PDA

View Full Version : Rick Perry Stands By His 'Treasonous Bernanke' Attack

Conley
08-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Republican presidential candidate Rick Perry is not backing down from his controversial remark that it would be "almost treasonous" for Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke to try to boost the U.S. economy ahead of next year's election.

"I am just passionate about the issue and we stand by what we said," Perry told CNN on Tuesday.

At a Monday appearance in Iowa, the Texas governor said Bernanke's actions intended to boost the economy out the worst recession since the Great Depression are "almost treasonous."

"If this guy prints more money between now and the election, I dunno what y'all would do to him in Iowa but we would treat him pretty ugly down in Texas. Printing more money to play politics at this particular time in American history is almost treasonous in my opinion," Perry said when asked about his views on the Federal Reserve.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20093433-503544.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody

Perry said printing more money would be treasonous, but some media outfits are spinning it saying that Perry said that helping the economy improve would be treasonous. See how it is spun above?

Conley
08-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Of course we all know Paul is the only one who will go after the Fed...Perry won't change a thing.

Mister D
08-18-2011, 11:37 AM
I don't know if I would use the term treasonous but it would seem criminal.

Conley
08-18-2011, 11:38 AM

I would say both but I admit a lot of the economics is over my head. Still I don't have any trust or love for the Fed.

Conley
08-18-2011, 11:42 AM
See how it is spun up above though? If you don't read the actual quote from Perry you get a very different impression. At least I did.

Mister D
08-18-2011, 11:46 AM

I would say both but I admit a lot of the economics is over my head. Still I don't have any trust or love for the Fed.

Is it about economics or about politics? Flushing the economy with newly printed cash seems like a short term political or election year strategy than a viable economic strategy.

MMC
08-18-2011, 12:58 PM

Is it about economics or about politics? Flushing the economy with newly printed cash seems like a short term political or election year strategy than a viable economic strategy.

Agreed there D.....as much as I would like the FED out of the way. I dont think bernanke is acting in any treasonous manner. Criminal maybe but definately not treason. Plus I think now Perry has admitted to his remarks being over the top.

Mister D
08-18-2011, 01:00 PM

Agreed there D.....as much as I would like the FED out of the way. I dont think bernanke is acting in any treasonous manner. Criminal maybe but definately not treason. Plus I think now Perry has admitted to his remarks being over the top.

if anything, he's acting like a normal politician... :-\ :-[

MMC
08-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Althought it is surprising how he has jumped in and already has a double digit lead on Romney. Its like the entire GOP is so Desperate to throw their full support behind this guy. He fired the shot cross Bachmann and she knows it.....that was like cold hearted politics played there. To prove his point he leads her by Double Digits in 2 polls. At least thats what I heard on WBBM Radio this morining.

Mister D
08-18-2011, 01:26 PM
Althought it is surprising how he has jumped in and already has a double digit lead on Romney. Its like the entire GOP is so Desperate to throw their full support behind this guy. He fired the shot cross Bachmann and she knows it.....that was like cold hearted politics played there. To prove his point he leads her by Double Digits in 2 polls. At least thats what I heard on WBBM Radio this morining.

Could just be some early excitement. We'll see in a couple weeks.

MMC
08-18-2011, 01:48 PM

Could just be some early excitement. We'll see in a couple weeks.

The way Murphy, Bennett, and Christol are talking.....they think the only Apple Cart in his way is New Hampshire.

Conley
08-23-2011, 09:59 PM
A few days later and it still seems he will roll. I see no opposition. Romney may well carry NH due to him being from the region, but Perry is the favorite.