PDA

View Full Version : Congress needs a pay cut — so he's donating 10% of his $174K salary

Cigar
02-06-2015, 11:27 AM
At least, that’s the opinion of Reps. Brad Ashford, D-Neb., and Dave Loebsack, D-Iowa.

Ashford has signed on to Loebsack’s proposal to reduce by 10 percent the salaries of members of Congress — now set at $174,000.

“The last four years in Congress have been some of the least productive in our nation’s history,” said Ashford, who was elected in November. “The partisanship and gridlock have reached an all-time high, and when I travel around the 2nd District, Nebraskans tell me they want accountability.”

FULL story at link.

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/omaha.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/5/90/5905c55a-d6d6-5522-9a11-5f476a8dcdee/54d44a44847f3.image.jpg

KENT SIEVERS

Democrat Brad Ashford says it’s silly for members of Congress to be paid so much when they do so little.

Read more: http://www.omaha.com/news/politics/brad-ashford-thinks-congress-needs-a-pay-cut-so-he/article_cbca23f3-23bc-508d-af1d-8c7bb4b067eb.html

:applause:

PolWatch
02-06-2015, 11:32 AM
I agree they are overpaid for underwork. I would like to see them pass a bill cutting their pensions....they authorized that for companies that were having funding problems. No one can tell me that the US government isn't having similar funding issues....why should they be special?

Captain Obvious
02-06-2015, 11:58 AM
I agree they are overpaid for underwork. I would like to see them pass a bill cutting their pensions....they authorized that for companies that were having funding problems. No one can tell me that the US government isn't having similar funding issues....why should they be special?

He's probably getting 100 times that back in kickbacks from the DNC lobby.

:biglaugh:

Cigar
02-06-2015, 12:07 PM
He's probably getting 100 times that back in kickbacks from the DNC lobby.

:biglaugh:

All the more reason for not taking taxpayer money for doing bacisly nothing. The fact that he's not in complete denail that Congress is overpaid and that Congress has done absolutly nothing worthy of earning their pay, is a huge step in the maturation process of current politics. As funny as it may seam, guess who the joke is on?

Cthulhu
02-07-2015, 01:50 PM
Salaries mean jack. Remove their abilities to take advantage if insider trading. Forbid them to own stock in any companies, or anything like it.

That would be a real punch in the nose.

These guys aren't geniuses, but magically they are millionaires when they get out of office.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Green Arrow
02-07-2015, 04:34 PM
Why only 10%? Why not 50%? 75%?

donttread
02-08-2015, 08:22 AM

Cut the salary in half. Not bad money for a part time job where you never have to actually succeed at anything