they all voted to continue funding the ACA....repubs & dems united!

Peter1469
01-29-2015, 08:44 AM
I guess their plan is working. No one remembers 6 weeks ago....when they all voted to continue funding the ACA....repubs & dems united!

The MSM would have blamed the GOP had not voting to fund the ACA caused a government shutdown right before Christmas.

PolWatch
01-29-2015, 09:05 AM
The MSM would have blamed the GOP had not voting to fund the ACA caused a government shutdown right before Christmas.

could be...could also be that no one wanted to stick around and mess up their Christmas holiday, could be their Christmas gift to big insurance donors. Whatever the reason, its done and making a big to-do over it now is more than a little disingenuous. They don't have to worry because some people wake up in a brand new world every day....reality is a 30 second sound byte.

Common
01-29-2015, 09:12 AM

The republicans would never allow that, their benefactors would go bonkers.

Common
01-29-2015, 09:14 AM
Republicans look like idiots but that helps them with some of their broke un rich lower middleclass moron voters.

They have voted to get rid of obamacare 50 times, they have voted numerous times to get rid of it after their Right wing scotus denied it. They are a waste of taxpayers money.

The republican party has been pushed to the right to the point the blatantly vote to screw the middleclass to the benefit of the rich damn near every day and that will their UNDOING in coming elections.

Peter1469
01-29-2015, 09:22 AM
The GOP is too much big government. That is why I left.

PolWatch
01-29-2015, 09:24 AM
I really don't see a lot of difference in either party. The repubs gave us Medicare Part D which benefits the drug companies and the dems gave us the ACA which benefits insurance companies. They both use our wallets to pay for their political supporters.

CaveDog
01-29-2015, 10:52 AM
As I implied, the Republican Party doesn't want to get rid of the ACA any more than the Democrats. It serves both in pandering to their base. It's all theatre.

Peter1469
01-29-2015, 11:08 AM
As I implied, the Republican Party doesn't want to get rid of the ACA any more than the Democrats. It serves both in pandering to their base. It's all theatre.

That is certainly true for the establishment GOP. They use abortion the same way.