PDA

View Full Version : If the President Veto's Keystone

texan
02-13-2015, 04:23 PM
And gas goes up shortly thereafter, what happens when the opponents get done with him?

I think if gas goes up much on his watch that he will get tattoo'd in the polls again.

Peter1469
02-13-2015, 05:24 PM
The "news" will say that the GOP is the party of No.

del
02-13-2015, 05:25 PM
And gas goes up shortly thereafter, what happens when the opponents get done with him?

I think if gas goes up much on his watch that he will get tattoo'd in the polls again.

yeah, he probably won't run for that third term

jebus

PolWatch
02-13-2015, 05:28 PM
the price of gas has already started to go up....it was $1.85 last week...its $1.99 this week. who shall we blame?

Safety
02-13-2015, 05:30 PM

You forgot to change the page in the playbook, Obama isn't running a third term. Gotta find new talking points....

Howey
02-13-2015, 06:22 PM

Once again...Read my lips.

Neither Obama nor the Keystone Poopline have any effect on the price of gas.

Howey
02-13-2015, 06:23 PM
the price of gas has already started to go up....it was $1.85 last week...its $1.99 this week. who shall we blame?

That's because they're switching from "winter" gas to "summer" gas, for lack of a better term.

Blackrook
02-13-2015, 08:17 PM
Obama doesn't have to personally pay for gas since the taxpayers fly him around on Air Force One and drive him in limousines to his golf course.

Reason10
02-13-2015, 08:19 PM

Like he gives a rat's ass about polls, huh.

hanger4
02-13-2015, 08:22 PM

The more oil on the market the lower cost per barrel.

Just sayin'.

Common
02-13-2015, 08:32 PM

Well Obama I guess

Safety
02-13-2015, 08:35 PM
Obama doesn't have to personally pay for gas since the taxpayers fly him around on Air Force One and drive him in limousines to his golf course.

Like every other f'kin president?

Envy is unbecoming.

PolWatch
02-13-2015, 08:37 PM
Well Obama I guess

Did he get credit for it dropping from over $4.00 a gallon? I'm trying to figure this gas price credit/blame issue out. I saw lots of blame when it was high, no credit when it was low. I suspect he had no more to do with one price than the other....

Hal Jordan
02-13-2015, 09:59 PM
Did he get credit for it dropping from over $4.00 a gallon? I'm trying to figure this gas price credit/blame issue out. I saw lots of blame when it was high, no credit when it was low. I suspect he had no more to do with one price than the other....

Somehow I think your suspicions are correct...

Redrose
02-13-2015, 10:34 PM

His left wing posse will blame Bush and the GOP. He'll still come out smelling like the delicate flower that he is.

He's a feckless wuss, who is doing everything in his power to weaken, hurt and embarrass this country.

His little display infront of the mirror showed the world what we've been dealing with for 6+ years.

He's the real JV.

del
02-13-2015, 11:10 PM
His left wing posse will blame Bush and the GOP. He'll still come out smelling like the delicate flower that he is.

He's a feckless wuss, who is doing everything in his power to weaken, hurt and embarrass this country.

His little display infront of the mirror showed the world what we've been dealing with for 6+ years.

He's the real JV.

i'm beginning to think you disapprove of him

birddog
02-13-2015, 11:49 PM

The fact that Obama has not allowed drilling on public land nor closer to the shore has a definite effect on our price at the pump. Certainly, there are other factors that he doesn't directly affect. If we had become completely energy independent, which the dims have never allowed, prices would be consistently, reasonably low.

Bob
02-14-2015, 12:22 AM
The fact that Obama has not allowed drilling on public land nor closer to the shore has a definite effect on our price at the pump. Certainly, there are other factors that he doesn't directly affect. If we had become completely energy independent, which the dims have never allowed, prices would be consistently, reasonably low.

Today on CSPAN, I caught the freshman representative that represents Malibu, Rep Lieu I believe, state as a fact he refused to support Keystone for one reason. Climate. This is what the nation gets from CA Democrats. Scroll through view and you will hear him admit to his blocking.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?324243-4/washington-journal-representative-ted-lieu-dca

Redrose
02-14-2015, 04:04 AM
i'm beginning to think you disapprove of him

I'm sorry, I cannot hide my distain for his politics and attitude.

Reason10
02-14-2015, 08:52 AM

A couple of observations:

1. Gasoline prices began their downward spiral because of FRACKING, in the Dakotas.
2. The nosedive was due to OPEC increasing its production in order to put fracking companies out of business.
3. One source says American refineries are cutting back on production as they retool for the summer blends of gasoline. (a dumbass process given to us by none other than Bill Clinton, a lousy president who just HAD to make gasoline prices go up.)
4. The fracking companies will not go out of business because they don't need to find the oil. They know where it is. When oil prices go back up, they'll just start pumping it again and we'll get lower prices.
5. If Congress will override the veto from the KENYAN VILLAGE IDIOT (concerning the Keystone Pipeline), then oil speculators will bid the price of oil down in anticipation of future increases in supply. That could bring gasoline down to PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH levels of as low as $1.80 a gallon. Once the pipeline is completed, we're looking at a dollar a gallon for the rest of our lifetimes.

domer76
02-14-2015, 09:02 AM
Yep, just like every President before him. Pretty fucking weird how that works, huh?

domer76
02-14-2015, 09:03 AM
Like every other f'kin president?

Envy is unbecoming.
Beat me to it

domer76
02-14-2015, 09:05 AM

He's the real JV.
if he's a feckless wuss, how would you describe the conservatives in Congress, who he has been handing their collectives asses to them for 6 years? (Two more to go!)

domer76
02-14-2015, 09:11 AM
A couple of observations:

1. Gasoline prices began their downward spiral because of FRACKING, in the Dakotas.
2. The nosedive was due to OPEC increasing its production in order to put fracking companies out of business.
3. One source says American refineries are cutting back on production as they retool for the summer blends of gasoline. (a dumbass process given to us by none other than Bill Clinton, a lousy president who just HAD to make gasoline prices go up.)
4. The fracking companies will not go out of business because they don't need to find the oil. They know where it is. When oil prices go back up, they'll just start pumping it again and we'll get lower prices.
5. If Congress will override the veto from the KENYAN VILLAGE IDIOT (concerning the Keystone Pipeline), then oil speculators will bid the price of oil down in anticipation of future increases in supply. That could bring gasoline down to PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH levels of as low as $1.80 a gallon. Once the pipeline is completed, we're looking at a dollar a gallon for the rest of our lifetimes.
Bill Clinton originated the summer blend of gasoline? Wow, a petroleum chemist to boot! I didn't realize he was a man of so many talents!

As are many of your posts, including this one, the dollar a gallon fuel for the rest of your life is a pipe dream.