PDA

View Full Version : Democrats confronted by Obamacae LIE

Reason10
02-18-2015, 08:34 AM
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/02/17/democrats_confronted_by_subsidy_lie

Now, Reuters is very outraged here. "Obamacare Rescue Ruled Out by Some States, Others Weigh Options -- Five Republican state governors say they will not rescue a crucial part of Obamacare if it is struck down by the Supreme Court, underlining the prospect for a chaotic aftermath to a ruling that could force millions of Americans to pay much more for coverage or lose their health insurance." This is in the bill. It was never the case that people's premiums were gonna go down. It was never the case that deductibles were gonna go down. It was never the case that out-of-pocket was gonna go down. It was gonna get more expensive. Obama and the Democrats and the media lied about it. We talked about this yesterday. Now all of a sudden the Democrats are hearing from their constituents, who are just figuring out how expensive the fines are if they don't have insurance. The deadline went by, and a whole bunch of people didn't know that it even existed and so they didn't get insurance, and they started learning about the fines, and they started learning how the fine is paid.

They discovered that their tax refunds would be withheld, all or in part, in order to satisfy the debt they owe for not having insurance. These people had no clue this was even a part of Obamacare, because the people that did know about it, the Democrats and the media, didn't tell anybody. The Republicans were trying to, but they couldn't get the word out, other than places like this. You knew, and probably a majority of Americans, but Democrat voters didn't know.

http://www.rushimg.com/cimages//media/images/truthobamacare2/1350644-1-eng-GB/TRUTHObamacare.jpg

Remember Jonathan Gruber saying, yeah, we wrote that in on purpose to put political pressure on all of the states to sign up and support Obamacare. But a number of them said we're not gonna do this, we can't afford it, we can't bear the expenses that you guys are trying to shift to us and saddle us with.

So in that case, the Regime said, "Fine, we'll start offering subsidies from HealthCare.gov." And that's what the Supreme Court case is about, because that's unconstitutional. They can't do it. Subsidies are not legally available from the federal government. What the government's saying, Obama, the Justice Department, "Hey, come on, come on, this is just semantics, everybody knows that we intended everybody to qualify for subsidies. We didn't mean that the states had to sign up and if they didn't, that people there couldn't get subsidies."

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q514/Hysmofyteligok/Supernatural/tumblr_m1132zmcfH1r43pe0.gif
(Note to Mods and posters. This graphic is NOT directed at ANY poster at this forum.)

Captain Obvious
02-18-2015, 08:38 AM
That's how the plan is designed to "control costs" - by getting people to stop getting medical services because they have to now pay more out of cost.

And, I believe this is why the whole process was so cloudy at first - recall that nobody knew how the plan was going to work? In fact it was still being drafted after it passed?

This was done on purpose so nobody could look under the hood and see how it's going to work.

Now that people are realizing they've been fucked with their pants on, it's too late.

Cigar
02-18-2015, 08:43 AM
About 11.4 Million Enrolled Under Health LawSign-ups exceed government expectations, as deadline is extended for some
http://www.wsj.com/articles/about-11-4-million-covered-under-health-law-1424217516?mod=rss_Health

http://content.hollywire.com/sites/default/files/mad-meme-obama.jpg

Reason10
02-18-2015, 08:56 AM
They're enrolled. And it's costing them more money.

hanger4
02-18-2015, 09:34 AM
About 11.4 Million Enrolled Under Health Law

Sign-ups exceed government expectations, as deadline is extended for some

http://www.wsj.com/articles/about-11-4-million-covered-under-health-law-1424217516?mod=rss_Health

And the issue is Obama and the Dems lied

and you deny. That's your *Step 1*

Tahuyaman
02-18-2015, 08:33 PM
And the issue is Obama and the Dems lied

and you deny. That's your *Step 1*

Step two is..... blame Bush.

Redrose
02-18-2015, 09:51 PM

yeah, we be mad.

Redrose
02-18-2015, 09:53 PM
Obamacare

Dr. Obama has the wrong finger up.

Blackrook
02-18-2015, 09:57 PM
Cigar is still defending Obamacare, even though it cost his party power in both houses of Congress and in governorships and legislatures all over America.

I guess some people never learn.

Wehrwolfen
02-18-2015, 11:26 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/s526x395/1897733_818018374927334_912108890350216346_n.png?o h=5a992289cb87bbd9bb4db495f9b1576d&oe=554E9476&__gda__=1431815470_bcc8a891afa057a60437032bc6c0999 2 (https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/s526x395/1897733_818018374927334_912108890350216346_n.png?o h=5a992289cb87bbd9bb4db495f9b1576d&oe=554E9476&__gda__=1431815470_bcc8a891afa057a60437032bc6c0999 2)
Thought this was appropriate for what America is going through under a president that is out to destroy what many of have fought and died to preserve.

gamewell45
02-19-2015, 12:57 AM
That's how the plan is designed to "control costs" - by getting people to stop getting medical services because they have to now pay more out of cost.

And, I believe this is why the whole process was so cloudy at first - recall that nobody knew how the plan was going to work? In fact it was still being drafted after it passed?

This was done on purpose so nobody could look under the hood and see how it's going to work.

Now that people are realizing they've been $#@!ed with their pants on, it's too late.

In all honesty; he never lied to me; I got to keep my doctors and my medical insurance plan I had with my company. I have no issues with what he said.

Furthermore, I had a friend and she has an illness which left untreated would eventually kill her; before ACA, she couldn't get insurance due to a pre-existing condition; now she has insurance and her condition is being treated and she can expect to live a normal lifespan within reason. Perhaps for some they may claim its a hardship being forced to have insurance they don't want, but if it is saving lives, I think that's what we should be happy about.

Shadow
02-19-2015, 01:19 AM
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2015/02/17/democrats_confronted_by_subsidy_lie

http://www.rushimg.com/cimages//media/images/truthobamacare2/1350644-1-eng-GB/TRUTHObamacare.jpg

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q514/Hysmofyteligok/Supernatural/tumblr_m1132zmcfH1r43pe0.gif
(Note to Mods and posters. This graphic is NOT directed at ANY poster at this forum.)
And that doesn't even include the people who will get screwed when the courts rule that getting subsidies via the federal exchange was illegal.

zelmo1234
02-19-2015, 02:34 AM
While there are some people that will benefit from the ACA, people need to start understanding that it was never about healthcare or health insurance

it was a massive Tax

Redrose
02-19-2015, 02:41 AM
While there are some people that will benefit from the ACA, people need to start understanding that it was never about healthcare or health insurance

it was a massive Tax

We have a winner, give that man a cigar!

Redrose
02-19-2015, 02:47 AM
In all honesty; he never lied to me; I got to keep my doctors and my medical insurance plan I had with my company. I have no issues with what he said.

Furthermore, I had a friend and she has an illness which left untreated would eventually kill her; before ACA, she couldn't get insurance due to a pre-existing condition; now she has insurance and her condition is being treated and she can expect to live a normal lifespan within reason. Perhaps for some they may claim its a hardship being forced to have insurance they don't want, but if it is saving lives, I think that's what we should be happy about.

It will kill a lot of people too, those whose insurance will not approve certain diagnostic procedures because of stricter guidelines (rationing and lower reimbursements).

Two tests my doctor said I need for an abnormal result on a catscan were not approved.
But they were nice and said I could pay for the tests myself, $3500.00.

Before the ACA my mother had the same test and it was approved.....in full.

There is nothing fair or honest or Constitutional about that scam.

Thanks Obama.

Peter1469
02-19-2015, 06:12 AM
The goal of getting more people insured could have been achieved without changing the system for practically everyone.

Peter1469
02-19-2015, 06:14 AM
And that doesn't even include the people who will get screwed when the courts rule that getting subsidies via the federal exchange was illegal. That law says only the sate exchanges get the subsidies. The legislative history says Congress intended this specifically to get States to make exchanges. How can the Court re-write the law?

PolWatch
02-19-2015, 06:36 AM
It will kill a lot of people too, those whose insurance will not approve certain diagnostic procedures because of stricter guidelines (rationing and lower reimbursements).

Two tests my doctor said I need for an abnormal result on a catscan were not approved.

Thanks Obama.

I didn't know people with Medicare were involved with the ACA. Is this an individual state thing?

I know that Medicare revised the criteria for some tests to bring costs down. We had a scandal here where some doctors were getting kickbacks for ordering unnecessary tests for Medicare patients. Medicare was paying for tests for conditions that patients did not have symptoms of. A lot of the tests that were routinely ordered are now not approved unless there are symptoms at a certain level.

Ransom
02-19-2015, 06:37 AM

it was a massive Tax

And argued as such in court. While Obama was out claiming it wasn't, his Justice Department was arguing it was... and thus Constitutional. I happen to be one of the few Neocon Conservative right wing radicals who agreed with Justice John Roberts in 2012. This is a tax. Thus legal and Constitutional..... the Congress passed it, We the Sheeple reelected Obama.... end of story. We're sleeping in the bed we made now.

Peter1469
02-19-2015, 06:59 AM
And argued as such in court. While Obama was out claiming it wasn't, his Justice Department was arguing it was... and thus Constitutional. I happen to be one of the few Neocon Conservative right wing radicals who agreed with Justice John Roberts in 2012. This is a tax. Thus legal and Constitutional..... the Congress passed it, We the Sheeple reelected Obama.... end of story. We're sleeping in the bed we made now.

How do you separate the federal government's taxing authority from its spending authority (largely found in Art. 1, sec. 8, US Const.)? In other words, how can the federal government raise a tax to pay for something not found in Article 1 section 8? And if they can, why pretend that there are limits on what the federal government can do?

Reason10
02-19-2015, 07:12 AM
And that doesn't even include the people who will get screwed when the courts rule that getting subsidies via the federal exchange was illegal.

Uh, it IS illegal. They aren't getting screwed. They expected something for nothing. They are getting precisely what they deserve.

Shadow
02-19-2015, 11:05 AM
That law says only the sate exchanges get the subsidies. The legislative history says Congress intended this specifically to get States to make exchanges. How can the Court re-write the law?
They can't. Which is why everyone that was directed to sign up via the federal exchange will lose them.

Shadow
02-19-2015, 11:07 AM
Uh, it IS illegal. They aren't getting screwed. They expected something for nothing. They are getting precisely what they deserve.
They were directed to do so by the folks running ACA.

texan
02-19-2015, 04:49 PM

What does "sign ups" mean this time around? Will they double count 400,000 again and you do realized that the numbers they forecasted to meet the financial nut is 15 Million so they are only 25% short?

Wehrwolfen
02-19-2015, 05:24 PM
@Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) is still defending Obamacare, even though it cost his party power in both houses of Congress and in governorships and legislatures all over America.

Well apparently Cigar, fingered his way through the stool sample Madam Pelosi spoke about in the passage of Obamacare.

Archer0915
02-19-2015, 05:46 PM

Like there is much choice here? Make more profits for the insurance industry or pay a fine...

gamewell45
02-19-2015, 08:45 PM

Thanks Obama.

Rather then shoot the guy who brought us ACA, wouldn't it make sense to make modifications so approval for certain diagnostic procedures would approved (thus eliminating the so-called rationing and lower reimbursements) without all the hassle?

Prior to ACA, Insurance companies decided who'd get insurance and who wouldn't thus leaving untold millions without medical insurance which translates in to the so-called "death panels". How many millions died over the past 70 years because they couldn't get treatment for symptoms which ended up down the road manifesting and turning into deadly illnesses?

For good or for bad, at least with ACA, everyone is entitled to buy a medical insurance plan, thus giving them the safety net they need and removing the burden of the uninsured showing up at the emergency room and in effect dumping the total cost onto the taxpayers. Perhaps if the insurance companies were not so greedy over the years, we might not be in this boat.

Is ACA perfect?? Absolutely not, but sitting around doing nothing isn't perfect either. Depending on your viewpoint, for good or for bad, at least Obama made an effort to provide our citizens with a safety net. In my book that's worth something.

gamewell45
02-19-2015, 08:56 PM
The goal of getting more people insured could have been achieved without changing the system for practically everyone.

I think the government looked at the system and found that it was a total mess that only a total overhaul could ameliorate; insurance companies didn't help their cause either by limiting who & who couldn't obtain medical benefits and/or making insurance rates so unrealistically high where many could not afford them and finally many American's who did buy insurance, bought the least costing plans which did virtually nothing for them unless they were on death's door. I maintain that things are better then they were prior to ACA.

ACA is not written in stone; I think it can be fine tuned as they learn more about what needs to be fixed if they can put aside all of the partisan rhetoric and work together.

Ransom
02-19-2015, 09:05 PM
How do you separate the federal government's taxing authority from its spending authority (largely found in Art. 1, sec. 8, US Const.)? In other words, how can the federal government raise a tax to pay for something not found in Article 1 section 8? And if they can, why pretend that there are limits on what the federal government can do?

I believe the question concerned the "penalty" involved should you not follow the mandate to be insured. This penalty or tax that was to be collected and enforced by the IRS. The Obama Administration, as you know Peter, argued through federal courts that this was in fact a tax and like social security or any other federal tax, legal. Now. I ain't gonna argue with no lawyer about law, you can convince me otherwise..... but I agreed with Roberts who left it to us even mentioning the upcoming election. We had our chance to stop this, we blew it.

Reason10
02-20-2015, 02:50 AM
Prior to ACA, Insurance companies decided who'd get insurance and who wouldn't thus leaving untold millions without medical insurance which translates in to the so-called "death panels".
That's a LIE.
There is this thing called "underwriting." The point of insurance is for coverage of an UNFORSEEN illness or accident. Do you understand the meaning of UNFORESEEN? Someone waiting until he/she has a heart attack or cancer is not going to get a comprehensive major medical policy. But that doesn't mean that there weren't policies out there giving SOME coverage, for increased premiums.

How many millions died over the past 70 years because they couldn't get treatment for symptoms which ended up down the road manifesting and turning into deadly illnesses?
How many? Do you have the numbers? How about those who waited until they were sick before getting insurance? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO GET IT WHILE YOU'RE HEALTHY. THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED INSURANCE.

For good or for bad, at least with ACA, everyone is entitled to buy a medical insurance plan, thus giving them the safety net they need and removing the burden of the uninsured showing up at the emergency room and in effect dumping the total cost onto the taxpayers.
Obamacare cost MILLIONS their health insurance plans and MORE MILLIONS THEIR JOBS.

Perhaps if the insurance companies were not so greedy over the years, we might not be in this boat.
This isn't the fault of insurance companies. It's the fault of LIBERAL GOVERNMENT.

Cigar
02-20-2015, 08:18 AM
@Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) is still defending Obamacare, even though it cost his party power in both houses of Congress and in governorships and legislatures all over America.

Not only am I defending it, I'm two inches from your nose laughing in yo face defending Obamacare.

... and power ... what power are you talking about?

It's February 20th ... WTF has that power done for the GOP?

Power to do what? NOTHING :laughing7: Congrats

Reason10
02-20-2015, 08:24 AM
Not only am I defending it, I'm two inches from your nose laughing in yo face defending Obamacare.

The GOP doesn't know how to handle power. As soon as the freshmen Senators took office, BOTH houses should have drafted the IMPEACHMENT order that should have been filed five years ago. They should have tied up that Kenyan Village Idiot in legal problems.

Cigar
02-20-2015, 08:28 AM
The GOP doesn't know how to handle power. As soon as the freshmen Senators took office, BOTH houses should have drafted the IMPEACHMENT order that should have been filed five years ago. They should have tied up that Kenyan Village Idiot in legal problems.

:grin:

PolWatch
02-20-2015, 08:36 AM
impeachment? Biden? really?

Professor Peabody
02-20-2015, 10:58 AM
They're enrolled. And it's costing them more money.

Narrow networks leave some Obamacare consumers lacking options (http://www.miamiherald.com/news/health-care/article10025174.html)

Obamacare doctor networks to stay limited in 2015 (http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-0928-obamacare-doctors-20140928-story.html)

Keeping Your Doctor Under Obamacare Is No Easy Feat (http://swampland.time.com/2014/01/01/keeping-your-doctor-under-obamacare-is-no-easy-feat/)

.....and that ain't all!

silvereyes
02-20-2015, 01:37 PM
Cite legit reasons. LEGIT.

domer76
02-20-2015, 01:43 PM

Exactly the same with me. And perhaps now, my tax dollars won't be spent on outlandish ER visits as someone's primary care, but for a little more preventive care.

Republicans, the ACA is not going away. Do something productive for once. Fix the shit that needs fixing and quit bitching about them. You bitched about lack of leadership when you were in the minority? Grow some fucking balls, step up to the plate and show us what you got.

domer76
02-20-2015, 01:46 PM

Thanks Obama.
You haven't given any proof that the ACA had anything to do with either. However, there's nothing stopping you from purchasing a better insurance policy, is there?

texan
02-20-2015, 06:56 PM
I didn't see the outcome from earlier this week, were the dems successful in passing something to NOT taking peoples tax returns for not buying HC?

gamewell45
02-20-2015, 07:20 PM
That's a LIE.
There is this thing called "underwriting." The point of insurance is for coverage of an UNFORSEEN illness or accident. Do you understand the meaning of UNFORESEEN? Someone waiting until he/she has a heart attack or cancer is not going to get a comprehensive major medical policy. But that doesn't mean that there weren't policies out there giving SOME coverage, for increased premiums.

How many? Do you have the numbers? How about those who waited until they were sick before getting insurance? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO GET IT WHILE YOU'RE HEALTHY. THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED INSURANCE.

Obamacare cost MILLIONS their health insurance plans and MORE MILLIONS THEIR JOBS.

This isn't the fault of insurance companies. It's the fault of LIBERAL GOVERNMENT.

Your wrong on all four counts. Sorry.

Redrose
02-20-2015, 07:28 PM

There is a great deal of power in the Congress when one party controls both houses and are the same party as the president.

The Congress as it stands now, GOP controlled, is still shackled because of Obama's veto powers. Obama is the obstructionist now.

Obamacare is a poison wrapped up in a sugar coating. The coating is wearing thin now, and the poison is coming to the surface.

The Xl
02-20-2015, 07:40 PM
The system works for some, and not for others. In a way, it's not much different than it was before, only the beneficiaries and victims are switched, which is sad either way when you think about it. Some people are going to logically defend it and it makes sense for them too, it works for them now. The health care system is fucked now, and it was fucked then.

The only reason it was passed is because it fattened the pockets of the insurance industry further. They could care less about who is hurting and who is benefiting from the bill.

They could have passed something helping everyone without hurting anyone, but they weren't interested in that.

domer76
02-20-2015, 09:48 PM
There is a great deal of power in the Congress when one party controls both houses and are the same party as the president.

The Congress as it stands now, GOP controlled, is still shackled because of Obama's veto powers. Obama is the obstructionist now.

Obamacare is a poison wrapped up in a sugar coating. The coating is wearing thin now, and the poison is coming to the surface.

Call a waaaaambulance. Perhaps that will be covered.

Professor Peabody
02-23-2015, 05:49 AM
Prior to ACA, Insurance companies decided who'd get insurance and who wouldn't thus leaving untold millions without medical insurance which translates in to the so-called "death panels". How many millions died over the past 70 years because they couldn't get treatment for symptoms which ended up down the road manifesting and turning into deadly illnesses?

"uninsured" does NOT mean can't get health care. The HRSA on-line finder has a low cost/no cost Federally funded Health clinics.

Federally-funded health centers care for you, even if you have no health insurance. You pay what you can afford, based on your income. Health centers provide

1. checkups when you're well
2. treatment when you're sick
3. complete care when you're pregnant
4. immunizations and checkups for your children
5. dental care and prescription drugs for your family
6. mental health and substance abuse care if you need it

Health centers are in most cities and many rural areas. Type in your address and click the 'Find Health Centers' button to find health centers near you.

http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/Search_HCC.aspx?byCounty=0

County hospitals had similar programs for those without insurance.

Common
02-23-2015, 06:11 AM

Rose the obstruction is both ways, the GOP has used total complete obstructionist politics since the day Obama walked into the whitehouse. They are using it now.

I dread the day all 3 chambers are held by one party and that goes for both of them.
If the GOP wins the whitehouse in 16, its the end of working america once and for all.

The only good that will come out off it, is that many of the low wage workers will finally wake up and see that the GOP has taken from them and screwed them right along with everyone else.

Peter1469
02-23-2015, 06:16 AM
Why? You won't see much difference.