PDA

View Full Version : Business Owner Targeted by Union

Conley
08-18-2011, 11:21 AM
King Electrical Services owner John King was shot by a person who appears to be from one of the many unions who have targeted his workers, Toledo News Channel 11 WTOL reports. King is the largest non-union electrical contractor company in the area of southeastern Michigan near the Ohio border.

He has a long history of being on the receiving end of union-related violence, and this case doesn’t appear to be any different. Before shooting him, the gunman etched the word “SCAB” into the side of King’s SUV.

The altercation started when King woke up late last Wednesday to find someone in his driveway. He described the intruder as a “silhouette figure” because he didn’t see the person clearly enough to offer a description. The individual was attempting to vandalize his SUV. When King went outside his Lambertville, Mich., home to confront the person, the vandal shot him in the arm.

Labor unions have attempted, unsuccessfully, to organize King’s employees, and he has been subjected to one legal nightmare after another in the process.

“Since he’s been in business, in addition to the legal battles and verbal abuse, King’s company has been vandalized and threatened on numerous occasions,” LaborUnionReport.com reports. “Unfortunately, the vandalism has never stopped. This year alone, he’s had to report three incidents of damage to police. This doesn’t include the incidents of stalking he and his men have to go through while they’re working.

“In one incident earlier this year, rocks were thrown through the front windows of his shop, one of which had the word ‘kill’ written on it.”

King once joked that the “ice pick” was union organizers’ “weapon of choice” for destroying property and slashing his and his employees’ tires. But he’s not joking anymore after an armed gunman almost took his life.

“We’re in fear a little bit,” King told WTOL. “I have to admit, it’s a little tougher to sleep at night.”

http://dailycaller.com/2011/08/17/union-organizer-suspected-of-shooting-non-union-ohio-employer/

Scary stuff!

MMC
08-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Things are getting bad out there.....flash mobs. People out of work. Now Unions trying to prevent others from gettting work and going after them for being round.

Conley
08-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Things are getting bad out there.....flash mobs. People out of work. Now Unions trying to prevent others from gettting work and going after them for being round.

Are there any mob connections with the unions or have I just been watching too much tv? :)

Mister D
08-18-2011, 02:06 PM

Are there any mob connections with the unions or have I just been watching too much tv? :)

Absolutely. The unions have been one of their traditional rackets. Granted, the mafia has been broken by the feds and doesn't have the power it used to.

Conley
08-18-2011, 02:26 PM
Yeah, definitely back in the day but these days I wasn't sure if there was still a mob element to these things or not.

MMC
08-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Yeah, definitely back in the day but these days I wasn't sure if there was still a mob element to these things or not.

If that starts happening all around the Midwest then you will know its the mob. Definately would be a concern around here. But then Democrats here in Illinois have been turning on the Unions. Teachers Unions and City Workers Unions.....Isnt it the same in California?

Mister D
08-18-2011, 03:29 PM

Like I said, they don't have the influence they used to have so I'm not sure what it's like today. Then again, the unions don't have as much influence either so there's another factor.

MMC
08-18-2011, 03:35 PM
What would you do if you were in such a situation?

Mister D
08-18-2011, 03:53 PM

Having my life threatened by union thugs? Depends on how important the business was to me financially and emotionally.

MMC
08-18-2011, 03:55 PM

Having my life threatened by union thugs? Depends on how important the business was to me financially and emotionally.

Yeah but they went to his home.....not just the attacks on his buisness.

hellraiser
08-18-2011, 05:04 PM

i am using the quote :)

i would call the police that is what they are there for

other countries dont have the murders we do because they have less guns

we dont need a gun in every house just call 911 it is safer too many die in gun mistakes

Pendragon
08-18-2011, 05:22 PM
This is merely a case where one individual was targeted by another. You could just as easily say a man of German ancestry attacted a man of Polish ancestry, or what have you. The fact there is a union involved is not really the issue. It is violence perpetrated by a violent man. The unions are not to blame for psychotic behavior no matter what your politics are.

hellraiser
08-18-2011, 05:33 PM
you are right pendrago

Mister D
08-18-2011, 06:08 PM

i am using the quote :)

i would call the police that is what they are there for

other countries dont have the murders we do because they have less guns

we dont need a gun in every house just call 911 it is safer too many die in gun mistakes

What does calling the police have to do with your claim that the US murder rate is a consequence of its rate of gun ownership? What does it have to do with accidents?

hellraiser
08-18-2011, 06:11 PM
because guns cause mistakes many accidents happen

people should just call 911 not try to be heros

Mister D
08-18-2011, 06:15 PM

If you are being targeted by someone and you happen to get shot it's probably not an accident or a mistake. ;) I don't think you understand MMC's question. He isn't asking what you would do if you see a man with a gun. He's asking what you would do if you were being threatened by an organization.

Pendragon
08-18-2011, 06:39 PM

If you are being targeted by someone and you happen to get shot it's probably not an accident or a mistake. ;) I don't think you understand MMC's question. He isn't asking what you would do if you see a man with a gun. He's asking what you would do if you were being threatened by an organization.

It is a statistical fact that you are more likely to be injured in a gun mishap than ever needing it for personal defense. I believe that is what Hellraiser is pointing out, and it is a fact.

Conley
08-18-2011, 06:44 PM

It is a statistical fact that you are more likely to be injured in a gun mishap than ever needing it for personal defense. I believe that is what Hellraiser is pointing out, and it is a fact.

Do you have a source for that?

Mister D
08-18-2011, 06:56 PM

That may or may not be so but it's irrelevant. That's what I was pointing out. It has nothing to do with what was asked.

Mister D
08-18-2011, 06:59 PM
Pen and hell, just because we disagree doesn't mean we can't be friends. :)

Pendragon
08-18-2011, 07:02 PM

That may or may not be so but it's irrelevant. That's what I was pointing out. It has nothing to do with what was asked.

Of course it is relevant.

Here is your source Conley.

http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/gunviolence

Got it?

Conley
08-18-2011, 07:05 PM
I don't see it on that link ???

Pendragon
08-18-2011, 07:11 PM
From the page I linked:

DID YOU KNOW? On the whole, guns are more likely to raise the risk of injury than to confer protection.

•A gun is 22 times more likely to be used in a completed or attempted suicide, criminal assault or homicide, or unintentional shooting death or injury than to be used in a self-defense shooting. (Kellermann, 1998, p. 263).
•Guns are used to intimidate and threaten 4 to 6 times more often than they are used to thwart crime (Hemenway, p. 269).
•Every year there are only about 200 legally justified self-defense homicides by private citizens (FBI, Expanded Homicide Data, Table 15) compared with over 30,000 gun deaths (NCIPC).
•A 2009 study found that people in possession of a gun are 4.5 times more likely to be shot in an assault (Branas).

Any other questions?

Conley
08-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Ah ok. Thanks.

Mister D
08-18-2011, 07:23 PM

Got it?

How is it relevant? Please explain precisely how this is relevant.

Mister D
08-18-2011, 07:26 PM
From the page I linked:

DID YOU KNOW? On the whole, guns are more likely to raise the risk of injury than to confer protection.

•A gun is 22 times more likely to be used in a completed or attempted suicide, criminal assault or homicide, or unintentional shooting death or injury than to be used in a self-defense shooting. (Kellermann, 1998, p. 263).
•Guns are used to intimidate and threaten 4 to 6 times more often than they are used to thwart crime (Hemenway, p. 269).
•Every year there are only about 200 legally justified self-defense homicides by private citizens (FBI, Expanded Homicide Data, Table 15) compared with over 30,000 gun deaths (NCIPC).
•A 2009 study found that people in possession of a gun are 4.5 times more likely to be shot in an assault (Branas).

Any other questions?

Yes. You claimed the following: "It is a statistical fact that you are more likely to be injured in a gun mishap than ever needing it for personal defense."

Your source does not state this. It states that a gun is 22 times more likely to be used in a completed or attempted suicide, criminal assault or homicide, or unintentional shooting death or injury than to be used in a self-defense shooting. (Kellermann, 1998, p. 263).

Pendragon
08-18-2011, 07:31 PM

Got it?

It is relevent because we are discussing gun crimes. Furthermore my source states exactly what I said it did. Let's not pretend to be obtuse, it's not becoming.

hellraiser
08-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Pen and hell, just because we disagree doesn't mean we can't be friends. :)

:)

mister d did you watch the video with obama ? good no ?

Conley
08-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Who's being obtuse?

Mister D
08-18-2011, 07:35 PM

Got it?

It is relevent because we are discussing gun crimes. Furthermore my source states exactly what I said it did. Let's not pretend to be obtuse, it's not becoming.

You're the only one being obtuse here, Pen. Or is it just dishonesty? Your source states that a gun is more likely to be used in a completed or attempted suicide, criminal assault or homicide, or unintentional shooting death or injury than to be used in a self-defense shooting. That's quite different than your claim that you are more likely to be injured by a "gun mishap" than to use it in self-defense. When we eliminate suicides and crimes does your claim hold true?

Secondly, how is this an argument against using a gun for self-defense?

Mister D
08-18-2011, 07:36 PM
Who's being obtuse?

I guess Pen takes disagreements rather personally.

Mister D
08-18-2011, 07:40 PM
Furthermore, studies show that crime rates go down when citizens are allowed to carry handguns. We can trade studies all night, Pen, but we're off on a tangent. It has nothing to do with the question MMC asked us.

Pendragon
08-18-2011, 07:40 PM
I apologize for overestimating your intelligence.

You honestly believe believe that if we eliminate suicides the factor will decrease from twenty-two to less than one? Just how many suicides do you think there are? You are welcome to post a source that contradicts my claim if you can find one. Otherwise we'll consider the matter closed since you don't appear capable of debating your case.

By the way I am perfectly rational. No offense taken here.

Pendragon
08-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Are we allowed to have other discussions on this board or are we only to answer the questions put forth by a moderator?

Conley
08-18-2011, 07:42 PM

You honestly believe believe that if we eliminate suicides the factor will decrease from twenty-two to less than one? Just how many suicides do you think there are? You are welcome to post a source that contradicts my claim if you can find one. Otherwise we'll consider the matter closed since you don't appear capable of debating your case.

There is a difference between the two statements though. I can see D's point. The statistics you cite include many incidents besides accidents.

Mister D
08-18-2011, 07:46 PM

If you were an intelligent man you'd realize that the bradycampaign.org might have an agenda. ;)

I don't know how many suicides and crimes there are or how that affects your data. Why don't you tell us? You don't have any idea do you? Do you just believe everything you read?

I have no need to refute your claim. You have yet to support it.

Mister D
08-18-2011, 07:47 PM
Are we allowed to have other discussions on this board or are we only to answer the questions put forth by a moderator?

Who is this mysterious moderator?

Conley
08-18-2011, 07:48 PM

I think he means MMC? Since we were discussing his question to all of us.

Mister D
08-18-2011, 07:50 PM

All I said was that hell's comments were irrelevant to the question asked. He can talk about gun stats or his love for BO. I don't care. Not sure why Pen got so pissy.

hellraiser
08-18-2011, 07:51 PM
watch the video!!

Pendragon
08-18-2011, 08:26 PM

All I said was that hell's comments were irrelevant to the question asked. He can talk about gun stats or his love for BO. I don't care. Not sure why Pen got so pissy.

I am not 'pissy'. I think you need to take a deep breath and learn to debate intelligently without resorting to insults. In any event, my question was why can we not have a discussion that goes beyond the question posed earlier in the thread? If Midwest Media Critic is not a moderator I apologize. It seemed as though he was they way you were insisting that we follow his lead.

Conley
08-18-2011, 08:49 PM
watch the video!!

Obama does come across well in that speech, but we were all happy to hear that Osama Bin Laden was no longer a threat.

MMC
08-19-2011, 12:58 AM
Yes my question was about what would one do if an organization came after you. As with this article. It was pointed out that all began with his work and then his shop. Then harassment at job sites and now finally someone shows up at his home. On his property. Then they are vandalizing his truck. But not even stealing anything out of it. Now he gets shot.

Now there is not much info about his family. Who could have small children, a wife, even a pet. Regardless if the Union can claim no responsibility. They have harassed his workers, gone after his livelyhood and now his own land and personal property.

Conley
08-19-2011, 09:19 AM
What can you do in that kind of situation? You can't go out and earn money for your family and at the same time be with them all day and night to protect them. I don't know what I would do, none of it would be easy. I'd probably lawyer up and invest in home protection (gun, security system, etc.) Call in my favors with law enforcement too.

Mister D
08-19-2011, 09:23 AM
What can you do in that kind of situation? You can't go out and earn money for your family and at the same time be with them all day and night to protect them. I don't know what I would do, none of it would be easy. I'd probably lawyer up and invest in home protection (gun, security system, etc.) Call in my favors with law enforcement too.

It would all depend on what the job, business or whatever was worth to me. Sometimes the risk just wouldn't be worth it.

Conley
08-19-2011, 09:29 AM

It would all depend on what the job, business or whatever was worth to me. Sometimes the risk just wouldn't be worth it.

Yeah. It is hard for me to put myself in his shoes...having moved around a lot like I have I wouldn't risk my family's safety for a job. I'd just find another place to live.

Mister D
08-19-2011, 09:37 AM

Yeah. It is hard for me to put myself in his shoes...having moved around a lot like I have I wouldn't risk my family's safety for a job. I'd just find another place to live.

If it waqs just a job I'd feel the same way. Family business I had a strong attachment too etc. I may feel differently.

Pendragon
08-19-2011, 01:46 PM

If you were an intelligent man you'd realize that the bradycampaign.org might have an agenda. ;)

I don't know how many suicides and crimes there are or how that affects your data. Why don't you tell us? You don't have any idea do you? Do you just believe everything you read?

You are giving up that easily? If you look at the Brady website you'll see there are sources there to scientific studies. These are not figures made up by Brady and his people themselves. If you have a scientific study you'd like to share with the group then by all means go ahead. It doesn't even have to be a study, just provide some form of evidence to support your case.

Mister D
08-19-2011, 03:41 PM

You are giving up that easily? If you look at the Brady website you'll see there are sources there to scientific studies. These are not figures made up by Brady and his people themselves. If you have a scientific study you'd like to share with the group then by all means go ahead. It doesn't even have to be a study, just provide some form of evidence to support your case.

It takes you over 15 hours to respond to me and you tell me I'm giving up too easily? ??? :D Again, do you think the Brady website just might have an agenda? Just maybe? ;D Secondly, no one said Brady (do you even know who Brady is?) made anything up.

Again, you simply have not supported your contention with data. Better still, I haven't made a case. I'm just questioning yours. The group is waiting for you to support it.

Pendragon
08-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Oh please. I was waiting for you to post your case. Clearly I'm going to have to wait a while longer. Anyone with a computer and the internet could easily figure out who Brady is. By all means and absolutely post from the NRA website if you can find anything to support your counter claims.

Mister D
08-19-2011, 04:14 PM
My case for what? ??? :D Again, you made a claim. You need to support that claim. So far you haven't. Moreover, all you have made is a claim. You certainly haven't made a case. What exactly is your case, Pen? That guns are really scary and we should rely on our broadswords and magic spells to defeat the bad guys? Perhaps the local wizard can help us?

Yes, I'm glad you finally used your Internet connection to find out who Brady is and what the agenda of that website is. Great job! Yes, the NRA would be equally reliable. You're learning.

Pendragon
08-19-2011, 04:18 PM
It is a statement of how simple your mind is that when I ask you to prove your side you resort to petty insults and jabs. My own debate skills are not in question and I could beat you at a variety of board and dice games as well. Yes, guns are dangerous. Do you refute this as well?

Mister D
08-19-2011, 04:21 PM
It is a statement of how simple your mind is that when I ask you to prove your side you resort to petty insults and jabs. My own debate skills are not in question and I could beat you at a variety of board and dice games as well. Yes, guns are dangerous. Do you refute this as well?

What is my side, Pen? You made a claim. I'm questioning it. If you don't want to support that claim, OK. No need to throw a hissy fit.

Yes, I bet you could crush me at D&D let alone Advanced D&D. :o :o :D

So guns are dangerous. Wow. Great point, Pen. Thank you for your contribution.

Pendragon
08-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Obfuscation does not become you.

Pendragon
08-19-2011, 04:27 PM
What's wrong with being good at my hobbies? If that is supposed to hurt my feelings it does not. Somehow I suspect I am a much happier man than you. Again, I do not wish to make this personal.

Mister D
08-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Obfuscation does not become you.

Elaborate. Don't just make yet another unsupported claim.

MMC
08-20-2011, 02:31 AM
Giving up ones lively-hood. Liquidating a buisness. Selling a home and moving away would be putting one's self at even more of an economic disadvantage. Kids could be in schools. Jobs that were bidded all would have to be finalized. All established, thrown to the side if given up on.

What do you think about the idea of Veterans trying to assist in such a situation. My thinking is that there would be Vets in the Unions Shops and Vets in the Non Union Shops. That they would not be into going after each other or others over such an issue. Do you think it would be enough if they spoke up and said something? As they would be citizens of the community too. Maybe even neighbors to some involved.

hellraiser
08-20-2011, 02:12 PM
mr. critic you change name lol

what would you do? would you call police or shoot man yourself?

i think the idea about vets is good. many countries you have to be in the army but here you get to pick so there is more respect

and mister d you should respect pen too he is very smart

MMC
08-20-2011, 02:20 PM
mr. critic you change name lol

what would you do? would you call police or shoot man yourself?

i think the idea about vets is good. many countries you have to be in the army but here you get to pick so there is more respect

and mister d you should respect pen too he is very smart

Ah thats a simple one for me HR.....if he is on my property destroying stuff and then shoots me in my arm. I shoot back. Course I would like already be prepared when I walked out while he was scribling on my truck. With my pistol already raised to his head. So I don't think he would be able to turn around and get the a shot off. Anymove he makes other than to surrender would put him at severe risk.

hellraiser
08-20-2011, 02:32 PM
you would kill a man for writing on your truck?

this is legal?

MMC
08-20-2011, 02:53 PM

this is legal?

If he is on my property and damaging property. I would first try to get him to surrender. But if he went to raise his gun at me. Then yes I would shoot, and it would be legal.

hellraiser
08-20-2011, 03:25 PM
kill a man for painting is not right i dont think

but if he shoot you then yes. still i think police and 911 best way. first do that shoot only if no other choice.

Mister D
08-20-2011, 03:31 PM

this is legal?

No, he said he'd defend his property with a gun. So would I. In most states you can. What the writer does will decide his fate.

hellraiser
08-20-2011, 03:34 PM

this is legal?

No, he said he'd defend his property with a gun. So would I. In most states you can. What the writer does will decide his fate.

if man keeps writing what you do? shoot or call police?

Mister D
08-20-2011, 04:15 PM

this is legal?

Maybe it would make you happier if I called in some Predator Drones? I mean at least while BO is in office. ;) Making the world a better place. Yes we can!

Depends. If the man was crazy enough to keep writing I may have to smack the man with butt of my shotgun. I'd call the police too.

hellraiser
08-20-2011, 04:36 PM
that is good solution. i agree call the police!

MMC
08-21-2011, 02:49 AM
HR.....calling the police does not mean the danger is over. Especially if the man is on your property. One cannot take the risk that the intruder could cause more damage or even go after one's people on or inside the property.

Also HR do you live in a big city.....metropolis? Sometimes the police cannot do anything. Also if one lives in a rural area it may take some time before the police can get there. Same thing in a big city.

Mister D
08-21-2011, 09:15 AM

I may need some help dragging his unconscious body off my property. ;)

Mister D
08-21-2011, 09:18 AM
HR.....calling the police does not mean the danger is over. Especially if the man is on your property. One cannot take the risk that the intruder could cause more damage or even go after one's people on or inside the property.

Also HR do you live in a big city.....metropolis? Sometimes the police cannot do anything. Also if one lives in a rural area it may take some time before the police can get there. Same thing in a big city.

I'll never understand this mentality or why the police encourage it. If they fail to protect you you can't do anything about it. You can't sue the police for not doing their job. Worse still, I believe they even make it clear that they are not there to protect you but rather to deter crime.

Secondly, that last thing I'd ever want to do is kill someone. That's an experience most people do not want to have.

Conley
08-21-2011, 09:21 AM

Hahah...nice!

Mister D
08-21-2011, 09:28 AM

Hahah...nice!

Once someone is inside your home all bets are off. I'd probably shoot out of fear more than anything else but it's perfectly legal to do so. You're not required to seek an escape from your own home in NJ but you are required to outside the home.

Conley
08-21-2011, 09:39 AM
You're required to seek an escape off your own property provided you're outside?

Conley
08-21-2011, 09:40 AM

this is legal?

Maybe it would make you happier if I called in some Predator Drones? I mean at least while BO is in office. ;) Making the world a better place. Yes we can!

Depends. If the man was crazy enough to keep writing I may have to smack the man with butt of my shotgun. I'd call the police too.

HR, Most people would stop the vandalism once you've got a gun pointed at them but I agree that hitting them with the butt is a good solution. It would be pretty fucking awesome though if you could call in a drone. It'd probably fuck your truck up too though. :-\

MMC
08-21-2011, 10:26 AM

I'll never understand this mentality or why the police encourage it. If they fail to protect you you can't do anything about it. You can't sue the police for not doing their job. Worse still, I believe they even make it clear that they are not there to protect you but rather to deter crime.

Secondly, that last thing I'd ever want to do is kill someone. That's an experience most people do not want to have.

I believe that is why you seen most Police Cars across the Country Changed. Use to say serve and protect. Not all do anymore. Cops number one priority is to Maintain the Establishment and Established Order.

Coming from the heart of the City.....while nowadays most call the cops for all that they see. Such was not the case back in the Sixties and Seventies. It was played more like SGT. SHULTZ of Hogan Heroes. I see Nothing. Hear Nothing. Most of all know Nothing.

Mister D
08-21-2011, 11:22 AM
You're required to seek an escape off your own property provided you're outside?

I'd have to refresh my memory. If you are out and about you are required to flee if practicable. Once someone enters your home the rules change and no jury would ever convict you anyway unless you did something crazy.

Mister D
08-21-2011, 11:24 AM

I believe that is why you seen most Police Cars across the Country Changed. Use to say serve and protect. Not all do anymore. Cops number one priority is to Maintain the Establishment and Established Order.

Coming from the heart of the City.....while nowadays most call the cops for all that they see. Such was not the case back in the Sixties and Seventies. It was played more like SGT. SHULTZ of Hogan Heroes. I see Nothing. Hear Nothing. Most of all know Nothing.

A lot of people don't seem to understand that. The police are a deterrent. They are not a guarantee of protection.

Pendragon
08-21-2011, 11:29 AM
If you're a minority forget about calling the police. They're almost as likely to shoot you as they are the criminal assailant. If we strengthen the gun control laws then we don't have to deal with such problems.

Mister D
08-21-2011, 11:35 AM
If you're a minority forget about calling the police. They're almost as likely to shoot you as they are the criminal assailant. If we strengthen the gun control laws then we don't have to deal with such problems.

Another claim he of course cannot support. Moreover, how would strengthening the gun laws impact anyone in this scenario? ??? The criminal will get a gun if he wants one. The police of course are issued weapons...

MMC
08-21-2011, 11:43 AM

Really.....I live in Chicago. You know home of the Democrats and the last in the Country to fight for gun control.(of course losing) Chicago had the strictest gun-laws in the country. How was it they have been able to top the charts as the murder capital of the World. STill have one of the highest causes of death by gun and is one of the highest in the Country with Gang Shootings. All with their Gun-laws imposed. The last two years Chicago has led the way with the most School kids being killed and shot by guns. Hell half the time the Gang shootings do not even make the news.

Mister D
08-21-2011, 11:46 AM

Really.....I live in Chicago. You know home of the Democrats and the last in the Country to fight for gun control.(of course losing) Chicago had the strictest gun-laws in the country. How was it they have been able to top the charts as the murder capital of the World. STill have one of the highest causes of death by gun and is one of the highest in the Country with Gang Shootings. All with their Gun-laws imposed. The last two years Chicago has led the way with the most School kids being killed and shot by guns. Hell half the time the Gang shootings do not even make the news.

But...but...if we had stricter laws... ;D

Conley
08-21-2011, 11:48 AM

Ouch. Looks like someone got told. ;D

MMC
08-21-2011, 12:28 PM

Ouch. Looks like someone got told. ;D

Truth is.....it doesnt work. Illegal to carry a hand-gun in the city. Illegal for conceal and carry as there was no such thing. Illegal to fire a hand-gun in the city. Background checks. Laws against those who have been convicted of crimes. Laws imposed on those who are considered mentally Challenged. Laws concerning shotguns, Automatic Weapons.

Did any of it work? Did it stop people from getting guns? Buying Guns? What don't the Democrats get, you do all you can to prevent buying and selling. Using and with what is acceptable and what is not. It does not reduce crime. It does not reduce the amounts of incidents that take place. It does not stop injustice from happening! Bottomline.....the Democrats strated with a failed concept from the get go.

Because the right to bear arms isn't just about any specific sort of weapon. It never was! >:D

Mister D
08-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Well said, MMC.

Pendragon
08-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Chicago is only one example.

There are countless of instances where gun control works to minimize violence. How about all of Europe?

Chicago is notoriously corrupt, the laws there don't mean anything. Perhaps you've heard of Al Capone? How well did Prohibition go over there? Not well!

Of course the laws won't be effective if they are not enforced. Had Chicago chosen to actually enforce gun control the results would have been very different. I guarantee it.

Mister D
08-21-2011, 07:23 PM

There are countless of instances where gun control works to minimize violence. How about all of Europe?

Chicago is notoriously corrupt, the laws there don't mean anything. Perhaps you've heard of Al Capone? How well did Prohibition go over there? Not well!

Of course the laws won't be effective if they are not enforced. Had Chicago chosen to actually enforce gun control the results would have been very different. I guarantee it.

It's a problem of non-enforcement? Seriously, Pen? The problem is that Chicago doesn't enforce it's gun laws?

MMC
08-21-2011, 07:38 PM

Try again throw in NY. LA. Detroit.....How Ridiculous you sound the laws are corrupt in Chicago. What you get caught with a hand-gun you going to jail. It was real simple. Thats why Cook County Jail Holds More Prisoners than Most States have in their entire prison populations.....

Hence why Chicago is a Zero Tolerance State.....Cuz they have no laws. Al Capone, the Mob. What did you forget about NEW York and the Crime Families. Vegas and their Connections with West Coast and East Coast Syndicates. Give me a break. All make money and put money in those politicians pockets. Whoever is in power at the time. Did you forget who is tied to UNIONS. Hint-it's Not Republicans.

Pendragon
08-21-2011, 10:48 PM

It's a problem of non-enforcement? Seriously, Pen? The problem is that Chicago doesn't enforce it's gun laws?

Yes. Your reading comprehension is improving!!

You and Midwest Media Critic, ask anyone in this country what is the most corrupt city in America and they will tell you Chicago without a moment's hesitation. Furthermore gun crimes in New York have plummeted with stricter gun laws. Look it up and do your own due diligence. Look at the facts, not what you want to believe.

Mister D
08-22-2011, 07:43 AM

You and Midwest Media Critic, ask anyone in this country what is the most corrupt city in America and they will tell you Chicago without a moment's hesitation. Furthermore gun crimes in New York have plummeted with stricter gun laws. Look it up and do your own due diligence. Look at the facts, not what you want to believe.

So you're just making yet another unsupported assertion. OK. ::)

MMC
08-22-2011, 10:40 AM

Oh Really.....
http://www.chacha.com/question/what-is-the-most-corrupt-city-in-america

Q-What is the most corrupt city in America?

A-Las Vegas is considered one of the most corrupt cities in America. ChaCha again!

Most corrupt state 2010. Louisiana recently beat out Illinois for the most corrupt state honors due to it's politicians. ChaCha again!

Mister D
08-22-2011, 10:43 AM
:D Do the cha cha!

Conley
08-22-2011, 10:46 AM
:D :D :D

WTF is chacha.com? Do they do dance instruction?

http://www.dancecanada.ca/images/Cha%20Cha%20Cha.jpg

Chacha again! >:D

MMC
08-22-2011, 10:51 AM
:D :D :D

WTF is chacha.com? Do they do dance instruction?

http://www.dancecanada.ca/images/Cha%20Cha%20Cha.jpg

Chacha again! >:D

Ask them any question and you will get an answer..... except that stuff about Aliens Gods, Social Norms, etc etc lol

Conley
08-22-2011, 10:55 AM
I will ask them why they are named Cha Cha.

>:D

Chacha again! ;D

Pendragon
08-22-2011, 11:05 AM

Oh Really.....

A-Las Vegas is considered one of the most corrupt cities in America. ChaCha again!

Most corrupt state 2010. Louisiana recently beat out Illinois for the most corrupt state honors due to it's politicians. ChaCha again!

Um, no. Here, try this list of the top 10 cities by corruption standards:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081211175125AAztLmV

Okay, we could trade unsubstantiated links all day but for you to sit here and have the gall to suggest Chicago is not corrupt is just silly. Are you from there or something? It seems to me that you are blind to the problems.

Mister D
08-22-2011, 11:13 AM
He didn't say Chicago was not corrupt. Moreover, what does corruption have to do with enforcing gun control? Can you prove that Chicago's gun control laws are not enforced?

Pendragon
08-22-2011, 11:21 AM
He didn't say Chicago was not corrupt. Moreover, what does corruption have to do with enforcing gun control? Can you prove that Chicago's gun control laws are not enforced?

Can you prove that they are?

Do you ever post content or do you just ask questions of others?

Why do you ask questions if you aren't interested in learning the answers?

Mister D
08-22-2011, 11:24 AM

Can you prove that they are?

Do you ever post content or do you just ask questions of others?

Why do you ask questions if you aren't interested in learning the answers?

You make unsupported claims and criticize my lack of content!? Seriously?

Why don't you stop posting nonsense?

Pendragon
08-22-2011, 11:29 AM
That's three more questions.

Oh, pardon me, I meant "That's three more questions, isn't it?"

See, I can play that game too.

Please try a little substance.

Mister D
08-22-2011, 11:33 AM

What's left to say? You can't support your assertion so we may dismiss it. So there we are.

MMC
08-22-2011, 11:35 AM

Oh Really.....

Um, no. Here, try this list of the top 10 cities by corruption standards:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081211175125AAztLmV

Okay, we could trade unsubstantiated links all day but for you to sit here and have the gall to suggest Chicago is not corrupt is just silly. Are you from there or something? It seems to me that you are blind to the problems.

For you to deny that NY and the Crime Family all those 5 pointers and that LA and Vegas Syndicates are not as corrupt was your misnomer not mine. I already know that almost anything that has to do with Democrats always comes down to that corruption and crime. Hence your Charlie Rangels and Maxine Waters, oh and lets not forget Mr Jefferson and the freezer full of cold azz cash. Again nothing exceeds like excess..... huh?

Conley
08-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Wasn't it Jefferson who escaped prosecution for so long? Or am I confusing him with another Dem? That was such an odd case.

MMC
08-22-2011, 11:37 AM

What's left to say? You can't support your assertion so we may dismiss it. So there we are.

I have already shown it.....The CBO says what he was talking about and the Obama plan was nothing more than a short term fix.

Mister D
08-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Wasn't it Jefferson who escaped prosecution for so long? Or am I confusing him with another Dem? That was such an odd case.

Louisiana has long been known for its corruption.

Conley
08-22-2011, 11:41 AM

True, but there was someone who had been busted and was still going to work and holding office as if nothing had happened. I think it was Mr. Jefferson.

Mister D
08-22-2011, 11:41 AM

I have already shown it.....The CBO says what he was talking about and the Obama plan was nothing more than a short term fix.

We're talking about gun control and Pen's wild accusation that the laws in Chicago are not enforced. In fact, Chocago was taken to court over its strict gun laws only last year!

Conley
08-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Yeah, he kept going as if nothing had happened...even got reelected.

Suspecting Jefferson of bribery, the FBI raided his Congressional offices in May 2006, but he was re-elected later that year. On June 4, 2007, a federal grand jury indicted Jefferson on sixteen charges related to corruption.[24] Jefferson was defeated by Republican Joseph Cao on December 6, 2008,[22] being the most senior Democrat to lose re-election that year.[25] In 2009 he was tried in Virginia on corruption charges.[26]

Eventually they threw the book at him and he went down hard.

MMC
08-22-2011, 11:43 AM

William Jefferson or Jefferson Williams. Dunno! but I do remember the money in the freezer and he got caught. Just Like Rangel got caught. Just Like Waters got caught? Always got their hands in the til.....huh. Notice those 3 didnt come from Illinois.

Please don't even get me started on Jesse Jackson and both Mayor Daleys. Here, he is blaming Republicans for this??? ::) >:D

Oh thats right he has it going on two threads..... :D

Yeah and Chicago Lost like they should have. :D

Mister D
08-22-2011, 11:45 AM

True, but there was someone who had been busted and was still going to work and holding office as if nothing had happened. I think it was Mr. Jefferson.

Well, it's not the first time one of these guys was reelected. Remember Marion Barry?

Conley
08-22-2011, 11:48 AM

Well, it's not the first time one of these guys was reelected. Remember Marion Barry?

Aw, come on. Who doesn't go for a little crack now and again?

When you're in DC, you simply must try the crack. It's like getting crabcakes in Maryland or sourdough bread in San Francisco. ;D

Mister D
08-22-2011, 11:50 AM

Aw, come on. Who doesn't go for a little crack now and again?

When you're in DC, you simply must try the crack. It's like getting crabcakes in Maryland or sourdough bread in San Francisco. ;D

:roflmao:

I could go for some crab cakes...

Conley
08-22-2011, 11:53 AM
Yep, me too. They are delicious.

MMC
08-22-2011, 12:02 PM
I think in the other thread he said to hell with the unions..... :o

Conley
08-22-2011, 12:09 PM

Is that what he said? I couldn't figure out what his point was.

MMC
08-22-2011, 12:15 PM

Is that what he said? I couldn't figure out what his point was.

Well I know it started with something about Wealthy Republicans.....despite what his article was saying. :D

Conley
08-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Maybe somebody from Chicago stole his girlfriend ???

MMC
08-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Maybe somebody from Chicago stole his girlfriend ???

Ya thinks? I was going with he gambled her away..... >:D <evil-grin>

Mister D
08-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Maybe she got smoked? :'( If only they would enforce the gun laws.

hellraiser
08-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Pen is right.

Think of it like this. Guns kill people. Take away guns, now how will people die? Stop guns, stop killing. It is not hard.

Mister D
08-22-2011, 03:37 PM
Pen is right.

Think of it like this. Guns kill people. Take away guns, now how will people die? Stop guns, stop killing. It is not hard.

Automobile accidents, falls, drugs and a whole host of other causes. Why not just lock people away in a room so they don't get hurt? ;)

Conley
08-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Isn't it in England where everyone stabs the crap out of each other? Somehow I think people will still be able to find a way to kill each other. :-\

MMC
08-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Well I still have my swords and battle machetes.....nunchukus, Sai's, and my metal tonfa's. As far as I know most end up running out of ammo. Then it's Game on! >:D ;D