PDA

View Full Version : Spanish short-term debt costs reach alarm levels

wingrider
06-20-2012, 02:13 AM
Spain, the euro zone's fourth largest economy, had to pay 5.07 percent to sell 12-month Treasury bills and 5.11 percent to sell 18-month paper - an increase of about 200 basis points on the last auction for the same maturities a month ago. Yields on longer-term bonds are over 7 percent. The auction underscored the government's increasingly shrill pleas for help from the European Central Bank, two days before Madrid tries to sell three-to-five year bonds.

http://news.yahoo.com/spanish-short-term-debt-costs-reach-alarm-levels-105601868--business.html

wingrider
06-20-2012, 03:16 AM
bump

MMC
06-20-2012, 05:01 AM
Their Unemployment is like over 24% listed. So you know it is a lot higher. But they are going for the Austerity measures even tho they say they are not.

Also did you hear that Spain legalized Prostitution Advertizing?

Trinnity
06-20-2012, 08:45 AM
And they're running out of ability to borrow any more. Spain is the next in line for a bailout. And as much as I hate to say it, it looks like we're gonna bail out Europe. What a mess.

MMC
06-20-2012, 09:48 AM
And they're running out of ability to borrow any more. Spain is the next in line for a bailout. And as much as I hate to say it, it looks like we're gonna bail out Europe. What a mess.

They have already accepted money. The IMF will be making sure that it is regulating all of Spains Financial matters. So technically they are being bailed.

Funny that they think by Advertizing brothels will add to their economy. Especailly when most are out of work and most are without money.

Trinnity
06-20-2012, 12:37 PM
They're advertizing brothels? Where, on TV there? The internet???
OMG, that's kooky.

Peter1469
06-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Prostitution is legal. I was driving in Barcelona to drop off a rental (bad part of town) - and saw these women wearing evening gowns on the side of the road. I was thinking WTF? Then figured it out.

MMC
06-20-2012, 04:49 PM
They're advertizing brothels? Where, on TV there? The internet???
OMG, that's kooky.

All forms of Advertizing.

MMC
06-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Prostitution is legal. I was driving in Barcelona to drop off a rental (bad part of town) - and saw these women wearing evening gowns on the side of the road. I was thinking WTF? Then figured it out.

They said prostitution was legal but that they weren't allowed to advertize.