PDA

View Full Version : Hello!!!!

Безбожник
06-19-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm a newbie referred here from the other Politcal Forum :D

Cigar
06-19-2012, 03:51 PM
Why ... did it finally get swallowed by the Con-Nuts?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/obama-not-citizen.gif

Welcome, and don't forget to take a bath afterwards :)

Безбожник
06-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Why ... did it finally get swallowed by the Con-Nuts?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/obama-not-citizen.gif

Welcome, and don't forget to take a bath afterwards :)

I'm not worried about the opinions there. I like arguing, or I wouldn't be on forums! ;) But I was invited over here by a certain sassy-sounding female, and I'm a sucker for da females.

MMC
06-19-2012, 04:04 PM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=I5017170928206569&pid=1.1

Greetings Безбожник (http://thepoliticalforums.com/members/332-Безбожник) .....Welcome to the Political Forums of the Rant! :yo2:

Безбожник
06-19-2012, 04:38 PM
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=I5017170928206569&pid=1.1

Greetings Безбожник (http://thepoliticalforums.com/members/332-%D0%91%D0%B5%D0%B7%D0%B1%D0%BE%D0%B6%D0%BD%D0%B8%D 0%BA).....Welcome to the Political Forums of the Rant! :yo2:

:yo2: Спасибо, друг! Interesting greeting, though - bot?

Chris
06-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Welcome Bezbozhnik--I had to look it up. :-)

MMC
06-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Welcome Bezbozhnik--I had to look it up. :-)

I went with copy and paste. :laugh:

MMC
06-19-2012, 05:09 PM
:yo2: Спасибо, друг! Interesting greeting, though - bot?

Nah.....they havent found me a android body yet! :wink: :grin:

wingrider
06-19-2012, 05:14 PM
welcome to the forum

Безбожник
06-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Nah.....they havent found me a android body yet! :wink: :grin:

That's my plan. Death sucks - better to mechanise and live on.

Smartmouthwoman
06-19-2012, 06:50 PM
Welcome, ʞıuɥzoqzǝq

Tough name... what shall we call you?

MMC
06-19-2012, 06:51 PM
That's my plan. Death sucks - better to mechanise and live on.

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=I4557579393041250&pid=1.1

I figure if it works for her. I could deal with it for at least like say, about 5000years. :wink:

Trinnity
06-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Welcome! I like the avi, heheh

Smartmouthwoman
06-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Welcome! I like the avi, heheh

Look familiar?

vBulletin MessageThe server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Goldie Locks
06-19-2012, 07:42 PM
What does your name mean exactly? Oh and welcome!!!

Peter1469
06-19-2012, 08:11 PM
welcome

Безбожник
06-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Welcome, ʞıuɥzoqzǝq

Tough name... what shall we call you?

:shocked: I'll answer your question if you tell me how you did that..

Smartmouthwoman
06-19-2012, 08:18 PM
:shocked: I'll answer your question if you tell me how you did that..

noʎ llǝʇ ll,ı puɐ ʞɔɐq ɹɐʇɐʌɐ ʎɯ ǝɯ ǝʌıƃ

Безбожник
06-19-2012, 08:20 PM
What does your name mean exactly? Oh and welcome!!!

http://www.slobodanjovanovic.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Bezboznik.jpg

It's Russian for atheist :happy11:

Chris
06-19-2012, 08:20 PM
ƃuıllǝʇ ʇou ɯ,ı

Smartmouthwoman
06-19-2012, 08:22 PM
ƃuıllǝʇ ʇou ɯ,ı

LOL

or is that

oɐɯlɟoɹ

Безбожник
06-19-2012, 08:23 PM
ƃuıllǝʇ ʇou ɯ,ı

˙ʎɹʇ ɐ s,ǝɹǝɥ

Smartmouthwoman
06-19-2012, 08:34 PM
˙ʎɹʇ ɐ s,ǝɹǝɥ

thx, darlin. Me and this lil guy go way back and it was hard to see him in the arms of another man. :shocked:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t33/texrose752/giraffe.gif

(guess you found one of these, huh? http://www.typeupsidedown.com/ )

Goldie Locks
06-19-2012, 08:42 PM
http://www.slobodanjovanovic.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Bezboznik.jpg

It's Russian for atheist :happy11:

Why?????????

Безбожник
06-19-2012, 08:42 PM
thx, darlin. Me and this lil guy go way back and it was hard to see him in the arms of another man. :shocked:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t33/texrose752/giraffe.gif

(guess you found one of these, huh? http://www.typeupsidedown.com/ )

Yep, did a yandex search and up came many such sites. Wacky stuff.

Безбожник
06-19-2012, 08:44 PM
Why?????????

Why is Bezbozhnik Russian for atheist?? :laughing7:

Goldie Locks
06-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Why is Bezbozhnik Russian for atheist?? :laughing7:

Why are you an atheirst?

Безбожник
06-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Why are you an atheirst?

Erm, because it makes sense. The God Hypothesis does not.

Goldie Locks
06-19-2012, 09:18 PM
Erm, because it makes sense. The God Hypothesis does not.

Sorry you feel that way and have not realized that
truth and moral goodness come from God.

Calypso Jones
06-19-2012, 09:57 PM
DOH. HYPOTHESIS. Why isn't it called the "Hypothesis of Evolution"??

Безбожник
06-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Sorry you feel that way and have not realized that
truth and moral goodness come from God.

I've come to realise the precise opposite. I don't like to see people attributing all that is good about us to something external while still blaming us for the bad.

Безбожник
06-19-2012, 10:17 PM

Because there's a world of difference between God belief and the theory of evolution.

Chris
06-19-2012, 10:21 PM

Because it's a theoretical framework of hypotheses.

God Hypothesis doesn't make sense as such, one doesn't hypothesize God but believes, or doesn't.

I take Безбожник's statement as he lacks belief because it doesn't make sense to him, it's not reasonable. I may be wrong.

Безбожник
06-19-2012, 10:32 PM
Because it's a theoretical framework of hypotheses.

God Hypothesis doesn't make sense as such, one doesn't hypothesize God but believes, or doesn't.

I take Безбожник's statement as he lacks belief because it doesn't make sense to him, it's not reasonable. I may be wrong.

Not believing in God is like not believing in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Chris
06-19-2012, 10:52 PM
Not believing in God is like not believing in the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Right, to a nonbeliever that's true, but to a believer you're comparing something serious and sincere to a joke.

Безбожник
06-19-2012, 11:03 PM
Right, to a nonbeliever that's true, but to a believer you're comparing something serious and sincere to a joke.

Only because they happen to take a joke seriously.

Chris
06-19-2012, 11:07 PM
Only because they happen to take a joke seriously.

So you're then an antitheist rather than an atheist.

birddog
06-19-2012, 11:13 PM
Sorry! I thought this was an Intro thread. Hi anyway.

Безбожник
06-20-2012, 12:56 AM
So you're then an antitheist rather than an atheist.

That's the first I've heard that term. What would make a person "antitheist"? Being opposed to theistic beliefs? I can't control what others choose to believe in.

Безбожник
06-20-2012, 12:57 AM
Sorry! I thought this was an Intro thread. Hi anyway.

Hello, fellow newb!

Trinnity
06-20-2012, 06:13 AM
ǝɹǝɥ llɐ ɹoɟ ǝǝɹɟ ɐ 'sıɥʇ sı ʇɐɥʍ

Hi, birddog...great to see you here!!!

Smartmouthwoman
06-20-2012, 07:14 AM
Well, I guess the newbies who got invited here from the big PF know why now... they've been down since last night!

vBulletin Message
The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

MMC
06-20-2012, 07:17 AM
Again? How long have they had that format?

Smartmouthwoman
06-20-2012, 07:23 AM
Again? How long have they had that format?

Forever. I think they're being hacked. The more 'improvements' they make, the worse it gets.

Used to be Database Errors... now it's Server's Too Busy.

That's OK though. Now that we've got this nice little place to gather, it's not nearly so traumatic when they're down. ;)

Cigar
06-20-2012, 07:52 AM
I'm not worried about the opinions there. I like arguing, or I wouldn't be on forums! ;) But I was invited over here by a certain sassy-sounding female, and I'm a sucker for da females.

Yea ... me 2

But I have to wonder about Sassy-Sounding-Female on the Internet.

I need Visual Proof of all 3 :)

Chris
06-20-2012, 10:52 AM
That's the first I've heard that term. What would make a person "antitheist"? Being opposed to theistic beliefs? I can't control what others choose to believe in.

Anti- means against, a- means without.

Trinnity
06-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Sassy....I like that and it describes Texas women well.

Cigar
06-20-2012, 12:55 PM
Sassy....I like that and it describes Texas women well.

Do you where Spurs on your Boots and Chaps? :)

Безбожник
06-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Anti- means against, a- means without.

Obviously, but that's not helping me much here. How can one be against something fictitious?

Chris
06-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Obviously, but that's not helping me much here. How can one be against something fictitious?

How do you know it's fictitious?

You say it makes no sense, it's not reasonable, and I agree, it's not based on reason, not something we can know in that sense, but based on belief, faith. But that doesn't make it fictitious or a joke.

It's equally unreasonable to disbelieve. Being an antitheist amounts to the same thing as being a theist. What would be the basis of disbelief?

Безбожник
06-20-2012, 08:26 PM
How do you know it's fictitious?

You say it makes no sense, it's not reasonable, and I agree, it's not based on reason, not something we can know in that sense, but based on belief, faith. But that doesn't make it fictitious or a joke.

It's equally unreasonable to disbelieve. Being an antitheist amounts to the same thing as being a theist. What would be the basis of disbelief?

That's like saying it's equally unreasonable not to believe in Wotan, Zeus or the Flying Spaghetti Monster as it is to believe in them.

The basis for not believing something may include a lack of evidence for it and evidence contrary to the existence of something, and we have both where pretty much all gods are concerned. I don't believe in any of the gods that people claim exist and have purportedly inspired prophets. The evidence against such gods is simply overwhelming, including the fact that some people are crazy and some others are manipulators who pretend to speak for some sort of invisible authority.

Even when it comes to faith in something else, like in a deist god, I still lean more toward rejecting the belief than accepting it. Such a god remains undefined and undiscovered scientifically, but then that's the very nature of the god that deists are proposing exists: it's an unseen original mover of some sort. Yet so far, there is no guarantee that such a prime mover was even needed. The universe shows no signs of godly interventions - neither on earth nor beyond. Even if we overcame very great odds to come into existence, we know that the universe is quite ancient and vast, and that even unlikely things will happen from time to time given the right conditions and enough time. Plus, once you get life started, it pretty much makes itself thanks to mutation and selection, so the big hurdle was really just the Earth itself, with its goldilocks position and its big helpful natural satellite, and then maybe other factors such as Jupiter out there helping to keep nasty impactors away from us.

Finally, returning to the overwhelming evidence against creator god claims, I'll mention just a couple of things: We know that the bible's account of creation is no more correct than that given in any other religious creation account, because science has uncovered many facts about the origin of the planet which clearly show such stories to be wrong. It's also a flat earth narrative, and the language of the entire bible testifies to that. The second thing is evolution - there was no special creation of life, but rather a long struggle for survival which is constantly reshaping life in accordance with its capacity to change and the demands placed upon it by its environment. The genetic, morphological and archaeological evidence all point to this being life's history as well, not to any special creation. A third thing is simply how flawed gods tend to be. They reflect the people who invent them, being petty and cruel where their faithful need them to be, including being bigoted in favor of their chosen nation. Yahweh is indeed a joke (though more a tragic one than funny), and his son is in fact the sun, a solar hero who allegorises the apparent motions of the sun according to his old messianic cult, which as it happens was one of many from that period and region.

Chris
06-20-2012, 09:16 PM
That's like saying it's equally unreasonable not to believe in Wotan, Zeus or the Flying Spaghetti Monster as it is to believe in them.

The basis for not believing something may include a lack of evidence for it and evidence contrary to the existence of something, and we have both where pretty much all gods are concerned. I don't believe in any of the gods that people claim exist and have purportedly inspired prophets. The evidence against such gods is simply overwhelming, including the fact that some people are crazy and some others are manipulators who pretend to speak for some sort of invisible authority.

Even when it comes to faith in something else, like in a deist god, I still lean more toward rejecting the belief than accepting it. Such a god remains undefined and undiscovered scientifically, but then that's the very nature of the god that deists are proposing exists: it's an unseen original mover of some sort. Yet so far, there is no guarantee that such a prime mover was even needed. The universe shows no signs of godly interventions - neither on earth nor beyond. Even if we overcame very great odds to come into existence, we know that the universe is quite ancient and vast, and that even unlikely things will happen from time to time given the right conditions and enough time. Plus, once you get life started, it pretty much makes itself thanks to mutation and selection, so the big hurdle was really just the Earth itself, with its goldilocks position and its big helpful natural satellite, and then maybe other factors such as Jupiter out there helping to keep nasty impactors away from us.

Finally, returning to the overwhelming evidence against creator god claims, I'll mention just a couple of things: We know that the bible's account of creation is no more correct than that given in any other religious creation account, because science has uncovered many facts about the origin of the planet which clearly show such stories to be wrong. It's also a flat earth narrative, and the language of the entire bible testifies to that. The second thing is evolution - there was no special creation of life, but rather a long struggle for survival which is constantly reshaping life in accordance with its capacity to change and the demands placed upon it by its environment. The genetic, morphological and archaeological evidence all point to this being life's history as well, not to any special creation. A third thing is simply how flawed gods tend to be. They reflect the people who invent them, being petty and cruel where their faithful need them to be, including being bigoted in favor of their chosen nation. Yahweh is indeed a joke (though more a tragic one than funny), and his son is in fact the sun, a solar hero who allegorises the apparent motions of the sun according to his old messianic cult, which as it happens was one of many from that period and region.

Yes, that's what I'm saying, except for FSM which is acknowledged as invented as a joke.

If God lies outside reason--makes no sense, as you said--then what reason could you have for either belief or disbelief?

The basis for not believing something may include a lack of evidence for it and evidence contrary to the existence of something, and we have both where pretty much all gods are concerned.

Well, for one, there's Rees' Maxim, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. For the other, what contrary evidence?

Your second paragraph offers none. You mention science but science doesn't deal with the question of God or gods. You mention the cosmological argument, but disproving it disproves the argument, not God. Then you drift off into absence of evidence and incredulity. In the third paragraph you say you return to providing evidence but drift off into arguments about the compatibility of Bible and science when the two concern different things, not much different than your argument with a prime mover. Sorry, I see no evidence presented.

Ironically, much of your arguments against God are the same as a theists arguments for God. Neither addresses God.

birddog
06-20-2012, 11:43 PM
Hello, fellow newb!

Hello there. I thought this was an intro thread. It looks like you guys argueing religion would have smarts enough to start a thread, but what do I know. I'm just a new guy who doesn't know how things work here. Maybe argueing religion is another way of introducing your interests. Hmmm More power to you.

birddog
06-20-2012, 11:45 PM
ǝɹǝɥ llɐ ɹoɟ ǝǝɹɟ ɐ 'sıɥʇ sı ʇɐɥʍ

Hi, birddog...great to see you here!!!

Thank you. I'm always excited to be where you are.:wink:

Trinnity
06-21-2012, 12:16 AM
What a lovely thing to say. Thank you, honey. :love7:

Безбожник
06-21-2012, 01:35 AM
Hello there. I thought this was an intro thread. It looks like you guys argueing religion would have smarts enough to start a thread, but what do I know. I'm just a new guy who doesn't know how things work here. Maybe argueing religion is another way of introducing your interests. Hmmm More power to you.

Well, it just kind of evolved :D

Chris
06-21-2012, 08:10 AM
We're getting to know each other, but if it offends....

birddog
06-21-2012, 09:31 AM
No, just rattling your cages a bit. lol

Безбожник
06-21-2012, 01:04 PM
We're getting to know each other, but if it offends....

That's right! Like Serif said, you do not truly no someone until you fight them. :grin:

Chris
06-21-2012, 01:10 PM
Fight? Where's the fight?

Anyway, good to meet you, Безбожник.

Безбожник
06-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Fight? Where's the fight?

Anyway, good to meet you, Безбожник.

Danke, вам тоже!