PDA

View Full Version : Stopping violence.

Brett Nortje
02-08-2015, 11:08 PM
There must be a way to stop this terrible thing. if people that are bigger than the ones they are hurting, typically, people only bully in one way or another. this can be done with your physical size, or the power you have over them. so, where to start?

If we were to encourage people to band together, like into groups, and publicly be acknowledged as part of that group, no matter how big it is, people will think twice before they hurt them or intimidate them, yes?

Or, if people were to wear cameras or things that make a noise when they are attacked, then there will be evidence and then there will be responses.

momsapplepie
02-08-2015, 11:22 PM
Sorry, but you're hitting up the wrong crowd here. They allow posters to wish violence and bodily harm on people in this group.

Redrose
02-08-2015, 11:26 PM
There must be a way to stop this terrible thing. if people that are bigger than the ones they are hurting, typically, people only bully in one way or another. this can be done with your physical size, or the power you have over them. so, where to start?

If we were to encourage people to band together, like into groups, and publicly be acknowledged as part of that group, no matter how big it is, people will think twice before they hurt them or intimidate them, yes?

Or, if people were to wear cameras or things that make a noise when they are attacked, then there will be evidence and then there will be responses.

We have that here already, it's called "gangs". It causes more violence in their territorial neighborhoods. Gang warfare. Not a good idea.

We have to stop pussyfooting around with political correctness and start recognizing and naming the problem. We can't fight our enemies if we refuse to identify it.

There used to be a time when an American traveling worldwide, with an American passport was safe. Everyone knew if an American was harmed they had the full force of the USA to deal with.
Our current administration has reduced us to a joke, a punchline on the world stage. Obama has taken the teeth out of our bite and reduced our bark to a whimper.

Now that the US has taken a backseat to these issues, there is no strong power, no leader in the world to keep a lid on the violence and genocide spreading.

The best way to keep peace in the world is to show a strong hand, and back it up.

Teddy Roosevelt said "speak softly, and carry a big stick".

Obama talks a good game, and carries a 9 iron.

Peter1469
02-08-2015, 11:33 PM
Sorry, but you're hitting up the wrong crowd here. They allow posters to wish violence and bodily harm on people in this group.

Tell that to the several perma banned members- you probably can find them taking refuge at Tinn forum.

momsapplepie
02-09-2015, 12:27 AM
Tell that to the several perma banned members- you probably can find them taking refuge at Tinn forum.

No.
How about I tell it to the members here.

You allowed a favorite buddy of yours to Insult me, Attack and slur my family, and wish violence and physical harm on me.
Truth now Peter, or are you afraid members and the public will see your acquiescence with abuse?
Are you ready to back it up?
Are you okay with a favorite poster here, telling another member she deserves to be pimp slapped upside the head by her husband?
Now, counselor, shall we move to the next question
YOU are divorced?
OMG! Isn't that leading!

momsapplepie
02-09-2015, 12:29 AM
How do YOU like it?

momsapplepie
02-09-2015, 12:43 AM
One more question counselor,
When did you stop beating your wives?

momsapplepie
02-09-2015, 01:55 AM
Pol, I acknowledge you did your part, that which you knew was wrong. Thank you for that. I also acknowledge GR. I know in my heart he would not have backed lil eddie in wishing me harm. I'm only sorry you fell to the lure and praise to post count. I know you are naïve as a manager to realize what that means.

PolWatch
02-09-2015, 02:02 AM
I'm sorry that you feel the issue was not taken seriously. I felt the remark was bad faith but I really didn't see a threat of violence toward anyone. I understand we all have a different perspective. I am sorry you feel you would be happier at another forum...we will miss you.

momsapplepie
02-09-2015, 02:19 AM
No. I see you didn't. I know you are too naïve and too minor to make that decision on your own. You had a horse bit to lead you.
I'm sure you wouldn't take it kindly if someone said your husband beat you and you deserved it in the normal course of disagreement of discussion on a political thread.
Like Peter told me before in a private discussion, "I hope he doesn't treat you that way" and that was after he called my husband a "POS".
That's the kind of leadership you follow.

Don't worry about me, sweetie, I'm an old hand at political groups. I don't need your invite to go. They've been doing that to me here for sometime.
I'll be the one to choose when I leave.

PolWatch
02-09-2015, 02:27 AM
I did not mean that to be an invite to go....just the opposite. I think you bring a voice to this forum that will be missed if you do go. There were issues here with your husband and, unfortunately, you have received some harsh remarks and feelings that he created. It makes for a difficult situation all around.

I have seen the other forum. I have seen the sort of things they not only allow but encourage and I think you are better than that. A place that allows and encourages a man to rant and rave because he was denied admittance to a group set up for women to discuss sensitive issues such as sexual abuse....not a place I would want to be seen in.

momsapplepie
02-09-2015, 02:38 AM
You allow male psychos describe the kind of violence they want husbands to do to their wives. Oh! and the women deserve it!
Do I deserve that here?

momsapplepie
02-09-2015, 02:45 AM
Does any woman deserve that?

PolWatch
02-09-2015, 02:46 AM
I am sorry that you feel that was the situation.

Guerilla
02-09-2015, 02:59 AM
We have that here already, it's called "gangs". It causes more violence in their territorial neighborhoods. Gang warfare. Not a good idea.

We have to stop pussyfooting around with political correctness and start recognizing and naming the problem. We can't fight our enemies if we refuse to identify it.

There used to be a time when an American traveling worldwide, with an American passport was safe. Everyone knew if an American was harmed they had the full force of the USA to deal with.
Our current administration has reduced us to a joke, a punchline on the world stage. Obama has taken the teeth out of our bite and reduced our bark to a whimper.

Now that the US has taken a backseat to these issues, there is no strong power, no leader in the world to keep a lid on the violence and genocide spreading.

The best way to keep peace in the world is to show a strong hand, and back it up.

Teddy Roosevelt said "speak softly, and carry a big stick".

Obama talks a good game, and carries a 9 iron.

Gangs were started by minorities to protect themselves. Then they needed to make money, so they got into black market, which makes things dangerous. The state makes things illegal, treats people like criminals, then people act like criminals.

Redrose please name a serious threat to America. Then please explain your master plan for eliminating that enemy. I see a lot of warmongers, but I never see a good plan.

momsapplepie
02-09-2015, 02:59 AM
I'm sorry you and the other mods didn't see the situation. I honestly felt it was better than that here.

momsapplepie
02-09-2015, 03:00 AM
I see I was wrong in believing moderation was different and honest here.
No sweat. I can deal with all types of Ahs.

Redrose
02-09-2015, 03:08 AM
Gangs were started by minorities to protect themselves. Then they needed to make money, so they got into black market, which makes things dangerous. The state makes things illegal, treats people like criminals, then people act like criminals.

Redrose please name a serious threat to America. Then please explain your master plan for eliminating that enemy. I see a lot of warmongers, but I never see a good plan.

I see Middle Eastern terrorists a serious threat to us. I have no idea how to stop it. All I know is our current leaders refuse to address it. He is a weak President, which has not helped. If you do not agree with me I understand, but nothing you say will alter my opinion of the situation.

Guerilla
02-09-2015, 03:31 AM
I see Middle Eastern terrorists a serious threat to us. I have no idea how to stop it. All I know is our current leaders refuse to address it. He is a weak President, which has not helped. If you do not agree with me I understand, but nothing you say will alter my opinion of the situation.

Your statement seems to have a lot of unknowns. This is why we should have a test to vote. Do people even understand what the fuck they are talking about? That is basically what I am asking you. Do you know what you are talking about?

Not addressing the issue? You mean like when they aided the wrong militias, eading to further problems in the region? Or how they keep overthrowing governments and leaving the countries radicalized and shitty? Or when they drone bomb people all the time, who they haven't even properly identified, leading to innocent death? They try to address the issue, the problem is there is no easy way to do it, and basically everything we have done leads to a worse situation.

They want us to leave them the fuck alone. Some people in the middle east don't like the radicals, and will likely be able to handle them or at least occupy them, we don't even have to do anything. Us trying to help, makes tings worse-Bottom line. You can't prove it wrong, because you don't understand anything about the subject. How can you even vote for a candidate, or plan, with a sound conscience, even though you don't know anything about it?

If you do not agree with me I understand, but nothing you say will alter my opinion of the situation

I have no problem agreeing to disagree. But what is your opinion based on? You can't or don't seem to want to explain for some reason.

momsapplepie
02-09-2015, 03:45 AM
Nice try rose. Thanks anyway.
I will take the issue of posters here wishing violence on others, and mods letting them get away with it. in another place.
Enjoy your discussion.

Guerilla
02-09-2015, 03:53 AM
I will take the issue of posters here wishing violence on others, and mods letting them get away with it. in another place.
Enjoy your discussion.

Well that was harsh..

Redrose
02-09-2015, 04:01 AM
Your statement seems to have a lot of unknowns. This is why we should have a test to vote. Do people even understand what the fuck they are talking about? That is basically what I am asking you. Do you know what you are talking about?

Not addressing the issue? You mean like when they aided the wrong militias, eading to further problems in the region? Or how they keep overthrowing governments and leaving the countries radicalized and shitty? Or when they drone bomb people all the time, who they haven't even properly identified, leading to innocent death? They try to address the issue, the problem is there is no easy way to do it, and basically everything we have done leads to a worse situation.

They want us to leave them the fuck alone. Some people in the middle east don't like the radicals, and will likely be able to handle them or at least occupy them, we don't even have to do anything. Us trying to help, makes tings worse-Bottom line. You can't prove it wrong, because you don't understand anything about the subject. How can you even vote for a candidate, or plan, with a sound conscience, even though you don't know anything about it?

I have no problem agreeing to disagree. But what is your opinion based on? You can't or don't seem to want to explain for some reason.

I'm not in any mood to get into a pissing match with you, so get off my ass. That is why I tried to give you a polite answer. I am probably more informed than 60% of this forum so take your pot shots somewhere else.

Peter1469
02-09-2015, 06:49 AM
We went through hoops to ban CL without banning you.
No.

You allowed a favorite buddy of yours to Insult me, Attack and slur my family, and wish violence and physical harm on me.
Truth now Peter, or are you afraid members and the public will see your acquiescence with abuse?
Are you okay with a favorite poster here, telling another member she deserves to be pimp slapped upside the head by her husband?
YOU are divorced?
OMG! Isn't that leading!

Peter1469
02-09-2015, 06:53 AM
One more question counselor,
When did you stop beating your wives?

I haven't. :shocked:

Don't ask questions that can result in an ambiguous response.

donttread
02-09-2015, 07:18 AM
I fear that when it's all said and done future generations may look at "man's inhumanity to man" as our defining feature

Peter1469
02-09-2015, 07:33 AM
I fear that when it's all said and done future generations may look at "man's inhumanity to man" as our defining feature

We already do.

Safety
02-09-2015, 07:47 AM
No.

YOU are divorced?
OMG! Isn't that leading!

I'm sorry you and the other mods didn't see the situation. I honestly felt it was better than that here.

I see I was wrong in believing moderation was different and honest here.
No sweat. I can deal with all types of Ahs.

Enjoy your discussion.

What is amazing is the fact that you cannot see the amount of leeway you get compared to other members here. Openly questioning mods and mod actions is a pretty strict violation on pretty much any forum. Now, I don't like you, and pretty much have never liked your posting style, because you seem to want to cry foul whenever you are losing a debate, but that does not mean I approve of any wrongdoing to be done to you. I just think you are going the wrong way about this.

momsapplepie
02-09-2015, 11:08 AM
We went through hoops to ban CL without banning you.
really? what had I done to be banned for? That said, CL never wished bodily harm on anyone either.

momsapplepie
02-09-2015, 11:13 AM
What is amazing is the fact that you cannot see the amount of leeway you get compared to other members here. Openly questioning mods and mod actions is a pretty strict violation on pretty much any forum. Now, I don't like you, and pretty much have never liked your posting style, because you seem to want to cry foul whenever you are losing a debate, but that does not mean I approve of any wrongdoing to be done to you. I just think you are going the wrong way about this.
What's even more amazing is no one asked for your opinion either.
In the meantime, the group allows their pet psycho to wish violence and bodily harm on other posters here.
I'm here to TELL everyone, not question what the mods have done.

Reason10
02-09-2015, 11:14 AM

You probably think bullying began when you first decided to start paying attention. That's why you're acting so surprised when you hear of it.

There are some realities of the world that apparently have been kept from your innocent eyes and ears. And because of that, you seem to be traumatized by an ordinary fact of life.

To bring you up to speed with the REAL WORLD, human beings occasionally do horrible things. (This is assuming you have no idea of the history of the 20th Century) Bullying? How about mass murder? How about beheading innocent victims, burning innocent victims to death. All within the DNA capability of Homo Sape, what Stephen King once called the "deadliest, most vicious motherfucker in the jungle." (Paraphrased from "Cell.")

So you're surprised at bullies? Probably you should never watch an Ultimate Fighting match. I've been around a while and those things gross even me out.

Captain Obvious
02-09-2015, 11:52 AM
really? what had I done to be banned for? That said, CL never wished bodily harm on anyone either.

I think this is Chopped Liver using this account and using this "bodily harm threat" taken entirely out of context as a reason to piss and moan about being banned way back for being a flaming douche.

It's a shame too, MAP was just starting to be productive.

momsapplepie
02-09-2015, 11:54 AM
And I think you're full of shit as usual. Go take your morning dump on someone else.

Captain Obvious
02-09-2015, 11:56 AM
And I think you're full of shit as usual. Go take your morning dump on someone else.

This repetitive flaming isn't typical of MAP but it's business as usual for CL.

Just saying, keep this in mind people. This guy was a real piece of slime.

momsapplepie
02-09-2015, 12:03 PM
This ^is one of those people who helps protect a psycho who wishes violence and bodily harm on posters here.

Matty
02-09-2015, 12:04 PM

He is is full of shit. I remember when Exotix made that assholian statement!

Captain Obvious
02-09-2015, 12:17 PM
Anyone care to find it and link it here for everyone to see?

Cigar
02-09-2015, 12:21 PM
I leard at an early age, hit a MF'er in the nose and they will leave you alone, it doesn't matter what size they are. :grin:

Matty
02-09-2015, 12:22 PM
Anyone care to find it and link it here for everyone to see?

Captain Obvious
02-09-2015, 12:29 PM

MAP has said worse about other people.

CL has said far, far worse.

People need to understand the concept of glass houses and throwing stones better.

/thread

Matty
02-09-2015, 12:30 PM
Now, MAP, I can assure you that the evidence being provided will now be totally ignored because you are a conservative and the Attack came from Exotix!

PolWatch
02-09-2015, 12:31 PM
There was banishment to the hole for 24 hours.

Matty
02-09-2015, 12:33 PM
MAP has said worse about other people.

CL has said far, far worse.

People need to understand the concept of glass houses and throwing stones better.

/thread

Okay, dude! Provide the "worse" that MAP has said!

Captain Obvious
Now, MAP, I can assure you that the evidence being provided will now be totally ignored because you are a conservative and the Attack came from Exotix!

And Protectionist is a conservative, he directly threatened to "kick someone's ass" and nothing.

You whine way, way too fucking much.

Captain Obvious
Okay, dude! Provide the "worse" that MAP has said!

Bye

Matty
02-09-2015, 12:35 PM
And Protectionist is a conservative, he directly threatened to "kick someone's ass" and nothing.

You whine way, way too fucking much.

You lie too fucking much

Cigar
02-09-2015, 12:36 PM
I say we all step outside and settle this once and for all ... :laugh:

Matty
02-09-2015, 12:37 PM
Bye

That's right. Run from your lie!

momsapplepie
02-09-2015, 03:39 PM
So, an appropriate thread about stopping violence yet when I point out the group's pet psycho who wishes violence and bodily harm on people and how the mods allow him to do so while others are banned for much less, I'm threatened with a thread ban.
Oh and my post telling the truth is moved to flame out. yep, gotta protect the psycho.

PolWatch
02-09-2015, 03:41 PM
If you have a question about mod actions, please use the PM function

momsapplepie
02-09-2015, 03:43 PM
No question, just the truth in plain language.

silvereyes
02-09-2015, 04:24 PM
That's right. Run from your lie!

Hes not lying. He did that.

Peter1469
02-09-2015, 04:25 PM
The default way to ban would have cut out your IP address.

CL was one of the most vile people to post here.

momsapplepie
02-09-2015, 04:28 PM
The default way to ban would have cut out your IP address.

CL was one of the most vile people to post here.
Oh so that is why you allow the pet psycho to get away with wishing violence and bodily harm on me?

PolWatch
02-09-2015, 04:31 PM
momsapplepie has been thread banned...do not respond to her posts

Matty
02-09-2015, 04:35 PM
Hes not lying. He did that.

He's lying!

silvereyes
02-09-2015, 04:40 PM
No, hes not.

Captain Obvious
02-09-2015, 04:41 PM
momsapplepie has been thread banned...do not respond to her posts

http://www.poobou.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/eddie-murphy-as-buckwheat.jpg

Matty
02-09-2015, 04:42 PM
http://www.poobou.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/eddie-murphy-as-buckwheat.jpg

Asshole!

PolWatch
02-09-2015, 04:43 PM
do not call members names

Matty
02-09-2015, 04:44 PM
He is

Safety
02-09-2015, 04:48 PM
He is

http://s16.postimg.org/781l0wv05/Butthurt_zps9cd01634.png

Captain Obvious
02-09-2015, 04:50 PM
He is

Correct

Brett Nortje
02-09-2015, 06:22 PM
You probably think bullying began when you first decided to start paying attention. That's why you're acting so surprised when you hear of it.

There are some realities of the world that apparently have been kept from your innocent eyes and ears. And because of that, you seem to be traumatized by an ordinary fact of life.

To bring you up to speed with the REAL WORLD, human beings occasionally do horrible things. (This is assuming you have no idea of the history of the 20th Century) Bullying? How about mass murder? How about beheading innocent victims, burning innocent victims to death. All within the DNA capability of Homo Sape, what Stephen King once called the "deadliest, most vicious $#@! in the jungle." (Paraphrased from "Cell.")

So you're surprised at bullies? Probably you should never watch an Ultimate Fighting match. I've been around a while and those things gross even me out.

Well, to stop even more violence, we should put up posters all over the show of police and lots of down trodden people fighting back, or, like really 'cool' looking people being beaten up by really 'weak' looking people? this will brain wash the masses, basically.

silvereyes
02-10-2015, 04:27 PM
I am a firm believer in "violence begins at home and violence begets violence."