PDA

View Full Version : White House Stalled ISIS Rescue. Foley, Sotloff, and Mueller Died.

Wehrwolfen
02-13-2015, 12:32 AM
Too Slow
By Jamie Dettmer and (http://www.thedailybeast.com/contributors/jamie-dettmer.html)[/URL]Shane Harris (https://twitter.com/intent/follow?original_referer=/contributors/jamie-dettmer.html&region=follow_link&screen_name=jamiewrit&tw_p=followbutton&variant=2.0)
The U.S. did not think British intelligence was good enough to act on and waited a month to launch a mission to rescue ISIS's hostages. By then it was too late.
The U.S. government obtained intelligence on the possible location of American captives held by ISIS in Syria last year, but Obama administration officials waited nearly a month to launch a rescue mission because of concerns that the intelligence wasn’t conclusive and some of it had come from a foreign service, U.S. and British officials told The Daily Beast.
British officials, as well as private security contractors, said they were frustrated by Washington’s hesitance to give the go-ahead for a rescue attempt, which eventually was carried out on July 4, 2014, by which time the hostages had been moved. The following month, ISIS began beheading its American and British prisoners in a series of grisly Internet videos.

“They got the information. They just didn’t trust it. And they did sit on it, there’s no doubt about that.”

Toward the end of May, the British government had identified two or three locations in and around the Syrian city of Raqqa, the de facto capital of the so-called Islamic State, where the militants had moved hostages during the previous weeks and months. But the British were not absolutely sure in which location the Westerners were held. The captives included American journalists James Foley (https://twitter.com/intent/follow?original_referer=/contributors/shane-harris.html&region=follow_link&screen_name=shaneharris&tw_p=followbutton&variant=2.0) and Steven Sotloff (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/09/22/obama-administration-and-sotloff-family-battle-over-blame-for-journalist-s-kidnapping.html), as well aid worker Kayla Mueller (http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/02/10/isis-hostage-kayla-mueller-is-dead.html). The information—based on debriefings of European captives who had been released, satellite and drone surveillance, and electronic eavesdropping—was not definitive in May.
Then, in early June, London had a “positive identification and that information was shared with Washington,” said a British source. The delay of nearly a month before the rescue bid was mounted remains a source of bewilderment for British officials.
But a U.S. official said that inside the White House, Obama’s senior national-security advisers were not willing to base a raid on intelligence developed by a foreign service.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
[URL]http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/02/12/obama-s-isis-hesitation-cost-u-s-lives.html

Actual any intervention and by our military interfered with Obama's Golfing schedule, therefore any rescue efforts were scrapped. Now we see that three hundred Marines are in danger. Will Obama order another "Stand Down" as he has done before? Will Obama blame this on another video?

Redrose
02-13-2015, 01:42 AM
He's totally useless. He doesn't have the necessary skills to deal with real world issues that require timely decisiveness and a set of balls. As president, he doesn't have the luxury of time to sit back and contemplate and take his time like it's a college project. He's an over educated pencil pusher. He is supposed to surround himself with qualified people, advisors who will put America's interest first. He is surrounded with far left wing extremeists and communists. America's interest will never be properly served with that kind of representation in the WH. He wouldn't believe British intelligence, but he'll believe the Castro Brothers.

He needed to stay in Chicago organizing communities and causing racial divisions.

King Abdullah, II acted like a leader when the pilot was burned to death. Obama played a round of golf when Foley was beheaded. He's an embarrassment and a liability to our country.

Cigar
02-13-2015, 08:27 AM
He's totally useless. He doesn't have the necessary skills to deal with real world issues that require timely decisiveness and a set of balls. As president, he doesn't have the luxury of time to sit back and contemplate and take his time like it's a college project. He's an over educated pencil pusher. He is supposed to surround himself with qualified people, advisors who will put America's interest first. He is surrounded with far left wing extremeists and communists. America's interest will never be properly served with that kind of representation in the WH. He wouldn't believe British intelligence, but he'll believe the Castro Brothers.

He needed to stay in Chicago organizing communities and causing racial divisions.

King Abdullah, II acted like a leader when the pilot was burned to death. Obama played a round of golf when Foley was beheaded. He's an embarrassment and a liability to our country.

I dont get it ...

So what you're saying is; the President should have gone againt the desisions of his Military Advisors, and place MORE American lives in danger over incomplete intelligence.

What the point in having Experienced Military Advisors when you can just post the question on Political Forum to their .Military Experts.

If your own United States Military Advisors tell you the British Inlelligance in inconclusive, why do a Jimmy Carter and place dozens of trained troops and millions of dollars of equipment in danger fo information you're not 100% on.

At the end of the day, when it's all said and .... I'll go with this President Proven terrorest kill record and rescue over any of the GOP Fuck-Ups.

Dottom-Line, if your Candidate doesn't Win Presidential Elections, then you'll never like the calls my candidate makes. But who cares ... you lost.

Common Sense
02-13-2015, 08:56 AM
I find it funny that when OBL was killed, Obama could take no credit for it as it was the military acting, but when something goes wrong in the military, it's Obama's fault.

I think people are ignorant when it comes to military operations and how involved the POTUS is.

Safety
02-13-2015, 08:58 AM
I find it funny that when OBL was killed, Obama could take no credit for it as it was the military acting, but when something goes wrong in the military, it's Obama's fault.

I think people are ignorant when it comes to military operations and how involved the POTUS is.

It's tow the partisan line first, think second, if at all.

Cigar
02-13-2015, 09:09 AM
Advice to All Parents ...

The Next Time one of your sweet little innocent angles wants to prance off to a desert WarTorn God Forsaken Hell Hole with a History of Killing White People, just to help the poor; Smack the Fucking Taste out of their mouths and tell them to go to Chicago.

They don't Shop Off Heads in Chicago

Captain Obvious
02-13-2015, 09:10 AM

To either extreme - depending on one's political stances.

Captain Obvious
02-13-2015, 09:10 AM

The Next Time one of your sweet little innocent angles wants to prance off to a desert WarTorn God Forsaken Hell Hole with a History of Killing White People, just to help the poor; Smack the Fucking Taste out of their mouths and tell them to go to Chicago.

Shop off?

Yeah, they just gun each other down there.

Safety
02-13-2015, 09:11 AM
Shop off?

99% is gang on gang.

PolWatch
02-13-2015, 09:12 AM
I can't help it...I know it was a typo but it produced an image of 2 girls having a 'shop off' in a mall. Deadly serious business! The one whose credit card melts...wins!

Captain Obvious
02-13-2015, 09:13 AM
99% is gang on gang.

Yeah, so?

Cigar
02-13-2015, 09:14 AM
99% is gang on gang.

How would he know ... ?

Captain Obvious
02-13-2015, 09:14 AM
I can't help it...I know it was a typo but it produced an image of 2 girls having a 'shop off' in a mall. Deadly serious business! The one whose credit card melts...wins!

That hit me too actually.

And someone once said the opposite of telling one to "fuck off" is to "fuck on", that too.

Captain Obvious
02-13-2015, 09:15 AM
How would he know ... ?

Some newspapers still cover black-on-black violence even though it's so commonplace anymore that many don't.

Safety
02-13-2015, 09:15 AM
Yeah, so?

If you disregard the many spelling errors, "little innocent angels" aren't usually part of gangs. So they more than likely are going to be ok in Chicago.

Cigar
02-13-2015, 09:16 AM
Shop off?

I don't care about the spelling, I'll never be in danger because I give to the poor in America

Captain Obvious
02-13-2015, 09:17 AM
I don't care about the spelling, I'll never be in danger because I give to the poor in America

You'd be in better shape if only they'd give back.

Cigar
02-13-2015, 09:17 AM
If you disregard the many spelling errors, "little innocent angels" aren't usually part of gangs. So they more than likely are going to be ok in Chicago.

They'll at least say thank you ... when do we ever hear a Thank You coming from the Middle East?

Cigar
02-13-2015, 09:20 AM
You'd be in better shape if only they'd give back.

They do --> http://www.waco4kids.org/