PDA

View Full Version : Lynch Disqualified herself

Bob
01-29-2015, 04:17 PM
http://cnsnews.com/commentary/richard-kelsey/lynch-disqualifies-herself-acquiescing-obama-s-executive-amnesty

Some Republicans worry me. Lynch even more. She totally agrees with Obama on how to handle the illegals.

The political reality of the appointment process changed when democrats refused to support the Supreme Court appointment of Robert Bork, solely and expressly on partisan, ideological grounds. Robert Bork was the most qualified jurist in American history not to be confirmed. The shift from opposing appointees on grounds of qualification to opposing them on grounds of political beliefs became known as “Borking.” It’s an unpleasant reality in our modern society when political views themselves disqualify otherwise qualified nominees. It is further evidence of the failure of both parties and the steep decline in substantive bipartisanship that use to permit the parties, on occasion, to simply do the right thing for our country.
This analysis brings us to the curious case of Loretta Lynch. By nearly every calculable measure, Ms. Lynch holds the necessary qualifications to be the Attorney General of the United States. Her resume is impressive, and her career is substantial. She holds political views with which I disagree, and she embraces a view of division and anger on some issues that I find unhelpful to her prospective post. To be sure, if I were President, she would not have been my nominee for the Attorney General of the United States. Unfortunately for Ms. Lynch, she also arrives at the wrong time in history, appointed by the wrong President. These facts have to be considered as part of her nomination hearing process.

Very interesting article that I am sure those interested in legal matters will want to use the link to read.

nathanbforrest45
01-29-2015, 04:30 PM
I'm sorry but at this point in our history she may be qualified but if she is going to lead us into more disarray because of her leftist ideals then we have every responsibility to withhold her nomination.

Cigar
01-29-2015, 04:30 PM
Make a choice ... Holder or Lynch :grin:

One stays or Goes ... :grin:

Eitherway, Onama is President

Peter1469
01-29-2015, 04:39 PM
I thought we voted for change- the GOP is just walking her through.

Bob
01-29-2015, 04:48 PM
I thought we voted for change- the GOP is just walking her through.

I hate to admit it, but you might be right. Not that I hate it you said it, but that the republicans might just run her through the revolving door.

Cigar, bear in mind that when a republican president picks to head justice, a person who won't uphold the laws, you will then understand.

Bob
01-29-2015, 04:50 PM
I'm sorry but at this point in our history she may be qualified but if she is going to lead us into more disarray because of her leftist ideals then we have every responsibility to withhold her nomination.

Did you see Grassley on CSPAN? This crap wakes me up at 4 am my time and I flip on CSPAN. Flake has me worried. There are some republicans who simply will try to trade her for something else. She won't uphold the law. She is a female Holder.

donttread
01-29-2015, 05:21 PM
http://cnsnews.com/commentary/richard-kelsey/lynch-disqualifies-herself-acquiescing-obama-s-executive-amnesty

Some Republicans worry me. Lynch even more. She totally agrees with Obama on how to handle the illegals.

The political reality of the appointment process changed when democrats refused to support the Supreme Court appointment of Robert Bork, solely and expressly on partisan, ideological grounds. Robert Bork was the most qualified jurist in American history not to be confirmed. The shift from opposing appointees on grounds of qualification to opposing them on grounds of political beliefs became known as “Borking.” It’s an unpleasant reality in our modern society when political views themselves disqualify otherwise qualified nominees. It is further evidence of the failure of both parties and the steep decline in substantive bipartisanship that use to permit the parties, on occasion, to simply do the right thing for our country.
This analysis brings us to the curious case of Loretta Lynch. By nearly every calculable measure, Ms. Lynch holds the necessary qualifications to be the Attorney General of the United States. Her resume is impressive, and her career is substantial. She holds political views with which I disagree, and she embraces a view of division and anger on some issues that I find unhelpful to her prospective post. To be sure, if I were President, she would not have been my nominee for the Attorney General of the United States. Unfortunately for Ms. Lynch, she also arrives at the wrong time in history, appointed by the wrong President. These facts have to be considered as part of her nomination hearing process.

Very interesting article that I am sure those interested in legal matters will want to use the link to read.

The USSC has been nothing more than an extension of the Donkephant for a very long time

nic34
01-29-2015, 05:23 PM

Yep, that's the ticket, just keep Holder for the duration. :laugh:

nic34
01-29-2015, 05:26 PM
Cigar, bear in mind that when a republican president picks to head justice, a person who won't uphold the laws, you will then understand.

You mean we need another Alberto Gonzales, the torture is OKAY guy?

del
01-29-2015, 05:48 PM
I hate to admit it, but you might be right. Not that I hate it you said it, but that the republicans might just run her through the revolving door.

when?

:rofl:

del
01-29-2015, 05:49 PM

no, we need another john mitchell

Bob
01-29-2015, 05:52 PM
The USSC has been nothing more than an extension of the Donkephant for a very long time

So you say, so you say.

sachem
01-29-2015, 06:01 PM
no, we need another john mitchellWe need another Martha.

Bob
01-29-2015, 06:13 PM

No torture was approved. You must be talking about using the Navy SERE training.

PolWatch
01-29-2015, 06:14 PM
We need another Martha.

ya gotta admit, she kept things interesting!

sachem
01-29-2015, 06:48 PM
ya gotta admit, she kept things interesting!That she did.

CreepyOldDude
01-30-2015, 12:12 PM
No torture was approved. You must be talking about using the Navy SERE training.

Sorry, Bob, but waterboarding and stress positions are torture. That Yoo wrote a memo saying they aren't doesn't actually change that.

I've had them done to me, so I know whereof I speak. (SERE, during the war.)