PDA

View Full Version : Why Should A Movie Character Get Honored?

Pages : [1] 2

Howey
02-03-2015, 12:43 PM
By either a special day or Medal of Honor?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/02/02/texas-declares-chris-kyle-day-as-medal-honor-petition-drive-launches/

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott declared Feb. 2 as "Chris Kyle Day" in his state, honoring the late sniper as a petition drive also gets underway to consider him for the Medal of Honor.

Kyle, considered to be the deadliest sniper in U.S. military history, is the subject of the blockbuster film "American Sniper."

Though the movie has been controversial, Abbott told Fox News he decided to honor Kyle because “he’s an American hero.”

“He had the guts to stand up and defend this country,” Abbott, a Republican governor, told Fox News on Monday.

So has every other service member out there. Some even didn't have to hide behind a bush (hah!) to shoot the enemy. Do they all get a special day and a Medal of Honor?

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 12:48 PM
Because hes not a movie character. He was a real person that, whether you agree or not, did what his heart and mind thought was for the protection of our great country...and his brothers in arms.

Safety
02-03-2015, 12:49 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6a/8d/5e/6a8d5e2df29b383ce48e26cdb58c3fdb.jpg

Codename Section
02-03-2015, 12:50 PM
Howey

my second MOS in the United States Marine Corps was scout sniper. Did you know that? Do you know why we "hide behind bushes" to shoot the enemy?

In Iraq, not Afghanistan, snipers were used to pick off other snipers and AQ who intended to ambush our troops. If I had put on bright orange and ran screaming into enemy territory guns blazing like a fucking idiot not only would I have been killed but I wouldn't have been able to keep my brothers in their envoys or with their boots on the ground alive and well so they could go home to their wives, mothers, lovers, and kids.

Am I a "coward" because I took advantage of a position to do my job better?

Polecat
02-03-2015, 12:50 PM
It is already a day of renown. Feel free to continue observing ground hog day and ignore the other stuff it bothers you.

exotix
02-03-2015, 12:51 PM
Dispicable coming from Abbott ... who used *Shat my pants to avoid Viet Nam* Nugent as a campaign prop.

Howey
Howey

my second MOS in the United States Marine Corps was scout sniper. Did you know that? Do you know why we "hide behind bushes" to shoot the enemy?

In Iraq, not Afghanistan, snipers were used to pick off other snipers and AQ who intended to ambush our troops. If I had put on bright orange and ran screaming into enemy territory guns blazing like a $#@!ing idiot not only would I have been killed but I wouldn't have been able to keep my brothers in their envoys or with their boots on the ground alive and well so they could go home to their wives, mothers, lovers, and kids.

Of course not. My point is why does a movie character deserve a special day and a MOH? Did you get either?

silvereyes
I happened to see it yesterday. It was really good. I will say this: ive never, EVER left a theater when the entire audience was completely silent as we left the theater. NEVER.

Polecat
02-03-2015, 12:52 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6a/8d/5e/6a8d5e2df29b383ce48e26cdb58c3fdb.jpg

This is audience participation day. You can just there but I know you'll at least be tapping your foot.

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 12:52 PM
Howey

In Iraq, not Afghanistan, snipers were used to pick off other snipers and AQ who intended to ambush our troops. If I had put on bright orange and ran screaming into enemy territory guns blazing like a fucking idiot not only would I have been killed but I wouldn't have been able to keep my brothers in their envoys or with their boots on the ground alive and well so they could go home to their wives, mothers, lovers, and kids.

Have you seen it?

Howey
02-03-2015, 12:53 PM
Because hes not a movie character. He was a real person that, whether you agree or not, did what his heart and mind thought was for the protection of our great country...and his brothers in arms.

I believe it could be argued that neither the day or MOH would have occurred without the movie. And didn't most everyone on here (and Kyle) admit most of the movie was fiction?

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 12:55 PM
Dispicable coming from Abbott ... who used *Shat my pants to avoid Viet Nam* Nugent as a campaign prop.
Honestly? I dont care who it came from. Its the right thing to do.

Kyle was getting his shit back together and helping others do the same when he was MURDERED on home soil.

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 12:56 PM
I believe it could be argued that neither the day or MOH would have occurred without the movie. And didn't most everyone on here (and Kyle) admit most of the movie was fiction?

All i can say is: go see it. I hope it will change your mind.

Common
02-03-2015, 12:56 PM
@Howey (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=387)

Same in nam snipers saved many lives taking out enemy snipers. Theres no explanation that can convince those that never served and learned to understand.

exotix
02-03-2015, 12:57 PM
Honestly? I dont care who it came from. Its the right thing to do.

Kyle was getting his $#@! back together and helping others do the same when he was MURDERED on home soil.
No you mean he was murdered by a deranged man with a gun assuming his 2nd Amendment Rights.

hanger4

Ooooh I'd bet it had more to do with asshats like M.Moore and the

various other left wing low lifes that trashed his memory.

Codename Section
Of course not. My point is why does a movie character deserve a special day and a MOH? Did you get either?

I moved onto a highly classified MOS and can no longer be officially honored until the operations are declassified, but "yes" I have medals.

Chris Kyle is not a movie character. He was a person. I don't like to talk about a lot of things I do or have done because it will always seem unbelievable but I'm a little pissed off right now.

Chris Kyle came to our school and was an inspiration to us. His book is not an accurate representation of all that he felt about his job. Was he arrogant? Yes. So am I. I am the mutherfucking man at what I do. I do it better than 99.9% of the people out there, including Animal Mother. I hope someday to be in the Olympics. That's how much I like myself and think I am awesome. You can be an arrogant mutherfucker in that line of work. You have to be in fact.

You have to be so confident in what you do that you do it right the first time. If you miss, they know where you are, know your position and will fire at you or fire at the people you're trying to protect. You HAVE to think you are God or you will miss.

I sent hundreds of marines home on my watch and I am goddamned proud of it.

OORAH

Codename Section
02-03-2015, 12:59 PM
Have you seen it?

Nope. Don't need to.

Codename Section
02-03-2015, 01:01 PM
No you mean he was murdered by a deranged man with a gun assuming his 2nd Amendment Rights.

You know shit about what happened, but keep talking by all means.

Codename Section
02-03-2015, 01:03 PM

Chris Kyle can only talk about those declassified kills he had. The United States Department of Defense does not allow US snipers to report on the kill ratio with accuracy or the distance. This pisses off a lot of us who are in service but that is how it is.

He saved far more people than he ever reported on. Fact.

Howey
02-03-2015, 01:08 PM
I moved onto a highly classified MOS and can no longer be officially honored until the operations are declassified, but "yes" I have medals.

Chris Kyle is not a movie character. He was a person. I don't like to talk about a lot of things I do or have done because it will always seem unbelievable but I'm a little pissed off right now.

Chris Kyle came to our school and was an inspiration to us. His book is not an accurate representation of all that he felt about his job. Was he arrogant? Yes. So am I. I am the mutherfucking man at what I do. I do it better than 99.9% of the people out there, including Animal Mother. I hope someday to be in the Olympics. That's how much I like myself and think I am awesome. You can be an arrogant mutherfucker in that line of work. You have to be in fact.

You have to be so confident in what you do that you do it right the first time. If you miss, they know where you are, know your position and will fire at you or fire at the people you're trying to protect. You HAVE to think you are God or you will miss.

I sent hundreds of marines home on my watch and I am $#@!ed proud of it.

OORAH

Chris Kyle can only talk about those declassified kills he had. The United States Department of Defense does not allow US snipers to report on the kill ratio with accuracy or the distance. This pisses off a lot of us who are in service but that is how it is.

He saved far more people than he ever reported on. Fact.

Know what? The exact same can be said about my duties at HUMINT and thousands of other veterans. Where's their fucking movie, special day and MOH?

Oh. And Kyle admitted half of the movie didn't happen, including killing the little boy.

texan
02-03-2015, 01:08 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/02/02/texas-declares-chris-kyle-day-as-medal-honor-petition-drive-launches/

So has every other service member out there. Some even didn't have to hide behind a bush (hah!) to shoot the enemy. Do they all get a special day and a Medal of Honor?

It appears Abbott is doing a little marketing................

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 01:09 PM
Codename Section

OPSEC

That is fucking it. We should not be on this stupid forum. You should not be a moderator here. It is making us all soft and stupid. Why don't you tell everyone your real name, post a fucking picture and give people our address.

I don't care what howey or anyone else believes about kyle, us, or the united states marine corps. Either tighten the fuck up about this shit and act like ethereal and I or I swear to fucking God we are done with this place.

I will never talk to Chloe again if you don't shut the fuck up. Got that marine? Now, take your PTSD OFFLINE.

Chris Kyle came to our school and was an inspiration to us. His book is not an accurate representation of all that he felt about his job. Was he arrogant? Yes. So am I. I am the mutherfucking man at what I do. I do it better than 99.9% of the people out there, including @Animal Mother (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1166). I hope someday to be in the Olympics. That's how much I like myself and think I am awesome. You can be an arrogant mutherfucker in that line of work. You have to be in fact.

I sent hundreds of marines home on my watch and I am goddamned proud of it.

OORAH

exotix
02-03-2015, 01:10 PM
You know $#@! about what happened, but keep talking by all means.

Notice the gall of Abbot celebrating Kyles' death as his murderer goes to trial ...

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-establishes-chris-kyle-day-2-years-death-232043229.html

Two years after Chris Kyle's death, and days before the man accused of killing him goes to trial

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Gov. Greg Abbott signed a proclamation declaring Feb. 2 "Chris Kyle Day" in Texas, where Kyle was raised and lived after serving in Iraq.

On February 2, 2013, Kyle was shot and killed at a shooting range near Chalk Mountain, Texas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chalk_Mountain,_Texas), along with friend Chad Littlefield.

The man accused of killing them is awaiting trial for murder.

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 01:10 PM
And howey--this shit about chris kyle--go eat a diseased dick. you know absofuckinglutely nothing about what we do, what he did, or anything about what our lives are like.

We have paid over and over and fucking over again to be us. You sit in fucking judgment of people like us like you even know. Fuck off.

del
02-03-2015, 01:15 PM

the guy was a real human being

someday, you might meet one

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 01:16 PM
Know what? The exact same can be said about my duties at HUMINT and thousands of other veterans. Where's their fucking movie, special day and MOH?

Oh. And Kyle admitted half of the movie didn't happen, including killing the little boy.

Sure. You have your combat service medal. Were you in the line of fire, too? You were in the Air Force and unless you were in special forces for the AF you were not on the ground in Iraq or Afghanistan. Chris Kyle had he missed would have been dead because you reveal your position with the shots.

Jesus this isn't rocket science.

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 01:17 PM
Oh Jebus...

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 01:18 PM
And now I'm doing it!!!!!! GODDAMMIT I HATE THESE THREADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 01:19 PM
Oh Jebus...

Fuck off you smug canadian kunt. I'm so tired of your know everything dumbass attitude. We actually met the guy, shook his hand, and he is a fucking human being getting the shit kicked out of him now that he's dead.

Have some fucking respect.

Peter1469
02-03-2015, 01:19 PM
And howey--this shit about chris kyle--go eat a diseased dick. you know absofuckinglutely nothing about what we do, what he did, or anything about what our lives are like.

We have paid over and over and fucking over again to be us. You sit in fucking judgment of people like us like you even know. Fuck off.

Warning: Please don’t call members names.

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 01:21 PM
Peter1469 threadban me

Howey's an asshole for this nonstop shit on Kyle meme and common sense is an agitating dick.

Howey
02-03-2015, 01:27 PM
Don't Peter1469. Let him have his say.

Peter1469
02-03-2015, 01:29 PM
I agree with the marines on this one.

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 01:31 PM
People are free to shit on Kyle. People are also free to be pissed about it.

There are legitimate reasons to "shit" on Kyle and there are also legitimate reasons to say he served his country well. The truth is probably somewhere in between.

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 01:37 PM

No. I typed EXACTLY what i meant. Please dont do that again. Ill tell you about how i feel about gun laws without you (or anyone) trying to misinterpret MY feelings.

I am 100% for what abbott did. Do NOT forget that i am in Texas and not that far from all of this.

Im sad enough today without yall redirecting MY answers to suit yalls rhetoric.

Thanks.

I hope everyone has a better day than me.

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 01:40 PM

Thank you. I almost feel that way....without the anger.

Howey, please lay off. Please.

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 01:44 PM

There are legitimate reasons to "shit" on Kyle and there are also legitimate reasons to say he served his country well. The truth is probably somewhere in between.
Thats probably as close to reality as we can say. Creative license? Probably a bit. However, it is CE and i have a TON of respect for that creative genius.

exotix
02-03-2015, 01:48 PM
No. I typed EXACTLY what i meant. Please dont do that again. Ill tell you about how i feel about gun laws without you (or anyone) trying to misinterpret MY feelings.

I am 100% for what abbott did. Do NOT forget that i am in Texas and not that far from all of this.

Im sad enough today without yall redirecting MY answers to suit yalls rhetoric.

Thanks.

I hope everyone has a better day than me.
I wonder why Abbott is calling for a Chris Kyle Day 2 years after his death ... and after his movie is a hit ... and days before his murderer is going to trial who murdered 'em with a Sniper Rifle ...

Well, maybe in Texas where everybody walks around with Sniper Rifles this is glorification ... yes ?

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 01:52 PM
Whatthefuckever dude.

sachem
02-03-2015, 02:27 PM
A movie character wasn't honored. A human being was. A man who is no longer with his family.

nathanbforrest45
02-03-2015, 02:29 PM
Codename Section you and I have had our differences regarding the Marines but I swear to God man I will help you hold this idiot down and beat the living shit out of him.

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 02:31 PM
Oh Christ, Nathan...

I've said I don't find Kyle a hero. You wanna beat the shit out of me too?

nathanbforrest45
02-03-2015, 02:31 PM
I wonder why Abbott is calling for a Chris Kyle Day 2 years after his death ... and after his movie is a hit ... and days before his murderer is going to trial who murdered 'em with a Sniper Rifle ...

Well, maybe in Texas where everybody walks around with Sniper Rifles this is glorification ... yes ?

Maybe in your pea brain you are a real human being.

Private Pickle
02-03-2015, 02:33 PM

Whatever you might think of Kyle he was a real guy and the stuff he did in Iraq was real. You as an individual may not hold his exploits to a high standard others do and rightly so.

Killing humans is one of the hardest things to do...mentally and physically..

nathanbforrest45
02-03-2015, 02:33 PM
Oh Christ, Nathan...

I've said I don't find Kyle a hero. You wanna beat the $#@! out of me too?

Wasn't talking about you. Why would you think I was talking about you. I haven't seen you say anything disrespectful to anyone. You are right, this was a movie, some truth, some fiction I am sure. No harm in that. Never thought you were an idiot either. Looney tune yes, but idiot no.

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 02:34 PM
Oh Christ, Nathan...

I dont think its that. Its the outright denigrating and crucifying.

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 02:34 PM
Oh Christ, Nathan...

I dont think its that. Its the outright denigrating and crucifying.

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 02:36 PM
Wasn't talking about you. Why would you think I was talking about you. I haven't seen you say anything disrespectful to anyone. You are right, this was a movie, some truth, some fiction I am sure. No harm in that. Never thought you were an idiot either. Looney tune yes, but idiot no.

My criticism has nothing to do with the movie. I'll see the movie, it's probably pretty good. My criticism is of Kyle himself and those who call him a hero.

Hero's don't brag about killing, enjoy killing, nor do they portray themselves as heroes. I think there are far better people who have lost their lives in the line of duty to look up to other than Kyle.

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 02:38 PM
Whatever you might think of Kyle he was a real guy and the stuff he did in Iraq was real. You as an individual may not hold his exploits to a high standard others do and rightly so.

Killing humans is one of the hardest things to do...mentally and physically..

...yet Kyle said he had no problem with it and actually enjoyed killing. This is one of the reasons I don't see him as a hero. Certainly not someone for children to look up to (yes I know he is deceased).

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 02:41 PM
My criticism has nothing to do with the movie. I'll see the movie, it's probably pretty good. My criticism is of Kyle himself and those who call him a hero.

Hero's don't brag about killing, enjoy killing, nor do they portray themselves as heroes. I think there are far better people who have lost their lives in the line of duty to look up to other than Kyle.

He was actually more humble and quiet than anything.

Private Pickle
02-03-2015, 02:42 PM
...yet Kyle said he had no problem with it and actually enjoyed killing. This is one of the reasons I don't see him as a hero. Certainly not someone for children to look up to (yes I know he is deceased).

I will let you in on a little secret. Of the people that become SEALS, Greens, Marine/Army soildier or sniper... Air Force, Navy and Army pilots.... Predator drone pilots... They all like killing people. They may not reconcile well with it later but at the point of death...at the point where you kill the enemy you get a rush... That Rush is addictive and Kyle was addicted to it.

That isn't abnormal. That's being human.

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 02:44 PM

Humble people don't write books where they are the hero. I've seen plenty of interviews with him to say that in my opinion he was not humble and quiet.

Humble people also don't lie about situations like shooting two robbers or lying about shooting looters during Katrina.

Private Pickle
02-03-2015, 02:45 PM

I disagree. Personally I think Kyle was a douche. Incredibly vain and completely aware of his ability to overcome his fellow man. Unless tempered that can turn into a bad scenario.

While a lot of details surrounding Kyle's death are cloudy I can see him being shot n the back of the head by a PTSD soldier he told to just "suck it up".

Common Sense
I will let you in on a little secret. Of the people that become SEALS, Greens, Marine/Army soildier or sniper... Air Force, Navy and Army pilots.... Predator drone pilots... They all like killing people. They may not reconcile well with it later but at the point of death...at the point where you kill the enemy you get a rush... That Rush is addictive and Kyle was addicted to it.

That isn't abnormal. That's being human.

Yeah well when they write an embellished bragging book about it...maybe then I'll object to them as well.

silvereyes
Well, then we will leave it here and agree to see it differently.

ETA: i refuse to judge a deceased man for what HE perceived as doing his job the way he was trained to do it.

If yall feel the need to "blame" someone...look to his superiors.

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 02:47 PM
I disagree. Personally I think Kyle was a douche. Incredibly vain and completely aware of his ability to overcome his fellow man. Unless tempered that can turn into a bad scenario.

While a lot of details surrounding Kyle's death are cloudy I can see him being shot n the back of the head by a PTSD soldier he told to just "suck it up".

...and this is the crux of my argument. How can we hold up someone who frankly was a douche and may have been a sociopath as a hero? Just because someone served their country doesn't mean they are automatically a hero. Nor does it mean criticism of them is off limits. Even if they are no longer alive.

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 02:49 PM

Entirely possible....but i still refuse to paint or see him as evil.

Private Pickle
02-03-2015, 02:50 PM
Yeah well when they write an embellished bragging book about it...maybe then I'll object to them as well.

Gotchya. So anything written is up for debate. I agree. Please tell me what point you have that will refute any claim I made.

Private Pickle
02-03-2015, 02:50 PM

Killing humans isn't evil in and of itself.

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 02:53 PM

I'm not going to paint Kyle as evil. But I sure as hell wont paint him as a hero.

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 02:56 PM
I'm not going to paint Kyle as evil. But I sure as hell wont paint him as a hero.

I havent either. All i said is that im behind abbott.

Private Pickle
02-03-2015, 02:58 PM

Can I ask what your definition of a hero is? I agree that Kyle wasn't a "hero" but I hold that title in high regard so....

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 02:59 PM
I havent either. All i said is that im behind abbott.

Well, if you're behind Abbot then you probably do see him as a hero.

Codename Section
02-03-2015, 03:00 PM

And why is that? He risked his life year after year. He brought home hundreds of marines. What makes him not a hero? That he may or may not have embellished some things?

Most of the people judging him have never been in his shoes or put in the position to do what he did and you also never were that person who didn't die because of people like him. I've been a grunt, I've been a sniper, and I've been an operator and I know what is required of all those things and how everyone working together gets the job done.

You don't know him personally. I doubt that you've read the whole book or watched the movie. You've read snippets, heard the arguments and based your decision on a dead man on nothing but gut feelings that came your way through the Internet blurbs of others.

To the little kid whose father came home from deployment because of Kyle, Kyle's a hero.

Heroes aren't perfect. They aren't saints. They're sin eaters.

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 03:00 PM
Can I ask what your definition of a hero is? I agree that Kyle wasn't a "hero" but I hold that title in high regard so....

I don't have a fixed definition of a hero.

But it's kind of one of those cases where you know one when you see one.

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 03:01 PM
Well, if you're behind Abbot then you probably do see him as a hero.
Not at all. But show me where i fucking said that.

Private Pickle
02-03-2015, 03:01 PM
...and this is the crux of my argument. How can we hold up someone who frankly was a douche and may have been a sociopath as a hero? Just because someone served their country doesn't mean they are automatically a hero. Nor does it mean criticism of them is off limits. Even if they are no longer alive.

Because his personality had nothing to do with his accomplishments.

by your logic Benjamin Frankilin would have been a drunkard who loves whores...who cares about the rest of his accomplishments.

There is a point where one must judge a person by the impact of his actions...not by his perceived character.

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 03:02 PM
And why is that? He risked his life year after year. He brought home hundreds of marines. What makes him not a hero? That he may or may not have embellished some things?

Most of the people judging him have never been in his shoes or put in the position to do what he did and you also never were that person who didn't die because of people like him. I've been a grunt, I've been a sniper, and I've been an operator and I know what is required of all those things and how everyone working together gets the job done.

You don't know him personally. I doubt that you've read the whole book or watched the movie. You've read snippets, heard the arguments and based your decision on a dead man on nothing but gut feelings that came your way through the Internet blurbs of others.

To the little kid whose father came home from deployment because of Kyle, Kyle's a hero.

This. Read this and get off my ass.

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 03:03 PM

Sure, that's valid. I think in some respects all those who serve are heroes.

I just think that his attitude, the fact that he's lied and that he portrayed himself a s a hero discounts him from being one in my book.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not disparaging his service or anyone elses.

Private Pickle
I don't have a fixed definition of a hero.

But it's kind of one of those cases where you know one when you see one.

Not really. Your personal opinion of Kyle's character has nothing to do with his accomplishments.

Codename Section

See I don't think there are legitimate reasons to shit on a dead man whose wife and child are still alive, especially not someone who guaranteed that OUR fellow countrymen came home on a ship or plane alive and not in a body bag.

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 03:04 PM
Not at all. But show me where i fucking said that.

Well then can you clarify why you agree with Abbot that there should be a Chris Kyle day?

Codename Section
02-03-2015, 03:05 PM

I just think that his attitude, the fact that he's lied and that he portrayed himself a s a hero discounts him from being one in my book.

If you're not disparaging his service you do a good impression of it. I doubt I'm alone in thinking that. So if that's not what you're trying to communicate maybe you ought to rethink your approach.

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 03:06 PM
See I don't think there are legitimate reasons to shit on a dead man whose wife and child are still alive, especially not someone who guaranteed that OUR fellow countrymen came home on a ship or plane alive and not in a body bag.

I guess we disagree.

Like I said, my opinions wont make me popular...I saw Kyle as a douchebag who did his job well. But he was also a liar and a cocky stereotype that I don't think should be celebrated.

People are free to do so. Have a parade in his honor...have a Chris Kyle day. It's just my opinion.

nathanbforrest45
02-03-2015, 03:08 PM
I only have one more thing to say on this subject

Audie Murphy. The most decorated soldier in WW2 and probably all times. In one afternoon he killed or wounded over 50 German soldiers. Before that incident he had killed many others in various engagements. Movies were made about him, he starred in it himself. He wrote books about it. He became an alcoholic because of it but America loved him. Perhaps he would not be so welcomed by Canada or Germany but that is irrelevant.

We tend to make those who at total disregard for their own life perform feats of bravery above and beyond the call of duty. Perhaps this is exactly what Kyle had done.

Private Pickle

I served and want to eradicate the idea that "all those who served are heroes" bullshit. I met a lot of guys and gals in the military for nothing else other than to loophole common practices. Like college loans... Now I am no one to talk. I got the ACF and GIB and it paid for my schooling. But I joined for a lot of reasons. Many join for one. I say it's all good. Anyone serving in the military, while not automatically a hero, has a real shit job.

Bob

Funny how you never run down Clinton for fleeing to England to evade the draft. Funny how you never run down Carter for pardoning the draft dodgers during the Vietnam war.

Common Sense
If you're not disparaging his service you do a good impression of it. I doubt I'm alone in thinking that. So if that's not what you're trying to communicate maybe you ought to rethink your approach.

Have I disparaged your service? Like I said...he was great at what he did and saved many. That doesn't mean the man was a saint or even a good person.

Codename Section
When I came home from my first deployment, my mother met me just running. She was crying so hard that no actual sound came from her mouth. All she did was try to hold onto me. When she could talk she kept petting me and calling me her "baby".

Hundreds of mothers, wives, and kids got to experience watching their son or daughter walk off that plane again because of Chris Kyle. So maybe he was an arrogant dick--he was, I met him. I actually was kind of jealous of him and didn't like him at the time. Now, I get it. But his being a douche doesn't stop him from being a goddamned hero.

nathanbforrest45
02-03-2015, 03:09 PM
I guess we disagree.

Like I said, my opinions wont make me popular...I saw Kyle as a douchebag who did his job well. But he was also a liar and a $#@!y stereotype that I don't think should be celebrated.

People are free to do so. Have a parade in his honor...have a Chris Kyle day. It's just my opinion.

Thank you for allowing us to honor our heroes in the manner we see fit. I realize Canada hasn't had as much experience in those matters and we consider it neighborly of you not to interfere.

Thank you

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 03:10 PM

Audie Murphy. The most decorated soldier in WW2 and probably all times. In one afternoon he killed or wounded over 50 German soldiers. Before that incident he had killed many others in various engagements. Movies were made about him, he starred in it himself. He wrote books about it. He became an alcoholic because of it but America loved him. Perhaps he would not be so welcomed by Canada or Germany but that is irrelevant.

We tend to make those who at total disregard for their own life perform feats of bravery above and beyond the call of duty. Perhaps this is exactly what Kyle had done.

Why wouldn't he have been welcomed in Canada???

Bob
02-03-2015, 03:10 PM
Oh Christ, Nathan...

I want to. I will hold the rope as Codename wups you.

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 03:11 PM
Thank you for allowing us to honor our heroes in the manner we see fit. I realize Canada hasn't had as much experience in those matters and we consider it neighborly of you not to interfere.

Thank you

Yeah, Canada has never gone to war.

Like I said, it;s just my opinion...we're all just giving opinions here. We ain't writing policy.

exotix
02-03-2015, 03:11 PM
Funny how you never run down Clinton for fleeing to England to evade the draft. Funny how you never run down Carter for pardoning the draft dodgers during the Vietnam war.
No, you impeached him for lying bout a BJ and ended up as one of the most beloved men in the world ... and thus setting his wife up for the next Prez.

... and might as well not talk about your boys Bush & Cheney ... and whom are the ones who actually killed Chris Kyle after destroying his life.

Matty
02-03-2015, 03:12 PM
When I came home from my first deployment, my mother met me just running. She was crying so hard that no actual sound came from her mouth. All she did was try to hold onto me. When she could talk she kept petting me and calling me her "baby".

Hundreds of mothers, wives, and kids got to experience watching their son or daughter walk off that plane again because of Chris Kyle. So maybe he was an arrogant dick--he was, I met him. I actually was kind of jealous of him and didn't like him at the time. Now, I get it. But his being a douche doesn't stop him from being a goddamned hero.

Private Pickle

Audie Murphy was a pacifist. Proceed.

Common Sense

Scary...

I'll be in California at the beginning of April.

Redrose

Kyle is credited with 166 kills.....enemy kills, people who were hell bent on killing American soldiers. Kyle saved many more American soldiers lives than he killed enemy combatants.

Every soldier who was able to come home and hold his baby for the first time and embrace his spouse or mom owes his life to a "Chris Kyle".

Our snipers were the silent, obscure heros of war, his book and subsequent movie allowed us, nice and safe in our living rooms, to see the horror of war and the affect emotionally, mentally and spiritually it has on everyone involved including the family at home.

I say thank you Chris Kyle, because my family had several members come home safely from combat in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Condemn the wars if you must, condemn the government for sending troops into battle, but never criticize the heros for doing what they were trained to do.

Codename Section
02-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Have I disparaged your service? Like I said...he was great at what he did and saved many. That doesn't mean the man was a saint or even a good person.

Being in the military and having that particular job is something people need to experience before they judge how others talk about it. That's why when I talk about police shootings I always (go back and look) talk about protocols instead of the officers.

It's easy to sit on the sidelines and talk about what a death dealer ought to be like or what he should have said. Chris Kyle saved all his softness for his wife and child. I get that. Too much soft and you go soft. So while he seems like a dick to you, that doesn't make him one. He had a company that did the same thing he did overseas so he had to stay frosty.

I've let too many people get to me, pet me, love me until I got turned every which way and out.

nathanbforrest45
02-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Scary...

Spreading more measles?

Private Pickle
02-03-2015, 03:15 PM

It depends on the context. If you consider Kyle a hero for wacking out Iraqis then he is your man. If your looking for a hearts and minds kinda guy then you've missed your mark with Kyle.

exotix
Thank you for allowing us to honor our heroes in the manner we see fit.

I realize Canada hasn't had as much experience in those matters and we consider it neighborly of you not to interfere.

Thank youWell except for losing soldiers as U.S. Allies since WWI ...

Common Sense
Being in the military and having that particular job is something people need to experience before they judge how others talk about it. That's why when I talk about police shootings I always (go back and look) talk about protocols instead of the officers.

It's easy to sit on the sidelines and talk about what a death dealer ought to be like or what he should have said. Chris Kyle saved all his softness for his wife and child. I get that. Too much soft and you go soft. So while he seems like a dick to you, that doesn't make him one. He had a company that did the same thing he did overseas so he had to stay frosty.

I've let too many people get to me, pet me, love me until I got turned every which way and out.

I do get that. I think he did an amazing job on the field.

I just don't and wont see him as a hero. In my mind he is certainly not someone that children should look up to.

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 03:16 PM
Well except losing soldiers as U.S. Allies since WWI ...

...and entering both world wars well ahead of the Americans.

Bob
02-03-2015, 03:16 PM

Since the 1990s, I have debated snipers many times. From the Soviet sniper to German snipers and American snipers, normally the Democrats don't hate them. Now they have Kyle, now dead, now gunned down at a firing range, to pick on so they hate the man.

Snipers must be supreme in confidence. They are located by the enemy and die on the job. Not all is fun and games. They pick special people to be snipers. It is a tough job. It is not as if the enemy is not also hunting them. They save a lot of lives. I say the country has a better chance to win with the better snipers.

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 03:17 PM
Spreading more measles?

Yeah, Canadian measles. You turn all red and white and everything smells like maple syrup.

I'm doing a two week road trip up the coast...and meeting up with Bob of course.

nathanbforrest45
02-03-2015, 03:18 PM
Audie Murphy was a pacifist. Proceed.

Wrong Southern War Hero. You are thinking of Sargent Alvin York from Tennessee, Not Audie Murphy from Texas.

Redrose
02-03-2015, 03:20 PM

That made me cry. To us moms, our children will always be "our babies". I'm sure your mom agonized daily when you were away, picturing you as a baby and toddler and young teen and couldn't wait to hold you again in her arms.

The "Chris Kyles" of battle made reunions like that possible for many.

nathanbforrest45
02-03-2015, 03:21 PM
Yeah, Canadian measles. You turn all red and white and everything smells like maple syrup.

I'm doing a two week road trip up the coast...and meeting up with Bob of course.

Sounds more fun than German Measles to be sure.

Stay out of trouble.

Bob
02-03-2015, 03:21 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Bob http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=946569#post946569)

Scary...

LMAO

I was just kidding .... come on down. The weather ought to be fine.

Codename Section
02-03-2015, 03:22 PM
It depends on the context. If you consider Kyle a hero for wacking out Iraqis then he is your man. If your looking for a hearts and minds kinda guy then you've missed your mark with Kyle.

Nope. I look at the asshole who sent people back home to their wives, mothers, and kids.

Bob
02-03-2015, 03:23 PM

I will be happy to meet you in my area.

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 03:25 PM
Bombers in WW2 probably saved more American lives than anyone.

I don't know if we would have celebrated one who claimed to have loved bombing people, called himself a hero and made up a bunch of bullshit stories about himself being a hero at home...then wrote a book about it where he plays the hero.

Kyle was a great sniper...it went to his already inflated ego.

nathanbforrest45
What is the difference between a Chris Kyle who shoots people on the ground he can see and those who drop bombs or fire artillery and kill hundreds if not thousands and never see the carnage that ensues? When I was in Vietnam we attacked a flotilla of over 300 small boats sinking most if not all of them. Every one of those boats had at least one human being on board, in some cases two or more. Most were not combatants but the NVA had hidden supply boats in among them so they all went. Now, I know that on that day my actions were responsible for the deaths of at least 300 people. I don't dwell on it but I certainly remember it as I am sure people like Kyle, no matter what his outward demeanor remembered it as well. Perhaps the stories and the books were his way of dealing with what he did. Or maybe he was a total sociopath who didn't give a crap about those he killed.

silvereyes

Yesyesyes.

Now that im crying more than before..i want to say:

Thank you and EVERY one of you brave HEROS who were and are ready, willing and able to protect all of us here in the US while we live, breathe and sleep. I dont know what motivates each of yall but i and my family am in yalls debt forever.

I only hope and pray more of yall come home to be upheld and loved for all yall do.

Codename Section
@Codename Section (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=866) you and I have had our differences regarding the Marines but I swear to God man I will help you hold this idiot down and beat the living shit out of him.

LOL talk to animal mother. He's the more volatile and violent of the two of us. I'm just a peaceful southern boy these days. :cool2:

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 03:26 PM
I will be happy to meet you in my area.

I'm renting a convertible and driving from LA to San Fran...up the PCH.

I'd have a beer...but my wife would probably find it strange.;)

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 03:28 PM
What is the difference between a Chris Kyle who shoots people on the ground he can see and those who drop bombs or fire artillery and kill hundreds if not thousands and never see the carnage that ensues? When I was in Vietnam we attacked a flotilla of over 300 small boats sinking most if not all of them. Every one of those boats had at least one human being on board, in some cases two or more. Most were not combatants but the NVA had hidden supply boats in among them so they all went. Now, I know that on that day my actions were responsible for the deaths of at least 300 people. I don't dwell on it but I certainly remember it as I am sure people like Kyle, no matter what his outward demeanor was dwelt on it as well.

Did you write a book about it where you're the hero, the enemy are evil and you enjoyed killing them? Did you also add a bunch of lies to the book where you shot some robbers back home?

Cigar
Will this be a Paid Holiday?

Codename Section
Yesyesyes.

Now that im crying more than before..i want to say:

Thank you and EVERY one of you brave HEROS who were and are ready, willing and able to protect all of us here in the US while we live, breathe and sleep. I dont know what motivates each of yall but i and my family am in yalls debt forever.

I only hope and pray more of yall come home to be upheld and loved for all yall do.

There are marines who went to Afghanistan. Good, solid grunts who did things that will keep you safe. I'll pass that along to them. Iraq is just a weird war that I still don't understand. As for me in Afghanistan, I don't know that I helped you much either.

They would love to know that a woman with your bra size thanks them though. :) Marines are like that.

Bob

I don't know if we would have celebrated one who claimed to have loved bombing people, called himself a hero and made up a bunch of bullshit stories about himself being a hero at home...then wrote a book about it where he plays the hero.

I saw the effects of that bombing. We don't run down the pilots or crews for spreading destruction, not to the combatants, but to civilians. Snipers kill the enemy. The people with the guns.

I have not seen the movie (representing hollywood) not the book (representing the military) but sure hate to see a dead man treated poorly for following orders.

Codename Section
02-03-2015, 03:29 PM
Did you write a book about it where you're the hero, the enemy are evil and you enjoyed killing them? Did you also add a bunch of lies to the book where you shot some robbers back home?
Common Sense

did you read the book the whole way through?

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 03:30 PM
I saw the effects of that bombing. We don't run down the pilots or crews for spreading destruction, not to the combatants, but to civilians. Snipers kill the enemy. The people with the guns.

I have not seen the movie (representing hollywood) not the book (representing the military) but sure hate to see a dead man treated poorly for following orders.

Like I said...his actions in the field are not why I criticize the man.

nathanbforrest45
02-03-2015, 03:30 PM

I revised this post, go read the revisions. But, no, this is one the few times I have ever discussed that day.

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 03:31 PM
@Common Sense (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1085)

did you read the book the whole way through?

No, I didn't and don't plan to. I've read enough excerpts and have seen enough interviews with the man.

Codename Section
02-03-2015, 03:32 PM

And they were honored. The Memphis Belle and her crew had several movies made about her. The Tuskeegee Airmen are some of the most sought after (or were while alive) speakers in the veterans circuit.

I'll ask again did you read the book the whole way through to come to this opinion?

Do you know why the military pumps up your ego? They do, that's a fact. But do you know why?

Common
02-03-2015, 03:33 PM
Why do we have to keep going through this. This shouldnt be political football.

Can we all accept the man served his country and did what he was trained to do better than everyone else.

Codename Section
02-03-2015, 03:34 PM
No, I didn't and don't plan to. I've read enough excerpts and have seen enough interviews with the man.

Oh you've read "enough excepts" to know? Basically, you didn't read it, have cherry picked excerpts, and only watched people on video or television talk about their opinions and now you have an opinion on who he is without meeting him or reading his book.

Gotcha.

What does that make you, if I may ask? What kind of person comments on someone they've never met before based off of excepts?

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 03:35 PM
And they were honored. The Memphis Belle and her crew had several movies made about her. The Tuskeegee Airmen are some of the most sought after (or were while alive) speakers in the veterans circuit.

I'll ask again did you read the book the whole way through to come to this opinion?

Do you know why the military pumps up your ego? They do, that's a fact. But do you know why?

They made movies about them...they didn't write books about themselves calling themselves heroes and how much they enjoyed killing people.

I could speculate as to why...they would pump up your ego so you perform better and so you don't feel guilt.

Like I said, I don't discredit him for doing his duty.

silvereyes
There are marines who went to Afghanistan. Good, solid grunts who did things that will keep you safe. I'll pass that along to them. Iraq is just a weird war that I still don't understand. As for me in Afghanistan, I don't know that I helped you much either.

They would love to know that a woman with your bra size thanks them though. :) Marines are like that.

Do know how hard it is to smile and cry and type all at the same time?

Do you know what i do all those nights when i am awake at 2,3,4am? Im on youtube watching the reunion clips and footage of our guys and gals coming home. The ones that surprise their loved ones are fantastic.....i cry at each one. Sometimes i get brave and watch the sad ones....not often though. They truly break my heart.

Rose, Pol and Matty: go watch the ones of the soldiers being greeted by their pets. Those make me cry too.

Bob

Did you read the book?

Who are you to claim he told lies?

Let me ask this. Does PTSD mean a thing to you?

A friend of mine never shot at the enemy in Vietnam. He was part of an ambulance crew and carried wounded to hospitals. He got PTSD and to this day has it. He has almost blanked out his experience in Vietnam. He has letters he wrote home that explain what he did. That lets him know what he did.

Codename Section
Why do we have to keep going through this. This shouldnt be political football.

Can we all accept the man served his country and did what he was trained to do better than everyone else.

Hey now Common you've never seen me behind the scope of a custom made rifle. :cool2:

Peter1469
02-03-2015, 03:36 PM

My mom and dad picked me up at the airport on leave after Iraq. Mom was crying and dad was asking lots of questions. He said my mom slept in my bed during the ground war. Strange, but whatever. That was back when we had to travel in Class As. Some Drill Sergeants had some boots with them at the airport and they stood to the side and shut up.

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 03:37 PM
Oh you've read "enough excepts" to know? Basically, you didn't read it, have cherry picked excerpts, and only watched people on video or television talk about their opinions and now you have an opinion on who he is without meeting him or reading his book.

Gotcha.

What does that make you, if I may ask? What kind of person comments on someone they've never met before based off of excepts?

'Excerpts".

I didn't read lot's of people's autobiographies...yet I still have informed opinions on them.

Nice try though. Like I said...I know my opinions aren't popular. I can live with that.

Common
02-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Hey now @Common (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=659) you've never seen me behind the scope of a custom made rifle. :cool2:

No I havent, but id be proud to serve with you :)

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 03:39 PM
Did you read the book?

Who are you to claim he told lies?

Let me ask this. Does PTSD mean a thing to you?

A friend of mine never shot at the enemy in Vietnam. He was part of an ambulance crew and carried wounded to hospitals. He got PTSD and to this day has it. He has almost blanked out his experience in Vietnam. He has letters he wrote home that explain what he did. That lets him know what he did.

The lies I'm referring to are that he shot looters after Katrina from the roof of the Superdome. That he shot two robbers at a gas station...and the one his estate was sued for, that he knocked out Jesse Ventura at a bar.

Codename Section
02-03-2015, 03:39 PM
They made movies about them...they didn't write books about themselves calling themselves heroes and how much they enjoyed killing people.

Some of them did write books and they've spoken lots of places about what it felt like. You're talking out of your ass right now, especially since you didn't read enough of his book to get to the other parts where he talked about the conflict.

Do you think animal mother is the way he is 100% of the time? PolWatch Chloe he'll hate me for this but what's he like in private? Is he mean or uncaring? What is his opinion on human life?

I could speculate as to why...they would pump up your ego so you perform better and so you don't feel guilt.

To keep you from being afraid.

You do a good impression of it like I said.

Bob
02-03-2015, 03:40 PM

That is too damned bad. What word do you use for those who form beliefs and have no foundation?

When interviewed, he would be steered by the questioner. That is how they control the conversation. A Couric made Palin seem dumb. An interviewer can help to inform or inflame. You were inflamed.

silvereyes

Id be willing to bet kyle NEVER called himself a hero.

Common Sense
Some of them did write books and they've spoken lots of places about what it felt like. You're talking out of your ass right now, especially since you didn't read enough of his book to get to the other parts where he talked about the conflict.

Do you think animal mother is the way he is 100% of the time? @PolWatch (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1099) @Chloe (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=565) he'll hate me for this but what's he like in private? Is he mean or uncaring? What is his opinion on human life?

You may have a slightly biased opinion.

Codename Section
02-03-2015, 03:41 PM
The lies I'm referring to are that he shot looters after Katrina from the roof of the Superdome. That he shot two robbers at a gas station...and the one his estate was sued for, that he knocked out Jesse Ventura at a bar.

1. His estate is appealing
2. There are lots of stories many of us could tell from Nathan to Pete to animal that are true, but if we told them no one official would back us. That's the hazards of the game.

Codename Section
02-03-2015, 03:43 PM
You may have a slightly biased opinion.

About which? I get along with lots of liberals on here. I don't have huge feuds that often outside Private Pickle. So when I tell you that you're coming off like an arrogant prick by talking about someone you never met, never read his book, based off of Internet excerpts maybe you should at least ask yourself why I think that and why others like silver who are liberals are also pretty heated at you right now.

You didn't read his book and you don't know him. You are judging a man based off of hearsay, cherry picked quotes, and second opinion.

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 03:44 PM

Do you think animal mother is the way he is 100% of the time? PolWatch Chloe he'll hate me for this but what's he like in private? Is he mean or uncaring? What is his opinion on human life?

About AM: he has a cat he cuddles for christs sake. Whats that cats name again?

Codename Section
02-03-2015, 03:44 PM
Id be willing to bet kyle NEVER called himself a hero.

He probably did in jest or to get laid. I've said several times to the guys "let's go be some goddamned heroes".

Codename Section
02-03-2015, 03:45 PM

Mr. Bimbles

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 03:45 PM
1. His estate is appealing
2. There are lots of stories many of us could tell from Nathan to Pete to animal that are true, but if we told them no one official would back us. That's the hazards of the game.

His stories about the Superdome and the two robbers (Stateside) are pure fabrications that are backed up by no real evidence.

Bob
02-03-2015, 03:47 PM

Since I did not read his book, and saw most of the CSPAN interview, this claim by Democrats bugs me. Still, even if true, or false, it does not add nor detract from his service duty. That is why he would be called by those like Obama ... a hero. I don't think of snipers as heros, but very good at the task they are ordered to do. Still, if you think in terms of American lives saved, he saved at least 167 Americans from dying because he got to them before they got to our Americans.

Men home from combat may say or do strange things. But they went through a personal hell in combat. Why are you so hard on a man who endured combat?

PolWatch
02-03-2015, 03:48 PM
I haven't read the book or seen the movie. No plans to do so. I'm not in the hero/not a hero debate. I don't want any more young men to see this and be seduced into running down to the local recruiting office because they want to wave the flag and be famous.

I've stood waving at bus stations, train stations and airports. Some of those I loved came home and some didn't...but either way they were not the same people who left. I don't want to kiss anyone else goodbye.

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 03:49 PM
Boy, you are right. This liberal is very heated and upset right now. I was raised by die hard conservatives and damned good people. I was taught to NEVER decimate a person for doing what they thought was the right thing NO MATTER what else you and they believe in.

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 03:50 PM
About which? I get along with lots of liberals on here. I don't have huge feuds that often outside Private Pickle. So when I tell you that you're coming off like an arrogant prick by talking about someone you never met, never read his book, based off of Internet excerpts maybe you should at least ask yourself why I think that and why others like silver who are liberals are also pretty heated at you right now.

You didn't read his book and you don't know him. You are judging a man based off of hearsay, cherry picked quotes, and second opinion.

I'm not being an arrogant prick...I'm just stating my opinion based on the things that I've read and the interviews and his own words.

I know you're heated because you're taking it personally. That's why I said you're biased. It has nothing to do with political affiliation.

So all those who never met the man and claim he's a hero are just stating their (popular opinion) based on pretty much the same information.

I'm not trying to offend...I'm merely stating why I don't see him as a hero.

I like how we can get around the rules with things like "you're coming off like". It's like when I tell my wife she's "being crazy" and that doesn't mean you are crazy. ;)

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 03:51 PM
Mr. Bimbles

See. You simply cant be a hardass in private when youre cuddling acat named mr bimbles and probably talking babytalk to him.
(Sorry AM!)

Bob
02-03-2015, 03:51 PM
His stories about the Superdome and the two robbers (Stateside) are pure fabrications that are backed up by no real evidence.

I was inside the Superdome with my brother Mike one time. I was surprised how easy it was to go inside at the time though nothing was happening on the field. When the flood hit, I was better able to see what the fuss was about. I believe I was inside it around 1978.

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 03:52 PM
He probably did in jest or to get laid. I've said several times to the guys "let's go be some goddamned heroes".
I dont believe that. He thought a buckle would get him laid. I live here. I absolutely believe that.

Peter1469
02-03-2015, 03:56 PM

Pickles, Bingles something like that. I hope it is not a lap cat....

Private Pickle
02-03-2015, 03:57 PM
Wrong Southern War Hero. You are thinking of Sargent Alvin York from Tennessee, Not Audie Murphy from Texas.

Read up. For one thing I'm from SO CAL for another thing read up on Murphies Baptist Pastor and get back to me.

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 03:59 PM
Pickles, Bingles something like that. I hope it is not a lap cat....
I can almost guarantee that mr bimbles spends alot of time in animals lap. :)

Private Pickle
02-03-2015, 04:01 PM
By the way...now that Animal Mother is banned I don't think there is one person on this board that will understand what I'm talking about.

Now i think AM is a run of the mill Marine that saw some action and is putting it to good use. Is he a hero? No. Did he like his job? Absolutely. Would he be happy doing anything else? No. Welcome to humanity.
Animal Mother start a new thread if you disagree with me.

Codename Section
I'm not being an arrogant prick...I'm just stating my opinion based on the things that I've read and the interviews and his own words.

You're a little biased on whether or not you're being an arrogant prick, too. You admit you never read the book, never met him, and are discounting his wife and friends opinions entirely, and that you've formed your opinion from the Internet basically.

Naw, that's not arrogant.

I know you're heated because you're taking it personally. That's why I said you're biased. It has nothing to do with political affiliation.

I am biased in the classical sense because unlike you I actually have met him and I've done that exact same job. It's more than bias it's the fact that I actually know what I'm talking about.

So all those who never met the man and claim he's a hero are just stating their (popular opinion) based on pretty much the same information.

I realize that Canadian culture is different than American and a helluva lot different than southern culture, but its generally expected that if you can't say something nice you say nothing and if you're speaking of a dead man you try to say something good.

People defined to them what "hero" was and it was bringing troops home. You can say you disagree, but when you call him a douche and make some of the other comments about his arrogance you come off pretty arrogant and hypocritical yourself.

I'm not trying to offend...I'm merely stating why I don't see him as a hero.

I like how we can get around the rules with things like "you're coming off like". It's like when I tell my wife she's "being crazy" and that doesn't mean you are crazy. ;)

That's true. Report me if you think I'm breaking them.

Peter1469
I can almost guarantee that mr bimbles spends alot of time in animals lap. :)

I say no.

I had a cat once. And I only tolerated it because it was like a dog. The bastard would attack me sneak attack style.

And he stole earrings from the ladies foolish enough to spend the night with me. :smiley:

Peter1469
02-03-2015, 04:02 PM
By the way...now that @Animal Mother (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1166) is banned I don't think there is one person on this board that will understand what I'm talking about.

Now i think AM is a run of the mill Marine that saw some action and is putting it to good use. Is he a hero? No. Did he like his job? Absolutely. Would he be happy doing anything else? No. Welcome to humanity.
@Animal Mother (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1166) start a new thread if you disagree with me.

Negative. Animal Mother is no longer thread banned. Continue your conversation.

Codename Section
02-03-2015, 04:04 PM
By the way...now that @Animal Mother (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1166) is banned I don't think there is one person on this board that will understand what I'm talking about.

@Animal Mother (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1166) start a new thread if you disagree with me.

He would not call himself a hero. He'd question the "run of the mill" part. Other people would call him a hero and a few of them would be right.

Me, I just call him asshole.

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 04:05 PM
You're a little biased on whether or not you're being an arrogant prick, too. You admit you never read the book, never met him, and are discounting his wife and friends opinions entirely, and that you've formed your opinion from the Internet basically.

Naw, that's not arrogant.

I am biased in the classical sense because unlike you I actually have met him and I've done that exact same job. It's more than bias it's the fact that I actually know what I'm talking about.

I realize that Canadian culture is different than American and a helluva lot different than southern culture, but its generally expected that if you can't say something nice you say nothing and if you're speaking of a dead man you try to say something good.

People defined to them what "hero" was and it was bringing troops home. You can say you disagree, but when you call him a douche and make some of the other comments about his arrogance you come off pretty arrogant and hypocritical yourself.

That's true. Report me if you think I'm breaking them.

I don't report anyone...just find it a bit hypocritical is all.

Give a me a break...yeah, southerners don't disparage the deceased because y'all are just so damned polite. Funny, that's what they say about Canadians.

Yes, you met the guy. Most have not yet they too have formed opinions about the man. As have I.

Like I said, you're more than a little biased. That's fine.

The man may have been one hell of a good soldier...but I still think the man was not a hero.

sachem
02-03-2015, 04:06 PM
I was inside the Superdome with my brother Mike one time. I was surprised how easy it was to go inside at the time though nothing was happening on the field. When the flood hit, I was better able to see what the fuss was about. I believe I was inside it around 1978.Is Mike straight or homosexual?

Just curious.

Private Pickle
Nope. I look at the asshole who sent people back home to their wives, mothers, and kids.

As opposed to the American wives and children who have now idea Kyle saved them.

Your call.

Peter1469
sailor....

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 04:08 PM
sailor....

Yes, sailor...my mistake.

Bob
02-03-2015, 04:11 PM
Common Sense

Why not watch this 1 hr of interview of the man you don't llke.

I see a very humble person.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?305347-1/author-chris-kyle-american-sniper

Codename Section
02-03-2015, 04:12 PM
I don't report anyone...just find it a bit hypocritical is all.

Why is that? If I got warned or banned I wouldn't complain. Sometimes it's better to be honest and banned than dishonest and still posting.

Give a me a break...yeah, southerners don't disparage the deceased because y'all are just so damned polite. Funny, that's what they say about Canadians.

Well, then represent Canada man. Don't speak ill about the dead you never knew.

Yes, you met the guy. Most have not yet they too have formed opinions about the man. As have I.

I also don't go around talking shit about John Wayne or Kurt Cobain or anyone else I don't know or met. I heard John Lennon was a real douche, too. He's dead though and I never met him.

Like I said, you're more than a little biased. That's fine.

Everyone's biased. Biased isn't the problem.

The man may have been one hell of a good soldier...but I still think the man was not a hero.

And you can hold a different opinion on what a hero is. I don't think I told you that you have to think he's a hero. I think talking about him like he's an asshole or douche or even a liar when he can't defend himself is a problem with me.

Private Pickle
02-03-2015, 04:12 PM
Negative. @Animal Mother (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1166) is no longer thread banned. Continue your conversation.

Nice. While there are many here, including me, that feels this way out of anyone, dick that he is, he will be honest.

Codename Section
02-03-2015, 04:13 PM
As opposed to the American wives and children who have now idea Kyle saved them.

Your call.

Repeat so I can understand (no snark, I'm working on an hour's sleep)

Peter1469
02-03-2015, 04:14 PM
Nice. While there are many here, including me, that feels this way out of anyone, dick that he is, he will be honest.

I imagine he will be honest. The only question is whether he gives a fuck...

Private Pickle
02-03-2015, 04:14 PM
He would not call himself a hero. He'd question the "run of the mill" part. Other people would call him a hero and a few of them would be right.

Me, I just call him asshole.

Agreed. While I've never met him and suspect he and I would toss blows before agreeing with each other I think he is honest and I think he gets "the" thrill from killing.

Private Pickle
02-03-2015, 04:15 PM
I imagine he will be honest. The only question is whether he gives a fuck...

I would say he doesn't give a fuck which allows him to enjoy the thrill of killing a human.

Private Pickle
02-03-2015, 04:18 PM
Repeat so I can understand (no snark, I'm working on an hour's sleep)

It's a hypothetical. Send home Iraqi women and children without their fathers or send home American fathers home.

While the merits of the war are questionable those facts are not. I defer to Americans as I am a Nationalist.

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 04:21 PM
Why is that? If I got warned or banned I wouldn't complain. Sometimes it's better to be honest and banned than dishonest and still posting.

Sure. It doesn't really matter...it was just an observation.

Well, then represent Canada man. Don't speak ill about the dead you never knew.

I think it's a shame he died. But I'm not going to shut up because someone has died. That being said it's not like I would disrespect him in front of his wife, kids, friends etc...

I also don't go around talking shit about John Wayne or Kurt Cobain or anyone else I don't know or met. I heard John Lennon was a real douche, too. He's dead though and I never met him.

How dare you...you never met Lennon!!! ;)

Everyone's biased. Biased isn't the problem.

Yes we are all biased. But as you have similarities to Kyle I would argue that you have a higher propensity to take this personally. That's all.

And you can hold a different opinion on what a hero is. I don't think I told you that you have to think he's a hero. I think talking about him like he's an asshole or douche or even a liar when he can't defend himself is a problem with me.

People calling him a hero is a problem to me. So...

Codename Section
02-03-2015, 04:24 PM
It's a hypothetical. Send home Iraqi women and children without their fathers or send home American fathers home.

While the merits of the war are questionable those facts are not. I defer to Americans as I am a Nationalist.

Oh yeh. I sent many marines and soldiers home and kept a lot of Iraqi and Afghan families in widows weeds. I'll live with that. Not always well but I have more loyalty to my friends than to them.

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 04:26 PM
Alright Peepee what are you asking me? Did I enjoy killing people?

Mister D
02-03-2015, 04:29 PM
Is the left still pissy about this guy? I hope he gets a Nobel Peace Prize. Why not? Obama has one.

Bob
02-03-2015, 04:30 PM
Chris Kyle only agreed to be party to his own book to prevent claims he is the hero. He felt those writing such books were sell outs. But since the book was going to be written by two authors, he wanted the truth to come out. Chris lauds others as the heros. He lauds a different Sniper as the greatest ever American sniper. I see nothing in his interview with C-Span deserving him being attacked by some from America and also Canada.

He believed in the goal of sending back home his fellow Americans safely to family.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?305347-1/author-chris-kyle-american-sniper

Peter1469
02-03-2015, 04:32 PM
I would say he doesn't give a fuck which allows him to enjoy the thrill of killing a human.

People look at it differently. Some agonize over it. Some like it to one degree or another. Some are indifferent. Taking out the trash sort of thing. It has to be done.

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 04:36 PM
There were times I enjoyed killing people. I've said so. There's a warrior spirit or something. The good ones on the other side feel it, too. When you are at that level where you are in special operations you are a mutherfucking warrior. It's a competition and it's life or death. There are people that you know about, that you've been hunting (they hunt you too) and when you kill them you're happy and it feels good. If they had given us swords instead of guns I'd be even happier.

And then there were also times when I lost a stripe and could have gone to the brig for not following orders. Luckily my seniors at the time were marines and not sailors so they understood shit like honor.

I'm actually more reluctant to talk about the ones I don't feel good about.

Private Pickle
02-03-2015, 04:36 PM
People look at it differently. Some agonize over it. Some like it to one degree or another. Some are indifferent. Taking out the trash sort of thing. It has to be done.

I agree 100%.

What is unfortunate is the idea that humans are more valuable in life than say a hamster.

There are those that will never agree that you are anything more than a hamster..

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 04:38 PM

There's that, too. It depends. I don't think I ever claimed to be Jesus or anything.

Codename Section
02-03-2015, 04:42 PM
I agree 100%.

What is unfortunate is the idea that humans are more valuable in life than say a hamster.

There are those that will never agree that you are anything more than a hamster..

We are more valuable than hamsters.

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 04:44 PM
Is the left still pissy about this guy? I hope he gets a Nobel Peace Prize. Why not? Obama has one.
You better leave me out of that pissy stuff.

Private Pickle
02-03-2015, 04:46 PM
We are more valuable than hamsters.

Eh...

Mister D
02-03-2015, 04:47 PM
You better leave me out of that pissy stuff.

See, you sound pissy.

Bob
02-03-2015, 04:47 PM
Is Mike straight or homosexual?

Just curious.

Mike is dead. Both my brothers died.

But your question is interesting. All I have to go on is Mike married a half dozen females. They ranged from very young to worn out. His last wife, he told me, was a prostitute from the East yet he took up with her. His first wife was a teen. When he and I flew to New Orleans, his mission was to collect money from an AMWAY guy. Our homosexual brother Jim at the time worked for the Fairmont Hotel downtown New Orleans. We stayed at that hotel. Jim worked as a server in the restaurant. He would tell us to order what we wanted and he would take care of the food bill. I think he tossed them into the garbage. Jim asked Mike and me to meet him at a bar a few blocks away. It turns out it was a homosexual bar. I had never been in one but Mike had I believe. They took a shine to Mike but left me alone. I believe Mike was similar to Green Arrow to be honest here.

Mike suffered a massive heart attack at the motel he arrived at around Phoenix. Mike was sent back to CA as ashes by his wife. She remarried and is still an A hole. She and he managed to get Child protective services to remove a half dozen children from their care. I never thought much of her.

Jim died by 1984 from too much beer per the doctors I spoke to the week he died at NY City. Jim, due to what Mike did, was fired by the Fairmont so he returned to NY City to his homosexual life there.

Mike stiffed the hotel for our stay. Mike used a so called company check to pay the bill and it was after we left that the check bounced. The hotel demanded Jim pay the rent and he refused. I don't blame him for refusing.

I was not aware of any of that until much later. I assume our airfare check also bounced. Mike was the proverbial con artist and sought to take advantage of everybody he ever met.

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 04:49 PM
Achilles was a hero to the ancient Greeks because he was a killing machine and brought glory to Greece. A doctor can be a hero to the family of the person they saved. A fireman too. I ran an old ladies shopping cart down in a slanted parking lot and got her her purse back and I was a hero.

Chris Kyle is a hero to the families of those marines that he brought home and probably a lot of marines. Since the Army guys usually hide behind us he really didn't do shit for them, but the point is that you can't say he's not a hero just because he's not to you.

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 04:50 PM
See, you sound pissy.

D must stand for dickhead.

Read my actual thoughts on the topic before you pop off.

Mister D

Stop getting pissy.

Peter1469

Behave Silver. :smiley:

Common Sense
As much as still don't consider Kyle to be a true hero. I may have overstated my case against him. I take back calling him a douche.

He was admirable as a soldier and I disagree with some of his sentiments...I'll leave it at that.

Peter1469
02-03-2015, 04:51 PM
As much as still don't consider Kyle to be a true hero. I may have overstated my case against him. I take back calling him a douche.

He was admirable as a soldier and I disagree with some of his sentiments...I'll leave it at that.

sailor....

I bet Chloe wouldn't make that mistake. :shocked:

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 04:52 PM
I think that its pretty obvious hero is a relative term in this case.

Common Sense
sailor....

seal...

Mister D

Sailboat...

nathanbforrest45
In the words of the late great General George Patton" The object is not to die for your country but to make the other poor bast ard die for his". Me and my fellow shipmates come back for liberty or me and my fellow shipmates end up in Fiddler's Green. Which would you choose?

Animal Mother, I have been defending the Marine Corp all afternoon and then you come back with that snide remark about honor. Fie for shame Jarhead, fie for shame.

silvereyes
Behave Silver. :smiley:

Tell him to actually read instead of jumping off at the mouth.

Redrose
02-03-2015, 04:56 PM
Do know how hard it is to smile and cry and type all at the same time?

Do you know what i do all those nights when i am awake at 2,3,4am? Im on youtube watching the reunion clips and footage of our guys and gals coming home. The ones that surprise their loved ones are fantastic.....i cry at each one. Sometimes i get brave and watch the sad ones....not often though. They truly break my heart.

Rose, Pol and Matty: go watch the ones of the soldiers being greeted by their pets. Those make me cry too.

I watch them, I am a cryer, but they are tears of joy. I love when they arrange to surprise a child or spouse. When my husbands niece came home she was still single and only her dad was still alive. He was playing golf and the guys in his foursome with the golf course arranged the surprise, and she was the girl on the refreshment cart that goes around the course. He almost passed out. He was so shaken he couldn't play the rest of the game...not that he really wanted to. When she pulled up he said, gee you look a lot like my daughter, she took her golf visor off and said "that's because I am your daughter, daddy".

I love that stuff.

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 05:06 PM
Me too rose! I have two favorites on youtube. Theres one of a girl who hasnt seen her dad in two years (yikes) and surprises him on his birthday. He cant even talk....he holds her and stares and then hugs her more. The other is a FIL, yes IN LAW, whos on his phone with work and you hear his daughter, "dad, i need you to get off your phone." He ignores her. "DAD, get off your phone now." Then he looks up and apparently sees his SIL. He is stunned but still on his phone. He starts crying and tells his associate he has to go. Still crying. I lost it.

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 05:06 PM
sailor....

I bet @Chloe (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=565) wouldn't make that mistake. :shocked:

She might. Chloe doesn't know shit about this stuff. She's still alright for a girl.

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 05:07 PM
seal...

are sailors

Cthulhu
02-03-2015, 05:07 PM
There were times I enjoyed killing people. I've said so. There's a warrior spirit or something. The good ones on the other side feel it, too. When you are at that level where you are in special operations you are a mutherfucking warrior. It's a competition and it's life or death. There are people that you know about, that you've been hunting (they hunt you too) and when you kill them you're happy and it feels good. If they had given us swords instead of guns I'd be even happier.

And then there were also times when I lost a stripe and could have gone to the brig for not following orders. Luckily my seniors at the time were marines and not sailors so they understood $#@! like honor.

That is the worst sort of cross to bear. Having something you need to get out but don't want to discuss.

And in many instances for you and your sort, you can't talk about it due to prohibited status.

Even then, who would listen? Who could empathize?

There are things the government should require or demand out of its military, and things they shouldn't.

The things some people go through separate them from the rest of humanity. Some make it back and some don't. Either way the journey is marked by tragedy.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Mac-7
02-03-2015, 05:09 PM

Chris Kyle killed more terrorists in Iraq than any sniper in US military history.

he saved American lives.

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 05:10 PM
Me too rose! I have two favorites on youtube. Theres one of a girl who hasnt seen her dad in two years (yikes) and surprises him on his birthday. He cant even talk....he holds her and stares and then hugs her more. The other is a FIL, yes IN LAW, whos on his phone with work and you hear his daughter, "dad, i need you to get off your phone." He ignores her. "DAD, get off your phone now." Then he looks up and apparently sees his SIL. He is stunned but still on his phone. He starts crying and tells his associate he has to go. Still crying. I lost it.

Jesus...:rollseyes:

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 05:11 PM
That is the worst sort of cross to bear. Having something you need to get out but don't want to discuss.

And in many instances for you and your sort, you can't talk about it due to prohibited status.

Even then, who would listen? Who could empathize?

There are things the government should require or demand out of its military, and things they shouldn't.

The things some people go through separate them from the rest of humanity. Some make it back and some don't. Either way the journey is marked by tragedy.

This is more for Codename Section's benefit. I'm not a philosopher on this stuff.

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 05:15 PM
are sailors

Yes, I know...I was just trying to be more accurate.

Cthulhu
02-03-2015, 05:18 PM
This is more for Codename Section's benefit. I'm not a philosopher on this stuff.
Eh, neither am I. But the facts remain that doing this sort of work separates people from humanity.

Animal Mother

SEAL is like a certification in civilian terms. You can be a marine and then become a Scout Sniper, then become RECON, then become FORCE RECON, then you can go to demolitions and become EOD, then you can go to SEALs and become attached to a SEAL team, then you can go from the SEAL teams into JSOC and still at the end of the day call yourself a marine.

There are soldiers, sailors, and marines.

Peter1469
She might. @Chloe (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=565) doesn't know shit about this stuff. She's still alright for a girl.

Be quiet and don't ruin it. I got your back. Chloe?

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 05:19 PM
Eh, neither am I. But the facts remain that doing this sort of work separates people from humanity.

True. I'm a fucking weirdo.

Common Sense
02-03-2015, 05:19 PM
SEAL is like a certification in civilian terms. You can be a marine and then become a Scout Sniper, then become RECON, then become FORCE RECON, then you can go to demolitions and become EOD, then you can go to SEALs and become attached to a SEAL team, then you can go from the SEAL teams into JSOC and still at the end of the day call yourself a marine.

There are soldiers, sailors, and marines.

What about the air force?

Peter1469
02-03-2015, 05:21 PM
Chris Kyle killed more terrorists in Iraq than any sniper in US military history.

he saved American lives.

The numbers are unknown. The US does not release real counts and kill distances. If the Navy claims Kyle killed 160, you might want to double it.

Cthulhu
02-03-2015, 05:22 PM
You misspelled Chair Force.

Peter1469
02-03-2015, 05:22 PM

Probably should just call them semen.

PolWatch
02-03-2015, 05:23 PM
This is more for @Codename Section (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=866)'s benefit. I'm not a philosopher on this stuff.

:rollseyes:

Animal Mother

The Chair Force doesn't count. They have more in common with Tiger Woods than they do with the rest of the service.

Cthulhu
True. I'm a $#@!ing weirdo.
We all are, some further into the deep end than others though.

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 05:24 PM
You misspelled Chair Force.

Right on, brother.

Cthulhu
02-03-2015, 05:27 PM
The Chair Force doesn't count. They have more in common with Tiger Woods than they do with the rest of the service.
That or NASCAR drivers and drag racers. But that is a small section of pilots that actually operate combat aircraft.

Some just like speed and loud noises.

Either way, they are still Chairborn Rangers.

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 05:29 PM
That or NASCAR drivers and drag racers. But that is a small section of pilots that actually operate combat aircraft.

Some just like speed and loud noises.

Either way, they are still Chairborn Rangers.

That's right I keep forgetting they have pilots since I have never actually seen any of them. I usually have to depend on naval aviators for shit.

BB-35
02-03-2015, 05:38 PM

You're just a real nasty piece of work,ain't you?

Cthulhu
02-03-2015, 05:40 PM
That's right I keep forgetting they have pilots since I have never actually seen any of them. I usually have to depend on naval aviators for $#@!.
Air to mud. Takes real pilots to do that stuff.

Redrose
02-03-2015, 05:41 PM
@silvereyes (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1218)

When my 27 year old father returned from WWII after 5 1/2 years. He got to Penn Station in midtown NYC. Still in uniform, Sergeant in Army Air Corps, he had his large duffle bag and no money. He was trying to get home to Redhook Brooklyn. That was a long, long walk. He made it to lower Manhattan and started to cross the Brooklyn Bridge. A cab stopped to see if he needed a ride. Dad was so happy to see someone stop and acknowledge him. The cabbie said "where are you headed?" Dad said "Redhook" which was still a few miles away. Dad said he had no money, so the cabbie slammed the door and drove off.

Dad told me that story when I was a teen, which was about 15 years later. I saw his eyes well up. It must have hurt him deeply. No one to greet him, or even made the effort to drive him home from the train after serving years overseas, D-Day too. His family sucked.

We don't show enough respect or gratitude to our military. The guys coming home from Nam got an even worse reception from the "doves".

BB-35
02-03-2015, 05:43 PM
Really?....and why should we care what someone who can't even spell 'despicable' thinks?

Peter1469
02-03-2015, 05:43 PM
That's right I keep forgetting they have pilots since I have never actually seen any of them. I usually have to depend on naval aviators for shit.

The Air Force pilots use to miss the drop zone all the time. Not sure if it was on purpose or not.

Bob
02-03-2015, 05:44 PM

The Chair Force. The warriors of Obama. The infantry he is not so fond of.

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 05:44 PM
I had my mom and sisters pick me up at Norfolk a few times crying. The only time I wish I was married is coming off deployment so I could have a woman jump me in the car with some sex.

evince
02-03-2015, 05:45 PM
@silvereyes (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1218)

When my 27 year old father returned from WWII after 5 1/2 years. He got to Penn Station in midtown NYC. Still in uniform, Sergeant in Army Air Corps, he had his large duffle bag and no money. He was trying to get home to Redhook Brooklyn. That was a long, long walk. He made it to lower Manhattan and started to cross the Brooklyn Bridge. A cab stopped to see if he needed a ride. Dad was so happy to see someone stop and acknowledge him. The cabbie said "where are you headed?" Dad said "Redhook" which was still a few miles away. Dad said he had no money, so the cabbie slammed the door and drove off.

Dad told me that story when I was a teen, which was about 15 years later. I saw his eyes well up. It must have hurt him deeply. No one to greet him, or even made the effort to drive him home from the train after serving years overseas, D-Day too. His family sucked.

We don't show enough respect or gratitude to our military. The guys coming home from Nam got an even worse reception from the "doves".

where ever he is I thank him.

BB-35
02-03-2015, 05:50 PM
Idiot,the MOH citation wouldn't be based on the movie

Redrose
02-03-2015, 05:52 PM
where ever he is I thank him.

Thank you, he's in Heaven.

BB-35
02-03-2015, 05:52 PM
No shortbus,he was murdered by someone from behind...it's not a 2nd amendment right to murder someone

dumb***

BB-35
02-03-2015, 05:59 PM
Nope. Don't need to.
Maybe in 70 years,like all the WW2 vets I saw 'saving private Ryan ' with.....

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 06:05 PM
Jesus...:rollseyes:

What? Im the one defending yall!

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 06:08 PM
What? Im the one defending yall!

Honestly I'd rather see a big old set of titties coming off deployment than my cat, my mom, or my sisters. When you've gone that long without getting laid the last hing you want is balloons and hugs. You want sex.

BB-35
02-03-2015, 06:10 PM

You REALLY need to stop commenting on things you know shit about,short bus

silvereyes
02-03-2015, 06:12 PM
Honestly I'd rather see a big old set of titties coming off deployment than my cat, my mom, or my sisters. When you've gone that long without getting laid the last hing you want is balloons and hugs. You want sex.

Yah well those titties probably werent worried sick about you.

PolWatch
02-03-2015, 06:14 PM
No shortbus,he was murdered by someone from behind...it's not a 2nd amendment right to murder someone

dumb***

Please don't call members names

Redrose
02-03-2015, 06:14 PM
I had my mom and sisters pick me up at Norfolk a few times crying. The only time I wish I was married is coming off deployment so I could have a woman jump me in the car with some sex.

Hey you don't need to be married for that kind of reception. A passionate girlfriend would work too. lol

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 06:16 PM
Yah well those titties probably werent worried sick about you.

If you come home that means you're alive. No need for all the crying then.

PolWatch
02-03-2015, 06:17 PM
Idiot,the MOH citation wouldn't be based on the movie

Please don't call members names

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 06:17 PM
Hey you don't need to be married for that kind of reception. A passionate girlfriend would work too. lol

I like the way you think!

del
02-03-2015, 06:18 PM

And then there were also times when I lost a stripe and could have gone to the brig for not following orders. Luckily my seniors at the time were marines and not sailors so they understood shit like honor.

fuck you

evince
02-03-2015, 06:19 PM
hey del how is your twatwaffle?

BB-35
02-03-2015, 06:19 PM
Thank you, he's in Heaven.
That's not the only place he is....Put your hand over your heart,he's there too.

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 06:26 PM
fuck you

:)

PolWatch
02-03-2015, 06:27 PM
I'm guessing all the fu's around here are some type of military love.....

Howey
02-03-2015, 06:27 PM

Ya know.. Animal Mother....I apologized to you and Codename Section for what was perceived to my words. But to turn right around and disparage a branch of service because you think you're too elite to appreciate it is bullshit.

Every single member of every single branch of the military has a role. Including this guy, my father...who was a true American Hero.

http://i.imgur.com/nv1kSgT.jpg (http://imgur.com/nv1kSgT)

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 06:30 PM

My sister is a navy officer like del only probably eats less donuts.

exotix
02-03-2015, 06:32 PM
You REALLY need to stop commenting on things you know $#@! about,short bus

dumb***

My apology ... I should wait for Bush & Cheney and all the neocons to weigh-in on all of it then make my move.

Animal Mother
Ya know.. @Animal Mother (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1166)....I apologized to you and @Codename Section (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=866) for what was perceived to my words. But to turn right around and disparage a branch of service because you think you're too elite to appreciate it is bullshit.

Every single member of every single branch of the military has a role. Including this guy, my father...who was a true American Hero.

http://i.imgur.com/nv1kSgT.jpg (http://imgur.com/nv1kSgT)

I'm not apologizing. Sorry. If you were in the military you need to toughen up about your branch. I'm called a jarhead because I'm an empty head read to be filled and you're the chair force.

Suck it up, dude.

PolWatch

how do you live with the shame? :rollseyes:

Redrose
02-03-2015, 06:35 PM
That's not the only place he is....Put your hand over your heart,he's there too.

Always. He's been gone 23 years, and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him and miss him. He was a very good man and a wonderful father.

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 06:35 PM
how do you live with the shame? :rollseyes:

You mean having an officer in the family? Yeh, I try not to talk about it in public.

Howey
02-03-2015, 06:37 PM
I'm not apologizing. Sorry. If you were in the military you need to toughen up about your branch. I'm called a jarhead because I'm an empty head read to be filled and you're the chair force.

Suck it up, dude.

And you're no more elite than the sh*t on the bottom of my shoes.

BB-35
02-03-2015, 06:40 PM
Now,now....After all the first ship to house a permanent contingent of US Marines was a navy ship,the USS Texas...

Peter1469
02-03-2015, 06:41 PM

Pretty much.

Del is a semen :shocked:
Animal is an Uncle Sam's Misguided Child.

Animal Mother
02-03-2015, 06:41 PM
And you're no more elite than the sh*t on the bottom of my shoes.

I'm crying. There are no words to describe the devastation I feel right now upon reading that. **wipes tear**