PDA

View Full Version : U.S. consumer spending in December weakest since 2009

Common
02-02-2015, 02:12 PM
THis is what happens when wages are 15 yrs behind, people cant afford to buy our corps chinese garbage.

U.S. consumer spending recorded its biggest decline since late 2009 in December with households saving the extra cash from cheaper gasoline.

Other data on Monday showed factory activity cooled in January, suggesting the economy may have entered the new year on a slightly softer footing than had been expected.
Nevertheless, upbeat and cash-flush consumers are expected to step-up spending and buoy the economy this year.
"The consumer is poised to do well in early 2015. Lower gasoline prices are going to provide a big lift to consumption," said Ryan Sweet, a senior economist at Moody's Analytics in West Chester, Pennsylvania.

The Commerce Department said consumer spending, which accounts for more than two-thirds of U.S. economic activity, fell 0.3 percent after gaining 0.5 percent in November and 0.3 percent in October.
The drop, the largest since September 2009, reflected a decline in spending at service stations as gasoline prices fell, as well as weak auto receipts and weather-related softness in demand for utilities.
The spending data was included in Friday's fourth-quarter gross domestic product report, which showed the economy growing at a 2.6 percent annual pace, with consumer spending rising at a brisk 4.3 percent rate - the fastest since 2006.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/02/us-usa-economy-spending-idUSKBN0L619N20150202

Cigar
02-02-2015, 02:16 PM
THis is what happens when wages are 15 yrs behind, people cant afford to buy our corps chinese garbage.

U.S. consumer spending recorded its biggest decline since late 2009 in December with households saving the extra cash from cheaper gasoline.

Other data on Monday showed factory activity cooled in January, suggesting the economy may have entered the new year on a slightly softer footing than had been expected.
Nevertheless, upbeat and cash-flush consumers are expected to step-up spending and buoy the economy this year.
"The consumer is poised to do well in early 2015. Lower gasoline prices are going to provide a big lift to consumption," said Ryan Sweet, a senior economist at Moody's Analytics in West Chester, Pennsylvania.

The Commerce Department said consumer spending, which accounts for more than two-thirds of U.S. economic activity, fell 0.3 percent after gaining 0.5 percent in November and 0.3 percent in October.
The drop, the largest since September 2009, reflected a decline in spending at service stations as gasoline prices fell, as well as weak auto receipts and weather-related softness in demand for utilities.
The spending data was included in Friday's fourth-quarter gross domestic product report, which showed the economy growing at a 2.6 percent annual pace, with consumer spending rising at a brisk 4.3 percent rate - the fastest since 2006.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/02/us-usa-economy-spending-idUSKBN0L619N20150202

I know for sure I spend less ...

Just knowing how bad the GOP wants to turn the back the clock is emough for me.

hanger4
02-02-2015, 03:01 PM
I know for sure I spend less ...

Just knowing how bad the GOP wants to turn the back the clock is emough for me.

Oh I see, Obama can only turn the clock forward and not backward.

In other words Cigar good economic news is Obama's fault

and bad economic news is the GOP's fault. I'm sure it doesn't occur

to you how ignorant that sounds.

Ransom
02-02-2015, 03:06 PM

hanger4
02-02-2015, 03:14 PM

Pointless Ransom Reading comprehension isn't their

strong suit.

Ransom
02-02-2015, 03:44 PM
From Common's own link

And yet... Common is going to explain this is what happens when wages stagnate........this "brisk 4.3% increase in consumer spending....the "most since 2006"....Common explains is what happens when wages are "15 years behind?"

You simply and matter of fact....cannot make thus up. Did you even read your own f'n link, Common? Why not challenge us......bring something to the table that makes sense. Instead of bringing anything you think will fly and getting it shot down with ease. C'mon Man.

Ransom
02-02-2015, 03:47 PM
Here are some points from Common's thread start.....

THis is what happens when wages are 15 yrs behind.......consumer spending rises at a brisk 4.3 percent rate - the fastest since 2006.

Common
02-02-2015, 03:51 PM
From Common's own link

And yet... @Common (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=659) is going to explain this is what happens when wages stagnate........this "brisk 4.3% increase in consumer spending....the "most since 2006"....Common explains is what happens when wages are "15 years behind?"

You simply and matter of fact....cannot make thus up. Did you even read your own f'n link, Common? Why not challenge us......bring something to the table that makes sense. Instead of bringing anything you think will fly and getting it shot down with ease. C'mon Man.

Shhh cowboy unbunch your panties and then go play in the hog pen

The Sage of Main Street
02-02-2015, 03:51 PM

The spending data was (Diploma Dumboese for "the spending data were") included in Friday's fourth-quarter gross domestic product report, which showed the economy growing at a 2.6 percent annual pace, with consumer spending rising at a brisk 4.3 percent rate - the fastest since 2006.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/02/us-usa-economy-spending-idUSKBN0L619N20150202 Since our wages will be worth more because of lower gas and petrochemical prices, the corporate parasites will say that it is only fair that we should be paid less than we are now.

Common
02-02-2015, 03:52 PM
Here are some points from Common's thread start.....

THis is what happens when wages are 15 yrs behind.......consumer spending rises at a brisk 4.3 percent rate - the fastest since 2006.

Pay attention sock puppet, I dont pay attention to you, I dont read your garbage, you are nothing less than an insulting troll. Your insults dont bother me because I have to think something of someone for them to hurt my feelings.

Ransom
02-02-2015, 03:58 PM
You obviously don't even pay attention to the information you use as a source, otherwise, it wouldn't be so easy for me to expose your contradiction. Tighten up, common. today.