PDA

View Full Version : Obama Says Syrian President Has Got To Go

Conley
08-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Is this leading up to another military engagement?

WASHINGTON — President Obama called on Syria's President Bashar Assad to quit office Thursday, as a team of United Nations human rights investigators listed the Damascus regime's alleged atrocities and said it may have committed crimes against humanity.

In a written statement, Obama outlined fresh U.S. sanctions on Assad's regime and said the United States had been "inspired by the Syrian peoples' pursuit of a peaceful transition to democracy" as they "braved ferocious brutality at the hands of their government."

"They have spoken with their peaceful marches, their silent shaming of the Syrian regime, and their courageous persistence in the face of brutality — day after day, week after week," he said.

"For the sake of the Syrian people, the time has come for President Assad to step aside," Obama said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44185674/ns/world_news-mideast_n_africa/?GT1=43001

This is what happens when our country starts meddling in the affairs of others. Where does Obama draw the line? Is Libya a more valid engagement than Syria? What are the criteria he is using to make these decisions?

MMC
08-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Here we go again.....what the hell is all this bullshit of telling other country leaders they must step-aside? Wonder what we would do if like say, Belgium declared war on us and said that the US President needs to step aside.

If thats the case then Obama surely knows right now that 2/3rds of the country is against him.
Should he step aside for the Best Interests of the Country.

Mister D
08-18-2011, 11:39 AM
Here we go again.....what the hell is all this bullshit of telling other country leaders they must step-aside? Wonder what we would do if like say, Belgium declared war on us and said that the US President needs to step aside.

If thats the case then Obama surely knows right now that 2/3rds of the country is against him.
Should he step aside for the Best Interests of the Country.

Exactly. Because we believe in democracy? Ugh...this guy makes us all look so damn superficial.

Conley
08-18-2011, 11:40 AM
Yeah, the hubris is pretty unbelievable. Maybe the leaders of Europe should tell Obama to step aside since the economic disaster is bringing down the global economy? He's screwing it up for the whole planet. :o

hellraiser
08-18-2011, 11:45 AM
things are very bad in syria

obama is right he should say this he is defending the people of syria!

if he says nothing then you say he is weak

he must threaten syria to stop the murdering

MMC
08-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Yeah and use that rationale too.....the Global Economy. UHM Mr. President I think it is time you step aside. Wonder if Assad froze all US bank Accounts in his Country.

Mister D
08-18-2011, 11:48 AM
things are very bad in syria

obama is right he should say this he is defending the people of syria!

if he says nothing then you say he is weak

he must threaten syria to stop the murdering

Thinsg are "very bad" in many parts of the world. He should mid his own business. If it was Bush you'd be singing a different tune. ::)

hellraiser
08-18-2011, 11:56 AM
if it was bush you would say good job!

when bush invaded iraq everyone said even if no wmd hussein very bad man we should take him

so you see this is not so different after all

but because it is obama now everyone says no dont do it

because you all hate obama

Mister D
08-18-2011, 12:01 PM

when bush invaded iraq everyone said even if no wmd hussein very bad man we should take him

How do you manage to pack so much hypocrisy into a single comment? :o :D You criticize Bush's foreign policy but support Obama's? ???

Mister D
08-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Secondly, how do you know what I would say in the case of Bush? Are you using a crystal ball?

Conley
08-18-2011, 12:14 PM

Yes Hell, how did you feel about the war in Iraq? Did you support it because things were 'very bad' ? Saddam routinely murdered and tortured his own citizens, just like in Libya and Syria, right?

Mister D
08-18-2011, 12:16 PM

Yes Hell, how did you feel about the war in Iraq? Did you support it because things were 'very bad' ? Saddam routinely murdered and tortured his own citizens, just like in Libya and Syria, right?

Why not march around Africa and Latin america correcting "very bad" things?

hellraiser
08-18-2011, 12:33 PM
america is for democracy and peace we protect people

iraq syria libya we cant save them all but we have saved many

i am not for war but murderers must be stopped

i think we agree

if man on your street murders someone you let him go? no you must have justice. that is what we are talking about.

i am making better posts now too :)

MMC
08-18-2011, 12:46 PM

i think we agree

if man on your street murders someone you let him go? no you must have justice. that is what we are talking about.

Yes HR.....you are making better posts. ;D

Plus we know you are trying to undertsand us with all the terminolgy we use. As you can see we do not always use formal English. But if you do not understand us at anytime. Don't hesitate to ask. Hope you get your friend to come around some more too. Thanks for bringing him. :)

hellraiser
08-18-2011, 02:53 PM
thank you midwest media critic

i am trying and happy we agree

i will tell pen to come back to i think he is just busy

go usa! land of freedom!

hotwire
08-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Nobody is afraid of the boy obama.

wingrider
08-26-2011, 01:52 AM

i think we agree

we condemn, syria , libya,iraq, iran and virtually every other tin pot dictator and accuse them of murder.. then we go in and drop bombs, bullets etc and commit murder in the name of democracy, how hippocritical of us

hellraiser
08-26-2011, 02:04 PM

i think we agree

we condemn, syria , libya,iraq, iran and virtually every other tin pot dictator and accuse them of murder.. then we go in and drop bombs, bullets etc and commit murder in the name of democracy, how hippocritical of us

no my friend you are wrong

because those people kill women and children not just soldiers

the us tries to kill only the soldiers yes sometimes accidents

but us army and terrorists very different!

MMC
08-26-2011, 03:12 PM
You dropped a bomb on me! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoaXWMlG5ZM#)

HR, I doubt bombs know the difference.

hellraiser
08-26-2011, 05:08 PM
hi my friend

that is why the us drops bombs on the bad guys and the bad guys blow up the market

you see the difference?

one is killing soldiers the other not

Conley
08-26-2011, 05:22 PM
That's a fair distinction...sort of :-\

On the other hand, Tomahawks aren't nearly as accurate as they'd have you believe though. And even when they do hit the intended target sometimes the intel is just wrong. Or they set up a school and a hospital right next to a bomb factory and AA guns.

MMC
08-26-2011, 05:28 PM
That's a fair distinction...sort of :-\

On the other hand, Tomahawks aren't nearly as accurate as they'd have you believe though. And even when they do hit the intended target sometimes the intel is just wrong. Or they set up a school and a hospital right next to a bomb factory and AA guns.

That or loyal women and their children will camp out right in front of them. >:(

Conley
08-26-2011, 05:28 PM
Good point TCC.

Mister D
08-26-2011, 07:12 PM
hi my friend

that is why the us drops bombs on the bad guys and the bad guys blow up the market

you see the difference?

one is killing soldiers the other not

Right. The same applies to Israel. ;) The IDF is a lot different from the PLO and Hamas.