PDA

View Full Version : Obama Is Not On Vacation

Pendragon
08-19-2011, 02:52 PM
More obfuscation from the Right...while people prattle on about all the vacation that Obama has taken, consider that at this point in his presidency, Obama has been away from the White House for 70 days while at the same point George Bush had skipped out on 225.

Since I support my claims with facts, here is the link.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20014132-503544.html

Discuss.

Pendragon
08-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Also of note is that the Supreme Court enjoys three months off per year, yet the Republicans don't make that a talking point.

Mister D
08-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Who is prattling on about Obama's vacations? Are they simply upset about his taking a vacation or the fact that the he's taking vacations at inappropriate times?

Mister D
08-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Also of note is that the Supreme Court enjoys three months off per year, yet the Republicans don't make that a talking point.

Why should they?

Pendragon
08-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Who is prattling on about Obama's vacations? Are they simply upset about his taking a vacation or the fact that the he's taking vacations at inappropriate times?

I wonder what this said before you edited it.

Should Obama wait until the Republicans grant him permission to take a vacation?

When do you think he should be allowed to go?

The fallacy in all of this, and I admit the same is true for GOP presidents, is that even when they are on 'vacations' the President is still working. That's why the limos and buses cost so much. They are mobile offices.

Mister D
08-19-2011, 04:19 PM

I wonder what this said before you edited it.

Should Obama wait until the Republicans grant him permission to take a vacation?

When do you think he should be allowed to go?

The fallacy in all of this, and I admit the same is true for GOP presidents, is that even when they are on 'vacations' the President is still working. That's why the limos and buses cost so much. They are mobile offices.

I'll end the suspense for you. It originally read "are inappropriate times" instead of "at inappropriate times". ::)

No, the fallacy here is called a straw man. Who is prattling on about Obama's vacations? Are they simply upset about his taking a vacation or the fact that the he's taking vacations at inappropriate times? Let me add that liberals were a little upset by Bush's vacations. Are you really this much of a partisan, Pen?

Pendragon
08-19-2011, 04:26 PM
I have stated that I believe George W. Bush was working when he was away from the White House. That doesn't change the fact that he was away far more than Obama has been. You seem to be a fierce partisan but surely you can compare the two numbers and agree with that. Yes, many conservative and republicans are upset with Obama due to a perceived 'vacation'. I include people on this forum in that group as well. Do you have a rebuttal or must you continue with your sad games?

Mister D
08-19-2011, 06:45 PM
I have stated that I believe George W. Bush was working when he was away from the White House. That doesn't change the fact that he was away far more than Obama has been. You seem to be a fierce partisan but surely you can compare the two numbers and agree with that. Yes, many conservative and republicans are upset with Obama due to a perceived 'vacation'. I include people on this forum in that group as well. Do you have a rebuttal or must you continue with your sad games?

MMC
08-20-2011, 12:35 AM

Got a link to validate that Republicans do not make such a talking point? I am Republican and for years I have been complaining about Judges with lifetime Appointments. Also I believe any over the age of 65 needs to take a psychological evaluation every two yrs. To be payed for out of their own pockets too. That they do not get 3 months off in a year. Also that their salaries need to be revised.

Pendragon
08-21-2011, 10:43 AM

Got a link to validate that Republicans do not make such a talking point? I am Republican and for years I have been complaining about Judges with lifetime Appointments. Also I believe any over the age of 65 needs to take a psychological evaluation every two yrs. To be payed for out of their own pockets too. That they do not get 3 months off in a year. Also that their salaries need to be revised.

I am speaking from my own personal experience when dealing with Republicans. If you are one of the enlightened ones then I applaud you. Truly you are an exception. Perhaps you can enlight the rest of your comrades.

Conley
08-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Speaking in such generalities is generally pointless.

O0

MMC
08-21-2011, 10:57 AM

I am speaking from my own personal experience when dealing with Republicans. If you are one of the enlightened ones then I applaud you. Truly you are an exception. Perhaps you can enlight the rest of your comrades.

Perhaps you could start with Colin Powell, Swartzcroft and Gen. David Petraues. Now Director of the CIA.....as these Republicans have been around some time and have mentioned the useless spending by the Justice Dept. There have been many others. Course such comes in with the Expansion of this Dept and their bureaucracy.

Pendragon
08-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Yes, well notice how the Republicans pushed Generals Powell and Schwarzkopf to the side. They were marginalized.

General Powell in particular was made to fall on his sword by Dick Cheney, effectively ending any political career he may have had.

So really your argument only serves to strengthen mine. The Republicans would rather not have individuals speak out about these sorts of issues.

Pendragon
08-21-2011, 11:04 AM

O0

Burying your head in the sand regarding the differences between the two parties gets us nowhere. Americans need to choose a side. Fence sitting will get you absolutely nothing.

Mister D
08-21-2011, 11:16 AM

O0

Burying your head in the sand regarding the differences between the two parties gets us nowhere. Americans need to choose a side. Fence sitting will get you absolutely nothing.

That's not what he said, Pen. Furthermore, if by "choosing a side" you mean engage in the blind partisanship you've displayed here then no thanks. That's what got us in the position we're in now.

Pendragon
08-21-2011, 11:25 AM

O0

That's not what he said, Pen. Furthermore, if by "choosing a side" you mean engage in the blind partisanship you've displayed here then no thanks. That's what got us in the position we're in now.

It is not blind partisanship. I have very valid reasons for identifying myself as a Democrat.

Do you honestly believe both parties are so similar such that there is no reason to identify with either one? That seems particularly spineless to me.

Mister D
08-21-2011, 11:32 AM

O0

It is not blind partisanship. I have very valid reasons for identifying myself as a Democrat.

Do you honestly believe both parties are so similar such that there is no reason to identify with either one? That seems particularly spineless to me.

I'm sure you think you do have "very valid reasons".

Yes. The established parties are more interested in retaining their power than they are in anything else. Of course they make a little game of their partisan squabbles to distract the sheeple . Can you say BAAAAAHHH? ;D ;)

MMC
08-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Yes, well notice how the Republicans pushed Generals Powell and Schwarzkopf to the side. They were marginalized.

General Powell in particular was made to fall on his sword by Dick Cheney, effectively ending any political career he may have had.

So really your argument only serves to strengthen mine. The Republicans would rather not have individuals speak out about these sorts of issues.

Thats cuz Powell has and had no political agenda....never did. One issue that he and is wife are all about and that is Education. Which is why they are speaking all across the country. So that Republicans will take the Lead on education.

Swartzcroft was out long before Cheney could open his big mouth.

Of course you are now aware how Obama and the left helped Petraeus make that decision not to to run against Obama. Giving him the Director of the CIA. Because if you want the man who really helped Iraq and Afghanistan turn around then it was Gen. Petraeus. Not Obama! Good thing they got the HERO to put County first over any personal political ambitions. Otherwise Obama would stand no chance for re-election.

Would have been an extremely difficult time to beat the War Hero. Obama and crew knew this. Still Obama is not being questioned as to him taking vacations. It is like Mister D said. His timing does need to be questioned. Plus we already know he will end up taking two more vacations before the end of this year. Course throw in the first Ladys vacations and expenditures as well. Also one can add up Bush's expenditures for his vacations as opposed to what Obama has already spent.

At least Republicans can say that when they choose one for the SCOTUS they actually Choose from Judges. Seems the Democrats cannot say such. So care to elaborate how why the Dems should be allowed to pick those who hold no experience at being a judge whatsoever and then put such an Individual on the Supreme Court of the Country. :o What your Democrats do not ever speak about such neither. Not even on their best day. So trying to act like it is only a one party issue. Does not allow the left to walk away with no answers and to deflect the issue as to why they can increase spending in the Justice Dept, and involving themselves into areas of law that they need not be in, and it does not give the Dems any argument for being failed leaders over that of Republican Failed leaders. Except in one difference. That would be the Democrat's History. ::)

Conley
08-21-2011, 11:36 AM
I can't believe that after the last four, eight, ten years we still have people who supposedly follow politics and can be so blinded to the flaws of their own party.

If the current state of our country isn't enough to wake people up, what will it take? We are fast approaching the point of no return if we haven't passed it already. :-\

MMC
08-21-2011, 11:53 AM
I can't believe that after the last four, eight, ten years we still have people who supposedly follow politics and can be so blinded to the flaws of their own party.

If the current state of our country isn't enough to wake people up, what will it take? We are fast approaching the point of no return if we haven't passed it already. :-\

It's like I have told some before. For myself anyways. I took an Oath to Country. Not Some Party. A people without a Country, are people without rights, and I do not tolerate either or any attempting to sell out by fake-azz leaders who are nothing but sheep in wolves clothing. >:(

Conley
08-21-2011, 11:53 AM

It's like I have told some before. For myself anyways. I took an Oath to Country. Not Some Party. A people without a Country, are people without rights, and I do not tolerate either or any attempting to sell out by fake-azz leaders who are nothing but sheep in wolves clothing. >:(

Amen Brutha!

MMC
08-21-2011, 12:10 PM

Amen Brutha!

FYI.....I come from a family that consisted mostly of Democrats. Involved with Democrats. believe in Democratic prinicples like the Liberal Elite. Show up for those Democratic get-togethers. Union shop talk with the Boys in Blue.....city politics and by neighborhoods. Spend their money, then spend other peoples money. Figure out a way to get money out of peoples pockets. So I have heard it all when it comes to Democrats. The same thing from Conservatives. I say conservatives because thats what they are not true Republicans. The Neo-Cons are the ones that started that RINO shit because they have known all along that the Real Republicans are not about that Global bullshit and the Citizen of the World thing. The WORLD cannot be a REPUBLIC. This mean this Entire Planet. Such would be like a perfection and we all know there is nothing that is perfect.