PDA

View Full Version : Ten Reasons for Scott Walker victor 2016

Reason10
02-12-2015, 01:59 PM
http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/reasons-scott-walker-candidate-2016/2015/02/12/id/624338/

1. He wins elections. Walker won three tough races in blue state Wisconsin within four years: His election as governor in 2010, his victory in the recall election in 2012 — despite the millions of dollars spent by unions to defeat him — and his re-election by nearly 6 percentage points in 2014.

2. He's a fiscal hawk. Walker showed his financial chops in his determination to cut the state budget and rein in public-employee unions, efforts that ultimately led to the recall vote.

3. His economic policies have been a success. Walker has reduced unemployment in his state and erased a budget deficit that stood at some $3.6 billion when he took office.

4. He's a governor. Many GOP strategists anticipate that voters will be suffering from buyer's remorse for putting a first-term senator in the White House, and expect Republicans to nominate a governor for president this cycle. That gives Walker an edge over several potential GOP candidates, including Sens. Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz.

5. He has broad support among Republicans. Walker is admired by grass-roots activists as well as mainline party insiders, and he is viewed as the candidate who could unite the two disparate wings of the party next year.

6. He has won in a Blue State three times. He's shown he can reach across the aisle, a trait that will be attractive to voters after eight years of partisan warfare between a Democratic president and Republicans in Congress. The day after he won the recall election, Walker invited his state's Democratic legislators to the governor's mansion for beer and brats, telling them to bring their wives and urging, "Let's find something we can agree on."

7. He can win votes from independents. He carried the independent vote by 11 percent in 2014 in an election with one of the highest voter turnouts in Wisconsin in decades.

8. He's from the Midwest, a region where Republicans need to improve at the polls. Obama not only won Wisconsin in 2012, but also Iowa — where Walker spent much of his childhood — Minnesota, and Illinois with their 46 total electoral votes, not to mention Michigan and Ohio.

9. He is an excellent speaker. Walker talks fluidly without notes and has proven himself a skilled debater who can think on his feet. His address at the Iowa Freedom Summit on Jan. 24 made a huge impression.

10. He has considerable political experience. Before becoming governor, Walker served four terms in the state assembly and more than eight years as Executive of Milwaukee County.

If the Republican Party grows a brain and nominates Scott Walker, he WILL be the next president. If Hillary sees this and makes the stupid decision to run anyway, she will be humiliated in a way that will make the Monica Lewinski story look like a lottery win by comparison.

THIS
http://www.newsmax.com/CMSPages/GetFile.aspx?guid=09693c63-39fb-4eff-b902-92d793440111&SiteName=Newsmax&maxsidesize=600

VERSUS THIS?
http://media.washtimes.com/media/image/2014/06/29/6_292014_hillary-clinton-bio-tech-38201.jpg

SERIOUSLY?

Cigar
02-12-2015, 02:02 PM
http://crooksandliars.com/files/imagecache/node_hot/primary_image/15/02/scott_crossed_eyes.jpg

birddog
02-12-2015, 02:07 PM
Better a cross-eyed Walker than a Hildebeast without makeup!

Cigar
02-12-2015, 02:08 PM
Better a cross-eyed Walker than a Hildebeast without makeup!

Scotty won't even get the nomination :laugh:

birddog
02-12-2015, 02:18 PM

Maybe, maybe not. The same is true of the Hildebeast.

Peter1469
02-12-2015, 02:20 PM
Scott won't get the nomination because he has a chance of winning. Davos has spoken.

Cigar
02-12-2015, 03:00 PM
Limbaugh: Scott Walker Should Say He Quit College Because He 'Didn't Want To Be Accused Of Rape'

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh offered some unsolicited advice on Thursday to fellow college dropout Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R).

Limbaugh said during his show that if Walker, a potential presidential contender, were to be asked about why he left college, he should respond this way: "I left college because I didn't want to be accused of rape someday."

"Now he can't say that, of course," Limbaugh continued. "But, I mean, just ram it right down their throats. They're trying to create this 'rape culture' on the campus."

"It seems like any man that goes to college could randomly be accused of committing rape!" he added.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rush-limbaugh-scott-walker-campus-rape

:laugh:

PolWatch
02-12-2015, 03:05 PM
:huh: just when ya think you have heard everything......

Peter1469
02-12-2015, 03:06 PM
Hear me now. Any GOP candidate who is taken seriously by the "news" will be attacked and accused of crimes.

Journalism is dead in America.

Cigar
02-12-2015, 03:07 PM
:huh: just when ya think you have heard everything......

Rush Limbaugh ... The National Spokesman for The Ingorant :laugh:

Cigar
02-12-2015, 03:09 PM
Hear me now. Any GOP candidate who is taken seriously by the "news" will be attacked and accused of crimes.

Journalism is dead in America.

Same for Any Candidate

Peter1469
02-12-2015, 03:57 PM
Same for Any Candidate

Dems got to go full kink before the "news" says anything.

Look at the Breck Girl- he was flying on planes with his whore and the "news" didn't say peep. The National Enquirer had to report it.

hanger4
02-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Rush Limbaugh ... The National Spokesman for The Ingorant :laugh:

Must be true cause you and a couple other lefties are about the

only ones that bring him up in conversations.

Cigar
02-12-2015, 04:43 PM
Must be true cause you and a couple other lefties are about the

only ones that bring him up in conversations.

What ... do you live in a Cave?

He's in the news all the time.

Howey
02-12-2015, 04:49 PM
Limbaugh: Scott Walker Should Say He Quit College Because He 'Didn't Want To Be Accused Of Rape'

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh offered some unsolicited advice on Thursday to fellow college dropout Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R).

Limbaugh said during his show that if Walker, a potential presidential contender, were to be asked about why he left college, he should respond this way: "I left college because I didn't want to be accused of rape someday."

"Now he can't say that, of course," Limbaugh continued. "But, I mean, just ram it right down their throats. They're trying to create this 'rape culture' on the campus."

"It seems like any man that goes to college could randomly be accused of committing rape!" he added.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rush-limbaugh-scott-walker-campus-rape

:laugh:

Wait. I thought it was Rand Paul accused of rape?

Walker was merely thrown out of Marquette for being an asshole. I guess that's why he's pissed off the entire state by cutting funding to the college.

Oh...

3. His economic policies have been a success. Walker has reduced unemployment in his state and erased a budget deficit that stood at some $3.6 billion when he took office.

Huh. I just read somewhere that Wisconsin is lagging behind all the other midwest states in job creation.

Here's a look at Walker's recent lies:

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/scott-walker/statements/byruling/barely-true/

Wow. Maybe he can apply for Brian William's job!

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/scott-walker/statements/byruling/false/

and here's a pretty long list of Pants on Fires

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/scott-walker/statements/byruling/pants-fire/

hanger4
02-12-2015, 04:50 PM
What ... do you live in a Cave?

He's in the news all the time.

aaaaaaaaaaaaah .... Cigar the hack sites you read and thread

from aren't news, they're left wing propaganda sites.

Howey
02-12-2015, 04:55 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaah .... Cigar the hack sites you read and thread

from aren't news, they're left wing propaganda sites.

The guy that interviewed him in England says Walker has been mentioned over 200 times on *cough* Rush Limbaugh lately.

Tell, me. Is Polifact, the guys who gave Obama the Lie of the Year a while back, "left wing propoganda"?

Common
02-12-2015, 05:02 PM
Scott walker wont win, end of conversation

Howey
02-12-2015, 05:13 PM
Dems got to go full kink before the "news" says anything.

Look at the Breck Girl- he was flying on planes with his $#@! and the "news" didn't say peep. The National Enquirer had to report it.

Ya know...I never heard of that story before. How quickly it took the right to go from hating pretty candidates to bowing before them!

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/23/us/politics/23web-nagourney.html

PolWatch
02-12-2015, 05:17 PM
I guess its too much to ask to discuss candidates' policies or platform. Let's call 'em all cutesy names and worry about their appearance. That way we don't have to worry about actual issues and Oz-behind-the-curtain can continue as normal.

Howey
02-12-2015, 05:17 PM
Interesting story. Wonder what he did? And why he won't say?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-scott-walker-mulls-white-house-bid-questions-linger-over-college-exit/2015/02/11/8e17ea44-b13e-11e4-886b-c22184f27c35_story.html

MILWAUKEE — Scott Walker was gone. Dropped out. And in the spring of his senior year.

In 1990, that news stunned his friends at Marquette University. Walker, the campus’s suit-wearing, Reagan-loving politico — who enjoyed the place so much that he had run for student body president — had left without graduating.

To most of the Class of 1990 — and, later, to Wisconsin’s political establishment — Walker’s decision to quit college has been a lingering mystery.

Common
02-12-2015, 05:21 PM
Man I thought it was going to be something juicy like he got caught having gay sex with a public worker

hanger4
02-12-2015, 05:34 PM
Man I thought it was going to be something juicy like he got caught having gay sex with a public worker

Won't be long before we know all about Walkers high school

doings and Little League affiliation.

nic34
02-12-2015, 05:38 PM
At least he didn't pray to aqua buddah....:laugh:

hanger4
02-12-2015, 05:39 PM
Here is a counter to David A. Fahrenthold's hit piece;

www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/02/the-non-mystery-of-scott-walkers-college-career.php

Howey
02-12-2015, 05:43 PM
Here is a counter to David A. Fahrenthold's hit piece;

www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2015/02/the-non-mystery-of-scott-walkers-college-career.php

For eight years y'all have been questioning Obama's college days. Hell, you've been question Obama's preschool days! Get over it. Every presidential candidate goes through a vetting process.

Common Sense
02-12-2015, 05:43 PM
Maybe he got preggers...

Common Sense
02-12-2015, 05:45 PM
Unelectable outside of middle America.

gamewell45
02-12-2015, 05:49 PM
Anyone running for public office needs to understand that all the dirt on you will eventually come out.

hanger4
02-12-2015, 05:49 PM
For eight years y'all have been questioning Obama's college days. Hell, you've been question Obama's preschool days! Get over it. Every presidential candidate goes through a vetting process.

All for it Howey and it has been eight years questioning Obama's

college days and still no answers.

Howey
02-12-2015, 05:55 PM
All for it Howey and it has been eight years questioning Obama's

college days and still no answers.

The questions about Obama have been answered, just not how y'all want them to be.

Howey
02-12-2015, 05:56 PM
yup

nathanbforrest45
02-12-2015, 05:56 PM
Scott Walker once put his shoes on backwards by mistake. Its true. His family was so shamed by it all they sold him to a tribe of Macinaw Indians.

nathanbforrest45
02-12-2015, 05:57 PM

Wonder why the vetting for Obama wasn't done until after he was elected.

nathanbforrest45
02-12-2015, 05:59 PM
The questions about Obama have been answered, just not how y'all want them to be.

Are you from the South howey? If not, the y'all is obviously an insult isn't it?

del
02-12-2015, 06:05 PM
Are you from the South howey? If not, the y'all is obviously an insult isn't it?

y'all need to toughen up

hanger4
02-12-2015, 06:06 PM

Do tell Howey ?? How about his college and law school grades ??

and his law school application ?? How about how Obama got into

Harvard Law School having graduated from college with no honors ??

nathanbforrest45
02-12-2015, 06:09 PM
y'all need to toughen up

Y'all is used by snarky assed Yankees in a vain attempt to belittle Southerners. Is that your intent as well here?

Peter1469
02-12-2015, 06:30 PM
Notice: Duplicate threads merged

del
02-12-2015, 07:00 PM
Y'all is used by snarky assed Yankees in a vain attempt to belittle Southerners. Is that your intent as well here?

is that what y'all think?

hanger4
02-12-2015, 07:24 PM
is that what y'all think?

Not me and I was born and raised down here.

Tis fun listening to yankees say you-all instead of y'all :grin:

Common
02-12-2015, 07:26 PM
yall just like up north we say youse and laugh at you rebs that say yall

Common
02-12-2015, 07:31 PM
Heres my honest opinion, walker represents the far right and they love him. He name will be splashed all over in a good light in all the far right demographics, like iowa.

As soon as he has to go national in the debates then the tide turns. Nationally the country isnt far right and walker cannot run away from his far rightness in Wisconsin. The right wants to believe the majority of the country thinks like them but it does not.

zelmo1234
02-12-2015, 09:24 PM
Wait. I thought it was Rand Paul accused of rape?

Walker was merely thrown out of Marquette for being an $#@!. I guess that's why he's pissed off the entire state by cutting funding to the college.

Oh...

Huh. I just read somewhere that Wisconsin is lagging behind all the other midwest states in job creation.

Here's a look at Walker's recent lies:

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/scott-walker/statements/byruling/barely-true/

Wow. Maybe he can apply for Brian William's job!

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/scott-walker/statements/byruling/false/

and here's a pretty long list of Pants on Fires

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/scott-walker/statements/byruling/pants-fire/

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=unemployment+rate+in+wisconsin

zelmo1234
02-12-2015, 09:25 PM
Heres my honest opinion, walker represents the far right and they love him. He name will be splashed all over in a good light in all the far right demographics, like iowa.

As soon as he has to go national in the debates then the tide turns. Nationally the country isnt far right and walker cannot run away from his far rightness in Wisconsin. The right wants to believe the majority of the country thinks like them but it does not.

Why is it that the Republican moderates never win elections?

del
02-12-2015, 09:41 PM

because their *base* is jampacked with wingers who'd rather cut off their noses to spite their faces than compromise.

it's pretty fucking funny, too

Common
02-12-2015, 09:43 PM

Republican moderates dont win elections? both bushs? and when did a ted cruz or a scott walker far right ever win a national election zel ?

Peter1469
02-12-2015, 10:00 PM
Repub moderates don't win elections because they are dem lite. People who want dem- vote dem.

zelmo1234
02-12-2015, 10:02 PM
Republican moderates dont win elections? both bushs? and when did a ted cruz or a scott walker far right ever win a national election zel ?

Neither Bush was considered a moderate! Bush on e was closer that JR. when Bush one moved to the left and compromised on taxes he was defeated by Clinton! The last moderate that the Republican party elected was Nixon, and that did not turn out to well.

McCain, and Romney were form the very moderate wing of the party and they were crushed. Dole was form the same wing, and he was also crushed.

when republicans win they run on conservative principles and they have a well laid out plan. This is what it will take. Jeb, Christie, Huntsmen would all be crushed by the Democrat, because there really is NO difference!

Bold differences and Conservative values will be the one way to win elections for republican.

zelmo1234
02-12-2015, 10:02 PM
Repub moderates don't win elections because they are dem lite. People who want dem- vote dem.

Exactly!

Common
02-12-2015, 10:16 PM

Again peter the two bush's Father and Son the only two republicans in recent history Moderates. When was the last time a far right teaparty type got elected. NEVER in my lifetime. Reagan would be more moderate than bush today.

The right keeps saying moderate GOP cant get elected and they are the ONLY ones that ever get elected of win primaries. How about the last primary all right wingers and romney. WHO WON.

On every forum before that primary all the right wingers said romny cant win hes a democrat.

So all this mouth breathing about ONLY very conservative gopers can win is pure BS

Peter1469
02-12-2015, 10:27 PM
Again peter the two bush's Father and Son the only two republicans in recent history Moderates. When was the last time a far right teaparty type got elected. NEVER in my lifetime. Reagan would be more moderate than bush today.

The right keeps saying moderate GOP cant get elected and they are the ONLY ones that ever get elected of win primaries. How about the last primary all right wingers and romney. WHO WON.

On every forum before that primary all the right wingers said romny cant win hes a democrat.

So all this mouth breathing about ONLY very conservative gopers can win is pure BS

BS. Reagan is not moderate in any definition of the word. He did work with a dem Congress and that created not conservative spending, but his goal was winning the Cold War. And if that was to do stupid economic deals with the dems- he did it.

del
02-12-2015, 10:32 PM
lol

reagan no more won the cold war than you did

zelmo1234
02-12-2015, 10:34 PM
[QUOTE=Common;960160]Again peter the two bush's Father and Son the only two republicans in recent history Moderates. When was the last time a far right teaparty type got elected. NEVER in my lifetime. Reagan would be more moderate than bush today.

So all this mouth breathing about ONLY very conservative gopers can win is pure BS[/QUOTE

What were the moderate stances that Bush #1 and #2 were advocating?

Peter1469
02-12-2015, 10:36 PM
lol

Incorrect. Had another Carter been president, the Soviet Union would have lasted longer.

I was a private when Regan was president. That was a bad ass army. The stuff we did then would not be tolerated today. And that is a shame.

del
02-12-2015, 10:48 PM
Incorrect. Had another Carter been president, the Soviet Union would have lasted longer.

I was a private when Regan was president. That was a bad ass army. The stuff we did then would not be tolerated today. And that is a shame.

i was an O-3 when reagan was president, and you're kidding yourself if you think he made any significant difference in the demise of the ussr.

i'm trying to remember some of those glorious campaigns of the reagan era- grenada and uhhh...

then there's mmmmm

he was good at dealing drugs to support terrorists, excuse me, *freedom fighters*, and sending squads of thugs to murder bishops, priest and nuns.

Redrose
02-12-2015, 10:51 PM
Our two best educated presidents were Jimmy Carter and Barack Obama.

Education doesn't make you a good president apparently.

Two of the least educated presidents were Harry S. Truman and Ronald Reagan. Two of the strongest presidents.

Also, Walker has a lazy eye. I thought liberals were so damn tolerent. To quote Hillary "what difference does it make....."

I hope we don't have to look at this for four years:

Common
02-12-2015, 10:52 PM
BS. Reagan is not moderate in any definition of the word. He did work with a dem Congress and that created not conservative spending, but his goal was winning the Cold War. And if that was to do stupid economic deals with the dems- he did it.

Todays standard of conservative reagan is a moderated, besides that reagan was president 34 yrs ago.

I stand buy right wing conservatives do not get elected

zelmo1234
02-12-2015, 10:53 PM
Wow Peter! You were serving in the military in the Reagan years and Del was still shitting in diapers

And yet he knows more that you! That is the amazing thing with liberals, they are all legends in their own minds!

Common
02-12-2015, 10:53 PM
Our two best educated presidents were Jimmy Carter and Barack Obama.

Education doesn't make you a good president apparently.

Two of the least educated presidents were Harry S. Truman and Ronald Reagan. Two of the strongest presidents.

Also, Walker has a lazy eye. I thought liberals were so damn tolerent. To quote Hillary "what difference does it make....."

I hope we don't have to look at this for four years:

I never said it did rose, but being far right doesnt either, the voters have told us that time and time again.

You had bush the father then GW then you had McCain win the primary then Romeny... and STILL THE RIGHT wingers tell us ad nausem that only far right conservatives can win. They never win

del
02-12-2015, 10:56 PM
Wow Peter! You were serving in the military in the Reagan years and Del was still shitting in diapers

And yet he knows more that you! That is the amazing thing with liberals, they are all legends in their own minds!

del had been in the usnr for nine years before reagan was elected the first time, asshole.

go fuck yourself

Peter1469
02-12-2015, 10:59 PM
i was an O-3 when reagan was president, and you're kidding yourself if you think he made any significant difference in the demise of the ussr.

i'm trying to remember some of those glorious campaigns of the reagan era- grenada and uhhh...

then there's mmmmm

he was good at dealing drugs to support terrorists, excuse me, *freedom fighters*, and sending squads of thugs to murder bishops, priest and nuns.

That is small stuff. He spent them into oblivion.

zelmo1234
02-12-2015, 11:01 PM
Todays standard of conservative reagan is a moderated, besides that reagan was president 34 yrs ago.

Of course you do , this is what the left has been telling the right for years. And every time they succeed in getting a moderate nominated? The democrat wins the white house.

But back on main street the conservatives have more Governors mansions and state houses than any time in history!

The blue states of the rust belt! have turned to republicans. And the Democrats think that the country has moved to the left.

Now the world is more dangerous. and the people think that the country is going in the wrong direction!

Remember Carter was gong to crush Reagan! And then life happened.

Redrose
02-12-2015, 11:01 PM
I never said it did rose, but being far right doesnt either, the voters have told us that time and time again.

You had bush the father then GW then you had McCain win the primary then Romeny... and STILL THE RIGHT wingers tell us ad nausem that only far right conservatives can win. They never win

That wasn't in response to any of your posts, there has been some discussion of Walker's education qualifications.

del
02-12-2015, 11:03 PM
That is small stuff. He spent them into oblivion.

he spent us into oblivion is what you meant

he didn't do shit to the russians- the russians did it to themselves and would have done it if cigar was president

zelmo1234
02-12-2015, 11:15 PM
del had been in the usnr for nine years before reagan was elected the first time, $#@!.

go $#@! yourself

I thought that you said you were 0 and 3

Peter1469
02-12-2015, 11:16 PM
he spent us into oblivion is what you meant

he didn't do shit to the russians- the russians did it to themselves and would have done it if cigar was president

Negative. Reagan's deficits were child's play. Obama's first deficit was bigger than anything Regan could imagine.

Don't piss on me and tell me that it is raining.

del
02-13-2015, 12:00 AM
Negative. Reagan's deficits were child's play. Obama's first deficit was bigger than anything Regan could imagine.

Don't piss on me and tell me that it is raining.

extend me the same courtesy, buckwheat

who said anything about obama?

ma, he did it too and it was worserer lol

save your bullshit for people stupid enough to fall for it

reagan increased govt spendingand debt, doubled the deficit and tax revenues fell even after all his supply side mummery

negative :rofl:

del
02-13-2015, 12:01 AM
I thought that you said you were 0 and 3

learn to read, fuckstick

Peter1469
02-13-2015, 06:55 AM
extend me the same courtesy, buckwheat

who said anything about obama?

ma, he did it too and it was worserer lol

save your bullshit for people stupid enough to fall for it

reagan increased govt spendingand debt, doubled the deficit and tax revenues fell even after all his supply side mummery

negative :rofl:

Tax revenues increased (http://www.usgovernmentrevenue.com/revenue_history)in the 1980s.

http://www.usgovernmentrevenue.com/include/usgr_chart3p21.png

Peter1469
02-13-2015, 06:58 AM
learn to read, fuckstick

Warning: Please don’t call members names like fuckstick- that is rude.

Ransom
02-13-2015, 07:32 AM
lol

That history thing has always been tough for del. I cannot imagine your poor history classroom desk and all the drool it had to endure while you dozed through lessons. Had I been your teacher then as I am today, you would not have been permitted zZ's.

del
02-13-2015, 12:21 PM
That history thing has always been tough for del. I cannot imagine your poor history classroom desk and all the drool it had to endure while you dozed through lessons. Had I been your teacher then as I am today, you would not have been permitted zZ's.

lol

you couldn't teach a dog to bark

Reason10
02-14-2015, 08:31 AM

Right now he's at the top of the polls. The base wants him. We don't want Jeb.

Learn to live with it. Likely, Governor Walker is the next president.

Reason10
02-14-2015, 08:33 AM
Scott walker wont win, end of conversation

Yes he will. If he is nominated, there is not a Democrat alive today who can defeat him.

Reason10
02-14-2015, 08:35 AM

Scott represents the MAJORITY of America. He isn't far right. He is mainstream conservative, like most of America. If he is nominated, he'll win in a landslide. The Democrats have nothing but FAR LEFT candidates. They can't win.

Reason10
02-14-2015, 08:38 AM

Look at the record: Reagan CONSERVATIVE, two electoral victories, both landslides.
Bush 41 LIBERAL one term
Dole LIBERAL defeat
Bush 42 ran as a conservative, TWO TERMS, even as second term he was a liberal
McCain LIBERAL defeat
Romney LIBERAL defeat.
America doesn't want liberals running this country.
If Walker runs and is nominated, he'll win in a landslide.

Reason10
02-14-2015, 08:40 AM
lol

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2013/06/ronald-reagan-conservative-statesman

Then, in 1987, after he had begun a series of productive summit meetings and concluded an arms treaty with the new Soviet leader, Mikhail Gorbachev, Reagan stood in front of the Berlin Wall and issued a direct challenge: “Mr. Gorbachev—tear down this wall!”[23] (http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2013/06/ronald-reagan-conservative-statesman#_ftn23) His four dramatic summit meetings with Gorbachev were unlike any previous U.S.–Soviet summits: Reagan insisted upon arguing fundamental principles of democracy and human rights versus Communist ideology rather than negotiating narrowly about technical military details and small-bore trade agreements.

Reagan’s strategy was vindicated starting in late 1988 when Gorbachev publicly repudiated the “Brezhnev doctrine,” which held that the Soviet Union would defend socialism everywhere by force of arms if necessary. Gorbachev’s decision to remove Soviet troops unilaterally from Eastern Europe contributed in short order to Eastern European nations, starting with Poland, throwing off Communist rule. In November 1989, the Berlin Wall came down, and in 1991, the Soviet Union dissolved.

Margaret Thatcher later said that “Reagan won the Cold War without the firing of a shot.”[24] (http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2013/06/ronald-reagan-conservative-statesman#_ftn24) Princeton historian Sean Wilentz, a liberal who is generally no friend of conservatives or Republicans, wrote of Reagan: “His success in helping finally to end the cold war is one of the greatest achievements by any president of the United States—and arguably the greatest single presidential achievement since 1945.”[25] (http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2013/06/ronald-reagan-conservative-statesman#_ftn25)

Don't ya just HATE losing an argument in such a big way.

Reason10
02-14-2015, 08:43 AM

What unknown part of your lower intestinal tract did you pull THAT lie out of?

They do if they are nominated.

cutman
02-15-2015, 05:22 PM

That isn't true. GHWB and Ronald Reagan would be moderates in today's climate. I do believe some of Nixon's policies would place him there as well. Was GWB a moderate? That depends on whom you ask.

I think what you're talking about is Senator McCain and Governor Romney vs. President Obama.

Nothing on God's green earth was going to give the GOP another term after the Bush fiasco in the middle east. McCain didn't help matters any by picking Sarah Palin and suspending his campaign when TARP was being debated. As for Governor Romney, there is ample, fertile ground to cast doubt on his campaign team. In the first place, he allowed the democrats to define him. They (the Democrats) went on the offensive early questioning him about his tax returns, his Cayman Island accounts and by attacking his service at Bain.

In the primaries, you can make up ground when you're attacked because it is such a long season with staggered rewards. In the General Election, it's all or nothing as you move forward and a bad two-weeks can wound you pretty severely. A bad month and it's all over. Romney's team was probably suited well for the primaries. But they seemed to think that there was "always a tomorrow" on the campaign trail in the General. In late July, Romney actually left the country and went to Israel, London, and Poland of all places. When he got back in early August, the "Romney killed my wife ad" which never actually aired on television, soured the landscape even more. In Mid September, the Mother Jones 47% video surfaced which all but did him in. The first debate helped but the VP debate and the subsequent two presidential contests were ones where Romney clearly lost either on points or a knockout.

By the end, the massive amounts of cash meant little for Romney since in October and November, the local, congressional district, and other state-wide races take up ad space in the papers and air time on radio and TV. Having money is great but not if you have nowhere to spend it.

Moderate republicans can and will win Presidencies in the future. There is no doubt about it. But they have to show up and campaign effectively.

Bob
02-15-2015, 05:41 PM
The guy that interviewed him in England says Walker has been mentioned over 200 times on *cough* Rush Limbaugh lately.

Tell, me. Is Polifact, the guys who gave Obama the Lie of the Year a while back, "left wing propoganda"?

Ok... ok and ok.

Obama is black. First black elected president.

But for skin color, what do you see in him?

Don't tell me he won't run again cause I know that. But the Hildebeast is not black. She was part of the crap he did.

Tell me why any of us should vote for her.

I will vote for Walker as I said from day one.