PDA

View Full Version : Do you favor ending the Department of Labor?

iustitia
02-06-2015, 04:00 PM
Should the Labor Department go?

Cigar
02-06-2015, 04:03 PM

May as well, it's not like we're going to make any investment anyway.

Ransom
02-06-2015, 04:08 PM
But...they're doing such a great job

hanger4
02-06-2015, 04:09 PM
What does it do ??

Cigar
02-06-2015, 04:22 PM
What does it do ??

Piss Republicans Off :laugh:

Cthulhu
02-06-2015, 04:54 PM
Yes.

Sent from my evil cell phone.

Howey
02-06-2015, 04:57 PM
What does it do ??

Question: What does the Department of Labor do?
Answer: The Department of Labor (DOL) fosters and promotes the welfare of the job seekers, wage earners, and retirees of the United States by improving their working conditions, advancing their opportunities for profitable employment, protecting their retirement and health care benefits, helping employers find workers, strengthening free collective bargaining, and tracking changes in employment, prices, and other national economic measurements. In carrying out this mission, the Department administers a variety of Federal labor laws including those that guarantee workers’ rights to safe and healthful working conditions; a minimum hourly wage and overtime pay; freedom from employment discrimination; unemployment insurance; and other income support.

IOW it keeps your employer from screwing you.

Chris
02-06-2015, 05:09 PM
Here I thought they were in charge of regulating pregnancies.

hanger4
02-06-2015, 05:10 PM
Answer: The Department of Labor (DOL) fosters and promotes the welfare of the job seekers, wage earners, and retirees of the United States by improving their working conditions, advancing their opportunities for profitable employment, protecting their retirement and health care benefits, helping employers find workers, strengthening free collective bargaining, and tracking changes in employment, prices, and other national economic measurements. In carrying out this mission, the Department administers a variety of Federal labor laws including those that guarantee workers’ rights to safe and healthful working conditions; a minimum hourly wage and overtime pay; freedom from employment discrimination; unemployment insurance; and other income support.

Oh, so there's no laws on the books that do any

of what you stated ??

Common Sense
02-06-2015, 05:17 PM

of what you stated ??

Do you think the police enforce those laws??? They aren't aware of labor laws.

gamewell45
02-06-2015, 05:43 PM

Bad idea; you'd have people taking matters into their own hands which would mean violence in many situations.

del
02-06-2015, 05:45 PM

the free market takes care of that

lol

Chris
02-06-2015, 06:04 PM
the free market takes care of that

lol

Would.

:D

Howey
02-06-2015, 06:15 PM

of what you stated ??

Sure there are. All laws enforced by the Labor Dept.

del
02-06-2015, 06:21 PM
Would.

:D

and if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle

Chris
02-06-2015, 06:25 PM
and if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle

That's true too.

del
02-06-2015, 07:18 PM
That's true too.

and every bit as likely

Mr. Right
02-06-2015, 08:08 PM

If you're a good worker, you don't need a union. I've been on jobs that paid more than union wages, had better bennies than union, and I didn't have to work with fools, slackers, and criminals. If I got an insubordinate, non complient stooge, one phone call and they were gone. That would have gone away with unionization and my company's customers safety and well being would suffer as well. No union for me.

del
02-06-2015, 08:43 PM
employers never, ever screw good employees.

uh huh

Chris
02-06-2015, 09:02 PM
and every bit as likely

Why does government mismanage your aunt too?

Mr. Right
02-06-2015, 09:43 PM
employers never, ever screw good employees.

uh huh

del, my friend, sometimes when you're at a loss for an arguement, you just get pitiful.

del
02-06-2015, 09:44 PM
del, my friend, sometimes when you're at a loss for an arguement, you just get pitiful.

so your position is that employers never screw good employees? really?

also, i realize that you'll call me petty for pointing it out, but you're spelling argument wrong

Mr. Right
02-06-2015, 09:46 PM
I guess, that you have to experience what comes with being a good employee.. . My bosses were flying me everywhere, I changed their bottom line to the better, no CC expense (restaurant/bar) was questioned. Free rental car. They even paid to ship my fishing rods home. LOL!

del
02-06-2015, 09:59 PM
I guess, that you have to experience what comes with being a good employee.. . My bosses were flying me everywhere, I changed their bottom line to the better, no CC expense (restaurant/bar) was questioned. Free rental car. They even paid to ship my fishing rods home. LOL!

wow, that's very impressive.

no, really, especially the part where you didn't have to walk from the airport with your fishing rods slung over your back

unfortunately, it's meaningless in the context of labor relations in a macro sense

cool story, though, and you even managed not to answer my question and slip in an attempt to demean my employment history

pretty impressive for someone who can't spell argument.

my hat is off to you, mr i-got-to-eat-and-drink-on-the-road.

kudos

Mr. Right
02-06-2015, 10:21 PM
Spell nazi... I usually police myself. I blame my inferior intellect and good rum.

BTW, you know this, del... when you make someone a bundle of money, they do treat you well.

del
02-06-2015, 10:53 PM
Spell nazi... I usually police myself. I blame my inferior intellect and good rum.

BTW, you know this, del... when you make someone a bundle of money, they do treat you well.

yes, i do know that

what does that have to do with your apparent contention that every employer treats good employees fairly and would continue to do so if not compelled to by law?

this isn't rocket science, surely a road warrior like you can answer a simple question, no?

Reason10
02-07-2015, 11:15 PM

Interesting question.

Out here in the fly over land, when something is not working we throw it away, or if it is human we FIRE it.
For some reason, things that don't work in government are given increases in funding.

The Department of Labor has NEVER created even ONE job in the private sector.
The Department of Education has NEVER educated even ONE child.
The Department of Energy has never produce even ONE kilowatt hour of electricity, ONE gallon of gasoline, etc.

Hal Jordan
02-08-2015, 01:00 AM

If they are half-decent, yes... Unfortunately, too many aren't even half decent...

Cthulhu
02-09-2015, 08:49 PM
Any reason to get rid of a government agency is a good one.

Sent from my evil cell phone.