PDA

View Full Version : Americans Say They’re Better Off Since Obama Took Office

Cigar
06-20-2012, 08:09 AM
A plurality of Americans now say they are better off than they were when President Barack Obama was inaugurated, providing a surprising lift to Obama’s re- election campaign despite troublesome economic news.

Forty-five percent of those surveyed in a Bloomberg National Poll say they are better off than at the beginning of 2009 compared with 36 percent who say they are worse off. In March, poll respondents split almost evenly on that question after having been decidedly negative since the aftermath of the worst recession in seven decades.

“I’m just tired of the doom and gloom,” says Jim Seeley, 52, a mortgage banker in Traverse City, Michigan, and a poll respondent, in a follow-up interview. “I think it’s looking better. People just need to stay positive.”

The poll, conducted June 15-18, contains more unlikely cheer for the president, with larger numbers of respondents saying their household income is higher than a year ago. While 44 percent say they are treading water, the better off outnumbered the worse off by 28 percent to 22 percent.

Read more: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-06-20/americans-say-they-re-better-off-since-obama-took-office.html

Smartmouthwoman
06-20-2012, 08:14 AM
LOL @ quoting a mortgage banker. Wonder if the others they polled worked at Title Loan companies?

Cigar
06-20-2012, 08:20 AM
LOL @ quoting a mortgage banker. Wonder if the others they polled worked at Title Loan companies?

Are YOU doing Worse than 2008 or Better?

I'm exponentially better than 2008.

sec
06-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Are YOU doing Worse than 2008 or Better?

I'm exponentially better than 2008.

worse

Dodd Frank almost killed us but we are now focused internationally for our growth and I've been able to start taking an occasional check again. However, it will be quite a while before I can restore the personal funds used to keep the business going when the liberals fired their death shots at small businesses.

Cigar
06-20-2012, 08:29 AM
worse

Dodd Frank almost killed us but we are now focused internationally for our growth and I've been able to start taking an occasional check again. However, it will be quite a while before I can restore the personal funds used to keep the business going when the liberals fired their death shots at small businesses.

As a Small Business Consultant, Multi-Dwelling owner and renter and Job Creator ... all I can say is, my balance sheets have never been better ... ever.

sec
06-20-2012, 08:37 AM
As a Small Business Consultant, Multi-Dwelling owner and renter and Job Creator ... all I can say is, my balance sheets have never been better ... ever.

I am pleased to hear that and as pleased to also say that not one of my employees took a pay cut or missed a check. I took all the brunt personally and my exit timeline has been pushed out by about 5 more years. Did my standard of living drop; of course. Did my net worth drop; dramatically. But, I survived despite the attempts of the gleesome threesome's (harry/nancy/obama) attempts to kill business. I went off shore and was fortunate to have practiced sound conservative fiscal principals so I had personal capital to tide me over.

I was also able to obtain foreign financing at much less savory terms but keeping our doors open was the only option.

If you really are a business consultant then honestly, I wonder what types of businesses because this administration has attempted to kill small business.

I understand your blind loyalty toward Obama and perhaps his being POTUS as some warped form of pride. I disagree with it but understand people who feel that way.

Cigar
06-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Digital Navigation Systems form both the Government and the Private sector.

Mostly Software and data and a little in the Hardware space.

Auto, Air Craft, PDAs ... also Content

Immune to the Economy so far

Smartmouthwoman
06-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Guess you haven't heard this morning's news about Bloomberg polls. Seems their numbers are showing trends nobody else is seeing... and they refuse to answer questions about their polling methods.

Oh well, guess you Obama-lovers have to take your good news where you can find it.

Wed., June 20, 2012

Do you think this morning's VERY optimistic Bloomberg poll passes the smell test?

I dislike polls and pollsters. Like the one from Gallup a couple of weeks ago showing Mitt Ramney with a massive lead among military veterans. It just doesn't pass the smell test.

Well that same skepticism hits me too when the polls show my guy way up as well.

This morning Bloomberg is out showing Obama with a 13 point lead and a 53% approval rating. Obama may well be winning, but that just seems too good to be true.

source

(http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002832207)

Cigar
06-20-2012, 09:50 AM
Guess you haven't heard this morning's news about Bloomberg polls. Seems their numbers are showing trends nobody else is seeing... and they refuse to answer questions about their polling methods.

Oh well, guess you Obama-lovers have to take your good news where you can find it.

source

(http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002832207)

That's ok, Fast&Stupid will keep the Chickens Clucking for a while.

Smartmouthwoman
06-20-2012, 09:53 AM
That's ok, Fast&Stupid will keep the Chickens Clucking for a while.

No doubt. Holder's beginning to look like a banty rooster w/moustache strutting around up there. Let's see if Papa gets him outta this one.

Cigar
06-20-2012, 09:56 AM
No doubt. Holder's beginning to look like a banty rooster w/moustache strutting around up there. Let's see if Papa gets him outta this one.

This is the Job of GOP Politicians ... next they will go back to saying The President is not getting anything done.

Goldie Locks
06-20-2012, 10:03 AM
How is Brian Terry doing??? Is he better off now???

Cigar
06-20-2012, 10:07 AM
How is Brian Terry doing??? Is he better off now???

If Eric Holder or President Obama are found guilty of Killing him or ordering him to his death ... then I think they should go to jail.

The same if a President Ordered THOUSANDS of AMERICANS to DIE in USELESS WAR(s)

Check-Mate!

NEXT!

MMC
06-20-2012, 10:23 AM
If Eric Holder or President Obama are found guilty of Killing him or ordering him to his death ... then I think they should go to jail.

The same if a President Ordered THOUSANDS of AMERICANS to DIE in USELESS WAR(s)

Check-Mate!

NEXT!

Oh.....You mean after all of the Democrats voted for it too. Did you forget this was 3 Dimensional Chess. :laugh:

Peter1469
06-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Our current economy is propped up by lots of debt. If that bubble bursts, then those who think the economy is good today will be the most surprised people on earth.

Smartmouthwoman
06-20-2012, 12:14 PM
About that Bloomberg poll...

What Does A Bad Poll Prove?

http://1-ps.googleusercontent.com/h/www.powerlineblog.com/admin/ed-assets/2012/06/200x300xdunce-200x300.jpg.pagespeed.ic.JM70tBlPrV.jpg (http://www.powerlineblog.com/admin/ed-assets/2012/06/dunce.jpg)

Nothing. Yesterday’s Bloomberg News (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-06-20/obama-leads-in-poll-as-voters-view-romney-as-out-of-touch.html) poll is getting a lot of publicity, mainly for its purported finding that respondents approve of President Obama’s immigration decree by a 64-30 margin. But the poll had numerous other findings that cheered Democrats, as indicated by Bloomberg’s own headline: “Obama Leads In Poll As Voters View Romney As Out Of Touch.” And, in fact, in yesterday’s survey supposed likely voters favored Obama over Mitt Romney by a remarkable 13 points, 53-40.

This result is obviously an outlier, but that hasn’t prevented it from being widely repeated and commented upon. The obvious question is, why is it an outlier? Anyone who follows polls knows that the answers you get depend on large part on whom you ask, so the first question always is, what was the composition of the respondent pool?

read more

(http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/06/what-does-a-bad-poll-prove.php)(you're being led around by the ear, Cigar.)

The Little Dictator
06-20-2012, 12:37 PM
You know Peter, it's not a matter of IF the bubble bursts, but when. Most of us feel as though we are in a recession still and that another one is on the way.

Peter1469
06-20-2012, 01:10 PM
I agree

Mainecoons
06-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Let's see, Rasmussen, a real polling firm says that 30 percent think the country is on the right track, 64 percent say wrong.

Optimism about the future of today’s children remains at an all-time low.A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of American Adults shows that just 16% believe today’s children will be better off than their parents. Sixty-six percent (66%) say today’s children will not be better off, while another 18% are undecided.

Cigar, you have us confused with your stupid liberal friends. We know BS polling from real polliing. I'm glad you are still doing well but don't think for a minute that that is the general conditon under your boy Obama. Quite the opposite.

Keep trying, though. Matching wits with the mentally handicapped left is amusing and fun for us retired folks.

Trinnity
06-20-2012, 11:00 PM
Cigar, are you having a good time?

KSigMason
06-21-2012, 05:11 AM
So a poll of 1,000 people is indicative of the entire country? Please.

sec
06-21-2012, 07:10 AM
Cigar, are you having a good time?

I hope so

he plays the role of antagonist quite well and I'd miss him if he left.