PDA

View Full Version : "Congressman cites dildo law in Texas dis"

TrueBlue
02-05-2015, 09:41 PM
Congressman cites dildo law in Texas dis

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/05/politics/alcee-hastings-frozen-texas/index.html

"The Florida Democrat outlined other Texas laws that he said were "crazy," including one stating "that you can't shoot bears out of the second floor of a window," a law allowing citizens to carry guns in bars and also, "one of their cities has a law that says that women can only have six dildos, and the certain size of things."

=======================================
Oh well. Such a law is said to exist in Texas among other crazy things. Why does it not surprise most of us?

hanger4
02-05-2015, 10:00 PM
Yeah as we all know Texas is the only state with

some dumb laws. http://www.dumblaws.com/

Do you think before you post threads ??

or do your handlers not allow that ??

Captain Obvious
02-05-2015, 10:01 PM
This is why I get out of bed every morning.

:biglaugh:

Fortunately my wife has only two. Well, 3 if you count... nevermind.

hanger4
02-05-2015, 10:02 PM

Soap on a rope for you I see :)

Redrose
02-05-2015, 11:39 PM
I looked at the dumb law link for my state, Tennessee. This one really baffles me.

"you cannot shoot game, other than whales, from a moving vehicle"

Besides the obvious ridiculousness, we are a land locked state.

Hal Jordan
02-06-2015, 02:08 AM
Yeah as we all know Texas is the only state with

some dumb laws. http://www.dumblaws.com/

Do you think before you post threads ??

or do your handlers not allow that ??

I love reading dumb laws...

For VA... "No animal may be hunted for on Sunday with the exception of raccoons, which may be hunted until 2:00 AM."

One I love from the past... http://unusualkentucky.blogspot.com/2008/05/weird-kentucky-laws-bathing-suits-and.html

PA has some great ones... "Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass." "You may not catch a fish by any body part except the mouth." "Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue."

Captain Obvious
02-06-2015, 08:18 AM
I love reading dumb laws...

For VA... "No animal may be hunted for on Sunday with the exception of raccoons, which may be hunted until 2:00 AM."

One I love from the past... http://unusualkentucky.blogspot.com/2008/05/weird-kentucky-laws-bathing-suits-and.html

PA has some great ones... "Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass." "You may not catch a fish by any body part except the mouth." "Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue."

PA, the communist commonwealth...

Redrose
02-06-2015, 02:23 PM
We read some of the other states dumb laws, in Florida it's illegal for a topless dancer to expose her breasts, and a lap dance must be six feet away from the patron.

Several states it's illegal to carry an ice cream cone in your pocket, in some states it's illegal only in the back pocket. What's the deal with ice cream cones????

In one state a vehicle must stop at intersections and fire a gun out of the window to let horse drawn carriages know you're approaching. (hopefully you don't hit the horse)

In Ohio it's illegal for a man to be on another man's back.

PolWatch
02-06-2015, 02:27 PM
I can't help it...someone from Florida is making fun of Texas? sheesh...

Hal Jordan
02-06-2015, 02:37 PM
Another favourite, from the state I was born in, Kansas... "Rabbits may not be shot from motorboats."

More! "The state game rule prohibits the use of mules to hunt ducks." "If two trains meet on the same track, neither shall proceed until the other has passed." How exactly does that work? "Pedestrians crossing the highways at night must wear tail lights." This mental image makes me laugh...

hanger4
02-06-2015, 03:12 PM
We read some of the other states dumb laws, in Florida it's illegal for a topless dancer to expose her breasts, and a lap dance must be six feet away from the patron.

Several states it's illegal to carry an ice cream cone in your pocket, in some states it's illegal only in the back pocket. What's the deal with ice cream cones????

In one state a vehicle must stop at intersections and fire a gun out of the window to let horse drawn carriages know you're approaching. (hopefully you don't hit the horse)

In Ohio it's illegal for a man to be on another man's back.

I think it's the ol "Is that a cone in your pocket or are you just happy to see me ??"

silvereyes
02-06-2015, 03:27 PM
I looked at the dumb law link for my state, Tennessee. This one really baffles me.

"you cannot shoot game, other than whales, from a moving vehicle"

Besides the obvious ridiculousness, we are a land locked state.

Mebbe they meant at walmart? ;)

Redrose
02-06-2015, 03:45 PM
In West Virginia, a man may beat his wife, but only on Sundays on the steps of the Courthouse.
(Hopefully, she can beat the crap out of him on the way back home)

In Georgia it's illegal to eat peanuts in public on Wednesdays.

In Rhode Island it's illehgal to throw pickle juice on a trolley.

It's illegal to wear transparent clothing in R.I.

The funny thing is these things probably happened prompting the law to be written.

silvereyes
02-06-2015, 03:54 PM
Theres one in texas that says something about women can only drive on sunday if their husdumb walks in front of the car.

Redrose
02-06-2015, 04:06 PM
Theres one in texas that says something about women can only drive on sunday if their husdumb walks in front of the car.

Yes, with a lantern to warn other drivers she is coming their way. Boy, I hope he trusts her implicitly.

"gee officer, I was blinded by the light and thought I hit a speed bump"

Howey
02-06-2015, 06:18 PM

"Mr. Happy"

TrueBlue
02-06-2015, 10:27 PM
We should have figured it would be something like that coming from TEXAS!

hanger4
02-06-2015, 10:44 PM
We should have figured it would be something like that coming from TEXAS!

You're such a :tool20:

Redrose
02-07-2015, 12:01 AM
I like Texas. It's a great state.

PolWatch
02-07-2015, 12:05 AM
Texas is a great place...but an odd one. I don't know if its the same now but when I went to school there you had Texas history pounded into you. It was easy to forget that a place called America existed or that Texas was a part of it.

Did you know that the phrase "Don't Mess with Texas" was actually an anti-litter campaign slogan?

Redrose
02-07-2015, 12:08 AM
Texas is a great place...but an odd one. I don't know if its the same now but when I went to school there you had Texas history pounded into you. It was easy to forget that a place called America existed or that Texas was a part of it.

Did you know that the phrase "Don't Mess with Texas" was actually an anti-litter campaign slogan?

Hey all the states are a little "odd". lol I had one of the best vacations ever in Texas. I liked the people and the food.

Hal Jordan
02-07-2015, 03:09 AM
Hey all the states are a little "odd". lol I had one of the best vacations ever in Texas. I liked the people and the food.

Dr Pepper is made in Texas... That's enough for me...

I miss Dublin Dr Pepper...

Common
02-07-2015, 03:39 AM

Texas is fine, the people are fine. Its the politics and their politicians that are idiots.
Look texas politicians are OWNED bought and paid for by big texas Oil. Texas will always have insane right wing laws that benefit a small segment of texas.

Redrose
02-07-2015, 03:57 AM
Well, I'm more conservative right than our current GOP, but not as far right as some of our Tea Partiers.
I'm a fiscal conservative and a social moderate, so Texas politics didn't really jump out at me.