PDA

View Full Version : Bravo, Rachel, for this eye-opening report. A must-see for Liberals & Progressive

Cigar
06-21-2012, 09:01 AM
Wow ... I have to admit, I have paid little attention to the Eric Holder thing because Eric Holder didn't create Fast & Furious, but rather Ended the Programs. But the more The GOP makes this the most important thing that they have to do, the more my suspicious feelings perk up ... again. Because we're all getting numb to The Conservatives doing anything and everything to bring down this President ... even if it takes the conversation away from 90% of what Americans really care about ... Jobs. Because the GOP has NO Jobs Plan and they don't want Jobs to be a subject, unless it's an increase in Unemployment.

This was one of the best Rachel Maddow shows I've ever seen and I'm certain Conservatives will deny everything that was in it. That's how you'll know everything is true in the story.

For your Enjoyment Liberals / Progressive and The Whining Conservatives :)

NRA blackmailed Republican lawmakers into voting to hold Eric Holder in contempt

On the June 20th edition of “The Rachel Maddow Show," the hostess with the mostest featured one of her best segments ever, explaining the events leading up to Darryl Issa’s unprecedented move of charging Attorney General Eric Holder with contempt of Congress for not agreeing to hand over certain documents in the “Fast and Furious” investigation.

Watch the video for yourself. It is packed with jaw-dropping pieces of information, showing how the whole "scandal" began as a loony conspiracy-theory on the fringy right, moved into the halls of Congress and eventually culminated in the events that we saw today. But the one fact that struck me the most comes at the end when she accuses the NRA of threatening the Republican members of Congress with a negative rating if they voted against charging Holder with contempt. The result: all 23 Republican members on the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform voted to do just that.

I’m not saying all 23 wouldn’t have voted that way anyway, but it sure is scary realizing just how much power right-wing interest groups - and none more so than the NRA - have over the conservative members of Congress.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/06/21/1101813/-NRA-blackmailed-Republican-lawmakers-to-vote-to-hold-Eric-Holder-in-contempt-of-Congress

NRA Letter to Congress to Score Holder Vote

Ends with:

The American people - including millions of NRA members and tens of millions of NRA supporters - deserve the truth about these issues, and we will support any effort that leads us to that truth. This is an issue of utmost seriousness and the NRA will consider this vote in future candidate evaluations.

http://nraila.org/media/7733622/cc-letter-to-issa.pdf

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/06/21/1101858/-NRA-Letter-to-Congress-to-Score-Holder-Vote

Source: Democratic Underground

The best part of this Thread will be the reaction of Conservatives ... enjoy the responses. :wink:

MMC
06-21-2012, 09:17 AM
For more than 18 months we have been asking our federal government for justice and accountability. The documents sought by the House Oversight Committee and associated with Operation Fast and Furious should be produced and turned over to the committee. Our son lost his life protecting this nation, and it is very disappointing that we are now faced with an administration that seems more concerned with protecting themselves rather than revealing the truth behind Operation Fast and Furious.

Just prior to the vote, Rep. Ann Marie Buerkle (R-N.Y.) read a statement released by Terry's family, which read, in part:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/committee-votes-hold-eric-holder-contempt-over-fast-202646073.html

Then Maddow should have also included the letter from Terry's Parents read by and prior to that vote.....Do you think Maddow left that part out intentionally? I mean she has never been one to fully report all those aspects that are involved in a case. Must be those Rosie Colored glasses she wears.....huh?

Trinnity
06-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Wow ... I have to admit, I have paid little attention to the Eric Holder thing because Eric Holder didn't create Fast & Furious, but rather Ended the Programs. Why do you continue to insist of posting misinformation on this?

No, Operation Wide Receiver Does Not Excuse Obama Or Holder
(http://www.humanevents.com/2011/10/07/no-operation-wide-receiver-does-not-excuse-obama-or-holder/)
Operation Wide Receiver was a small-scale botched sting operation, in which a foolish, but faintly plausible, plan to track straw gun buyers to their criminal customers went terribly wrong. The Obama Administration used this disaster as a template, radically increased its scale, and turned it into something else altogether. Far from letting the Obama Administration “off the hook” because “Bush did it too,” an understanding of the full Operation Wide Receiver story makes the Obama scandal worse.

Dear reader, go look at the article cited and get the full story on just why this abuse of the law by this administration is so egregious and corrupt.

gophangover
06-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Wow ... I have to admit, I have paid little attention to the Eric Holder thing because Eric Holder didn't create Fast & Furious, but rather Ended the Programs. But the more The GOP makes this the most important thing that they have to do, the more my suspicious feelings perk up ... again. Because we're all getting numb to The Conservatives doing anything and everything to bring down this President ... even if it takes the conversation away from 90% of what Americans really care about ... Jobs. Because the GOP has NO Jobs Plan and they don't want Jobs to be a subject, unless it's an increase in Unemployment.

This was one of the best Rachel Maddow shows I've ever seen and I'm certain Conservatives will deny everything that was in it. That's how you'll know everything is true in the story.

For your Enjoyment Liberals / Progressive and The Whining Conservatives :)

Source: Democratic Underground

The best part of this Thread will be the reaction of Conservatives ... enjoy the responses. :wink:

When Ronnie Raygun was running guns to the Contras, running cocaine with Noriega and selling chemical weapons to Saddam Hussein, the cons did everything they could to stop the investigation. And Raygun got away with it. When tricky Dick committed his crimes, the cons tried to hide it. They also did a good job hiding Shrub Jr.s crimes. Now the cons try to get political gain from FAST AND FURIOUS. Guess what, the drug cartels had guns before FAST AND FURIOUS. The cartels were buying guns at guns shows in Texas for years before this happened. The operation by the ATF wasn't to help the cartels, it was an attempt to catch them. I think this is going to come back to bite the cons and the NRA in the ass.

MMC
06-21-2012, 09:41 AM
Nice Try Gopher.....

Some 2,000 firearms from the Lone Wolf Trading Company store and others in southern Arizona were illegally sold under an ATF program called Fast and Furious that allowed "straw purchasers" to walk away with the weapons and turn them over to criminal traffickers. But the agency's plan to trace the guns to the cartels never worked. As the case of the two Lone Wolf AK-47s tragically illustrates, the ATF, with a limited force of agents, did not keep track of them.

The Department of Justice in Washington said last week that one other Fast and Furious firearm turned up at a violent crime scene in this country. They have yet to provide any more details. They said another 28 Fast and Furious weapons were recovered at violent crimes in Mexico. They have not identified those cases either. The Mexican government maintains that an undisclosed number of Fast and Furious weapons have been found at some 170 crime scenes in their country.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep...-guns-20110912 (http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/11/nation/la-na-atf-guns-20110912)

Seems you forget the Mexican Government is also involved and once again instead of deflection. Do concentrate on the facts besides Agent Terry being killed. Or do you always excuse incompetance?

Cigar
06-21-2012, 09:44 AM
For more than 18 months we have been asking our federal government for justice and accountability. The documents sought by the House Oversight Committee and associated with Operation Fast and Furious should be produced and turned over to the committee. Our son lost his life protecting this nation, and it is very disappointing that we are now faced with an administration that seems more concerned with protecting themselves rather than revealing the truth behind Operation Fast and Furious.

Just prior to the vote, Rep. Ann Marie Buerkle (R-N.Y.) read a statement released by Terry's family, which read, in part:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/committee-votes-hold-eric-holder-contempt-over-fast-202646073.html

Then Maddow should have also included the letter from Terry's Parents read by and prior to that vote.....Do you think Maddow left that part out intentionally? I mean she has never been one to fully report all those aspects that are involved in a case. Must be those Rosie Colored glasses she wears.....huh?

Questions;

First ... how long would it take YOU to Read and Comprehend 7000 pages of documentation and would that be enough for you?
Second, if YOU were a Lawyer, and was Legally Bound to NOT release Classified section of Secure Documentation, would you do it?

Now ... back to what this Thread is about ... The NRA Influence. :)

MMC
06-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Questions;

First ... how long would it take YOU to Read and Comprehend 7000 pages of documentation and would that be enough for you?
Second, if YOU were a Lawyer, and was Legally Bound to NOT release Classified section of Secure Documentation, would you do it?

Now ... back to what this Thread is about ... The NRA Influence. :)

What need to run to the President requesting Executive privilidge for a criminal sting operation which was implemented in the US? Moreover as I pointed out Maddow forgot about what else took place before that vote.

Also the NRA would release a statement when 50 caliber sniper rifles were allowed to be put out by the government with assualt weapons. So the loose comments as to what they feel are hardly facts. While being from the Daily Kos and the Democratic Undergound. Missing the point of a US Federal Agent being killed pretty much throws out the looney conspiracy theory. As does the Store in Arizona.

Yes the NRA wants the Fed to come clean. A US Citizen was killed. As the Feds are always accusing the NRA over issues of Weapons. Do you think the government should be allowed a double-standard and not have to be upfront about the weapons?

Despite the whining and crying tactic by the Democrats that this is purely political. Is nothing more than deflection. Or do you think they should be making public statements that reflect the life of Agent Terry means Nothing? Do you always stick up for those that are incompetant?

Cigar
06-21-2012, 10:08 AM
What need to run to the President requesting Executive privilidge for a criminal sting operation which was implemented in the US? Moreover as I pointed out Maddow forgot about what else took place before that vote.

Also the NRA would release a statement when 50 caliber sniper rifles were allowed to be put out by the government with assualt weapons. So the loose comments as to what they feel are hardly facts. While being from the Daily Kos and the Democratic Undergound. Missing the point of a US Federal Agent being killed pretty much throws out the looney conspiracy theory. As does the Store in Arizona.

Yes the NRA wants the Fed to come clean. A US Citizen was killed. As the Feds are always accusing the NRA over issues of Weapons. Do you think the government should be allowed a double-standard and not have to be upfront about the weapons?

Despite the whining and crying tactic by the Democrats that this is purely political. Is nothing more than deflection. Or do you think they should be making public statements that reflect the life of Agent Terry means Nothing? Do you always stick up for those that are incompetant?

Can you please point me to a Link where it shows The President is after YOUR Gun(s) ?

MMC
06-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Can you please point me to a link where Holder gets to use the excuse of Clinging to his Guns and Religion? :wink:

Cigar
06-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Can you please point me to a link where Holder gets to use the excuse of Clinging to his Guns and Religion? :wink:

Good ... so you don't have a Link.

Thanks for playing.

MMC
06-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Good ... so you don't have a Link.

Thanks for playing.

NP.....but lets not forget you didn't start out asking for links to prove the President wants to take our guns. Course I notice you can't Prove any for Holder speaking about his guns and religion either.....huh?

Let me know when you want to go for extra innings. I"ll probably have to give you those extra at bats too. :laugh:

birddog
06-21-2012, 10:32 AM
I'm rather revolted by anyone watching Butch Maddow's show for more than 30 seconds!

Cigar
06-21-2012, 10:37 AM
NP.....but lets not forget you didn't start out asking for links to prove the President wants to take our guns. Course I notice you can't Prove any for Holder speaking about his guns and religion either.....huh?

Let me know when you want to go for extra innings. I"ll probably have to give you those extra at bats too. :laugh:

You are correct ... I can't find a Link where The President said anything about taking anyone's Guns.

Thanks for assisting me in proving a point.

Cigar
06-21-2012, 10:39 AM
I'm rather revolted by anyone watching Butch Maddow's show for more than 30 seconds!

I can understand why you would not be about to recolonize news when you see it, you're not use to it. :)

I can see you have your own issues with people different that you.

It makes you a great example of a Conservative.

Wow ... this is easy. :)

MMC
06-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Right and I can't find one on Holder saying anything about Clinging to his guns and religion. No, thank you.....for assisting me with mine as well as validating that Agent Terry's Death means something and that it wasn't some looney conspiracy like your link showed. :wink:

Cigar
06-21-2012, 10:43 AM
Right and I can't find one on Holder saying anything about Clinging to his guns and religion. No, thank you.....for assisting me with mine as well as validating that Agent Terry's Death means something and that it wasn't some looney conspiracy like your link showed. :wink:

I have to admit ... your statement is miles over my head.

Because I have no idea what the statement Clinging to Guns and Religion have to do with Eric Holder.

MMC
06-21-2012, 10:53 AM
I have to admit ... your statement is miles over my head.

Because I have no idea what the statement Clinging to Guns and Religion have to do with Eric Holder.

Kinda like yours with the Prez and taking our Guns question. Which has nothing to do with Fast and Furious, the NRA, or Agent Terrys Death and Eric Holder.

birddog
06-21-2012, 10:54 AM
I can understand why you would not be about to recolonize news when you see it, you're not use to it. :)

.Wow ... this is easy. :)

---------------

I appreciate REAL news when I see it, but not that which spews from Butch Madcow!

Thank you for thinking of me as a great example.

Trinnity
06-21-2012, 11:04 AM

Wow ... this is easy. :)Maddow does not present news and MXNBC is not a news channel. So.......just more of your lies.

Cigar
06-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Kinda like yours with the Prez and taking our Guns question. Which has nothing to do with Fast and Furious, the NRA, or Agent Terrys Death and Eric Holder.

Ok now I get it ... you didn't watch the Video.

Now it make sense :)

Cigar
06-21-2012, 11:24 AM
Maddow does not present news and MXNBC is not a news channel. So.......just more of your lies.

Yea Yea Yea Yea ... we know ... Lies Lies Lies ... it's All Lies ...

Mainecoons
06-21-2012, 12:45 PM
Come on, you can't seriously believe Maddow presents news. Maddow presents leftist opinion, Hannity presents rightist opinion, just two sides of the same coin.

Cigar
06-21-2012, 12:50 PM
Come on, you can't seriously believe Maddow presents news. Maddow presents leftist opinion, Hannity presents rightist opinion, just two sides of the same coin.

Question; is it possible you could ... first .. watch the Video. second consume the message, third debate the message, forth fact-check the message and lastly critique the messenger?