PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee - a joke as a presidential candidate

Peter1469
02-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Huckabee - a joke as a presidential candidate (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GOP_2016_HUCKABEE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-02-01-12-58-46)

Believe this stuff- is fine. But saying it publicly in 2015 is retarded. This man is a complete fool to end his contract with FOX news.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee on Sunday said being gay is akin to choosing to drink alcohol or use profanity - lifestyle choices he says are appealing to others but not to him.

The former Baptist pastor, who is weighing a second run for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination, also claimed that forcing people of faith to accept gay marriage as policy is on par with telling Jews that they must serve "bacon-wrapped shrimp in their deli." That dish would run afoul of kosher rules in the same way Huckabee sees asking Christians to accept same-sex marriages.

Mac-7
02-01-2015, 08:56 PM
Not approving of homosexuality makes Huckabee a joke?

Not in the heartland of America.

Peter1469
02-01-2015, 08:56 PM
tool

domer76
02-01-2015, 09:08 PM
Not approving of homosexuality makes Huckabee a joke?

Not in the heartland of America.

No, Huckabee being Huckabee makes Huckabee a joke. Just another passenger in the clown car.

Mac-7
02-01-2015, 09:12 PM
No, Huckabee being Huckabee makes Huckabee a joke. Just another passenger in the clown car.

Only in lib la land where the boys are girls.

domer76
02-01-2015, 09:17 PM
Only in lib la land where the boys are girls.

Nominate him. Welcome, President Clinton!

Mac-7
02-01-2015, 09:21 PM
Nominate him. Welcome, President Clinton!

He will have a chance to make his case.

But it's not so about committing to anyone this early as it is not letting the perverts decide who can run and who can't.

domer76
02-01-2015, 09:33 PM
He will have a chance to make his case.

But it's not so about committing to anyone this early as it is not letting the perverts decide who can run and who can't.

What poster made the comment about your comedic value? They were correct. Perverts? Good yuk!

Mac-7
02-01-2015, 09:37 PM
What poster made the comment about your comedic value? They were correct. Perverts? Good yuk!

The left is attacking Huckabee for expressing criticism of homosexuals.

Boris The Animal
02-01-2015, 09:39 PM
Liberals will go to bat for pedophiles, homosexuals, rapists and other sexual deviants.

domer76
02-01-2015, 09:47 PM

The statement that being gay is akin to choosing to drink deserves both scorn and ridicule. An idiotic statement. But really, I encourage you and your party to nominate a yokel like this guy. PLEASE?

TrixWitch
02-01-2015, 09:49 PM
Liberals will go to bat for pedophiles, homosexuals, rapists and other sexual deviants.

You're a bit of a ill-mannered troglodyte, are you not? It's people like you which give conservatism a bad reputation. You're loud with your buffoonery and make ridiculous assertions and comparisons.

Please sit down and shut up.

TrixWitch
02-01-2015, 09:50 PM
The statement that being gay is akin to choosing to drink deserves both scorn and ridicule. An idiotic statement. But really, I encourage you and your party to nominate a yokel like this guy. PLEASE?

No, it doesn't. Not everyone comes to same sex relations the same way. I've been in three same-sex relationships in my lifetime all of which were by choice and a political decision about what type of life I wanted at the time.

Boris The Animal
02-01-2015, 09:55 PM
You're a bit of a ill-mannered troglodyte, are you not? It's people like you which give conservatism a bad reputation. You're loud with your buffoonery and make ridiculous assertions and comparisons.

Please sit down and shut up.Uhhhhh. No, we won't. We've sat down long enough that allowed you Communists to try to ruin this country.

Redrose
02-01-2015, 09:55 PM
Huckabee is the main reason Romney didn't get the GOP nomination in '08. He hung in there too long and screwed it up for Romney and caused McCain to get the nomination. Now he's going to do the same thing again this time around. I don't want a sermon from my president, I go to church for that. I want a president with a set of balls, who will put this country first and not kiss the asses of every terrorist group out there.

Mac-7
02-01-2015, 09:57 PM

Only libertines think that gays are normal.

The heartland of America knows that gays are sick.

TrixWitch
02-01-2015, 09:59 PM
Uhhhhh. No, we won't. We've sat down long enough that allowed you Communists to try to ruin this country.

More idiocy, I see. If you don't think "gays" are akin to pedophiles and rapists you're a communist. You're seriously deranged and belong in a circus freak show of what can happen when two cousins spawn.

Boris The Animal
02-01-2015, 10:01 PM
More idiocy, I see. If you don't think "gays" are akin to pedophiles and rapists you're a communist. You're seriously deranged and belong in a circus freak show of what can happen when two cousins spawn.

Move to some Turd world Communist cr@phole. your ideology would be welcome there.

TrixWitch
02-01-2015, 10:02 PM

Gays are not normal. They are a minority population. Left handed people are also not normal, but that doesn't mean that they need to be quarantined and not treated with human dignity.

Methinks you've lost a handle on what the Republican Party was tasked to do which is downsize government and maintain a positive economic equation, not decide who can do what, when, where, and how in the privacy of their own home.

TrixWitch
02-01-2015, 10:04 PM
Move to some Turd world Communist cr@phole. your ideology would be welcome there.

You're like one of the characters from Idiocracy. I can only imagine the cupboards in your house, nothing but Mountain Dew, Budweiser, Newports and microwave popcorn.

Go eat some carbs and scratch your ass while your betters discuss actual politics, please.

Boris The Animal
02-01-2015, 10:05 PM
Gays are not normal. They are a minority population. Left handed people are also not normal, but that doesn't mean that they need to be quarantined and not treated with human dignity.

Methinks you've lost a handle on what the Republican Party was tasked to do which is downsize government and maintain a positive economic equation, not decide who can do what, when, where, and how in the privacy of their own home.
Excuse me, but Social Conservatism comes with the package, trixie

Boris The Animal
02-01-2015, 10:05 PM
You're like one of the characters from Idiocracy. I can only imagine the cupboards in your house, nothing but Mountain Dew, Budweiser, Newports and microwave popcorn.

Go eat some carbs and scratch your ass while your betters discuss actual politics, please.Change one letter in your username and you get exactly what you really are.

domer76
02-01-2015, 10:06 PM
No, it doesn't. Not everyone comes to same sex relations the same way. I've been in three same-sex relationships in my lifetime all of which were by choice and a political decision about what type of life I wanted at the time.

I never made a blanket statement like Huckabee. Your choices were the exception.

If you are hetero and purposely choose a lifestyle that can lead to discrimination, hate and humiliation, I question your wisdom.

TrixWitch
02-01-2015, 10:07 PM
Excuse me, but Social Conservatism comes with the package, trixie

Who said I was a social conservative? I'm a Republican. I believe in a strong national defense, fiscal responsibility, and federalism.

TrixWitch
02-01-2015, 10:08 PM
I never made a blanket statement like Huckabee. Your choices were the exception.

If you are hetero and purposely choose a lifestyle that can lead to discrimination, hate and humiliation, I question your wisdom.

Human sexuality is fluid and complicated and I also grew up in a generation more open to alternative sexuality. This isn't the generation of Stonewall.

Mac-7
02-01-2015, 10:09 PM

I disagree about left-handed people.

they are a minority but completely normal.

gays are not.

they have chosen or been lured into sexual perversion.

the republican base still believes in smaller government and economic growth.

But if libs can find time to push homosexuality why can't conservatives spare a little time to push back?

Boris The Animal
02-01-2015, 10:12 PM
Who said I was a social conservative? I'm a Republican. I believe in a strong national defense, fiscal responsibility, and federalism.More like a RINO

Captain Obvious
02-01-2015, 10:15 PM
Human sexuality is fluid

That's a good way to put it.

Thank God for washing machines.

TrixWitch
02-01-2015, 10:15 PM
More like a RINO

Oh woe is you! I'm a RINO because I don't choose to live like some cave person making cookies and gossiping over the clothesline? If so, I plead guilty. You can continue to live like a cave dwelling neanderthal if you like. The world has left you behind so lots of luck with the gay hating.

Captain Obvious
02-01-2015, 10:16 PM
More like a RINO

You feel so threatened, don't you?

Boris The Animal
02-01-2015, 10:17 PM
Oh woe is you! I'm a RINO because I don't choose to live like some cave person making cookies and gossiping over the clothesline? If so, I plead guilty. You can continue to live like a cave dwelling neanderthal if you like. The world has left you behind so lots of luck with the gay hating.It is exactly that promiscuity and lack of moral absolutism that is bringing down this country. we need another fire and brimstone revival like we had at the early part of the 20th century.

TrixWitch
02-01-2015, 10:18 PM

They're abnormal as are people with high IQs as obvious from this forum.

gays are not.

They're abnormal, too.

Sexual perversion is fun. Someone throw me some handcuffs.

It seems to be dying, the small government part.

But if libs can find time to push homosexuality why can't conservatives spare a little time to push back?

Because you've lost the game on it and all that happens now is that you give ground to the Democrats. People need to pick their battles and understand the big picture.

Captain Obvious
02-01-2015, 10:19 PM
It is exactly that promiscuity and lack of moral absolutism that is bringing down this country. we need another fire and brimstone revival like we had at the early part of the 20th century.

Go join a cloister.

TrixWitch
02-01-2015, 10:19 PM
It is exactly that promiscuity and lack of moral absolutism that is bringing down this country. we need another fire and brimstone revival like we had at the early part of the 20th century.

Bring back the horse and buggy, too. That ought to happen.

Boris The Animal
02-01-2015, 10:20 PM
Go join a cloister.nope, this entire country is ripe for the judgment of God.

Mac-7
02-01-2015, 10:20 PM
Oh woe is you! I'm a RINO because I don't choose to live like some cave person making cookies and gossiping over the clothesline? If so, I plead guilty. You can continue to live like a cave dwelling neanderthal if you like. The world has left you behind so lots of luck with the gay hating.

If butt fucking is the dominant culture today do libs still believe in tolerating minorities as they did when homosexuality was illegal and gays were the minority?

Captain Obvious
02-01-2015, 10:23 PM
nope, this entire country is ripe for the judgment of God.

Then trust that it's in good hands.

If you believe, I have doubts you do actually.

TrixWitch
02-01-2015, 10:25 PM
nope, this entire country is ripe for the judgment of God.

If God was going to judge America and step in then "He" might have done something about slavery. He doesn't seem to care that much.

TrixWitch
02-01-2015, 10:26 PM
If butt $#@!ing is the dominant culture today do libs still believe in tolerating minorities as they did when homosexuality was illegal and gays were the minority?

Anal sex is something that women have, as well, but I'll assume you mean gay sex between gay men and I'll say that gay males are not the dominant culture today and you don't have anything to worry about.

Mac-7
02-01-2015, 10:26 PM
If God was going to judge America and step in then "He" might have done something about slavery. He doesn't seem to care that much.

God did do something about slavery.

Captain Obvious
02-01-2015, 10:27 PM

Then he'll do something about all the buttsex that's causing your paranoid angst.

Mac-7
02-01-2015, 10:28 PM
Anal sex is something that women have, as well, but I'll assume you mean gay sex between gay men and I'll say that gay males are not the dominant culture today and you don't have anything to worry about.

I think gays are going to lure a lot of children into unnatural homosexual relationships.

Captain Obvious
02-01-2015, 10:29 PM
I think gays are going to lure a lot of children into unnatural homosexual relationships.

Or Catholic priesthood.

Mac-7
02-01-2015, 10:29 PM
Then he'll do something about all the buttsex that's causing your paranoid angst.

He did once and will do so again.

But only He knows when that will be.

Mac-7
02-01-2015, 10:30 PM
Or Catholic priesthood.

Exactly.

Homosexuals masquerading as men of God while they molest little boys.

Disgusting.

Captain Obvious
02-01-2015, 10:32 PM
Exactly.

Homosexuals masquerading as men of God while they molest little boys.

Disgusting.

And the Vatican shelters and protects them.

How awesome is that?

TrixWitch
02-01-2015, 10:33 PM
He did once and will do so again.

But only He knows when that will be.

Start building the ark now, I guess.

Mac-7
02-01-2015, 10:33 PM
And the Vatican shelters and protects them.

How awesome is that?

Take that up with the Pope.

I would have put them in jail.

TrixWitch
02-01-2015, 10:35 PM
Take that up with the Pope.

I would have put them in jail.

The Vatican jail? I thought they filled that in a few centuries back.

Mac-7
02-01-2015, 10:35 PM
Start building the ark now, I guess.

Sorry, been there, done that.

Peter1469
02-01-2015, 10:37 PM

They still have one. It can't hold many people.

Mac-7
02-01-2015, 10:38 PM

Don't trivialize the subject.

you may think molesting boys is funny.

but the Captain and myself think its an outrage.

TrixWitch
02-01-2015, 10:39 PM
Don't trivialize the subject.

you may think molesting boys is funny.

but the Captain and myself think its an outrage.

What would give you the impression I think child molestation is funny? I think it should be a death penalty offense, personally. Nature is deadly and we are part of nature. Rotten things should be removed.

iustitia
02-01-2015, 11:01 PM

http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/558250/resized_grandma-finds-the-internet-meme-generator-wait-wtf-did-you-just-say-cad194.jpg

Mac-7
02-01-2015, 11:06 PM
http://treasure.diylol.com/uploads/post/image/558250/resized_grandma-finds-the-internet-meme-generator-wait-wtf-did-you-just-say-cad194.jpg

Another speechless lib.

iustitia
02-01-2015, 11:10 PM

http://img.fark.net/images/cache/A/AG/fark_AGs0fUVVsUYSsdUvwX61IUmONVU.jpg?t=QaacuSii4h6 QRickXx8SxA&f=1422853200

domer76
02-01-2015, 11:38 PM
Uhhhhh. No, we won't. We've sat down long enough that allowed you Communists to try to ruin this country.

If you don't sit down, yer gonna get fucked in the heiney!

domer76
02-01-2015, 11:39 PM

gays are not.

95% of gays are born that way. The other 5% got sucked into it.

Mac-7
02-01-2015, 11:41 PM
95% of gays are born that way. The other 5% got sucked into it.

Thats the lib lie.

No one really knows if the gay birth defect exists or not.

domer76
02-01-2015, 11:41 PM
If butt fucking is the dominant culture today do libs still believe in tolerating minorities as they did when homosexuality was illegal and gays were the minority?

Dominant? It depends on whether you're the fucker or the fuckee.

domer76
02-01-2015, 11:43 PM
Thats the lib lie.

No one really knows if the gay birth defect exists or not.

That one went way over your head, didn't it? No surprises there.

Mini Me
02-01-2015, 11:46 PM

I'm sure that deep in the catacombs below the Vatican are medievel torture chambers left over from the Inquisition, and billions of dollars in gold and loot heisted over the centuries, and lots of skeletons, and deep, hidden secrets of the Unholy See. Rome itself just drips with unfathomable evil of the past.

Mac-7
02-01-2015, 11:46 PM

Libs always say that when I slam the ball back in their face.

iustitia
02-01-2015, 11:47 PM

You sure it didn't go... behind his back?

http://gametechmods.com/uploads/images/53263CSIThree.jpg

domer76
02-02-2015, 12:03 AM
Libs always say that when I slam the ball back in their face.

OK. I'll try to make it as simple as I can without crayons. You see the part of the post that said 5% of gays got sucked into it was a play on words. A little humor. But it went so far and so fast past you, twice now, that I had to slow it down to a lob.

Do you get it now?

domer76
02-02-2015, 12:05 AM

He sure took his fucking time about it, didn't he?

Bob
02-02-2015, 12:08 AM
Huckabee - a joke as a presidential candidate (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GOP_2016_HUCKABEE?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-02-01-12-58-46)

Believe this stuff- is fine. But saying it publicly in 2015 is retarded. This man is a complete fool to end his contract with FOX news.

Yup, approve them or be ridiculed. By some at least.

iustitia
02-02-2015, 12:26 AM
He sure took his fucking time about it, didn't he?

I'd still like to know what the fuck he meant by that. Seriously, was Lincoln the American Moses or something?

PolWatch
02-02-2015, 12:32 AM
I'd still like to know what the fuck he meant by that. Seriously, was Lincoln the American Moses or something?

he said he has already built an ark so who knows?

Bob
02-02-2015, 12:32 AM
tool

Don't take it so hard. I don't judge Huckabee by his remarks about homosexuals. I judge him on how he did as Governor and if he plans to put america on the right track.

A lot of homosexuals revert to the normal life.

iustitia
02-02-2015, 12:36 AM
I don't believe sexuality is predetermined by genetics. That said, it'd be nice if the anti-sodomy folks in this thread could put more effort into their argument or defense of Huckabee's statement than "Duuur gay commies hurrr 'Murica". Come on, try not to look like mental midgets.

Bob
02-02-2015, 12:36 AM
Dominant? It depends on whether you're the fucker or the fuckee.

What do doctors have to say about the strange use of the rectum? Wasn't that why AIDS spread so fast?

iustitia
02-02-2015, 12:40 AM
Oh how I wish this were the old days when we could just call it 'sodomy' and not have to get into the specifics of AIDS-infested buttholes.

Bob
02-02-2015, 12:43 AM
I don't believe sexuality is predetermined by genetics. That said, it'd be nice if the anti-sodomy folks in this thread could put more effort into their argument or defense of Huckabee's statement than "Duuur gay commies hurrr 'Murica". Come on, try not to look like mental midgets.

My only statement on Huckabee is why be bigoted. A lot of people think and say a lot of things. He is not applying for the job of homosexual keeper, he might run for president. Judge him by how well he handled Arkansas and what he proposes to do. Ask though, if he proposes, can it really be done or is it bullshit?

Bob
02-02-2015, 12:45 AM
Oh how I wish this were the old days when we could just call it 'sodomy' and not have to get into the specifics of AIDS-infested buttholes.

You can but just like smoking, it comes with health risks. I am led to understand that the anus is super easy to get diseases into. I don't care what Huckabee says about homosexuals.

iustitia
02-02-2015, 12:48 AM
My only statement on Huckabee is why be bigoted. A lot of people think and say a lot of things. He is not applying for the job of homosexual keeper, he might run for president. Judge him by how well he handled Arkansas and what he proposes to do. Ask though, if he proposes, can it really be done or is it bullshit?

I was mostly referring to the posters before you, Bob.

iustitia
02-02-2015, 12:49 AM
You can but just like smoking, it comes with health risks. I am led to understand that the anus is super easy to get diseases into. I don't care what Huckabee says about homosexuals.

While true I think arguments can be made without detailed discussion of buttsex. I think "unhygienic" works and it can be left at that.

Peter1469
02-02-2015, 05:02 AM
Another speechless lib.And you cry that people treat you like a tool....

Make a report that a Mod just called you a dick.

Mac-7
02-02-2015, 05:44 AM

No one has done that.

its just your mischaracterization.

What homosexuals and their straight fellow travelers are upset about is that any presidential candidate would dare criticize homosexual perversion and call it wrong.

Peter1469
02-02-2015, 05:47 AM
Huck has as much chance of being elected president as my dog does. If the GOP picks him it is confirmation that our elections are not free, but managed for us.

Mac-7
02-02-2015, 05:47 AM
And you cry that people treat you like a tool....

Make a report that a Mod just called you a dick.

Is that what pissed you off?

i insist that mods like you obey the same rules that they enforce on the rest of us.

You think you are a privileged character and the rules don't apply to you.

Peter1469
02-02-2015, 05:58 AM
OK.

protectionist
02-02-2015, 06:49 AM
You sure it didn't go... behind his back?

http://gametechmods.com/uploads/images/53263CSIThree.jpg

Where are you getting all these goodball pictures ? (to deflect from your lack of something to say)

protectionist
02-02-2015, 06:52 AM
If Obama could be elected twice, nobody is a joke as a presidential candidate.

texan
02-02-2015, 11:45 AM

Its rarely a choice..................

evince
02-02-2015, 11:48 AM

he will go down as one of the greats.

the current republican party will be known in history for their racism

Peter1469
02-02-2015, 11:49 AM

Really? The Dems are actually more racist. They treat blacks like sub-humans.

Captain Obvious
02-02-2015, 11:55 AM
Really? The Dems are actually more racist. They treat blacks like sub-humans.
Peter1469 - evince is a TruthMatters sock.

evince
02-02-2015, 11:56 AM
um Nope.

Im evince

on other sites I have been truthmatter and deshrubintor.

the only three names I have used in over a decade.

stop lying

Animal Mother
02-02-2015, 12:57 PM
Who gives a fuck what this cats name is? It could be blowme for all I care.

Animal Mother
02-02-2015, 12:58 PM
Actually blowme would be a good name. Peter1469 can you change my screen name to "Below Me" :laugh:

Captain Obvious
02-02-2015, 01:03 PM
Actually blowme would be a good name. @Peter1469 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=10) can you change my screen name to "Below Me" :laugh:

Or "MakeMeABlowmeSandwich"

Peter1469
02-02-2015, 01:06 PM
Actually blowme would be a good name. @Peter1469 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=10) can you change my screen name to "Below Me" :laugh:

negative

charlie mike

domer76
02-02-2015, 01:47 PM

You mean, other than the ones he beat?

Bob
02-02-2015, 02:03 PM

That is a wild claim. Both actually.

The civil rights laws passed and signed by Johnson could not happen but for the effort by republicans. Democrats fought it for a long time. Behind their backs, Johnson talked about blacks in a very unflattering way.

Bob
02-02-2015, 02:06 PM
You mean, other than the ones he beat?

You Democrats had a very good candidate. Not Hillary nor Obama. Why didn't you elect the former Gov. of New Mexico whom had vast experience in Government? Bill Richardson is the guys name?

I bet had you picked him, your side might not lose the presidency in 2016. And it will lose it big.

nic34
02-02-2015, 02:07 PM

I knew we had common ground somewhere peter..... :grin:

PolWatch
02-02-2015, 04:19 PM
Both parties need someone on the extreme end of the spectrum. They are useful at firing up those who would not be interested in more centrist candidates. I don't think they will ever be real candidates...just firebrands for the party extremes. After they get the extremists fired off, they can then be quietly shuffled out of sight.

domer76
02-02-2015, 04:27 PM
You Democrats had a very good candidate. Not Hillary nor Obama. Why didn't you elect the former Gov. of New Mexico whom had vast experience in Government? Bill Richardson is the guys name?

I bet had you picked him, your side might not lose the presidency in 2016. And it will lose it big.

I liked Richardson a lot. I liked Huntsman, too. Don't know why they couldn't get traction

maineman
02-02-2015, 04:32 PM
Liberals will go to bat for pedophiles, rapists and other sexual deviants.

BS. that is absolutely not the case.

maineman
02-02-2015, 04:33 PM
I liked Richardson a lot. I liked Huntsman, too. Don't know why they couldn't get traction

that was my dream for 2008 choices.... those two smart guys.

in 2000, I had been hoping for McCain and Bradley.... alas.

maineman
02-02-2015, 04:35 PM

in your opinion, of course.

It bothers me when people give their opinion but state it as if it were fact.

Boris The Animal
02-02-2015, 08:46 PM
BS. that is absolutely not the case.Sure it is. Once homosexual "marriage" is established, paedophiles will be the next cause duJour for the Left.

maineman
02-02-2015, 08:59 PM
Sure it is. Once homosexual "marriage" is established, paedophiles will be the next cause duJour for the Left.

and you say this based upon what evidence?

Mac-7
02-02-2015, 09:06 PM
and you say this based upon what evidence?

Common sense.

The left includes a number sick people who want the children for sex.

And it also includes busybody activists who need a cause to give their life meaning.

maineman
02-02-2015, 09:45 PM
Common sense.

The left includes a number sick people who want the children for sex.

And it also includes busybody activists who need a cause to give their life meaning.

and you think that the right has no sexual perverts who might want the children for sex as well?

Honestly????

Mac-7
02-02-2015, 09:57 PM
and you think that the right has no sexual perverts who might want the children for sex as well?

Honestly????

Rightwing sex perverts will seek shelter with the lefties after they are exposed because they will no longer have a place on the right.

maineman
02-02-2015, 10:14 PM
Rightwing sex perverts will seek shelter with the lefties after they are exposed because they will no longer have a place on the right.

what BS... sex perverts have shelter nowhere. And they secretly hide throughout the political spectrum.

Mac-7
02-02-2015, 10:21 PM
what BS... sex perverts have shelter nowhere. And they secretly hide throughout the political spectrum.

Barney Frank?

He had a home with the democrats for as long as he wanted it.

domer76
02-02-2015, 10:49 PM

They would like to portray Lincoln as just that, but there's more to it. They portray him as that and, more importantly, point out that he was a Republican. That's the critical thing to them. The 'R'. As if the Party of Lincoln has even the most remote resemblance to today's extremist-driven party. But they seem to think it gives them some sort of validation.

gamewell45
02-02-2015, 10:55 PM

Personally I think that Huckabee is nothing more the "flavor of the month". Nothing personal against him, I think he'd make an excellent next-door neighbor, but a lousy President. I think what hurts him is his inability to separate his religious convictions from personal to public which I believe he'd implement when it comes to supporting various issues in this country.

iustitia
02-02-2015, 10:56 PM
They would like to portray Lincoln as just that, but there's more to it. They portray him as that and, more importantly, point out that he was a Republican. That's the critical thing to them. The 'R'. As if the Party of Lincoln has even the most remote resemblance to today's extremist-driven party. But they seem to think it gives them some sort of validation.

Are you suggesting the party of Lincoln wasn't extremist?

Mac-7
02-02-2015, 11:07 PM
Personally I think that Huckabee is nothing more the "flavor of the month". Nothing personal against him, I think he'd make an excellent next-door neighbor, but a lousy President. I think what hurts him is his inability to separate his religious convictions from personal to public which I believe he'd implement when it comes to supporting various issues in this country.

I don't hear Huckabee quoting the Bible or preaching for Christ.

He is a Christian with traditional moral principals about morality.

And that may be too much for many voters steeped in the popular lib culture of anything goes.

del
02-02-2015, 11:08 PM

you misspelled laughing hysterically

del
02-02-2015, 11:08 PM

yep

we've got your back, boris

domer76
02-02-2015, 11:12 PM
Are you suggesting the party of Lincoln wasn't extremist?

I'm suggesting the Party of Lincoln has no resemblance to today's party. And to make the claim that a Republican freed the slaves is disingenuous (at best).

iustitia
02-02-2015, 11:12 PM
moral principals about morality.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/666/_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

iustitia
02-02-2015, 11:13 PM
I'm suggesting the Party of Lincoln has no resemblance to today's party. And to make the claim that a Republican freed the slaves is disingenuous (at best).

What are the biggest differences in your point of view?

domer76
02-02-2015, 11:14 PM

And that may be too much for many voters steeped in the popular lib culture of anything goes.

I just watched Huckabee three minutes ago, making the statement that his stance against homosexuality was Biblical in nature. Don't need much of a quote after that kind of statement.

Mac-7
02-02-2015, 11:15 PM
you misspelled laughing hysterically

I regret when the unnamed conservative republican thought of that little joke.

Now libs have stolen it and are wearing it out with so much use.

domer76
02-02-2015, 11:15 PM
What are the biggest differences in your point of view?

We could start with inclusion.

Mac-7
02-02-2015, 11:17 PM
I just watched Huckabee three minutes ago, making the statement that his stance against homosexuality was Biblical in nature. Don't need much of a quote after that kind of statement.

Huckabee is a Christian.

if a lib critic asks him why he disapproves of homosexuality the Bible may come up.

del
02-02-2015, 11:17 PM
I regret when the unnamed conservative republican thought of that little joke.

Now libs have stolen it and are wearing it out with so much use.

:rofl:

iustitia
02-02-2015, 11:21 PM
We could start with inclusion.

How do you mean?

gamewell45
02-02-2015, 11:27 PM

Many of his positions are based on his religious beliefs; that's what I personally find unacceptable and as you mentioned may be a bit too much for many voters steeped in the popular lib culture of anything goes. Due to this, he's not a viable candidate for President.

Mac-7
02-02-2015, 11:32 PM
Many of his positions are based on his religious beliefs; that's what I personally find unacceptable and as you mentioned may be a bit too much for many voters steeped in the popular lib culture of anything goes. Due to this, he's not a viable candidate for President.

Too much for many voters, but just right for others.

as for being a viable candidate, of the hundred million or so natural born citizens in America there will be only two viable candidates as defined by the two people nominated to be pres by the repubs and dems.

But that does not mean Huckabee has nothing to contribute to the process.

gamewell45
02-02-2015, 11:51 PM
Too much for many voters, but just right for others.

as for being a viable candidate, of the hundred million or so natural born citizens in America there will be only two viable candidates as defined by the two people nominated to be pres by the repubs and dems.

But that does not mean Huckabee has nothing to contribute to the process.

I'm sure he'll contribute to the process; I just don't see the republicans having him as their nominee.

Mac-7
02-03-2015, 05:57 AM
I'm sure he'll contribute to the process; I just don't see the republicans having him as their nominee.

Its a shame when a qualified candidate is too moral to be president.

Reason10
02-03-2015, 11:09 AM

Absolutely.

TrueBlue
02-03-2015, 11:56 AM

Evidently not. Here's the proof from these University studies:

Americans Move Dramatically Toward Acceptance of Homosexuality

http://www.norc.org/NewsEventsPublications/PressReleases/Pages/american-acceptance-of-homosexuality-gss-report.aspx

"The GSS, which has been conducted biennially for 40 years, showed a marked increase in support of many civil liberties for gays and lesbians. Support for a gay person's right to speak before a public audience increased from 62 percent in 1972 to 86 percent in 2010; support for allowing gays and lesbians to teach at colleges or universities rose from 48 percent in 1973 to 84 percent in 2010; and approval for having a library keep a book that favors homosexuality rose from 54 percent in 1973 to 78 percent in 2010."

Religious Acceptance of Homosexuals on the Rise

http://today.duke.edu/2014/09/religionstudy

"Data from the newest wave of the National Congregations Study show that from 2006 to 2012, the number of congregations accepting gay and lesbian members increased from 37.4 percent to 48 percent."

texan
02-03-2015, 12:14 PM
Damn that politician for being honest and sincere, I prefer them to to lie to me like the rest of them....................Kind of like "you can keep your plan and doctor period." Flat out lie to me please!

PS: whether I like a candidate or not I appreciate one that doesn't hide. Example, I would never vote for Ron Paul but he was direct and honest and I appreciated that, Ralph Nader as well. Honest guys...........BTW it was Ron's foreign policy that I feared the most. You are seeing similar policy now and it ain't pretty.

TrueBlue
02-03-2015, 12:15 PM
There can be little doubt that if it were left up to him he would want this country to be governed by Theocracy.

The Xl
02-03-2015, 12:16 PM
All the candidates are going to be terrible, on both sides.

The debates are going to be a joke to watch.

texan
02-03-2015, 12:20 PM
There can be little doubt that if it were left up to him he would want this country to be governed by Theocracy.

Uh no genius he wouldn't. Be nice if you did a little homework before you posted.............He would not as a matter of fact when he was governor he got in hot water for not being conservative enough at times. He was a pretty fair guy. He just has his religious beliefs and isn't afraid to talk about them. Some of you post like you never get any news anywhere but the DailyKos.

texan
02-03-2015, 12:25 PM
One example since you are to lazy to do research:

http://blog.libertyconservatives.com/tax-hike-mike-huckabee-too-liberal-for-conservatives/

BTW this cost him the nomination in 2007.........There was a pardon or something like that that was perceived poorly by conservatives as well. I didn't have problem with the tax hikes for his roads and neither did the Ark voters. But the retards came out in full retard fashion to tar an feather him on this one.

iustitia
02-03-2015, 12:31 PM
A theocracy is by definition a government ruled by priests. The assumption we'd become a theocracy by going back to fundamental principles and rejecting amoral secularism is nonsense. A Christian republic is no more a theocracy than it is a secular oligarchy.

I don't really like Huckabee but it's a very retarded notion that a man be expected to leave his principles at the door when governing or voting.

texan
02-03-2015, 01:00 PM
Stupid brainless comment by someone that thinks the world started when they started paying attention.

iustitia
02-03-2015, 01:01 PM
What?

domer76
02-03-2015, 01:37 PM
Huckabee is a Christian.

if a lib critic asks him why he disapproves of homosexuality the Bible may come up.

How do you think he would respond to the abomination of wearing cloth madd of two different fabrics? That's in the Bible, too.

texan
02-03-2015, 01:44 PM
Can you make a more stupid irreverent comment? I will wait cause I bet you can..............

iustitia
02-03-2015, 01:56 PM
How do you think he would respond to the abomination of wearing cloth madd of two different fabrics? That's in the Bible, too.
Do you even understand what that meant?

domer76
02-03-2015, 02:35 PM
Do you even understand what that meant?

Tell us about all the abominations and not just the cherry picked ones. They are all there together with the homosexuality abomination, aren't they? Isn't there one about laying with menstruating women? Shellfish?

iustitia
02-03-2015, 05:19 PM
Tell us about all the abominations and not just the cherry picked ones. They are all there together with the homosexuality abomination, aren't they? Isn't there one about laying with menstruating women? Shellfish?
So no then?

domer76
02-03-2015, 05:29 PM
So no then?

I'm still waiting.

Bo-4
02-03-2015, 05:51 PM
Personally, and in fairness .. i would move this post to "Rants"!! :D

iustitia
02-03-2015, 06:05 PM
I'm still waiting.
I'll take that as a 'no' then.

Mr. Right
02-03-2015, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by TrixWitchhttp://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=943984#post943984)Human sexuality is fluid

That's a good way to put it.

Thank God for washing machines.

I'm glad I wasn't taking a swig of this lager when I read that.

Mr. Right
02-03-2015, 07:37 PM

Your precious MSM fell in love with a certain reader of teleprompters.

Mr. Right
02-03-2015, 07:40 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Boris The Animalhttp://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=943907#post943907)Liberals will go to bat for pedophiles, rapists and other sexual deviants.

BS. that is absolutely not the case.

Then why didn't the media tar and feather Micheal Jackson after the second court proceeding accusing him of pedephilia?

Mr. Right
02-03-2015, 07:49 PM

Well, bud... this is coming from a non-R... you're stuck with it.... that is unless the 13 amendment didn't originate with Lincoln. In fact, I think it was an exec. order.

domer76
02-03-2015, 08:02 PM
I'll take that as a 'no' then.

I'll take it that you think some parts of Leviticus have validity today and some don't. That's called cherry picking. While I have nothing against cherry picking, the devout Christian doesn't seem to have, or at least espouse, that luxury. All or nothing.

And, BTW, there are any number of equally humorous explanations for 19:19. Which cherry picked version do you prefer?

iustitia
02-03-2015, 09:48 PM
Well, bud... this is coming from a non-R... you're stuck with it.... that is unless the 13 amendment didn't originate with Lincoln. In fact, I think it was an exec. order.
Are you saying the 13th Amendment and the Emancipation Proclamation are the same thing?

I'll take it that you think some parts of Leviticus have validity today and some don't. That's called cherry picking. While I have nothing against cherry picking, the devout Christian doesn't seem to have, or at least espouse, that luxury. All or nothing.

And, BTW, there are any number of equally humorous explanations for 19:19. Which cherry picked version do you prefer?

Tell us more about Christian theology, oh swamy.

Captain Obvious
02-03-2015, 09:50 PM

I keep telling my wife that during shark week she has to go down and bathe in the river or she's burning in eternal hell.

She's just not getting it...

domer76
02-03-2015, 10:34 PM
Are you saying the 13th Amendment and the Emancipation Proclamation are the same thing?

Did I say one word about either?

Tell us more about Christian theology, oh swamy.

It's fucked up.

iustitia
02-03-2015, 11:06 PM
Did I say one word about either?

Is your name Mr. Right?

It's fucked up.

So you say.

domer76
02-03-2015, 11:13 PM
So you say.

Yeah, that whole boat-that-held-every-animal-times-two, guy-in-a-big-fish, half-man half-god-born-to-a-virgin, water-walking, leper-healing, god-of-both-mercy-and-revenge Christian shit is great stuff, huh? Believable to children and/or iron age goat herders, but not many others grounded in reality.

iustitia
02-04-2015, 12:09 AM
Yeah, that whole boat-that-held-every-animal-times-two, guy-in-a-big-fish, half-man half-god-born-to-a-virgin, water-walking, leper-healing, god-of-both-mercy-and-revenge Christian shit is great stuff, huh? Believable to children and/or iron age goat herders, but not many others grounded in reality.

LOL sure, 3.8 billion ain't shit.

domer76
02-04-2015, 12:23 AM
LOL sure, 3.8 billion ain't shit.

They're all Ark, Jonah, virgin birth, water-walking true believers, huh? 3.8 billion TRUE Christians? Yep. More speculative bullshit.

iustitia
02-04-2015, 12:46 AM
They're all Ark, Jonah, virgin birth, water-walking true believers, huh? 3.8 billion TRUE Christians? Yep. More speculative bullshit.

That's the total followers of the Abrahamic faiths, over half the human population. LOL

And that's obviously not including another 2.5 billion people with other curazay beliefs. LOL

But yeah enjoy being a paragon of rational enlightenment. Pffffff

TrixWitch
02-04-2015, 12:47 AM
It has been a long time since Catholic School but I was under the impression we were not Jews but Christians and those books, what were they called again, I'm thinking, thinking...? Oh I remember now! Had a mental block there for a moment. Yes, the Gospels are what Catholics follow, not the Old Testament. That's for Jews. Granted I guess someone like my cousin who is half-and-half may have to follow all of them but I think most Catholics just make shit up as they go.

Green Arrow
02-04-2015, 03:16 AM
So far, only one of the prospective GOP candidates is someone I can vote for. Huckabee is not that person.

domer76
02-04-2015, 03:01 PM
That's the total followers of the Abrahamic faiths, over half the human population. LOL

And that's obviously not including another 2.5 billion people with other curazay beliefs. LOL

But yeah enjoy being a paragon of rational enlightenment. Pffffff

Oh, so not 3.8 billion Christians. The number is dwindling fast. How many do you believe actually go for all the myths, 100%, hook line and sinker? Ark, water walking, virgin birth. And can one reject those and still be a Christian?

iustitia
02-04-2015, 03:08 PM
LOL, the rate of religious growth is greater than secular. Such a shame. For a rational enlightened one. ERMAHGERD FLUD MITHS

Mister D
02-04-2015, 03:13 PM
Oh, so not 3.8 billion Christians. The number is dwindling fast. How many do you believe actually go for all the myths, 100%, hook line and sinker? Ark, water walking, virgin birth. And can one reject those and still be a Christian?

It's a big religious world out there, son. Get used to it.

iustitia
02-04-2015, 03:14 PM
But... but flood myths! And lepers! Ermahgerd.

Mister D
02-04-2015, 03:16 PM

I kind of liked the "Iron Age goatherders" part. Maybe that's why he has no problem with BO dropping bombs on them.

Green Arrow
02-04-2015, 03:16 PM

You can if you do what most people do and accept them as stories that teach important lessons.

Mister D
02-04-2015, 03:17 PM
If there is a rational argument against religion these days I haven't seen one here.

nathanbforrest45
02-04-2015, 03:19 PM

Please sit down and shut up.

And you are a tyrant who cannot abide by free speech.

nathanbforrest45
02-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Who said I was a social conservative? I'm a Republican. I believe in a strong national defense, fiscal responsibility, and federalism.

Yes you are a Republican like Al Gore is a scientist.

domer76
02-04-2015, 03:37 PM
LOL, the rate of religious growth is greater than secular. Such a shame. For a rational enlightened one. ERMAHGERD FLUD MITHS

What is it in the US?

Green Arrow
02-04-2015, 03:38 PM
I believe in the US religion is declining. Which makes sense, considering our nation is declining and we are increasingly grabbing at each other's throats.

domer76
02-04-2015, 03:39 PM
It's a big religious world out there, son. Get used to it.

No doubt. I've been used to it all my life. Now, thank goodness, we're finally starting to see some pushback in this country. About time

Mister D
02-04-2015, 03:52 PM
No doubt. I've been used to it all my life. Now, thank goodness, we're finally starting to see some pushback in this country. About time

Push back in the form of greed, narcissism, self indulgence. Great stuff. Pat yourself on the back.

Green Arrow
02-04-2015, 04:02 PM

Yeah, instead of this:

http://a2.files.biography.com/image/upload/c_fill,dpr_1.0,g_face,h_300,q_80,w_300/MTE1ODA0OTcxODAxNTQ0MjA1.jpg

http://rfiea.fr/sites/default/files/imagecache/portrait-grand/publications/gandhi.jpg

http://a4.files.biography.com/image/upload/c_fill,dpr_1.0,g_face,h_300,q_80,w_300/MTE5NTU2MzE2MjgwNDg5NDgz.jpg

You get this:

http://thomaszinsavage.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ronald-mcdonald1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rIe5u1c.jpg

http://christophercantwell.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Michael-Brown-Tamir-Rice-Eric-Garner.jpg

That's like trading this:

https://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/manning-2.gif?w=450&h=290

For this:

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/3754087/stillbetterthancassel.0_standard_709.0.gif

In other words...great move, genius.

domer76
02-04-2015, 05:14 PM
Push back in the form of greed, narcissism, self indulgence. Great stuff. Pat yourself on the back.

Horse pucky. In the form of equal treatment under the law. You can't possibly opppse that, can you?

domer76
02-04-2015, 05:22 PM

Horse pucky. In the form of equal treatment under the law. You can't possibly opppse that, can you?

domer76
02-04-2015, 05:24 PM
Yeah, instead of this:

http://a2.files.biography.com/image/upload/c_fill,dpr_1.0,g_face,h_300,q_80,w_300/MTE1ODA0OTcxODAxNTQ0MjA1.jpg

http://rfiea.fr/sites/default/files/imagecache/portrait-grand/publications/gandhi.jpg

http://a4.files.biography.com/image/upload/c_fill,dpr_1.0,g_face,h_300,q_80,w_300/MTE5NTU2MzE2MjgwNDg5NDgz.jpg

You get this:

http://thomaszinsavage.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ronald-mcdonald1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rIe5u1c.jpg

http://christophercantwell.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Michael-Brown-Tamir-Rice-Eric-Garner.jpg

That's like trading this:

https://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/manning-2.gif?w=450&h=290

For this:

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/3754087/stillbetterthancassel.0_standard_709.0.gif

In other words...great move, genius.

You do realize that, to the true Christian, Gandhi is in hell.

Green Arrow
02-04-2015, 07:27 PM

I've heard just as many true Christians say he is not, as I've heard say he is. Christianity is not a monolithic hive mind.

TrixWitch
02-04-2015, 07:34 PM

That's about as likely to happen as an immaculate conception. Laws don't change man's nature. They punish what he's too stupid to be able to get away with.

TrixWitch
02-04-2015, 07:36 PM

What's a "true Christian"? I'll bet you couldn't define it with any accuracy to save your life.

What's a true Muslim or a true Hindu? What's a true human? You might as well ask yourself that one first.

iustitia
02-04-2015, 08:26 PM
As a Christian I don't even believe in "Hell". It's a non-bibllical pagan concept.

Alyosha
02-04-2015, 08:48 PM
Hell is an amalgamation of the underworld found in Hellenistic culture with that of the Romans. Jewish tradition does not have a Hell concept only an etherworld and early Christianity did not likewise.

It wasn't until the middle ages that Hell as a place of fire and brimstone was first introduced, patched together from 4 loose translations of passages referring to a garbage dump and desire.

iustitia
02-04-2015, 08:51 PM
^That.

Mister D
02-04-2015, 08:51 PM

What compels non-Christians to tell Christians what they're supposed to believe?

iustitia
02-04-2015, 08:52 PM
^This too

Green Arrow
02-04-2015, 09:12 PM
What compels non-Christians to tell Christians what they're supposed to believe?

Arrogance and hubris.

Bob
02-04-2015, 09:19 PM
Hell is an amalgamation of the underworld found in Hellenistic culture with that of the Romans. Jewish tradition does not have a Hell concept only an etherworld and early Christianity did not likewise.

It wasn't until the middle ages that Hell as a place of fire and brimstone was first introduced, patched together from 4 loose translations of passages referring to a garbage dump and desire.

Latter-day revelations speak of hell in at least two ways. First, it is another name for spirit prison, a temporary place in the postmortal world for those who died without a knowledge of the truth or those who were disobedient in mortality. Second, it is the permanent location of Satan (https://www.lds.org/topics/satan?lang=eng) and his followers and the sons of perdition, who are not redeemed by the Atonement of Jesus Christ (https://www.lds.org/topics/atonement-of-jesus-christ?lang=eng).

https://www.lds.org/topics/hell?lang=eng

Green Arrow
02-04-2015, 09:20 PM
I don't believe in Hell.

Peter1469
02-04-2015, 09:42 PM

Something had to replace reincarnation when that was tossed out.

domer76
02-04-2015, 11:38 PM
What's a "true Christian"? I'll bet you couldn't define it with any accuracy to save your life.

What's a true Muslim or a true Hindu? What's a true human? You might as well ask yourself that one first.

I do believe a Christian is anyone that believes the Jesus fella was the son of god. Isn't that the only requirement for membership? Now, a lot of those Christians probably also think there's a place in their heaven for a Gandhi. But I also know for a fact by reading forums like this, that there are those Christians that "know" Gandhi is in hell because he did not hold that the Jesus guy was the son of god. They consider the first group as Christians in name only. Not true Christians. Answer one question for once. Do you also hold that view?

The other? I don't give a flying shit what a true Hindu or Muslim is because I don't live among them nor do I see them as a threat to equal treatment under the law as I have witnessed in our "Christian" community.

A true human? Do you pride yourself on a stupid question like that?

domer76
02-04-2015, 11:39 PM

So you buy those third grade mentality stories? Pitiable.

iustitia
02-04-2015, 11:45 PM
Ermahgerd, 92% of the world believe pitiable third grade mentality stories! Raaaage.

domer76
02-04-2015, 11:49 PM
You can if you do what most people do and accept them as stories that teach important lessons.

Now we're getting somewhere. Of course they are stories that teach important lessons. I'm referring to the literalists, which I would bet our Huckabee is to a great degree. Those that truly believe in the myth of the Ark and Jonah and all the other children's stories.

domer76
02-04-2015, 11:51 PM
If there is a rational argument against religion these days I haven't seen one here.

Westboro Baptist Church? They LOVE that Leviticus thing ya' know. Sound like you might, too.

Alyosha
02-04-2015, 11:51 PM
I do believe a Christian is anyone that believes the Jesus fella was the son of god. Isn't that the only requirement for membership? Now, a lot of those Christians probably also think there's a place in their heaven for a Gandhi. But I also know for a fact by reading forums like this, that there are those Christians that "know" Gandhi is in hell because he did not hold that the Jesus guy was the son of god. They consider the first group as Christians in name only. Not true Christians. Answer one question for once. Do you also hold that view?

The other? I don't give a flying shit what a true Hindu or Muslim is because I don't live among them nor do I see them as a threat to equal treatment under the law as I have witnessed in our "Christian" community.

A true human? Do you pride yourself on a stupid question like that?

Has anyone ever talked to you about your anger management issues? If not, consider it done. You and protectionist need to attend meetings.

domer76
02-04-2015, 11:53 PM
I believe in the US religion is declining. Which makes sense, considering our nation is declining and we are increasingly grabbing at each other's throats.

Yeah, I've heard similar BS from the so-called Christians. That our schools started declining the instant they stopped reading the Bible in class. That connection is laughable, too.

domer76
02-04-2015, 11:57 PM
I've heard just as many true Christians say he is not, as I've heard say he is. Christianity is not a monolithic hive mind.

I've seen 'true' Christians state those others are not. CINOs.

Being a Christian is not black and white? Either you're a Christian or you're not, aren't you? Are there semi-Christians. Perhaps there are. Kinda like Episcopalians. Almost a Catholic.

domer76
02-04-2015, 11:58 PM
That's about as likely to happen as an immaculate conception. Laws don't change man's nature. They punish what he's too stupid to be able to get away with.

We can agree on that. You can't change someone's mind, but you can, and should, punish the shit out of his actions.

Alyosha
02-05-2015, 12:00 AM

Being a Christian is not black and white? Either you're a Christian or you're not, aren't you? Are there semi-Christians. Perhaps there are. Kinda like Episcopalians. Almost a Catholic.
Ethereal ^^ This is exactly what I mean. This is not satire and can go on and on and on. Let me classify and generalize about any other group of people and the bedshitting would commence.

domer76
02-05-2015, 12:01 AM
As a Christian I don't even believe in "Hell". It's a non-bibllical pagan concept.
Hmmm. Hell is in the NT. You must be one of those Christians that doesn't believe the Bible is the inerrant word of God. Good for you.

Alyosha
02-05-2015, 12:03 AM
Hmmm. Hell is in the NT. You must be one of those Christians that doesn't believe the Bible in the inerrant word of God. Good for you.

Hell is nowhere in the Gospels if you read Koine. There references are vague and use either Hellenistic terms or are poetic.

domer76
02-05-2015, 12:03 AM

Mark, Matthew and Luke has Hell. Was the translation effed up?

domer76
02-05-2015, 12:05 AM

I'm not the one claiming Gandhi is in Hell. That comes from the statements of Christians themselves. I think Gandhi is merely dead. Where do you believe he is?

Alyosha
02-05-2015, 12:11 AM

Start a thread and we'll go through each verse, but there was no concept of "hell" as we know it then.

Green Arrow
Now we're getting somewhere. Of course they are stories that teach important lessons. I'm referring to the literalists, which I would bet our Huckabee is to a great degree. Those that truly believe in the myth of the Ark and Jonah and all the other children's stories.

I don't encounter a whole lot of those, and I live in Tennessee. So, that suggests to me that those people are a minority.

iustitia
The only person talking about Gandhi in Hell is the apparent atheist.

Green Arrow
02-05-2015, 12:12 AM

There are over 30,000 denominations of Christianity, all with different ideas on what the Bible says. So, yeah, I'd say just like any other group, Christians are not just black and white but exist in many shades of grey.

domer76
02-05-2015, 12:14 AM
Ermahgerd, 92% of the world believe pitiable third grade mentality stories! Raaaage.

92%. Did you pull that number out of your ass, too?

If 92% of the world believes that a man can build a boat big enough to hold every animal in the world times two, house them, feed them, clean up after them, keep them from eating each other and then release them to populate the world as it is today, then we've got a major fucking problem in this world with ignorance and gullibility.

Tell me though. How did a couple of wombats, platypus, koalas get off the boat in Turkey and travel all the way to Australia without either dying first and then waiting to procreate when they got there? Pretty effing slow animals. Must have taken a long time. Weird that there's no offspring at all until they got to Sydney, huh? Celibate until Australia.

iustitia
02-05-2015, 12:16 AM
LOL Ermahgerd only 8% of the world are atheists?! Bring up the marsupials and monotremes!

domer76
02-05-2015, 12:19 AM
Has anyone ever talked to you about your anger management issues? If not, consider it done. You and @protectionist (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1054) need to attend meetings.

Just wondering out loud why not a one of you has really answered any of the questions. Every response is pretty diversionary. Just like yours.

The point I'm making in the context of this topic is this country doesn't need the mentality of a Huckabee, where his concept of homosexuality, as well as other issues, is Biblically driven. His are the bakers and wedding business people who would deprive people of equal treatment under the law because a book written by bronze age goat fuckers is his guiding principle, the law be damned. And those same bigots are losing their historical privilege. It's about time.

Green Arrow
02-05-2015, 12:25 AM
Just wondering out loud why not a one of you has really answered any of the questions. Every response is pretty diversionary. Just like yours.

What questions haven't been answered? Looks to me like all of your questions have been answered.

Bob
02-05-2015, 12:27 AM
Yeah, I've heard similar BS from the so-called Christians. That our schools started declining the instant they stopped reading the Bible in class. That connection is laughable, too.

When did you read the bible at a public school?

Having went to public school in CA, I never saw any teacher use the bible to teach students. We are talking back to the WW2 era for me.

domer76
02-05-2015, 12:29 AM
Hell is nowhere in the Gospels if you read Koine. There references are vague and use either Hellenistic terms or are poetic.

I'll ask again. So the translations are effed up? Because these two seem pretty specific and very fire and brimstone.

Matt. 10:28, "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell."
Mark 9:43, "And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than with two hands to go tohell, to the unquenchable fire."

I guess all those preachers for all those centuries were wrong and you are correct. The unstopping drumbeat of Christianity that I've heard all my life is that you go to heaven if your good, if you believe in God and Jesus, and accept the latter as your God and Savior. Oh, and the repent thing, too. Am I wrong that those are the keys to heaven?

And the converse of Christianity is that if you reject those membership requirements, you're bound for an eternity in a burning, torturous hell.

If those aren't true, I guess someone's been lying to all of us these centuries. That someone couldn't be organized religion, could it?

iustitia
02-05-2015, 12:30 AM
Ermahgerd copy and paste

Bob
02-05-2015, 12:31 AM

The point I'm making in the context of this topic is this country doesn't need the mentality of a Huckabee, where his concept of homosexuality, as well as other issues, is Biblically driven. His are the bakers and wedding business people who would deprive people of equal treatment under the law because a book written by bronze age goat fuckers is his guiding principle, the law be damned. And those same bigots are losing their historical privilege. It's about time.

Huckabee will never please everybody. Are you 100 percent sold on Obama?

Huckabee is not wanting to make law, he only wants the job of upholding the law. He was heavily supported in Arkansas as was Bill Clinton. Seems the state worked out very well.

domer76
02-05-2015, 12:31 AM
The only person talking about Gandhi in Hell is the apparent atheist.

You guys are the masters of diversion. I say Gandhi is dead. Pretty clear on that. The Christians claim he can't go to heaven because your Jesus is not his savior. Correct or not?

iustitia
02-05-2015, 12:35 AM
Nobody goes to Heaven either, atheist. LOL

domer76
02-05-2015, 12:37 AM
There are over 30,000 denominations of Christianity, all with different ideas on what the Bible says. So, yeah, I'd say just like any other group, Christians are not just black and white but exist in many shades of grey.

I've seen people jumping on me for ignoring the sheer numbers (3.8 billion and 92% of the world, so far) and telling me that I'm wrong because how could 3.8 billion be wrong.

Now, every one of those 30,000 must believe they are the true denomination, mustn't they? Otherwise, what's the point? So, which one, if any, do you suppose is correct?

domer76
02-05-2015, 12:39 AM
LOL Ermahgerd only 8% of the world are atheists?! Bring up the marsupials and monotremes!
So, you DO believe that Ark bullshit! Amazing! What did Santa bring you for Christmas?

I see you still haven't addressed the questions. Still diverting. What's wrong? No game?

iustitia
02-05-2015, 12:40 AM
I've seen people jumping on me for ignoring the sheer numbers (3.8 billion and 92% of the world, so far) and telling me that I'm wrong because how could 3.8 billion be wrong.

Now, every one of those 30,000 must believe they are the true denomination, mustn't they? Otherwise, what's the point? So, which one, if any, do you suppose is correct?

Green Arrow is a Pagan/Jew. Why the fuck do you want him to choose the true Christian denomination? LOL

Green Arrow
02-05-2015, 12:40 AM

I think all of them are correct, and none of them are correct. Nobody gets it 100% right, regardless of what they believe. But, I also believe there is truth, even the smallest speck, in everything.

domer76
02-05-2015, 12:48 AM
What questions haven't been answered? Looks to me like all of your questions have been answered.

We've touched upon the stories in the Bible, which I portray as myths and then get ridiculed for pointing out. That 3.8 billion people and 92% of the world say I'm incorrect.

My questions are multiple to those making those posts. How do you know those numbers are correct or are you pulling them out of your ass? And the ones who have chosen to mock my questions about the Ark, you must be literalists, so how do you explain the realities? To the question of denominations, how could all but one be wrong?

Arrogance and hubris were pointed at me earlier. Hardly anyone with more sanctimonious and diversionary bullshit than a Christian literalist who won't discuss the precepts of their own religion.

Peter1469
02-05-2015, 12:50 AM
@Ethereal (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=870) ^^ This is exactly what I mean. This is not satire and can go on and on and on. Let me classify and generalize about any other group of people and the bedshitting would commence.
That is very different than what he did.

domer76
02-05-2015, 12:53 AM
When did you read the bible at a public school?

Having went to public school in CA, I never saw any teacher use the bible to teach students. We are talking back to the WW2 era for me.

Teachers read from the Bible every morning in my grade school until about 1963. The Warren Court told them to stop. Funny, it made not one bit of difference in the performance of anyone.

Peter1469
02-05-2015, 12:54 AM

The Bible we read today has been translated many times from the original. You are not reading what was written. Sorry.

domer76
02-05-2015, 12:54 AM
Ermahgerd copy and paste

Yeah, they're from your book. But I see no cogent response to it's content. I've notice that's pretty common when one has nothing.

iustitia
02-05-2015, 12:55 AM
Yeah, they're from your book. But I see no cogent response to it's content. I've notice that's pretty common when one has nothing.

Yours too, you just don't know it. :afro:

Green Arrow
02-05-2015, 12:56 AM
We've touched upon the stories in the Bible, which I portray as myths and then get ridiculed for pointing out. That 3.8 billion people and 92% of the world say I'm incorrect.

My questions are multiple to those making those posts. How do you know those numbers are correct or are you pulling them out of your ass? And the ones who have chosen to mock my questions about the Ark, you must be literalists, so how do you explain the realities? To the question of denominations, how could all but one be wrong?

Arrogance and hubris were pointed at me earlier. Hardly anyone with more sanctimonious and diversionary bullshit than a Christian literalist who won't discuss the precepts of their own religion.

I'm not a Christian literalist, or even just a plain old Christian, so slow your roll. iustitia's point was that 92% of the global population believes in a religion of some kind.

domer76
02-05-2015, 12:56 AM
Huckabee will never please everybody. Are you 100 percent sold on Obama?

Huckabee is not wanting to make law, he only wants the job of upholding the law. He was heavily supported in Arkansas as was Bill Clinton. Seems the state worked out very well.

No, hell no, I'm not sold 100% on Obama. But the gist of this thread is the joke that Huckabee is as a candidate. And a major part of that is his theology.

domer76
02-05-2015, 12:57 AM
Green Arrow is a Pagan/Jew. Why the fuck do you want him to choose the true Christian denomination? LOL

He seems to be more capable than you of a cogent response.

domer76
02-05-2015, 12:59 AM
The Bible we read today has been translated many times from the original. You are not reading what was written. Sorry.

Then who is? Is the answer nobody?

Peter1469
02-05-2015, 01:04 AM
Then who is? Is the answer nobody?

Incorrect. Had you been paying attention you would have noticed that some people read the ancient languages that the Bible was written in.

Bob
02-05-2015, 01:46 AM
No, hell no, I'm not sold 100% on Obama. But the gist of this thread is the joke that Huckabee is as a candidate. And a major part of that is his theology.

Huckabee is proven to not turn government into church. He did not even turn TV into church on FOX.

Green Arrow
02-05-2015, 01:48 AM

You've been fooled if you think Huckabee actually believes the nonsense he spews. It's an appeal to the social conservatives he thinks he needs to win the presidency, nothing more.

Alyosha
02-05-2015, 01:54 AM
There are two words used in the Gospels that have been translated as "Hell" by some Christians: Gehenna (a literal place that was a valley outside of Jerusalem where garbage was thrown and set on fire) and Hades, a place everyone went to after death. In Peter "Tartarus" is used but Peter is iffy anyway. In the Torah "Sheol" is used, but that's still not "Hell".

There are references to burning (epithumia) but that's not the same as fire (pur).

Mac-7
02-05-2015, 06:28 AM
Teachers read from the Bible every morning in my grade school until about 1963. The Warren Court told them to stop.

Funny, it made not one bit of difference in the performance of anyone.

Except that today children bring guns to those godless classrooms and kill as many students and teachers as they can.