PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Embassy in Yemen closes

exotix
02-10-2015, 11:52 AM
Just In

http://heavy.com/news/2015/02/us-embassy-yemen-closed-closing-february-11-matthew-tueller/

U.S. Embassy in Yemen Is Closed

5 Fast Facts You Need to Know Inside

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/51392090-1.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=780&h=440

Cigar
02-10-2015, 12:47 PM
The freaking place looks like a pallace and huge target. :laugh:

SoonToBe2LT
02-10-2015, 01:24 PM
If some American decides to travel to Yemen after this point, I feel no sympathy when they throw you in a cage.

Peter1469
02-10-2015, 04:43 PM
Seems like a good idea to close it now that the government called it quits.

donttread
02-10-2015, 05:48 PM
The freaking place looks like a pallace and huge target. :laugh:

That's nothing compared to the 3/4 of a billion dollar "fuck you Saddam" complex we built in Iraq.

Mac-7
02-10-2015, 08:28 PM
Great success stories in lib la land don't last long.

Obumer was just telling us in September how pleased he was with the success of his policies there.

Peter1469
02-10-2015, 09:38 PM
Great success stories in lib la land don't last long.

Obumer was just telling us in September how pleased he was with the success of his policies there.

He stepped in it. And what brought the government down was going on then- it was a three way war: the government, who the US was supporting, an all Qaeda off-shoot, and a major Shia militia.

Mac-7
02-10-2015, 09:40 PM
He stepped in it.

And what brought the government down was going on then- it was a three way war: the government, who the US was supporting, an all Qaeda off-shoot, and a major Shia militia.

Obumer wallows in it.

But his loyal supporters think he's doing a good job.

Peter1469
02-10-2015, 09:46 PM
Obumer wallows in it.

But his loyal supporters think he's doing a good job.

Loyal supporters tend to do that. That is why the establishment of both parties are so entrenched. :wink:

Mac-7
02-10-2015, 09:54 PM
Loyal supporters tend to do that. That is why the establishment of both parties are so entrenched. :wink:

Yes, the debate is so bitter that it does become a game of us against them.

I see the 3 percenters do it here also when the wolf pack finds a conservative republican in deep snow.

When bush was in office it was difficult for bushies like myself to give an inch to the hated libs.

Now the hated libs of liberal persuasion are on the defensive concerning Obama.

But so far Obama has not been held accountable for his incompetence.

gamewell45
02-10-2015, 10:11 PM
I'd prefer the government close down all embassies outside of America. Big waste of money in my opinion and really serve no purpose other then to re-issue passports to US Citizens who lose theirs or a target for terrorists to attack.

Mac-7
02-10-2015, 10:17 PM
I'd prefer the government close down all embassies outside of America. Big waste of money in my opinion and really serve no purpose other then to re-issue passports to US Citizens who lose theirs or a target for terrorists to attack.

Considering the total incompetence of government employees I doubt if they are very good at any of the usual purposes for the diplomatic service you could be right.

or at least as long as obumer is in office.

Peter1469
02-10-2015, 10:48 PM
The United States is not going to close its embassies all over the world.... Calm down people.

donttread
02-11-2015, 06:55 AM
Yes, the debate is so bitter that it does become a game of us against them.

I see the 3 percenters do it here also when the wolf pack finds a conservative republican in deep snow.

When bush was in office it was difficult for bushies like myself to give an inch to the hated libs.

Now the hated libs of liberal persuasion are on the defensive concerning Obama.

But so far Obama has not been held accountable for his incompetence.

That's because there is literally no difference between Bush and Obama . Both over spend, make war and federalize important parts of American life. Take the whole damned Donkephant out in deep snow and leave them there with the real wolves

Mac-7
02-11-2015, 07:15 AM
That's because there is literally no difference between Bush and Obama . Both over spend, make war and federalize important parts of American life. Take the whole $#@!ed Donkephant out in deep snow and leave them there with the real wolves

Bush made bigger wars, but he was also more sensible than obumer about the man-made global warming hoax.

The last three presidents have been bad.

Not because of their political part affiliation but because they lacked presidential qualities necessary for the job.

Electing an independent is not only impractical it is highly improbable.

the next president will be a democrat or a republican.

If its Hillary we are fucked.

And if its a bad repub we will be little better off.

But there are some good repubs to choose from and libs of the libertarian persuasion should be doing all they can to elect one of the better choices.

Peter1469
02-11-2015, 05:49 PM
Yup. Elect one side of the coin..., or the other side. That is the only option.

http://nutritionwonderland.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/sheep_face1.jpg

donttread
02-11-2015, 06:02 PM

You have an excellent point

Peter1469
02-11-2015, 06:29 PM
You have an excellent point

It is a stupid point. We aren't cavemen. It is a global world whether some people dislike that or not.

Common Sense
02-11-2015, 06:30 PM
It is a stupid point. We aren't cavemen. It is a global world whether some people dislike that.

Agreed. Good luck facilitating trade and security with no embassies.

Mac-7
02-11-2015, 06:32 PM
Yup. Elect one side of the coin..., or the other side. That is the only option.

You are neither a winner or a loser.

just a malcontent sitting on the sidelined.

mccain would have been a better president than obumer.

As would Romney.

Now the only realistic choice is between Hillary and the as yet unnamed repub.

she is so bad that almost anyone on the right would be better.

Peter1469
02-11-2015, 06:39 PM
You are neither a winner or a loser.

just a malcontent sitting on the sidelined.

mccain would have been a better president than obumer.

As would Romney.

Now the only realistic choice is between Hillary and the as yet unnamed repub.

she is so bad that almost anyone on the right would be better.

And didn't you say the last three presidents sucked?

Two sides of the same coin. Keep driving on.

:shocked:

You answer your own questions, yet you keep doing the same thing over and over.
Why?

Mac-7
02-11-2015, 06:41 PM
And didn't you say the last three presidents sucked?

Two sides of the same coin. Keep driving on.

:shocked:

You answer your own questions, yet you keep doing the same thing over and over.
Why?

All three were of the same generation.

a failed generation in my opinion.

But sitting on the fence doing nothing is not the answer.

Peter1469
02-11-2015, 06:43 PM

Right, that is what both Chris and I have been telling you. You are so [no rule violation if I don't say it] that you don't get it. Keep pulling those levers.

https://baarmychris.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/sheep.jpg

Mac-7
02-11-2015, 06:56 PM
Right, that is what both @Chris (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=128) and I have been telling you. You are so [no rule violation if I don't say it] that you don't get it. Keep pulling those levers.

And you keep sitting on the fence waiting for the world to come to you.

Chris
02-11-2015, 06:57 PM

Then get off your fence and do something.

gamewell45
02-11-2015, 08:16 PM
It is a stupid point. We aren't cavemen. It is a global world whether some people dislike that or not.

I have to disagree with you; it's not a "stupid point" as you maintain; while it may be a global world, we have the resources such as telecommunication, the internet or other technologies to conduct the affairs of this world without have to maintain an embassy or consul out of country.

Either way its common knowledge that corporations run this world; they are the ones who call the shots anyway, so for the US to maintain offices outside the country is another waste of taxpayers monies.

Peter1469
02-11-2015, 11:48 PM
I have to disagree with you; it's not a "stupid point" as you maintain; while it may be a global world, we have the resources such as telecommunication, the internet or other technologies to conduct the affairs of this world without have to maintain an embassy or consul out of country.

Either way its common knowledge that corporations run this world; they are the ones who call the shots anyway, so for the US to maintain offices outside the country is another waste of taxpayers monies.

I grant you that- if you have the same capacity as an embassy virtually, to me it is the same thing (except for the diplomatic functions - parties). My point was that eliminating the function is stupid.

Redrose
02-12-2015, 02:35 AM
Obama says we're winning and ISIL, ISIS, IS whatever, is losing and will be defeated.

I can't see it. Seems like we're the ones retreating and closing embassies, and defending ourselves against their aggression.

donttread
02-12-2015, 05:37 AM

Many of the so called "doomsday scientist" are predicting contracting back within ourselves as an inevitable part of the answer to the coming debt and currency collapses and water issues.

Peter1469
02-12-2015, 05:40 AM
Obama says we're winning and ISIL, ISIS, IS whatever, is losing and will be defeated.

I can't see it. Seems like we're the ones retreating and closing embassies, and defending ourselves against their aggression.

IS, ISIS, and ISIL (same group, different names) is not in Yemen.

Mac-7
02-12-2015, 06:40 AM
IS, ISIS, and ISIL (same group, different names) is not in Yemen.

You don't actually know who in Yemen.

But if a crazy Muslim militant is shooting at Americans or burning down our embassy does it matter what they call themselves?

Peter1469
02-12-2015, 06:52 AM
You don't actually know who in Yemen.

But if a crazy Muslim militant is shooting at Americans or burning down our embassy does it matter what they call themselves?

I do know who is in Yemen.

Your last sentence demonstrates a Neocon failure in the current wars. We are facing dozens of different enemies, not one.