PDA

View Full Version : High school physics class turned into a CLASS ENVY rally

Reason10
02-18-2015, 08:54 AM
New High-School Physics Curriculum Includes Lessons on White Privilege

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/398709/new-high-school-physics-curriculum-includes-lessons-white-privilege-katherine-timpf

A high-school physics teacher has developed his own six-day curriculum that he uses to teach about institutional racism, privilege, and social justice as part of his seniors’ physics classes.

The teacher, Moses Rifkin of University Prep in Seattle, has also been promoting the lesson plan to other high-school science instructors.
John Burk, a math and physics teacher from Delaware, said that he learned about the curriculum when he met Rifkin at a People of Color Conference and gushed that it “brilliantly brings lessons about social justice, privilege, and institutional racism into the physics classroom.”

A PEOPLE OF COLOR CONFERENCE? Back in my youth, those conferences took place on Saturday morning television. The show was called SOUL TRAIN.

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q514/Hysmofyteligok/Supernatural/tumblr_m1132zmcfH1r43pe0.gif
(Note to mods and posters: This graphic is NOT directed at any poster at this forum.)

Captain Obvious
02-18-2015, 09:03 AM
So?

PolWatch
02-18-2015, 10:11 AM
I really hope someone gets over their fixation with the same TV character. Maybe something new? SpongBob SquarePants?

Bob
02-18-2015, 03:45 PM
Physics is science. My classes in Physics would have been in open rebellion had the teacher tried to make it about race.

So you are a racist.

Stop to think about that. Maybe you love to stack women in your bed to have sex with too. Maybe you are fluent in the Tibetan languages. Maybe you will take down a black bear for food.

Somebody hates you for each of those things.

Racism is a right. A lot you might do will annoy others. They annoy you too. Many blabbing about how evil racism is annoy the hell out of me all the time. They never let up.

However that may be, it is their right to try to annoy me. My rights are equal to theirs.

Racism came into being for a good reason. I have argued this with well educated blacks and persuaded them that they too are racists and of course have every right to be racists.

I will say it again. Racism came into being to protect the group from an outside group. To invite in a possible enemy was a danger to your local group. Even among the natives of Africa, black on black racism happens. They do it to protect tribes. Native Indian tribes did it all the time. The Navajo tribe was not friendly to the Apache tribe. Some tribes were mortal enemies. Was it the Mohawk hair cut done to identify race? Some will say, but but, they are the same race. But my point is it is not so much skin color as most believe, but differences. Differences might be the bird feathers some used. If those feathers came from an out of area bird, surely the indians realized it. And that might trigger a war.

Be respectful of racism. It caused your line of family to survive these many eras all over the world. You come from the line of survivors. Be thankful.

Common Sense
02-18-2015, 03:49 PM
Soul Train was on in the afternoon...

texan
02-18-2015, 04:22 PM
I like meat.

Reason10
02-18-2015, 08:29 PM
Soul Train was on in the afternoon...

Where I grew up, it was a little after 12. Still morning to me.

Reason10
02-18-2015, 08:30 PM
I like meat.

Same here.