PDA

View Full Version : So this is where the Jobs went .... !

Cigar
06-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Why not ask the people who said "It's all about the Jobs ... STUPID"

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/tumblr_m5w5qfX3Hc1qme99io1_500.jpg

sec
06-20-2012, 08:28 AM
I'm curious, what exactly is the "American Jobs Act" ?

Is it yet another govt attempt at stimulation or is it a reduction in corporate taxes, loosening of regulations, tightening borders restricting illegal workers etc etc?

Is it a govt growth program or something targeted which really helps job creation? I'm a bit confused just like Obamacare did nothing about lowering the cost of health services (pay attention to the term LOWERING THE COST OF HEALTH SERVICES)

tort reform would have done wonders for that.

Cigar
06-20-2012, 10:53 AM
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/09/08/fact-sheet-american-jobs-act

If I cut-paste all the Free Ware Facts ... the Cons will get angry and cry.

Chris
06-20-2012, 11:00 AM
Government doesn't create jobs that create wealth.

sec
06-20-2012, 11:28 AM
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/09/08/fact-sheet-american-jobs-act

If I cut-paste all the Free Ware Facts ... the Cons will get angry and cry.

thanks

then it's yet another stimulation program of govt spending. I thought that it wasn't a real jobs act but another govt program and your link confirms that. Even with cute phrases it cannot hide that it's just stimulation part deux

In other words, it has nothing to do with creating real sustainable jobs

Cigar
06-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Ok so let me get this straight ...

The CEO of America and it's Government is suppose to keep his hands off the Private Sector and NOT put American People to work fixing American Infrastructure.

No wonder people think the Republicans are crazy. :)

Peter1469
06-20-2012, 12:03 PM
Other than expanding government, how do you think that the President creates jobs?

Cigar
06-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Other than expanding government, how do you think that the President creates jobs?

I'll answer your question with this question.

What Government are YOU expecting to Maintain YOUR American Infrastructure?

Peter1469
06-20-2012, 12:24 PM
I'll answer your question with this question.

What Government are YOU expecting to Maintain YOUR American Infrastructure?

Is that your final answer? Is that the limit of government job creation?

Most infrastructure is the responsibility of the local government. Not the federal government. Now I support legitimate infrastructure spending. But I am not for make work projects for unions.

Cigar
06-20-2012, 12:26 PM
Is that your final answer? Is that the limit of government job creation?

Most infrastructure is the responsibility of the local government. Not the federal government. Now I support legitimate infrastructure spending. But I am not for make work projects for unions.

What?

Just stop before you get too deep into something you don't know.

Peter1469
06-20-2012, 12:28 PM
What?

Just stop before you get too deep into something you don't know.

Way to dodge! Did you play dodge ball?

Cigar
06-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Way to dodge! Did you play dodge ball?

Dude ... how many Local Governments maintain Bridges, Interstate Truck Routs, Rail and Air Traffic?

Come-ON now ...

Peter1469
06-20-2012, 01:10 PM
Dude ... how many Local Governments maintain Bridges, Interstate Truck Routs, Rail and Air Traffic?

Come-ON now ...

States?

The Feds do interstate (makes sense, right) and they give money for really large projects.

Cigar
06-20-2012, 01:14 PM
States?

The Feds do interstate (makes sense, right) and they give money for really large projects.

What American Project is bigger than out National Infrastructure?

We have thousands of troops coming back ... let's put them to work.

Peter1469
06-20-2012, 01:19 PM

Doing what? How many of those troops are qualified to built / repair an interstate?

Cigar
06-20-2012, 01:23 PM
You're kidding me right?

Ok ... how about just skilled people out of work now.

Come on, you're running out of excuses for not putting people to work while blaming the President for not putting people to work.

Peter1469
06-20-2012, 02:10 PM
You're kidding me right?

Ok ... how about just skilled people out of work now.

Come on, you're running out of excuses for not putting people to work while blaming the President for not putting people to work.

I still don't understand what you want? Does the president have a clue as to what infrastructure needs to be replaced? When he ran for office he claimed that he did. Not so long ago he admitted he had no clue.

Are the millions of Americans out of work capable of building a modern infrastructure project? Or are they people who lost office jobs? What productive office job can the president create?

You need to get off your fixation of the president as a micromanaging captain of industry. The president, and you, should focus on policies that unshackle America business so that THEY can create the needed jobs.

sec
06-20-2012, 04:37 PM

I agree

let's open up national land to drilling. Let's build the entire keystone pipeline. Let's make the stipulation that the drilling and pipeline must be done with tools from NON UNION American shops and only USA citizens can work any of the jobs.

The rising tide would lift many ships including giving you the tax dollars you want to redistribute to the unproductive

WIN/WIN

Mainecoons
06-20-2012, 07:16 PM
Here you go, Cigar. Your government at work creating jobs:

[URL]http://cnsnews.com/news/article/9-billion-stimulus-solar-wind-projects-made-910-final-jobs-98-million-job

Please tell me that a person who is apparently successful in the private sector is so stupid as to think government is good at "investing" or creating jobs.

Please.

Calypso Jones
06-20-2012, 07:50 PM

good idea. In those towns where those flash mob events are going on. Baltimore, Chicago, Philly. THat'll put the quietus on those little episodes.

Trinnity
06-20-2012, 09:01 PM
Great idea, sec.

sec
06-20-2012, 09:55 PM
Great idea, sec.

thanks and another fallout is fuel prices drop and people will drive more. As people drive more they purchase more gallons of gas and fed and state gas tax is per gallon, not % so more tax revenue for infrastructure is realized.

As people drive more they need the services of jiffy lube more frequently, buy more car washes, tires and the list goes on

low fuel prices would be the flood tide needed to lift all the ships

so, if liberals really want more tax dollars then they should elect a pro business person who can unshackle the DPS and make it happen